image_(resized).jpg
image_(resized).jpeg
image_(resized).jpg
image_(resized).jpeg
image_(resized).jpeg
image_(resized).png
ad11f668b336ad3fe1b1c9cc83f96b85ba88a55c_(resized).jpg
hqdefault_(resized).jpg
There are 418 posts in this topic. You are on page 3 of 9.
#101 8 years ago

Post some pics of your favorite artwork

WhereWhere
Is MyIs My
EffingEffing
Spiderman?Spiderman?

#102 8 years ago

got-houseLanister-1_(resized).jpggot-houseLanister-1_(resized).jpg

#103 8 years ago
Quoted from labnip:

got-houseLanister-1_(resized).jpg

It's breathtaking

#104 8 years ago

i often get that feedback
now if only the ladies would say it too...

#105 8 years ago

Ranking my order, as of right now, the games that get my adrenaline pumping the most
1-TWD
2-GoT
3-Met
4-TRON

I want TRON to be higher but holy crap it's an ass kicker....

4Horse4Life

Bad ass kittyBad ass kitty

#106 8 years ago

That looks like a good ass-kicking IPA, as well. Love to try some!

#107 8 years ago

I think you should commission Zombie Yeti or Dirty Donny to do a 4 horsemen drawing, then get it tattooed

#108 8 years ago
Quoted from centerflank:

Ranking my order, as of right now, the games that get my adrenaline pumping the most
1-TWD
2-GoT
3-Met
4-TRON
4Horse4Life
Bad ass kitty

A 6'er of Fantasy Factory and the 4 Horseman Is an unbeatable combo! That has been my go-to beer lately along with Karben 4 Silk Scorpian. Killer new line-up you have there Flanker!

Silk_Scorpion_(resized).jpgSilk_Scorpion_(resized).jpg

#109 8 years ago
Quoted from centerflank:

4-TRON

I've owned my Tron for more than 4 years now. The honeymoon is long over. I also don't rank it at the top of my collection anymore, but I still absolutely love the game. Every time I play it I know why it's a keeper. It just has a wonderful combination of speed, flow, brutality, reward, and fun. Sometimes it feels unfair, and other times the shots just sing. I know some people think Tron gets too much hype, but the game has the ability to make shots matter. How much does the pressure increase as you go? As you start getting through SOS how much more pressure is on every single shot as the insert tree lights up. Is this the game you get back to Portal? And then the game denies your request and forces you to try again. Simple and exquisite.

#110 8 years ago
Quoted from DaveH:

I've owned my Tron for more than 4 years now. The honeymoon is long over. I also don't rank it at the top of my collection anymore, but I still absolutely love the game. Every time I play it I know why it's a keeper. It just has a wonderful combination of speed, flow, brutality, reward, and fun. Sometimes it feels unfair, and other times the shots just sing. I know some people think Tron gets too much hype, but the game has the ability to make shots matter. How much does the pressure increase as you go? As you start getting through SOS how much more pressure is on every single shot as the insert tree lights up. Is this the game you get back to Portal? And then the game denies your request and forces you to try again. Simple and exquisite.

Totally agree. Whenever I am at a buddy's place that has tron, I put a lot of games on it. So great getting those EOL jackpots way up too. Also just found out about the bank shot off the TRON targets into gem. That is awesome!

#111 8 years ago
Quoted from ViolinSteve:

That looks like a good ass-kicking IPA, as well. Love to try some!

Its really good if one is into IPA's, I personally enjoy them but I can only have 1 or 2 then I've had enough.

Quoted from Erik:

I think you should commission Zombie Yeti or Dirty Donny to do a 4 horsemen drawing, then get it tattooed

We will bring that up at the Inaugural Club meeting this summer

Quoted from MikeS:

A 6'er of Fantasy Factory and the 4 Horseman Is an unbeatable combo! That has been my go-to beer lately along with Karben 4 Silk Scorpian. Killer new line-up you have there Flanker!

Silk_Scorpion_(resized).jpg

Thanks! Definitely be looking for some Silk Scorpion at the liquor store next time Im there.

Quoted from DaveH:

That pretty much sums it up, Its legacy shall forever remain, hitting portal definitely breaths back intense joy, probably some jumping around and Hi 5's to whomever is in the gameroom...

Quoted from chuckwurt:

Totally agree. Whenever I am at a buddy's place that has tron, I put a lot of games on it. So great getting those EOL jackpots way up too. Also just found out about the bank shot off the TRON targets into gem. That is awesome!

