(Topic ID: 221951)

4 NIB Pins in Newton NC Storage Auction 2 STOLEN Please Help Find Them!!

By RTR

5 years ago

Topic Heartbeat

Topic Stats

• 208 posts
  • 75 Pinsiders participating
  • Latest reply 2 years ago by PinRob
  • Topic is favorited by 19 Pinsiders

You

Linked Games

Topic Gallery

View topic image gallery

E2FB0E0D-7155-4072-88E4-8298AD3D9D64 (resized).jpeg
95760FC0-BA87-465A-A920-97B0AA883BCD (resized).jpeg
45406D50-ECAC-442A-9920-D96963129E2A (resized).jpeg
DB48E50A-FAAD-4E8D-8214-F92E363A7759 (resized).png
witch-burn_her (resized).png
canon04052018 003 (resized).JPG
canon04052018 001 (resized).JPG
e862d45ff80e10e92727495ce5d785b71962a4e0 (resized).jpg
4aca835713586e62a6672adb3577e62e2086b902 (resized).jpg
come-on-man_o_1094311 (resized).jpg
Screenshot_20180821-060138 (resized).png
Screenshot_20180820-150726 (resized).png
IMG_20180821_055201572_LL (resized).jpg
IMG_20180821_055227990 (resized).jpg
IMG_20180821_055216014_LL (resized).jpg
IMG_20180821_055156064 (resized).jpg
There are 208 posts in this topic. You are on page 3 of 5.
#101 5 years ago
Quoted from dung:

Well mister downvote, look at this way. You put a big spotlight on this auction. From what people have said others knew about this and were bidding and you just brought them more competition. It doesn't matter if it sold for 10 dollars or 10k your good intentions have a bad outcome for those who learn about relatively unknown deals.

Don't take it personally. A downvote just means I disagree with you. Doesn't mean I don't like you.

If the auction was in Nashville and I was interested, I probably wouldn't have been spotlighting it. But I wouldn't care if someone did. It is one of the many reasons I frequent the forum - to find out about things for sale that I ordinarily would not. Members throw threads up about auctions, craigslist alerts, non-pinsiders selling collections and more - all the time. I am glad when I see them. It is one of the reasons for logging in, in my opinion.

#102 5 years ago

I would have SOOO bought these had I seen this auction.

#103 5 years ago
Quoted from dung:

Well mister downvote, look at this way. You put a big spotlight on this auction. From what people have said others knew about this and were bidding and you just brought them more competition. It doesn't matter if it sold for 10 dollars or 10k your good intentions have a bad outcome for those who learn about relatively unknown deals.

I call total nonsense and pure bullshit, it was a PUBLIC AUCTION. I had no clue about it until his post and signed up immediately to place a bid. I was out when it crossed $1200. I was ready to hook up the trailer and go for a weekend road trip. Cry me a river that more people had the opportunity to bid on these rare pieces. Pretty damn shallow to blame the O.P. because someone else didn't get "the cheap deal".

#104 5 years ago
Quoted from vdojaq:

I call total nonsense and pure bullshit

I completely agree.... this is a forum for pinball enthusiasts, I would hope that those that see collector quality items going un-noticed to highlight them for the community.

Had it not been for the OP, a non-enthusiast buyer might have just

a) Flipped them on craigslist
b) Strip out the guts to make a mini virtual pinball or sit down arcade
c) Used them as a saw horse
d) When they find out the rubbers are all deteriorated, toss it in a dumpster

#105 5 years ago

I commend the Op for posting it while the auction was going on, I wish there were more selfless pinsiders like him out there!

#106 5 years ago

Thanks for the support guys, but let's not turn this thread into an argument about whether it's ok to do make people aware about pins for sale, I think it's pretty well accepted that it is ok.

Dung had a different opinion and that's ok too. I shouldn't have called him Mr. Inflation Police, I might have escalated it by doing that and if so, my apologies.

Now lets find these missing machines!!

