(Topic ID: 221951)

4 NIB Pins in Newton NC Storage Auction 2 STOLEN Please Help Find Them!!

By RTR

5 years ago

Topic Heartbeat

Topic Stats

• 208 posts
  • 75 Pinsiders participating
  • Latest reply 2 years ago by PinRob
  • Topic is favorited by 19 Pinsiders

You

Linked Games

Topic Gallery

View topic image gallery

E2FB0E0D-7155-4072-88E4-8298AD3D9D64 (resized).jpeg
95760FC0-BA87-465A-A920-97B0AA883BCD (resized).jpeg
45406D50-ECAC-442A-9920-D96963129E2A (resized).jpeg
DB48E50A-FAAD-4E8D-8214-F92E363A7759 (resized).png
witch-burn_her (resized).png
canon04052018 003 (resized).JPG
canon04052018 001 (resized).JPG
e862d45ff80e10e92727495ce5d785b71962a4e0 (resized).jpg
4aca835713586e62a6672adb3577e62e2086b902 (resized).jpg
come-on-man_o_1094311 (resized).jpg
Screenshot_20180821-060138 (resized).png
Screenshot_20180820-150726 (resized).png
IMG_20180821_055201572_LL (resized).jpg
IMG_20180821_055227990 (resized).jpg
IMG_20180821_055216014_LL (resized).jpg
IMG_20180821_055156064 (resized).jpg
There are 208 posts in this topic. You are on page 1 of 5.
#1 5 years ago

Insomnia Special!!!

You have about 30 minutes left to bid on this storage auction. They look like NIB leftover stock. Looks like the instruction sheets are still on the play fields and they look unplayed. There are 2 Caribbean Cruises and one Night Moves. They were unable to open the 4th box.

I hope a pinsider gets them!

https://storageauctions.com/auction-unit/unit-details/14618

#2 5 years ago

Pretty cool... to bad its not some nib b/w pins lol.... if it was closer id bid and try to get them for my family members.

#3 5 years ago

Kind of a good news/bad news scenario, lol.

But scoring these for $1500-2000 would be decent for someone close. 34 pinsiders have them on their wish list.

#4 5 years ago

4 hours and 41 minutes left!!

#5 5 years ago

Less than 4 hours left bump.

#6 5 years ago

Looks like mice made a home in the one cocktail.

#7 5 years ago

I would like a cocktail pin for the house but it's a crap shoot on what you get... they do look nice on outside but yes.. could be ate up with mice inside.

#8 5 years ago

In the words of Les Gold.....

LG8hcp (resized).jpgLG8hcp (resized).jpg
#9 5 years ago

2 hours left bump for the sleepy heads!

You never know, the 4th box might have a Roy Clark in it!!

#10 5 years ago
Quoted from RTR:

I take it you know the person selling them. Why else would you keep bumping the thread?

#11 5 years ago
Quoted from RTR:

The 4th box could be the box for the one that is not in the box.

#12 5 years ago

Very cool. Wish Gameplan had had a chance to compete in the marketplace before the Bally mob shut em down

#13 5 years ago
Quoted from Brtlkat:

I take it you know the person selling them. Why else would you keep bumping the thread?

Relax man, I got no dog in this fight - it's a timed storage auction. Someone didn't pay their bill. If I was an hour or two away, I would bid on it. It's 7 hours from me.

Just alerting anyone who is interested and in the area. Probably not worth a long trip.

Cheers!

#14 5 years ago

It is all good, But I thought they could not go into the units, That are to be auctioned. Why could they open 2 of the boxs and not the thrid one? The bottom of the box is still under the one that is not boxed, I would say that so called box 4 is an empty box.

#15 5 years ago
Quoted from Brtlkat:

It is all good, But I thought they could not go into the units, That are to be auctioned. Why could they open 2 of the boxs and not the thrid one? The bottom of the box is still under the one that is not boxed, I would say that so called box 4 is an empty box.

I wondered about them going into the unit too. I think every state has their own laws regarding these sales. Maybe NC is different. I have bought a few units in TN and AL and they (or you, at live sales) are not allowed to touch or go into the unit.

#16 5 years ago

Just a little over an hour left bump....

30 year old NIB games (maybe)

#17 5 years ago

30 minutes left and the bid is at $1060. 15% buyers premium. Not sure about tax. I think I would take this up to $1400 - 1500 if I was closer.

