• Topic is favorited by 2 Pinsiders

You

Linked Games

Topic Gallery

View topic image gallery

41377028_806081049562115_5764187359268569088_n (resized).jpg
41279365_2231866230426811_813791415195664384_n (resized).jpg
41126660_315262489231701_2072591624654815232_n (resized).jpg

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider rufessor.
Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

#4 5 years ago

The only path I would consider would be to strip it, carefully clean it where you can. Be very careful. Then shoot it with clear, and scuff it with 600 grit to take any grit or dust or whatever off, do it again and build until level. Or right after firstcoat go into a restoration mode and fix things. I done see any other way. Mylar is a poor solution and only guarantees all the art is lost/removed some day when the Mylar is pulled. If you don’t have a spray set up there is a long thread-Club discussing the use of a rattle can solution for 2PAC. Kinda depends on perceived value and interest on your end in terms of is it worth the effort. But It does look super rough and likely to get worse fast with play.

#7 5 years ago

side rails are almost always stapled and screwed in from this era... should not be a major issue to deal with, either very carefully cut a strip out so they lay in it or covert to screws only and bail on the staples.

The protector is a reasonable idea that may work well. I don't think anyone has ever suggested that they move much if at all, so I doubt it would be an issue in terms of future damage. Should greatly preserve the PF.

Promoted items from Pinside Marketplace and Pinside Shops!
Playfield - Other
Rocket City Pinball

2,200 (OBO)
Machine - For Sale
Branford, CT

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider rufessor.
Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/4-million-bc-flaking-playfield?tu=rufessor and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.