image_(resized).jpg
image_(resized).png
image_(resized).jpeg
image_(resized).png
image_(resized).png
image_(resized).jpg
image_(resized).jpg
image_(resized).png
There are 56 posts in this topic. You are on page 1 of 2.
#1 7 years ago

Just tried to offer her 700 but she wants to sell to first person that responded for less why are people so dumb maybe someone else can talk her out of it

image_(resized).pngimage_(resized).png

#2 7 years ago
Quoted from wierdeer:

Just tried to offer her 700 but she wants to sell to first person that responded for less why are people so dumb maybe someone else can talk her out of it

WTF? She wants to keep her word and honor her original deal?

What a bitch.

#3 7 years ago
Quoted from wierdeer:

why are people so dumb maybe someone else can talk her out of it

It's called honor and intergrity.

#4 7 years ago

Lol I know rite...

#5 7 years ago

Yes God forbid someone do the right thing and not think about a better way to line their pockets....

#6 7 years ago

I understand but man I would have paid more than 700 like at least a thousand... That being said,there is integrity and there is stupidity.honor pshh she would not be shaming her name by being smart and taking my money lol. (Picturing in my head some chick plunging knife into stomach after I drive off with pin) honor lol.

#7 7 years ago

At least she had integrity...you on the other hand clearly tried to screw her with an offer of less than half of what the game is really worth and your upset because you didnt make the big score...
I applaud her

#8 7 years ago

image_(resized).jpgimage_(resized).jpg

#9 7 years ago

lol the game is in Hawaii and would cost a lot to ship home. taking that and the repairs shop job I made the most reasonable offer I could without seeing in person..... I got an idea everybody sell there no fear for less than I would pay you for it.....at least you would have integrity and honor lol

You might need a bigger bowl

#10 7 years ago
Quoted from cosmokramer:

and your upset because you didnt make the big score...
I applaud her

Who's upset here? I just posted my experience today that's all

#11 7 years ago
Quoted from wierdeer:

why are people so dumb

#12 7 years ago
Quoted from wierdeer:

Who's upset here? I just posted my experience today that's all

It's just showcasing your seemingly unscrupulous behavior.

It also shows that the seller keeps their word after making a deal, and their word is worth more to them than a few extra bucks from an aggressive buyer.

#13 7 years ago

I love sellers that honor the deal and tell someone who tries to take a deal from the original buyer: "nope. not happening - they were here first, so they get it first"

Same thing is happening with TAF I am buying from Balboarules. 4 different people tried to take the deal out from under me, and Balboarules honored his word to me, and I get the machine because - guess what? - I responded and committed FIRST.

*happy sigh* It's the little things in life.

#14 7 years ago

So because I called her dumb I'm upset?

Quoted from ForceFlow:

It's just showcasing your seemingly unscrupulous behavior.
It also shows that the seller keeps their word after making a deal, and their word is worth more to them than a few extra bucks from an aggressive buyer.

Unscrupulous behavior? Lol I posted cause I couldn't get her to crack and thought maybe someone with better negotiating skills here on Pinside might have better luck. No worries I won't put cheap game opertunitys up here anymore

This site has a lot of great info for pin heads that I am greatful for but you all need to chill out man attacking someone's character sheesh! That my friends has no integrity....it's been an honor....but now I have to get back to work You get that time 2000 I took all that time and effort to get to you? Speaking of integrity.

#15 7 years ago

If a deal is pending, I never try to snag it out from under somebody. That's dirty pool

I had completely forgotten I had bought parts from you last year. I always appreciate a smooth transaction.

#16 7 years ago

#17 7 years ago
Quoted from ForceFlow:

If a deal is pending, I never try to snag it out from under somebody. That's dirty pool
I had completely forgotten I had bought parts from you last year. I always appreciate a smooth transaction.

Ok I get that,but lets Say at the very same time this machine is up for sale another one of the same title was for sale..... Now the fair market value for this machine is changed.... Well at least in Hawaii where there is no scene.
I assume if these don't end up in the mainland or with someone who takes care of the machine(I have only met three pinballers here in Oahu)they will end up like this Captain Hook
Termites will eat you house From around you here!

#18 7 years ago

The meth in Colorado must be good. U R TWEAKING DOOOD ---->.

#19 7 years ago
Quoted from wierdeer:

Ok I get that,but lets Say at the very same time this machine is up for sale another one of the same title was for sale..... Now the fair market value for this machine is changed.... Well at least in Hawaii where there is no scene.
I assume if these don't end up in the mainland or with someone who takes care of the machine(I have only met three pinballers here in Oahu)they will end up like this Captain Hook
Termites will eat you house From around you here!

I'm not sure I follow what you're trying to say.

If a game is available, then sure, have at it.

#20 7 years ago
Quoted from jahbarron:

The meth in Colorado must be good.