#107 5 years ago

Why don't you guys just get a room! lol

Use your Columbo like research skills and let's solve this caper!

index (resized).jpgindex (resized).jpg
#108 5 years ago

RTR I do at least one national Craigslist search a day. I’ll keep a look out for these cocktail pins

#109 5 years ago
Quoted from bluespin:

rtr I do at least one national Craigslist search a day. I’ll keep a look out for these cocktail pins

I've been searching Facebook for the words "Night Moves" to see if anybody has been talking about it recently, some of us know it has some distinctive metal traits.

#110 5 years ago

And this is where I sit and ask how many times have you seen someone post about a deal publicly and later see that there was a feeding frenzy that drove the price up? Its common and anyone who wants to sit there and say otherwise is full of shit. More eyes make for more dollars so it hurts rather than help.

#111 5 years ago
Quoted from dung:

And this is where I sit and ask how many times have you seen someone post about a deal publicly and later see that there was a feeding frenzy that drove the price up? Its common and anyone who wants to sit there and say otherwise is full of shit. More eyes make for more dollars so it hurts rather than help.

Ok man, we have your view on it. Let's just agree to disagree. Maybe you should start a thread about it.

#112 5 years ago

As the auction winner I am glad that this thread was posted. I have learned a lot. I had my max bid and didn't exceed it. It just made for more spirited bidding.

#113 5 years ago

Hey cap'n roadkill,
If you want to let go of one whenever you get em all, shoot me a pm.

#114 5 years ago
Quoted from RTR:

Ok man, we have your view on it. Let's just agree to disagree. Maybe you should start a thread about it.

Please god no.

#115 5 years ago
Quoted from dung:

It hurts whom? Your point of view is very slanted because this helps the seller immensely. Only the buyer can decide what his ceiling is on what he or she is going to spend. Boo hoo if someone doesn't get the killer deal because someone has deeper pockets or is willing to step up to the plate more. Are you really going to play the someone got hurt card because they had to spend more in a hobby? How ridiculous! I am sorry, but the hurt comes when you can't afford the rent or to put food on the table, not because someone got outbid on pinball machines that no needs in life. Cry me a river.

#116 5 years ago
Quoted from Cpt_roadkill:

As the auction winner I am glad that this thread was posted. I have learned a lot. I had my max bid and didn't exceed it. It just made for more spirited bidding.

What you got them for was still a killer deal. Such a shame that two of them walked off, but I have a feeling they will be recovered.

#117 5 years ago
Quoted from dung:

And if you find out about a little-publicized deal, do you pass it up out of “fairness” to others that may have learned about it first and don’t need you horning in on “their” bargain? And if that’s not your usual practice, how are you not just as much a part of the “problem” as OP, since you’re also “hurting” the deal for someone else?

I’ll take my answer in the new thread.

#118 5 years ago

I see everyone piling on, saying to post the auctions, and anyone crying about it is a big baby.

To some extent this is true: there's no use crying about it, because information leaks and odds are, SOMEONE will post about the auction / estate sale / posting / whatever. But the problem with folks getting on the bandwagon of "who cares if the auction was posted for more exposure", is they missed this little bit of hypocrisy:

Quoted from RTR:

If the auction was in Nashville and I was interested, I probably wouldn't have been spotlighting it.

You don't say...?

This is why, even though there's no use crying about it, I hate when folks point an auction out while braying "just trying to help my fellow hobbyists!" Because as sure as the gavel strikes, as soon as an auction has something of your/their interest, "community help" takes a back seat to self-interested secret-ism.

For crying out loud, this site is full of threads created for the sole purpose of bragging about insane deals, and bitching about bad ones. There's no way that any of you folks saying "Yes everyone needs to see deal listings so bring on the competition!" will be doing the posting when you luck into that $2K Twilight Zone estate classified. Anyone who claims otherwise is a liar or a hypocrite. NOBODY ever posts a "nobrainer" CL ad before calling or passing on it themselves.

So yeah, bitching about the exposure of auctions is pretty stupid, but don't pretend to be above disappointment when one you've been stalking for yourself suddenly attracts more attention.

#119 5 years ago
Quoted from goingincirclez:

as soon as an auction has something of your/their interest, "community help" takes a back seat to self-interested secret-ism

Well ya.... of course.

If he buys it, he knows an enthusiast will end up with the machine, so why start a bidding war against himself. But if he's not going to buy it, he'd rather someone else in our community get it.

