Topic Heartbeat

Topic Stats

• 32 posts
  • 18 Pinsiders participating
  • Latest reply 5 years ago by Axaios
  • Topic is favorited by 1 Pinsider

You

Linked Games

No games have been linked to this topic.

Topic Gallery

View topic image gallery

DSCF3871 (resized).JPG
    00E0E_d2WVZ6cO0WK_1200x900 (resized).jpg
    00E0E_evteZpzPLZs_1200x900 (resized).jpg
    00v0v_2WjbfHK2BZi_600x450 (resized).jpg
    00D0D_9VnvrBlvA7j_600x450 (resized).jpg
    00p0p_iSpouJbCQqx_600x450 (resized).jpg
    00d0d_96LER3cGNEE_1200x900 (resized).jpg
    #1 5 years ago

Hi,
    I am looking at a 4MBC game to buy and wanted to know what the value of one of theses machines are.
    It is complete but not working, the owner said it worked before he moved it. The back glass and plastics are in great shape and the play field and cabinet show wear. Any idea what a fair price would be?

Thank you all.

00D0D_9VnvrBlvA7j_600x450 (resized).jpg00D0D_9VnvrBlvA7j_600x450 (resized).jpg00d0d_96LER3cGNEE_1200x900 (resized).jpg00d0d_96LER3cGNEE_1200x900 (resized).jpg00p0p_iSpouJbCQqx_600x450 (resized).jpg00p0p_iSpouJbCQqx_600x450 (resized).jpg00v0v_2WjbfHK2BZi_600x450 (resized).jpg00v0v_2WjbfHK2BZi_600x450 (resized).jpg
    #2 5 years ago

GAp just listed one at $1200, not sure what condition.

#3 5 years ago

Roughly $700 - $1100 in the Chicago area

#4 5 years ago

Was offered $1200 for mine, non working and in about the same shape as yours.

John

#5 5 years ago

I would say about $1000 is about right

#6 5 years ago

The one thing I did notice is that the coin door only has one slot, I have seen original flyers with 3 slots and other machines with 2.
    Should this be a problem or could it be original to this machine.

00E0E_d2WVZ6cO0WK_1200x900 (resized).jpg00E0E_d2WVZ6cO0WK_1200x900 (resized).jpg00E0E_evteZpzPLZs_1200x900 (resized).jpg00E0E_evteZpzPLZs_1200x900 (resized).jpg
    #7 5 years ago

You have the cool coin door.

#8 5 years ago

Besides from the number of slots it looks just like mine.

#9 5 years ago

Could that be the original door or has it been changed, this will be my first Pinball Machine

#10 5 years ago
    Quoted from PhCor6:

Could that be the original door or has it been changed, this will be my first Pinball Machine

Probably original. Lots of games, especially exports to Europe, had only one slot. It's possible this was just reimported or something

#11 5 years ago
    Quoted from PhCor6:

Back in the day pinball machines were like buying a new car. You could start with a "base machine" then add features like the second & third coin slot for additional cost. So a single slot coin door would just have been a slightly cheaper machine than one with two coin slots. It looks kind of odd since most machines have at least two but not all of them.

#12 5 years ago

It's all depend of how much it will cost you to make it work again. My opinion, never pay more than 700$ for a not working machine especially when you don't know what is wrong with it.
    Try to find a technician and visit the owner together. He will be able to tell you what will cost you to fixed it up. As a total you should not pay more than 1500$ buying it plus restoration.

#13 5 years ago

I paid $2k for mine. Home use only one owner game though.

#14 5 years ago

I gave $1200 for mine five years ago working 100% with a lot less wear on the playfield. I would think $1000 max with it being english and not german.

#15 5 years ago

Non-working, and that beat up cabinet probably $900 - $1000 minimum. After that its how much you want it

#16 5 years ago
    Quoted from PhCor6:

The one thing I did notice is that the coin door only has one slot, I have seen original flyers with 3 slots and other machines with 2.
    Should this be a problem or could it be original to this machine.

We are not alone!

DSCF3871 (resized).JPGDSCF3871 (resized).JPG

#17 5 years ago

I can get it for $600

#18 5 years ago
    Quoted from PhCor6:

I can get it for $600

That's a "buy it now" price for sure, these days..

#19 5 years ago
    Quoted from PhCor6:

I can get it for $600

Take it

#20 5 years ago
    Quoted from PhCor6:

I can get it for $600

I paid $550 for mine in similar nice cosmetic and working condition
    some 17 yrs ago. And I thought that was a bargain then.

#21 5 years ago

For $600 it's a no brainer nowadays.

#22 5 years ago

Paid $500 for mine earlier this year.

John

#23 5 years ago

Run, don't walk.

#24 5 years ago

Get 2 at that price!

#25 5 years ago

I am on pins and needles over here. Did you get it?

#26 5 years ago

All that being said ($600 is a very good Price for 4MilBC)
    It is not that great of a playing game, long term.
    For me, it is very interesting looking machine with unique layout and
    a special one of kind skill shot, but overall
    I tend to lose interest in playing it after a few games.
    If I was limited to only one EM pin, this would not be my game of choice.

I would still say go get it, but start looking for another pin to balance it out.

#27 5 years ago

Did you get it?

#28 5 years ago

Bought it, Thanks for all the replies, It made my decision easy. I will start working on getting it to play. The machine is a lot cleaner than I thought and has not been messed with.

I did notice a solenoid mounted on the right side just behind the cash box door that has been disconnected (looks like 2 wires), any idea what this is.

Thanks again

#29 5 years ago

pics ? I'm guessing the "knocker" on the cabinet wall. I don't think those coin doors has "coin lockout" coils

If a knocker there should be a 2 prong Jones plug wired to it

#30 5 years ago
    Quoted from PhCor6:

Bought it, Thanks for all the replies, It made my decision easy. I will start working on getting it to play. The machine is a lot cleaner than I thought and has not been messed with.
    I did notice a solenoid mounted on the right side just behind the cash box door that has been disconnected (looks like 2 wires), any idea what this is.
    Thanks again

Not 100% sure, but a lot of EMs have a solenoid on the door used as locking mechanism when the game is turned on. Usually these are disconnected because the coil stays on all the time and will buzz and get hot. There’s no real use for them at home

#31 5 years ago
    Quoted from PhCor6:

Bought it, Thanks for all the replies, It made my decision easy. I will start working on getting it to play.
    Thanks again

Congratulations. It's a really nice looking machine.

5 months later
    #32 5 years ago
    Quoted from PhCor6:

Thanks again

Hello
    This thread came to my mind today. So what happened? Did you got it work?

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/4-million-bc-game-value and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.