Don't forget, double tapping Gem off the plunge is the most satisfying shot you can get on TRON

#112 8 years ago

Don't forget, double tapping Gem off the plunge is the most satisfying shot you can get on TRON

Yes sir. Absolutely.

Also, the Ram is in da house!!

image_(resized).jpegimage_(resized).jpeg

#113 8 years ago
Quoted from chuckwurt:

Also, the Ram is in da house!!

That does look nice, someday man, someday

Ive been tinkering starting off with diff House modes on GOT but Martell seems the best for me getting the Add a ball, lots of variety but reminds me of AC/DC where after owning so long I found myself only playing Hells Bells all the time to get the Bell scoring going crazy.....

#114 8 years ago
Quoted from centerflank:

Ive been tinkering starting off with diff House modes on GOT but Martell seems the best for me getting the Add a ball, lots of variety but reminds me of AC/DC where after owning so long I found myself only playing Hells Bells all the time to get the Bell scoring going crazy.....

Try greyjoy and play the Martell house battle first. If you can beat that house you get the add a ball power.

#115 8 years ago
Quoted from centerflank:

Do you miss your LUCI much Corey? I loved the game but grew a bit fatigued by always going for Hell's Bells as well. I know there are supposedly some other lucrative strategies but never being an owner I stuck to what was tried and true and didn't venture out of Hell's Bells all the time strategy. I think some of the more recent games like TWD and GOT have more interesting and engrossing software. Kind of lowered my opinion of ACDC from being one of the Greatest of all time and a game I was determined to own to just a really good game with a great but fairly one dimensional (song jackpot) risk/reward rule-set. We are getting spoiled with all the great new Stern games and the shift to hand drawn artwork!

#116 8 years ago
Quoted from MikeS:

I think some of the more recent games like TWD and GOT have more interesting and engrossing software. Kind of lowered my opinion of ACDC from being one of the Greatest of all time and a game I was determined to own to just a really good game with a great but fairly one dimensional (song jackpot) risk/reward rule-set.

I'll never understand why it got as much crazy love as it did...every game listed here is better than ACDC by a good margin.

#117 8 years ago
Quoted from TheLaw:

I'll never understand why it got as much crazy love as it did...every game listed here is better than SCDC by a good margin.

I just think the sheer depth of that game is pretty awesome. All those hidden song jackpots are really cool and getting a massive jackpot shot is one of the most rewarding things in pinball. I do like the 4 horsemen better though. Duh.

#118 8 years ago
Quoted from TheLaw:

I'll never understand why it got as much crazy love as it did...every game listed here is better than SCDC by a good margin.

AC/DC got the love because once you understood the rules, it was always fun to play. I hated the art, wasn't a fan of the generic layout, but while playing it, the game had buckets of fun going on. The rules changing with the songs, and I always felt the songs linked up well with the shots. If it had one downside, it was that once you got locked into a strategy for points, the rest of the game got ignored. Some work to even that out in code could have gone a long way.

#119 8 years ago
Quoted from DaveH:

If it had one downside, it was that once you got locked into a strategy for points, the rest of the game got ignored. Some work to even that out in code could have gone a long way.

And that's sort of a big issue.

#120 8 years ago
Quoted from MikeS:

Do you miss your LUCI much Corey? I loved the game but grew a bit fatigued by always going for Hell's Bells as well. I know there are supposedly some other lucrative strategies but never being an owner I stuck to what was tried and true and didn't venture out of Hell's Bells all the time strategy. I think some of the more recent games like TWD and GOT have more interesting and engrossing software. Kind of lowered my opinion of ACDC from being one of the Greatest of all time and a game I was determined to own to just a really good game with a great but fairly one dimensional (song jackpot) risk/reward rule-set. We are getting spoiled with all the great new Stern games and the shift to hand drawn artwork!

I don't miss it, just the sweet pin gulps I had for it, I would buy another though if the mood strikes me someday.....I dunno....Id probably go for a GB premium next if the games turns out awesome. TWD just really captivates me right now with all the multi ball modes, just feels so frenzied and awesome killing zombies.

If Aerosmith is next, thats cool, I wouldn't buy one so Id save some $ that way. GB premiums should be available NIB for what 2+ years so the code can mature up. Wonder whats after those 2 titles.....Star Wars maybe? I still want a custom Die Hard, maybe retheme something...

Quoted from TheLaw:

What is SCDC?

#122 8 years ago

You must wear your sweet pinball gloves while you peruse pinside.

#123 8 years ago
Quoted from centerflank:

You must wear your sweet pinball gloves while you peruse pinside.

