Linked Games

#1 2 years ago

Hello forum-goers!

I have 4 pinball machines:

Gorgar

Grand Lizard

Elvira and the Party Monsters

Black Knight

I acknowledge that there is no real way to determine this by forum, but what would be a fair asking price for them? They are body-wise in good condition. Some scuffs consistent with their age. Glass is clear and unscratched and the backboards / game table parts are intact. Each are in what I would consider "near-working condition". For example one needs the left flipper to be repaired.

I had considered trying to restore them myself (I got all the repair parts with the machines), but that is realistically not going to happen. If I was to list them for sale as-is do any of you have an opinion of what would be a fair number to ask / take? I can look up numbers for restored units on Ebay, but Im not sure how much down from that number is a fair asking price.

I really appreciate any help!

Paul

#2 2 years ago

Really tough to tell without a more detailed description and pictures....

But if I saw a description like that for the machines on Craigslist, I'd be put off by the "near-working" part since that could mean anything from a few bulbs out to major board work. With that variable thrown out there, it's going to be on the low side..

Gorgar, $500
Grand Lizard, $500
EATPM, $1000
BK, $750-ish

But, and I can't stress this enough, there really isn't enough here to put a firm number on them.

#3 2 years ago

Non-working, no pictures, no location = anywhere from zero to a lot. Look up each game in the GAMES section and you'll see an estimated value that will give you a starting point.

#4 2 years ago
Quoted from Valharu:

Hello forum-goers!
I have 4 pinball machines:
Gorgar
Grand Lizard
Elvira and the Party Monsters
Black Knight
I acknowledge that there is no real way to determine this by forum, but what would be a fair asking price for them? They are body-wise in good condition. Some scuffs consistent with their age. Glass is clear and unscratched and the backboards / game table parts are intact. Each are in what I would consider "near-working condition". For example one needs the left flipper to be repaired.
I had considered trying to restore them myself (I got all the repair parts with the machines), but that is realistically not going to happen. If I was to list them for sale as-is do any of you have an opinion of what would be a fair number to ask / take? I can look up numbers for restored units on Ebay, but Im not sure how much down from that number is a fair asking price.
I really appreciate any help!
Paul

Where are you located? Are you willing to ship? Both of these questions will help determine a fair market value.

Assuming average condition for its age, and no severe playfield or backglass wear, I would price them as follows:

Gorgar $400-$600
Grand Lizard $600-800
Elvira And Party Monsters - $1,000 - 1,200
Black Knight - $500-700

Personally, I could see spending $2,500 for all four games. But other opinions may vary.

These prices are just rough estimates. The actual game condition will influence price greatly.

Without seeing pictures or more detailed description of condition, it's hard to give an accurate fair market quote.

My advice is to get verified and then post individual ads for each machine. Group buyers tend to expect a discount when buying in bulk.

Good luck

Marcus

#5 2 years ago

Where are you located? If you are close, I will take EATPM and Grand Lizard at a fair price.

#6 2 years ago
Quoted from NJGecko:

Really tough to tell without a more detailed description and pictures....
But if I saw a description like that for the machines on Craigslist, I'd be put off by the "near-working" part since that could mean anything from a few bulbs out to major board work. With that variable thrown out there, it's going to be on the low side..
Gorgar, $500
Grand Lizard, $500
EATPM, $1000
BK, $750-ish
But, and I can't stress this enough, there really isn't enough here to put a firm number on them.

For project games in an unknown state, no photos, and in an unknown location, I'd probably only go half of those prices.

#7 2 years ago

Where R U located?

#8 2 years ago

Thanks for the replies. Much quicker than I expected.

I live in Austin, Texas.

More specific information is difficult as I do not have the knowledge to assess their problems. Kind of a long story, but a lady from our church was getting a divorce and needed money and them gone, so I helped her out and now my garage is full of machines. So, the level of work needed is not something I can comment on. I can get as far as no visual defects other than some scuffing on the outside and they turn on / light up. The balls were taken out so I am unable to test them. My apologies.

I have someone local coming over that repairs them and is willing to buy them, but without any knowledge of what a fair price is I had no where to start. Anything I can get above what I paid I will just give to her, but I hated to get taken or ask too much.

I very, very much appreciate your help!

Paul

#9 2 years ago

Get on the Bat City pinball group on Facebook, you'll find a bunch of locals who will be willing to help. PM me if you have questions.

#10 2 years ago

Bat City....ill check that out! Great tip, Many thanks!

#11 2 years ago
Quoted from YeOldPinPlayer:

Get on the Bat City pinball group on Facebook, you'll find a bunch of locals who will be willing to help. PM me if you have questions.

You can also list them on the DFW Pinball, Arcade & Coin Op Facebook page. Plenty of Austin collectors monitor the page.

