Linked Games

Topic Gallery

View topic image gallery

7BEE2529-EFD5-420E-9B7A-C206D863480A (resized).jpeg
image (resized).jpg
image (resized).jpg
image (resized).jpg
image (resized).jpg

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider pinorama.
Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

#1 2 years ago

Any woodrail guys out there clued up with early Gottlieb woodrails?
Working on a 4 Horsemen and can't get to to reset properly for love or money.
It is pre motor switch so Clay's start up sequences don't cover this era.

The issue is on start up: it will reset the points stepper and 100K stepper, count the 10 k unit down by the 10k relay, then advance from - 1 position on the 100k; but then the 100k relay locks in when the 100k is at the zero position.
Thee are no stuck switches on the playfield.
If i manually advance the 100k unit to the 200k position it comes good and plays as normal.
Got me stumped.
Any help appreciated.

#4 2 years ago
Quoted from tfduda:

The start up seq sound like it is working normally up to the point that the 100k stepper goes from -1 to zero position. Does the circuit that accomplishes this step (that is, the one to the 100k step up coil that closes via contacts on the 10k stepper when it steps from 90 to 0k) go through the 100k relay (M-relay I assume)? Can you upload this part of the schematic as well as the part that shows the 100k relay circuit?
Otherwise, it sounds like the machine works normally otherwise—I assume this means that when the 10k stepper steps from 90k to 0k that the 100k stepper steps normally and the 100k relay doesn’t stay engaged. Is this the case?

Thanks for the replies.
when the 100k stepper goes from rest position (-1) after the 10 k rests, it stops on zero but the M relay energises and stays pulled in. If I manually roatet the stepper finger off the zero rivet and to the next position, the 100k coil de-energises. Its a bit strange since the contacts that energise the step up are open at the zero position as far as I can tell. I will upload schematics, I'm not great at reading these and with this fault I have been all over the schematic trying to work it out.

Quoted from tfduda:

The start up seq sound like it is working normally up to the point that the 100k stepper goes from -1 to zero position. Does the circuit that accomplishes this step (that is, the one to the 100k step up coil that closes via contacts on the 10k stepper when it steps from 90 to 0k) go through the 100k relay (M-relay I assume)? Can you upload this part of the schematic as well as the part that shows the 100k relay circuit?
Otherwise, it sounds like the machine works normally otherwise—I assume this means that when the 10k stepper steps from 90k to 0k that the 100k stepper steps normally and the 100k relay doesn’t stay engaged. Is this the case?

Thanks for the replies.
So when th 100k stepper goes to zero through the 10k stepper and stops at zero the m ( 100k) relay pulls in and stays energised.
The only way I can get stop it , is to move the 100k stepper arm two notches to the right or remove the earth wire from the 10 k stepper unit( found this out by accident).
Have attached some pics of schematic.
I have also put up pic of 10 k but which has a set of contacts on the rt side that are always closed lol x rpt when the 10k coil pulses. These switches were open when I first looked at the game and it appeared there was an actuator arm missing as the switches did not open or close at any time. I had to rotate the switches so the drive arm on the coil actually opens the switches when the coil pulls in. I guess this is what needs to happen looking at the schematic

image (resized).jpgimage (resized).jpgimage (resized).jpgimage (resized).jpgimage (resized).jpgimage (resized).jpgimage (resized).jpgimage (resized).jpg

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider pinorama.
Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/4-horsemen-headache?tu=pinorama and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.