And now a blatant attack on Colorado
I guess since you are trolling you are expecting some comment like that's why your mom comes and visits all the time, or I pay your wife in Colorado meth to work the corner of colfax and Broadway, or maybe even I don't know how good it is cause I don't do meth.... But I will not stoop so low to give you that satisfaction ?

#21 7 years ago
Quoted from ForceFlow:

I'm not sure I follow what you're trying to say.
If a game is available, then sure, have at it.

I'm saying if I was selling a no fear myself which I'm not. I wouldn't be able to get fair market value if someone is selling the same game for super cheap...... Just saying again that it's stupid to sell so cheap

#22 7 years ago
Quoted from wierdeer:

I'm saying if I was selling a no fear myself which I'm not. I wouldn't be able to get fair market value if someone is selling the same game for super cheap...... Just saying again that it's stupid to sell so cheap

I get cheap games all the time. I'm happy to get the game, and the seller is happy to get rid of it.

The market for project games and fully refurbished games are a bit different. Not everyone wants a project. Some folks want a game that is ready to play.

A game that is below market value is simply a bargain. That's about it.

#23 7 years ago
Quoted from wierdeer:

I guess since you are trolling you are expecting some comment like that's why your mom comes and visits all the time, or I pay your wife in Colorado meth to work the corner of colfax and Broadway, or maybe even I don't know how good it is cause I don't do meth.... But I will not stoop so low to give you that satisfaction ?

Lotta words, so little punctuation. The gist is that you're bizarre. Move on.

#24 7 years ago
Quoted from ForceFlow:

I get cheap games all the time. I'm happy to get the game, and the seller is happy to get rid of it.
The market for project games and fully refurbished games are a bit different. Not everyone wants a project. Some folks want a game that is ready to play.
A game that is below market value is simply a bargain. That's about it.

Agreed.....that being said you probably wouldn't sell them cheap games you get all the time for cheap. cause I assume you are smarter than that and know the value of your games. You would fall into the smart person category..... The seller in my post falls into the uneducated(stupid) category.all I did was Make a larger offer than what she had it listed for and..oh as far as dirty pool the seller left the add up on Craigslist while sale pending I made an offer she said she had an offer from someone else but my offer was hard to refuse in the end she contacted first guy And felt compelled to sell to him.to be honest I have no idea how much it sold for I'm just assuming it was less than my offer...honorable but not smart

#25 7 years ago
Quoted from jahbarron:

Lotta words, so little punctuation. The gist is that you're bizarre. Move on.

Sorry my grammar isn't to your liking
Get outa my thread (Edited by Pinside staff)

#26 7 years ago

I'll chime in before the lock....if you made an offer that's fine...but once she said your #2 you should have backed off right there.....my Mother raised me to be a man of my word.....that lady had a good Mother also............Joey

#27 7 years ago
Quoted from wierdeer:

It was an attack on you.

#28 7 years ago

"Envy can be a terrible thing".
There are always more deals in the world, if a person is willing to work to find them.
The search for "diamonds in the rough" are some of the best parts of excitement in the hobby.

#29 7 years ago

Why the hell are you looking at Hawaii's craigslist anyway when you live in CO? Just to try and ruin someone elses good deal because you were impatient and overpaid? That's a straight up dickhole move.

#30 7 years ago

I don't think I would want a game from Hawaii... Bugs, tropical humidity and salty ocean air.

#31 7 years ago
Quoted from merccat:

I don't think I would want a game from Hawaii... Bugs, tropical humidity and salty ocean air.

Actually my old JM came from hawaii. Game was in very good shape, as were all the games the seller brought over to CA.

#32 7 years ago

100% bullshit on your part. You didn't get a deal because someone was good enough to honor a deal already made. With all of your crying over it, you left out an important detail and that is how you are trying to fuck over the original responder.

Total dick move

#33 7 years ago

Well atleast you got that whole "National Spelling Bee Champion" thing going for you.
Fuckin jagweed.

#34 7 years ago

image_(resized).jpegimage_(resized).jpeg

#35 7 years ago
Quoted from vdojaq:

you left out an important detail and that is how you are trying to fuck over the original responder.
Total dick move

IMO it's not a dick move to offer more than list price for an under-priced item. He's just increasing his chances of making a buy.

Seller is under no obligation to accept the first email saying "I'll take it". If she made a commitment to sell to someone at asking price already, it's on her to honor that commitment and if she doesn't then that would-be buyer has a right to be pissed (but not surprised - this is Craigslist, not Pinside).

If he's actively trying to talk her into breaking her word to someone else I'll agree that's lame. But if she says "I got an earlier email from a guy that'll pay the $400" but doesn't say that they've solidified a deal, and he says "I'll pay $1000" and reminds her that Craigslist doesn't require you to sell to the first person that emails, I don't see a problem there.