And maybe even a few Dallas or Houston guys would travel to Austin to secure a game or two.

https://www.facebook.com/groups/173543789466215/752606818226573

Marcus

#12 2 years ago

Go take some pictures and post them

#13 2 years ago

And Darin buys them in 3......2........

#14 2 years ago

Bring them to WI. I will pay $3000.

#15 2 years ago
Quoted from Valharu:

I have someone local coming over that repairs them and is willing to buy them, but without any knowledge of what a fair price is I had no where to start. Anything I can get above what I paid I will just give to her, but I hated to get taken or ask too much.

There is a 99% chance this person is going to come over, point out every flaw in the machines (real and perceived) and tell you they are worth $100 each. Seller beware.

Put them on eBay for a 1 cent starting price, no reserve, and let the open market decide their worth. You will get more than "some local guy that repairs them (and then flips them)"

#16 2 years ago

I appreciate all the help and advice! Several of you have sent direct messages, but I am apparently unable to reply for 24 hours as I am new to your forum. I will be able to get replies out this afternoon after my 'probation' ends.

I very much appreciate all the help!

#17 2 years ago
Quoted from BallyPinWiz:

There is a 99% chance this person is going to come over, point out every flaw in the machines (real and perceived) and tell you they are worth $100 each. Seller beware.
Put them on eBay for a 1 cent starting price, no reserve, and let the open market decide their worth. You will get more than "some local guy that repairs them (and then flips them)"

yep, without a knowledge of a machines worth in your case, you are open to quick, low ball cash sales... and invariably will be fixed and flipped for a much higher figure.... so be careful... come back here with any doubts or questions u have..

#18 2 years ago
Quoted from BallyPinWiz:

Actually it's me that is going to take a look at the games so I can assure you that is not the case.

Quoted from ledge:

you are open to quick, low ball cash sales... and invariably will be fixed and flipped for a much higher figure.... so be careful

Not going to happen. These games will be staying in my collection if all of this works out. Gorgar is going to a close friend. Others can vouch for me not being a "flipper". Although I agree that it sucks when these opportunities fall into the wrong hands. Not the case here.

#19 2 years ago

Enjoy! ...some nice stuff there....

#20 2 years ago
Quoted from mab487:

Actually it's me that is going to take a look at the games so I can assure you that is not the case.

Not going to happen. These games will be staying in my collection if all of this works out. Gorgar is going to a close friend. Others can vouch for me not being a "flipper". Although I agree that it sucks when these opportunities fall into the wrong hands. Not the case here.

Sorry, but how are your hands different from anyone else's? You will fix them up, play them and eventually sell them for a profit. Everyone on here does it and there is nothing wrong with it.

#21 2 years ago

The sharks are circling...
Sure I'll take the Elvira...
Wish you were local.
There's no hurry, do your research. See how they look and play and what needs fixing. Check the pinside archives for pricing. There really is no hurry.
The group here is trying to buy your Monet or Goya or Dali from estate sale, rather than send it Christie's for proper appraisal and catalog bidding.
FYI, I've done art auctions for years and authentic for several auction houses. I see this all the time when somebody dies and family is left with 5 paintings on the wall with no idea what to do.
Pinball and art are very similar, except no pinside for art.

#22 2 years ago

If you make money on them, you feel good.

Meet with buyers and if you feel it's right, don't look back.

$500 or $3000: Next year it isn't going to matter. Move forward

#23 2 years ago

Elvira is worth $2k as it sits right now probably and black knight probably $1k, other two not too much. I would think that $3.7k to $4k would be close if they are all working and don't have major playfield wear.

#24 2 years ago

Hey, if Mab makes a good offer and you can unload everything in one shot...go for it. You and her making a little money...nothing wrong with it. Make it easy on yourself.

#25 2 years ago

valharu Just wanted to say that mab487 is one of the nicest and most upstanding local player/owners I know and I'd definitely trust him to give you a fair deal, I personally wouldn't have any reservations dealing with him.

There's been an annual April Fools Twilight Zone tournament at the Parlor in Hyde Park here in Austin for over a decade, but the machine that's been on location there in the past was moved prior to the 13th annual event in 2016. Mab ended up volunteering to bring in his own personal TZ to the bar for one evening so the tradition could continue. All on super short notice. The whole scenario was kind of ridiculous and he's awesome to have stepped up. Super great guy and one of the few I'd personally want to sell to or buy games from locally.

#26 2 years ago
Quoted from spfxted:

Hey, if Mab makes a good offer and you can unload everything in one shot...go for it. You and her making a little money...nothing wrong with it. Make it easy on yourself.