So if I find a good deal on craigslist, I would buy it myself, if not, I would tell the community... why would I tell the community "hey, I found a great deal for myself, but if you want to out bid, me, here's the sellers info?"

This is in no way hypocrisy, it is just doing what's in the best interest of the pinball community, understanding that we are also part of that community.

#120 5 years ago
Quoted from gmkalos:

Join my Facebook group I've got several years of researching vintage pinball videos and news segments all in one place!
https://www.facebook.com/groups/1529515124038768/

For the folks who do not have facehugger, can you post here or pm them? Thank you.

#121 5 years ago
Quoted from chad:

For the folks who do not have facehugger, can you post here or pm them? Thank you.

Impossible man 3+ years of research and hundreds of videos make an account or suffer! lol

#122 5 years ago

I see everyone piling on, saying to post the auctions, and anyone crying about it is a big baby.
To some extent this is true: there's no use crying about it, because information leaks and odds are, SOMEONE will post about the auction / estate sale / posting / whatever. But the problem with folks getting on the bandwagon of "who cares if the auction was posted for more exposure", is they missed this little bit of hypocrisy:

You don't say...?
This is why, even though there's no use crying about it, I hate when folks point an auction out while braying "just trying to help my fellow hobbyists!" Because as sure as the gavel strikes, as soon as an auction has something of your/their interest, "community help" takes a back seat to self-interested secret-ism.
For crying out loud, this site is full of threads created for the sole purpose of bragging about insane deals, and bitching about bad ones. There's no way that any of you folks saying "Yes everyone needs to see deal listings so bring on the competition!" will be doing the posting when you luck into that $2K Twilight Zone estate classified. Anyone who claims otherwise is a liar or a hypocrite. NOBODY ever posts a "nobrainer" CL ad before calling or passing on it themselves.
So yeah, bitching about the exposure of auctions is pretty stupid, but don't pretend to be above disappointment when one you've been stalking for yourself suddenly attracts more attention.

TLDR, but I did notice you cut off the rest of my quote - here it is in case you missed it:

"If the auction was in Nashville and I was interested, I probably wouldn't have been spotlighting it. But I wouldn't care if someone did. It is one of the many reasons I frequent the forum - to find out about things for sale that I ordinarily would not. Members throw threads up about auctions, craigslist alerts, non-pinsiders selling collections and more - all the time. I am glad when I see them. It is one of the reasons for logging in, in my opinion."

#123 5 years ago

It is amazing to me what some people find to whine and b*itch about in these threads. It is like they comb them to dispense Debbie Downer's on us. Cheer up guys!!!

But that's cool, it just bumps this thread and hopefully will help find the missing machines.

#124 5 years ago

Any new news? We need to get those machines back to their rightful owner...

#125 5 years ago
Quoted from Phat_Jay:

Any new news? We need to get those machines back to their rightful owner...

Update please!

#126 5 years ago

We are all waiting to hear some good news but you have to realize things just don't happen all the quickly in the real world and waiting for the police. It could be months before anything is solved - if it ever happens. A few hundred dollars worth of pinball machines might be important to a few of us but to the police it isn't a big enough deal to even waste time on.

Sadly the real world is much different than it one was. Cops are busy looking for the armed robber, sex offenders, & murderers - they are not worried about a few hundred dollar break in.

#127 5 years ago

Probably the very best statement that could be made on the subject. The disappointment is just human nature.

#128 5 years ago
Quoted from RandomGuyOffCL:

3/4ths naked Greg anyone?

Best of Pinside Throwback!

Into the Maw of Despair is so quotable, I’m sad that when I try to share it with people outside of Pinside they just think it’s lame... nobody understands the rush of saving a pin from a nudist crackhead cult.