#36 7 years ago

This is part of the reason CL has turned into an free "auction house", rather than a sale location. "This guy said he would pay me x...". Let the BS wars begin. If the seller does not give a confirmed and day for pickup, or the buyer does not show up, there is no binding contract. Sometimes you get fortunate, sometimes not. What a person can do to increase their chances is start networking.
This way you get first crack BEFORE it goes up on CL, Ebay, PinSide, Mr Pinball, KLOV, WPC Forums, where ever.

#37 7 years ago

Call the waaaaaaaabulance. You guys are funny! Fighting like a bunch of kids.

#38 7 years ago

The title of this thread was doomed from the start.....

#39 7 years ago

#40 7 years ago

#41 7 years ago

#42 7 years ago
Quoted from fosaisu:

IMO it's not a dick move to offer more than list price for an under-priced item. He's just increasing his chances of making a buy.
Seller is under no obligation to accept the first email saying "I'll take it". If she made a commitment to sell to someone at asking price already, it's on her to honor that commitment and if she doesn't then that would-be buyer has a right to be pissed (but not surprised - this is Craigslist, not Pinside).
If he's actively trying to talk her into breaking her word to someone else I'll agree that's lame. But if she says "I got an earlier email from a guy that'll pay the $400" but doesn't say that they've solidified a deal, and he says "I'll pay $1000" and reminds her that Craigslist doesn't require you to sell to the first person that emails, I don't see a problem there.

She told him she was selling it to someone else. That should be the end of it, period. DICK MOVE

#43 7 years ago
Quoted from fosaisu:

So......................

If you were the first buyer to pay the asking price, and he came and pulled this move offering more money on a sale that she committed to you already, and he won her over by offering to pay more, you're telling me you would see the new buyer's actions as "not be a dick move" ?

#44 7 years ago

last good craigslist deal bump

#46 7 years ago

book_him_dano_(resized).jpgbook_him_dano_(resized).jpg

#47 7 years ago
Quoted from NPO:

So......................
If you were the first buyer to pay the asking price, and he came and pulled this move offering more money on a sale that she committed to you already, and he won her over by offering to pay more, you're telling me you would see the new buyer's actions as "not be a dick move" ?

Dick move by the guy offering more, no.

Dick move by the seller breaking an earlier commitment to accept that new offer, sure.

#48 7 years ago
Quoted from Blackjacker:

Dick move by the guy offering more, no.
Dick move by the seller breaking an earlier commitment to accept that new offer, sure.

I'll politely disagree here. I guess this is where some people just feel differently.

To me, if I know someone else has already been committed the game, and I know at that point that me offering more money is, in essence, me trying to take the game away from someone else who has already been committed the game - that's plain thievery.

I'll bet if you offered more money and won the game, and you just so happened to meet the previous buyer or the previous buyer was one of your good friends who you took the game from, you sure wouldn't say anything.

For me, when someone has been committed the game, I back off. I ask the seller to keep my name at the ready in case the first buyer flakes, and then it's my turn. Everyone else's MMV.

#49 7 years ago

#50 7 years ago
Quoted from NPO:

I'll politely disagree here. I guess this is where some people just feel differently.
To me, if I know someone else has already been committed the game, and I know at that point that me offering more money is, in essence, me trying to take the game away from someone else who has already been committed the game - that's plain thievery.
I'll bet if you offered more money and won the game, and you just so happened to meet the previous buyer or the previous buyer was one of your good friends who you took the game from, you sure wouldn't say anything.
For me, when someone has been committed the game, I back off. I ask the seller to keep my name at the ready in case the first buyer flakes, and then it's my turn. Everyone else's MMV.

Promoted items from Pinside Marketplace and Pinside Shops!
Eproms
Matt's Basement Arcade

$ 15.95
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
ULEKstore

$ 329.99
Lighting - Other
Lighted Pinball Mods

Machine - For Sale
La Porte, TX
$ 11.95
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
ULEKstore

$ 22.50
Electronics
bdash's bits

Cabinet - Other
NO GOUGE PINBALL™

$ 37.50
$ 23.95
Lighting - Led
Mitchell Lighting

$ 63.95
Eproms
Pinballrom

$ 9.95
Eproms
Pinballrom

$ 19.95
Lighting - Led
Mitchell Lighting

$ 79.00
Lighting - Under Cabinet
Arcade Upkeep

$ 59.99
Playfields
NO GOUGE PINBALL™

$ 5.00
Playfield - Protection
UpKick Pinball

$ 10.00
Cabinet - Other
Filament Printing

$ 18.99
Tools
FlipMods

$ 35.00
Cabinet - Other
Rocket City Pinball

Machine - For Sale
Cumming, GA
Hey modders!
Your shop name here
There are 56 posts in this topic. You are on page 1 of 2.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/400-no-fear-honolulu-craigslist and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.