Topic Heartbeat

Topic Stats

• 11 posts
  • 6 Pinsiders participating
  • Latest reply 6 years ago by MikeO
  • No one calls this topic a favorite

You

Linked Games

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider goatdan.
Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

#1 8 years ago

Okay, this problem has been going on for altogether too long, and I'm not sure what's causing it... First, quick background...

In 4 Square, the goal of the game is to light targets corresponding with 1, 2, 3 and 4 to increase values on various things on the playfield. There is a 16 light grid in the center that tracks your score.

On my machine, if you hit ANY 1 target, you also light the 4 target. You do NOT get points for both, but the center lights all light up.

So far, what I have tried:

- Checked all targets to ensure that none of them are touching wires with other targets.
- Checked the relay in the back of the machine that controls "counting" the four struck targets to ensure that none of them have wires that are crossing.
- Checked all roll over switches to ensure that they are not touching when playing the machine.

I really don't know what else to check on this one. Additionally, I'm not sure if perhaps it is one of the "difficulty" settings with the game, as I can find no documentation on what those are...

Help?

#3 8 years ago
Quoted from fireball2:

Are you on 3 ball? or 5 ball? My guess is if you are on 3ball, it's a feature so the game isn't so hard with only 3 balls. My World Fair has that. On 3 ball the spinner spots 2 numbers. Just a guess...

Oh that's fascinating. Yeah, it's three balls. I'll see if I can change it...

#4 8 years ago

Aaaannnnndddddd I'm a dummy.

The operations card says for three ball hitting 1 or 4 scores 1 and 4. Flip it over, and that changes.

Apparently, it's not a bug it's a feature!

#7 8 years ago
Quoted from fireball2:

You guys and your 3-ball.

I set it like that for tournament play, which is what it was last doing, and I never changed it because I was trying to figure out how it 'broke'. Oi.

Promoted items from Pinside Marketplace and Pinside Shops!
$ 1.00
Pinball Machine
Pinball Alley

$ 4.00
Playfield - Decals
UpKick Pinball

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider goatdan.
Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/4-square-one-target-scores-two?tu=goatdan and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.