No my pinball gloves are at home...well there is a back up set in the car.
I wear my typing gloves when on Pinside, true they are the same, but they have diff'rent functions. There's all over the house in diff'rent areas.

#124 8 years ago
Quoted from centerflank:

TWD just really captivates me right now with all the multi ball modes, just feels so frenzied and awesome killing zombies.

are you still liking the Premium over the Pro? I am still trying to decide which version to eventually buy but have not had enough time on the Premium to really know. I think general idea was that the bicycle girl ramp in the prem kills the shot but the walker bombs make up for it?

What do you think now that you have had it for a while?

#125 8 years ago
Quoted from centerflank:

I don't miss it, just the sweet pin gulps I had for it, I would buy another though if the mood strikes me someday.....I dunno....Id probably go for a GB premium next if the games turns out awesome. TWD just really captivates me right now with all the multi ball modes, just feels so frenzied and awesome killing zombies.
If Aerosmith is next, thats cool, I wouldn't buy one so Id save some $ that way. GB premiums should be available NIB for what 2+ years so the code can mature up. Wonder whats after that

I'm with you on ACDC. If the right deal came along I'd get one but other recent titles have surpassed it in my mind. I think TWD might be my favorite Stern game now. The rule-set is perfect and the theme just brings you in. I'm fortunate to have a Pro on route near work that I play more than any of my home machines. Probably made Horde over a dozen times now and just love the intensity! Someday I will pick one up for home. Planning to get a GB Pro sometime this summer and probably another Stern Pro like GOT or Met. Can't spend the big money on Premium games as we are expecting a baby any day now and we will be single income family for a few months.

#126 8 years ago
Quoted from centerflank:

1-TWD
2-GoT
3-Met
4-TRON
4Horse4Life
Bad ass kitty

heart-attack-1.gifheart-attack-1.gif

#127 8 years ago
Quoted from labnip:

heart-attack-1.gif

Don't panick, Labnip......TRON is still in his top 4, and nowhere near " the new kid on the block"....not saying the new ones will stale over time ( well maybe they might), but TRON has an "x" factor that simply can't be ignored.

Brutal, unforgiving, and pure frustration at times, but when you get a great game in, is what it is.....stood the test of time, and still stands as a highly sought after title, with an incredible base of owners that will never part w theirs ( me being one).

#128 8 years ago

The perfect combo of IPA and flop sweat.

image_(resized).jpegimage_(resized).jpeg

#129 8 years ago

Ok, forgive me for this. What the hell am I missing with TWD? I've played the pro. I've played the LE. I think I understand the rules fairly well, but the game still never clicks for me. The other 3 games are all great, and I get it. I own two of them, and the third is always welcome. But TWD has never felt good playing. The shots never feel right, and some drains feel cheap to me. So what the hell am I missing with it? I keep hearing people say how great it is and I just feel cold.

#130 8 years ago
Quoted from DaveH:

Ok, forgive me for this. What the hell am I missing with TWD? I've played the pro. I've played the LE. I think I understand the rules fairly well, but the game still never clicks for me. The other 3 games are all great, and I get it. I own two of them, and the third is always welcome. But TWD has never felt good playing. The shots never feel right, and some drains feel cheap to me. So what the hell am I missing with it? I keep hearing people say how great it is and I just feel cold.

do you play it in the wild or had some time in home environments?
Tron is like that for some folks. so-so for them in wild, but in home environment, totally dig it.

#131 8 years ago
Quoted from DaveH:

I dunno man, I play mine with the volume jacked up on the subwoofer and the shaker throwing down with Clelands sweet audio upgrade, multiball gets going with some dead modes, Riot and Barn are tough shots when combo'd with multiball, the adrenaline just starts flowing hard. Multikill gets going, shots start getting worth huge points. The game just feels like a fight for your life and like you said it's a tough game to keep the ball out the trough.

I did receive my outlane extenders from Yoyokopter a few days ago, takes away some of the anger of the outlanes.....

Horde is a super fun mode if you haven't visited it yet....

#132 8 years ago

TWD is such an ass kicker. Unless you've reached the 200-300 million plateau its hard to appreciate. Once you make that game sing a couple times, it's so hard to walk away from.

#133 8 years ago
Quoted from centerflank:

Gulp fail, they need to make the things Wisconsin size
Derp

I'm working on it flank.

BigGulp_(resized).jpgBigGulp_(resized).jpg

#134 8 years ago
Quoted from o-din:

I'm working on it flank.
BigGulp_(resized).jpg

Thank you good sir, a gentlemen and a scholar.