1 week later
#129 5 years ago

bump for update(s)

#130 5 years ago

Wow! What a coincidence. A brand new pinsider is selliing 2 new pins that he “inherited from his uncle”. I hope these aren’t the same missing pins

9364A7F9-CC43-4F03-AA89-363FD995BDEB (resized).png9364A7F9-CC43-4F03-AA89-363FD995BDEB (resized).pngE0759D24-6178-471F-BE24-087BE2053E1D (resized).pngE0759D24-6178-471F-BE24-087BE2053E1D (resized).png
981DE5C2-458B-41C9-AD55-1FDAC72539DA (resized).jpeg981DE5C2-458B-41C9-AD55-1FDAC72539DA (resized).jpeg

#131 5 years ago
Quoted from Coz:

Wow! What a coincidence. A brand new pinsider is selliing 2 new pins that his “uncle gave him”. I hope these aren’t the same missing pins
[quoted image][quoted image]

That's either a bad joke or one of the stupidest people on the planet. If he actually has the games it's pretty much a 100% chance this is them.

#132 5 years ago

Maybe this is someone who got them from the person who stole them, not knowing. Otherwise why would they post here? I hope someone is checking into these.

#133 5 years ago

bro your nephew in Oxnard has your pins

#134 5 years ago

I think its just a strange coincidence, looks like those games for sale are definitely used with alot of pf wear...

#135 5 years ago

Never used but with wear?

#136 5 years ago

Strange wording on these ads.

#137 5 years ago

Call the cops.

#138 5 years ago

Maybe it’s just a coincidence, but they just joined pinside and their only 2 pins are rated 10.0 and now are for sale.....

DDECBB78-E206-4DD9-A4D0-797F038272F7 (resized).pngDDECBB78-E206-4DD9-A4D0-797F038272F7 (resized).png

#139 5 years ago
Quoted from Ballypinball:

Never used but with wear?

Could've thrown old rubbers on the flippers and slings to throw people off the idea of them being stolen. Edit...didn't check all pictures, yeah worn.

#140 5 years ago

The posted pictures could have been taken from the internet and are not the actual NIB machines. Call Michelle Bianchi and see if NM and CC were recently shipped from NC to CA.

#141 5 years ago
Quoted from BallyPinWiz:

The posted pictures could have been taken from the internet and are not the actual NIB machines. Call Michelle Bianchi and see if NM and CC were recently shipped from NC to CA.

BallyPinWiz You're within a couple hours. What would it take for you to go have a look at them?

#142 5 years ago
Quoted from YeOldPinPlayer:

ballypinwiz You're within a couple hours. What would it take for you to go have a look at them?

I would be willing to go and inspect them.

#143 5 years ago

The odds of someone being THAT dumb are incredibly low, I'd suspect strongly that it's a troll account.

I'd ask mods if they could check the IP address of the new member and see if it matches any other member as an alternate account (if they have the ability).

#144 5 years ago
Quoted from mrmark0673:

The odds of someone being THAT dumb are incredibly low, I'd suspect strongly that it's a troll account.
I'd ask mods if they could check the IP address of the new member and see if it matches any other member as an alternate account (if they have the ability).

Screenshot_20180811-180223 (resized).pngScreenshot_20180811-180223 (resized).png
#145 5 years ago

I sent ForceFlow a heads up msg earlier today about all this after I read coz's post.
Could be a troll acct due to new Pinsider fredrok is so knowledgeable about Pinside such as donating, rating machines, etc.

#146 5 years ago
Quoted from Pinball-is-great:

I sent ForceFlow a heads up msg earlier today about all this after I read coz's post.
Could be a troll acct due to new Pinsider fredrok is so knowledgeable about Pinside such as donating, rating machines, etc.

So, is forceflow in charge of stuff like this?

#147 5 years ago
Quoted from MrBally:

So, is forceflow in charge of stuff like this?

I wouldn't word it like that exactly.
I would say that ForceFlow is a knowledgeable guy and good at sleuthing online type stuff.

All the moderators and Robin & Martijn can help out with online issues that can affect Pinside and/or Pinside users/members.

#148 5 years ago

I wouldn't word it like that exactly.
I would say that ForceFlow is a knowledgeable guy and good at sleuthing online type stuff.
All the moderators and Robin & Martijn can help out with online issues that can affect Pinside and/or Pinside users/members.

That's what I thought.

#149 5 years ago

Master Googler

#150 5 years ago

The Saratoga Pin/arcade show is this weekend, so don't expect a quick reply.

There are 208 posts in this topic. You are on page 3 of 5.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/4-nib-caribbean-cruise-night-moves-newton-north-carolina/page/3?hl=puffdanny and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.