#18 5 years ago

Good luck!! Looks like a good deal .

#19 5 years ago

6 minute bump. $1150 . 55 bids

#20 5 years ago

Time keeps extending!

#21 5 years ago

Finally closed at $1320. Good deal

#22 5 years ago

.....and sold for 1320

#23 5 years ago

That was a pretty good deal for someone as long as the 4th box was full and those 30 year old batteries didn't do too much damage. I hope a pinsider got them, I would like to hear the rest of the story!!

#24 5 years ago
Quoted from RTR:

I hope a pinsider got them, I would like to hear the rest of the story!!

Some yokal got em and will try to sell em for $4k a piece cause they "seen" a pin on Ebay for that much snd they know what they are worth.

Like this one in my "back yard"
ebay.com link: 0

0 feedback noob, I reached out to them about it but never heard back of course.
I too hope to see the pins from this auction here on PS soon.

#25 5 years ago
Quoted from Atari_Daze:

Some yokal got em and will try to sell em for $4k a piece cause they "seen" a pin on Ebay for that much snd they know what they are worth.
Like this one in my "back yard"
ebay.com link

0 feedback noob, I reached out to them about it but never heard back of course.
I too hope to see the pins from this auction here on PS soon.

Best part of the listing "Could use a couple new fuses".

#26 5 years ago

Wow, that's awesome! Rare machines, especially Carribean Cruise.

I would have been all over these if they had been located in Europe... the price they went for is a steal. Hopefully the mice didn't chew on all of the wiring inside.

I saved the auction pictures for reference.
Universal Storage Group_27 Of JulyAuction_Unit_14618_114273.jpgUniversal Storage Group_27 Of JulyAuction_Unit_14618_114273.jpg
Universal Storage Group_27 Of JulyAuction_Unit_14618_114275.jpgUniversal Storage Group_27 Of JulyAuction_Unit_14618_114275.jpg
Universal Storage Group_27 Of JulyAuction_Unit_14618_114276.jpgUniversal Storage Group_27 Of JulyAuction_Unit_14618_114276.jpg
Universal Storage Group_27 Of JulyAuction_Unit_14618_114277.jpgUniversal Storage Group_27 Of JulyAuction_Unit_14618_114277.jpg
Universal Storage Group_27 Of JulyAuction_Unit_14618_114278.jpgUniversal Storage Group_27 Of JulyAuction_Unit_14618_114278.jpg
Universal Storage Group_27 Of JulyAuction_Unit_14618_114280.jpgUniversal Storage Group_27 Of JulyAuction_Unit_14618_114280.jpg

#27 5 years ago

Universal Storage Group_27 Of JulyAuction_Unit_14618_114274.jpgUniversal Storage Group_27 Of JulyAuction_Unit_14618_114274.jpg
Universal Storage Group_27 Of JulyAuction_Unit_14618_114281.jpgUniversal Storage Group_27 Of JulyAuction_Unit_14618_114281.jpg

#28 5 years ago

I changed the title so it wouldn't look like they were still for sale.

Now, who got'em?

#29 5 years ago

Notice when taking the photo of the Night Moves in box (with marks on the targets), the broom is totally covered with cob webs, and the box to the right is covered with 29yrs of dust, but in the later photo, there is no dust on the box. Apparently they can go in the unit and give it a full cleaning before selling.

I guess that is a bonus, since we can clearly see through broom marks on the glass of the open CC, to see that the mice had a party.

#30 5 years ago

Looks more like someone was smart enough to put some old “used” ones in a big box
And called it NIB

Good deal

#31 5 years ago

See a whole conga line of them fresh off the dock in this rare video of the Gottlieb factory tour in 1990!

http://mediaburn.org/video/chicago-slices-raw-pinball-wizard/

880af489fd5190e8aadd6dd77ed89878208c76bf (resized).jpg880af489fd5190e8aadd6dd77ed89878208c76bf (resized).jpg
#32 5 years ago
Quoted from gmkalos:

See a whole conga line of them fresh off the dock in this rare video of the Gottlieb factory tour in 1990!
http://mediaburn.org/video/chicago-slices-raw-pinball-wizard/
[quoted image]

I wish we had vids like this for all the older pins...

#33 5 years ago
Quoted from mcluvin:

I wish we had vids like this for all the older pins...