#135 8 years ago

First time I saw the thread this week I just made my all time best on Blackened mode on MET (the four Horsemen of the apocalypse).

Only Own 2 of these 4 but last 2 are on my list TWD Premium and GOT Premium.

Already have some artwork to prove it lol

Sorry if zoom is bad......already a poor photograph....absynth doesnt help lol

IMG_6499_(resized).JPGIMG_6499_(resized).JPG

IMG_6500_(resized).JPGIMG_6500_(resized).JPG

IMG_6502_(resized).JPGIMG_6502_(resized).JPG

IMG_6503_(resized).JPGIMG_6503_(resized).JPG

IMG_6504_(resized).JPGIMG_6504_(resized).JPG

#136 8 years ago

Those frames for your translites looks awesome! Did you make those?

#137 8 years ago

Swap boxes are awesome, I mounted them to the stairwell ceiling.

no trippingno tripping

#138 8 years ago
Quoted from chuckwurt:

Those frames for your translites looks awesome! Did you make those?

Blimpey

#139 8 years ago
Quoted from centerflank:

a gentlemen and a scholar.

Does that mean I get the girl?

download_(resized).jpgdownload_(resized).jpg

#140 8 years ago
Quoted from o-din:

Does that mean I get the girl?

download_(resized).jpg

Bet she isn't going to have an eager beaver in the Yugo.

#141 8 years ago

It won't matter once I break out the Thunderbird.

th_(resized).jpgth_(resized).jpg

#142 8 years ago

apocalypse_(resized).jpgapocalypse_(resized).jpg

#143 8 years ago

Ive always envisioned the 4 Horsemen like this, Labnip-Erik-Flank-Apollyon

Non-DoucheyNon-Douchey

#144 8 years ago

WTF? I'm the mentally challenged guy?

#145 8 years ago
Quoted from Apollyon:

WTF? I'm the mentally challenged guy?

Well, you are the guy from Kanaduh, you love lamp.

#146 8 years ago
Quoted from centerflank:

Non-Douchey

Dang, can I at least be lamp? If not, is Tits McGee available? 3rd choice would be Sex Panther.

#147 8 years ago
Quoted from labnip:

do you play it in the wild or had some time in home environments?
Tron is like that for some folks. so-so for them in wild, but in home environment, totally dig it.

I've played the LE in a home environment, but that was before the better code updates. Since then I've played both in the wild, including a bunch of games on a TWD Pro today. I just kept dumping tokens in and it was the same feeling over and over. Eventually I got frustrated by not enjoying it and started playing other games (which all felt much better to me).

I think it is just time I accept that TWD won't click for me.

#148 8 years ago
Quoted from jayhawkai:

Dang, can I at least be lamp? If not, is Tits McGee available? 3rd choice would be Sex Panther.

Tits McGee for you

#149 8 years ago
Quoted from centerflank:

Non-Douchey

tron-is-teh-best_(resized).jpegtron-is-teh-best_(resized).jpeg

Promoted items from Pinside Marketplace and Pinside Shops!
$ 15.00
Cabinet - Other
Rocket City Pinball

$ 44.99
Cabinet - Shooter Rods
Pinball Shark

$ 15.00
Cabinet - Other
Rocket City Pinball

$ 24.95
Playfield - Protection
ULEKstore

Machine - For Sale
San Diego, CA
$ 14.95
Lighting - Led
Mitchell Lighting

$ 16.00
10,250 (OBO)
Machine - For Sale
Willington, DE
6,900 (OBO)
Machine - For Sale
Springfield, OH
$ 35.00
Cabinet - Decals
Pinball Haus

$ 24.95
Cabinet - Other
Lighted Pinball Mods

$ 15.00
Playfield - Plastics
PFX Pinball Mods

$ 9.95
Lighting - Led
Mitchell Lighting

Cabinet - Other
Rocket City Pinball

$ 135.00
Gameroom - Decorations
Dijohn

$ 40.00
Playfield - Protection
Duke Pinball

10,000 (Firm)
Machine - For Sale
Las Vegas, NV
$ 19.95
Playfield - Protection
SilverBall Designs

$ 259.99
Cabinet - Toppers
Lighted Pinball Mods

$ 19.95
Playfield - Protection
SilverBall Designs

$ 149.00
$ 30.00
Playfield - Other
YouBentMyWookie

Great pinball charity
Pinball Edu
There are 418 posts in this topic. You are on page 3 of 9.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/4-horsemen-of-the-apocalypse/page/3 and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.