Topic Stats

• 5 posts
  • 3 Pinsiders participating
  • Latest reply 4 years ago by gilles89
  • Topic is favorited by 1 Pinsider

You

Linked Games

#1 4 years ago

I am working through a 4 MYBC I bought a couple of years ago and just now getting to shopping it. I have all features working with the exception of the zipper flippers closing. When I manually close them the 100 relay in the backbox energizes and stays energized. If I isolate the contact on the zipper stack under the playfield you can play the game without them trying to move. By isolating the switch on the zipper flipper stack I can play the game. If I move the switch and relay in the cabinet base for the zipper flippers to close, it locks in and energizes the 100 scoring reel and will not de energize. This also happens on all 4 players. The bell mounted to the side of the backbox also is energized and stays energized. I don't have a schematic and I am also schematic handicapped but am learning. Any help would be appreciated.

#2 4 years ago

The close flippers target relay is remaining energized after the flippers close. Check that the close flippers solenoid end of stroke switch is opening when the flippers close.

#3 4 years ago

hi
you can get schemaic on ipdb
gilles

#4 4 years ago

Thanks everyone for the suggestions. I had replaced all fuses in the cabinet but didnt realize there was one just for the zipper flippers. Blow fuse, I wish all repairs were that easy.

#5 4 years ago

hi
it could be usefull to adjust mechanism for zipper
you find it in page 5 on dogies manual, also on ipdp.
the coil is difficult to obtain
gilles

Promoted items from the Pinside Marketplace
Cabinet - Other
The Pinball Scientist
Other
Playfield - Protection
The Pinball Scientist
Protection
$ 22.50
Magazines/books
Pinball Magazine
Magazines/books
$ 12.00
Tools
Nezzy's Pinball Prints
Tools
Playfield - Other
Rocket City Pinball
Other
2,200 (OBO)
Machine - For Sale
Branford, CT

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/4-million-years-bc and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.