+1 on that. If you don't, you'll have 85 people stopping by and that will be a much bigger hassle. The condition is key, as everyone else has said. A nice Gorgar can go for much more than $500...as can an EATPM. I would keep the prices reasonable if Mab helps you out, because again, that would just be easier and your garage is cleared out in one simple shot. There are just certain things to look for, and he sounds like he'll give you a fair assessment of the games.

And a Depeche Mode sticker is much better than a Dallas Cowboys sticker....

#27 2 years ago
Quoted from taylor34:

Elvira is worth $2k as it sits right now probably and black knight probably $1k, other two not too much. I would think that $3.7k to $4k would be close if they are all working and don't have major playfield wear.

2k for an non-working, unshopped elvira, that you haven't seen pics of?

I have a bridge to sell you sir.

#28 2 years ago
Quoted from dung:

2k for an non-working, unshopped elvira, that you haven't seen pics of?
I have a bridge to sell you sir.

It's working, he mentioned that at the top. Working at least eliminates costly board repairs, displays, etc. Where are you going to find a working elvira cheaper? Please point me to it. Cheapest one on pinside in the last year was like $2400. If you have one for 2k I'll take it if it doesn't have major playfield wear (as I mentioned).

#29 2 years ago

this kind of post will always bring out the vultures....dont rush to sell. take your time and do some research

#30 2 years ago
Quoted from Xerico:

Elvira And Party Monsters - $1,000 - 1,200

Man, this is low if the games work and the cabinets aren't falling apart. I have 10K ready to buy 8 EATPM's.

Honestly, you could sell 100 of them in 10 minutes at 1200. I sold one for 1700 like 6 years ago. Times have changed. 1200 is an absolute beater price for one of the best system 11's these days. Diner, EATPM, Whirlwind, MAround, and the like.

This one has some hideous hand wear but it's still worth 2K all day long-- > https://pinside.com/pinball/market/classifieds/ad/42308

I'd say Grand Lizard is more like the 1200 game here, if it plays with minor wear. Hell, the working system11nothing MPU is worth $300-400.

#31 2 years ago

The real jewel in this collection of pins is the EAPTM. $1000-1200 is the LOW estimate. Especially with CPR releasing this playfield and backglasses or translites available. This pin could be turned into a showpiece. TAYLOR34 is spot on with appraisal as described. I would place the starting point at $1500; condition will dictate more $.

1 month later
#32 2 years ago

Update: All four games were picked up this weekend by a group of four DFW collectors on Sunday. We each claimed one machine.

We paid $2,500 for the group purchase.

Black Knight - Boots up. Has battery acid damage on board. Will require some clean up. The head bolt had to be cut with grinder because previous owner used wrong size bolt. Expect that this one will be cleaned up, fixed and then resold.

Elvira & Party Monsters - Boots. Has an issue with battery pack (Adjustment failure error message) and F4 on Aux board. Fuse blows after 3-4 coil firings from VUK, Drop Targets and slings. Cosmetically looks good. This one came home with me. Hope to keep it for a while.

Grand Lizard - Boots up. Plays. Only real issue is that battery leak ruined the battery holder. But the board seems to be okay. Looks really good. Expected to remain in the collection for a while.

Gorgar - Neck broke during transit. Still not on its feet. Will be sold at a charity event in 2018 as a raffle item.

Marcus

Promoted items from the Pinside Marketplace
£ 75.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
PinballToys
$ 10.00
Cabinet - Sound/Speakers
Gweem's Mods
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
CzTV Mods
$ 20.00
Electronics
Yorktown Parts and Equip
Wanted
Machine - Wanted
Mesa, AZ
$ 18.99
Eproms
Matt's Basement Arcade
$ 45.00
Cabinet - Other
Rock Custom Pinball
Wanted
Machine - Wanted
Gap, PA
Cabinet - Other
Rock Custom Pinball
$ 75.95
Cabinet - Shooter Rods
Super Skill Shot Shop
$ 79.95
Cabinet - Shooter Rods
Super Skill Shot Shop
$ 27.99
Eproms
Matt's Basement Arcade
€ 3.70
2,700 (OBO)
Machine - For Sale
Orlando, FL
$ 117.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
The MOD Couple
$ 76.95
Cabinet - Shooter Rods
Super Skill Shot Shop
$ 55.00
Gameroom - Decorations
Pinball Photos
$ 22.00
$ 18.99
$ 25.00
Gameroom - Decorations
Pinball Photos
Cabinet - Other
Rock Custom Pinball
$ 15.00
Electronics
Yorktown Parts and Equip
3,800 (Firm)
Machine - For Sale
Luling, LA

Hey there! Got a moment?

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run thanks to donations from our visitors? Please donate to Pinside, support the site and get anext to your username to show for it! Donate to Pinside