Topic Stats

• 24 posts
  • 16 Pinsiders participating
  • Latest reply 9 years ago by usandthem
  • No one calls this topic a favorite

You

Linked Games

Topic poll

“In 20 years, will you prefer Sterns from 2003-2014 or W/B games from 1991-1999”

• Stern Games 18 votes
    23%
  • W/B Games 40 votes
    51%
  • 20 years? I just hope to be alive. 20 votes
    26%

(78 votes by 0 Pinsiders)

Topic Gallery

View topic image gallery

tspp pf.jpg
squirrel-up-dog-gif.gif

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider J_Cutler.
Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

#7 9 years ago
Quoted from Hazoff:

I hope neither, why would I want to play the same games. Pinball will evolve I think and hope, to the point where our current pins seem primitive, obviously the basic elements will always be there but if MM is #1 still in the year 2020 then I won't be in the hobby anymore. I feel things are finally starting to really progress with the likes of the newest Stern's and JJP etc. and I hope with the exception of hard-core collectors who can still enjoy EM's which no offense "suck" that we will be slowly on our way to real life Pinball FX2 or better. If not pinball will suffer another crash to which it will not recover. We must evolve or die. Anyway have fun playing pinball.

Obviously your to young to understand the beauty and sounds of EM pins and the memories that they provoke in people. To make the statement they "suck", shows the level of your immaturity. ( No Offense)
To answer the OP's question: I guess for me, being 61. What I will like best is if I'm still walking on this planet and playing pinball period, and not taking a dirt nap.

#17 9 years ago
Quoted from Hazoff:

No disrespect meant, and I'm old enough to have played EM's in the arcades so to that point you are wrong sir but for me they are not fun after the likes of dmd pins old and new, even the 80's SS are much more fun to play but that's me. I have many friends who play pinball and grew up with em's who would not have any interest in playing them anymore. I'm glad you enjoy them just stated my opinion.

I apologize Hazoff.. I think I was having a moment so to speak and shouldn't have jumped on you like that. I also enjoy the new pins very much. They play much faster and all the lights and sounds are great. Then you play an EM and things slow down. But, that is good also... The sounds of the chimes and bells evoke great memories for me as kid. I guess I like them all..As I've just started in owning a pin, I'm going to hopefully have a mix of all era's. Like a friend told me, the more people that don't like EM's the better. That makes them cheap and affordable to buy, and that's the way I like it. lol

Jack

Promoted items from Pinside Marketplace and Pinside Shops!
Machine - For Sale
Boulder, CO
Cabinet - Other
Lighted Pinball Mods

$ 12.95
$ 18.95
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
RamMods

$ 259.99
Cabinet - Toppers
Lighted Pinball Mods

$ 115.00
Cabinet - Shooter Rods
Super Skill Shot Shop

$ 39.50
$ 255.00
Cabinet - Shooter Rods
Pinball Haus

$ 79.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Lermods

$ 50.00
Playfield - Protection
Duke Pinball

$ 100.00
Cabinet - Shooter Rods
Super Skill Shot Shop

Cabinet - Other
Filament Printing

$ 130.00
Gameroom - Decorations
Dijohn

$ 35.00
Cabinet - Decals
Pinball Haus

10,000 (OBO)
Machine - For Sale
Deer Park, NY
$ 29.00
Gameroom - Decorations
Pinball Photos LLC

Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
RamMods

$ 25.00
Cabinet - Other
Rocket City Pinball

Cabinet - Armor And Blades
arcade-cabinets.com

Machine - For Sale
Lake Elsinore, CA
5,700 (OBO)
Machine - For Sale
Monument, CO
$ 135.00
Gameroom - Decorations
Dijohn

$ 10.00
Playfield - Plastics
Minty's Mods

Gameroom - Decorations
Rocket City Pinball

$ 115.00
Cabinet - Shooter Rods
Super Skill Shot Shop

$ 45.95
Eproms
Pinballrom

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider J_Cutler.
Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/40-year-old-wb-or-20-year-old-stern?tu=J_Cutler and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.