Join my Facebook group I've got several years of researching vintage pinball videos and news segments all in one place!

https://www.facebook.com/groups/1529515124038768/

#34 5 years ago

I purchased these units. Last night the storage facility was broken into and the unboxed Caribbean Cruise and the Night Moves were stolen. So if they hit the market feel free to contact the Newton, NC Police department. For those guessing the closed box is a CC. The other CC shown in the rear was opened by the facility staff so they could post a picture of it. All documents and keys are included. FYI the crooks left the coin box for the CC when they loaded. Feel free to contact me if you have any questions, Jeffrey Curtiss

#36 5 years ago
Quoted from Cpt_roadkill:

I purchased these units. Last night the storage facility was broken into and the unboxed Caribbean Cruise and the Night Moves were stolen.

That sucks. Do you get your money back?

#37 5 years ago

Thanks for the Craigslist search link. I had paid for them yesterday afternoon so that the young manager wouldn't have the cash sitting on a Saturday in her drawer. I was afraid for her safety. So the loss was mine. I have good renters insurance with USAA so my loss will be covered. For those curious as to why the 4th box wasn't opened it was due to location and weight. The young Female manager couldn't move the units to get closer to open it. The box also indicated the contents. Not to mention that they are seriously dusty. For those that thought used machines. Nope brand new. They moved the facility cameras so they wouldn't be seen. Cut locks on 5 units not in the general area of mine. Also brought a battery operated grinder to cut through my disk lock. In their rush the hit a bib fence post and bent it back level with the ground. It made a mark on whatever they were driving. A Penske truck was seen at that location. They had my unit marked and were prepared to get the contents.

#38 5 years ago

Who tf would steal these?!?

While there is certainly very interesting conversation/hard-core collector/quirkiness value to those of us in this community, they have extremely questionable real monetary value to anyone outside of the community (let alone those within)...

My bet is an inside job and them not realizing they aren't worth nearly as much as they thought. Hard to believe there isn't security footage in a self storage place like that.

I'm sorry to hear this to the new, short-lived owner; I hate thieves and think they should be shot on site...

#39 5 years ago

Sorry to hear that. I was thinking the auction did not give the unit number, but you can see 909 in one photo. They should avoid that in the future.

#40 5 years ago

Why were they not picked up right after auction ended?

#41 5 years ago

The auction ended at 10am just before I had left to go get some other auction purchases. They had given me until Monday when I would have help to load the units. That is why they weren't picked up. Needless to say I am unloading my truck now so I can get the remaining two as they destroyed the lock system. As far as an inside job it had to have been somebody familiar with the lock systems as they only broke into units with the occupied colored locks on them. The other unit at auction was also broken into but nothing was stolen from it.

#42 5 years ago

Man, that absolutely stinks. I hope they find the people that did this! Moving the security cameras makes it sound like someone who knows the place pretty well.

Pinball people, if they were inclined to do this, would know that the community is pretty tight knit and those machines are going to stick out like a sore thumb when you try to unload them.

#43 5 years ago

I changed the title of the thread to help make people aware of the stolen machines - this is crazy.

#44 5 years ago

First place I would start is by looking at back bidders on this auction. Maybe "sour grapes" about not being high bidder? I don't know how you had to register to bid but if auction company or storage place has bidder list I would suggest police check back bidders just in case. If one of those people is "fairly local" they might get this resolved very quickly.

#46 5 years ago

That sucks...

.. and all those that think the thieves were some type of pinball aficionado's... I highly doubt it. My guess is it's some crack heads. They'll trade the pins for crack... and the pins will end up in a crack house for the next several years.

#47 5 years ago

This reeks of inside job.

#48 5 years ago

Pinball & the Mob.

#49 5 years ago

These will stick out like a sore thumb. Too hot to handle! Certainly not worth the felony rap. If they were smart(which we kno they’re not) they’ll realize they ain’t worth it and dump them in a field someplace. Morons.

#50 5 years ago

Thanks for all of the help and interest. They were prepared when they came and nothing was stolen from the other lockers that were broken into. I am with most of you as to why anybody would go through all of that to steal the two machines. I know the Police are looking into the back bidder along with the entire bidding history. Needless to say the remaining two are in my possession and secured. Again thanks to everybody that is keeping an eye out for them.
Jeffrey "Captain Roadkill" Curtiss (Old
Army Name)

There are 208 posts in this topic. You are on page 1 of 5.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/4-nib-caribbean-cruise-night-moves-newton-north-carolina/page/1 and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.