2 years ago

Topic Heartbeat

Topic Stats

You

Linked Games

Topic Gallery

View topic image gallery

8455B9BE-4356-4345-81F1-CB52475C0C47.gif
There are 65 posts in this topic. You are on page 2 of 2.
#51 2 years ago
Quoted from LTG:

Offer $17K, settle for $18.
LTG : )

This is the correct answer.

#52 2 years ago

I think location has to be factored in pins prices seam to go up east to west and so 15k in the east and 20k in the west might be the right number not asking exactly where you are so some jackass can come in and steal your deal but thought location is a factor

#53 2 years ago
Quoted from Methos:

If someone did that to me, I'd show them the door faster than grease lightning.

If you're a collector sure. If you're in it to make as much money as you can and want to unload all your games at once, well...

#54 2 years ago
Quoted from CrazyLevi:

That seems like a ton of work to save about $2k on a routed Metallica.
You guys are all thinking about this as if you are buying games out of a home collection from someone as stingy and obnoxious and detail oriented as us.
$15k cash is an extremely fair offer to a route operator looking to move on from used equipment he’s already made thousands of dollars in gross on.

People in this thread are having difficulty realizing that most Operators don’t give a shit about pinball.

This is how it goes for an Op:
• Buy NIB pro
• set up, glance at the level, make it as steep as possible
• literally do nothing as stuff start to break “people should put money in and I shouldn’t have to lift a finger!”
• people continue to feed it bills and coins
• *something BIG breaks* argh! Pinballs are shit this is why I don’t buy them anymore
• ask for full price after it’s been beat to shit for years and you’ve made 8 grand on coin drop
• “pinballs are junk and I won’t buy another”
• repeat anyway

#55 2 years ago

this is so much less complicated than everything i'm reading about strategy, posture, types of cash denominations. it's just simple math. the guy selling the games has one of only 3 choices...

1) keep the non-earning games, make 0$.
2) sell them individually, which in their current condition is prob about $4000/a game., especially after getting chewed down by every pinsider he talks to. make $16K for a ton of work and headaches.
3) sell them all as is, in one shot, and not have to deal with multiple questions, meeting arrangements, tire-kickers, pictures of the shooter lane, game audit requests, and all the other stuff collectors ask for, to you for $15K. cash on the spot.

acknowledge this fact yourself, and make him that offer. explain this scenario to him if he balks. then he either says yes or no. if yes, sweet. if no, that's how it was meant to be. tell him you understand, and that your offer stands, so long as you don't find a Metallica on your own. and then, at least you tried.

#56 2 years ago

How much is your time worth to fix whatever is broken or needs reconditioning. Likely they will at least need flipper rebuilds and new rubber. If you fix them up and they show little wear, you could get around $5k for each, maybe more if they turn out nice. I wouldn’t pay more than $16k if I intended to turn them around. If I was planning on keeping them, I’d pay more, maybe $17-18k, play them and fix them over time. One thing going for you is all those titles are no longer being run and demand for them is pretty strong.

#57 2 years ago

I know the 4 pins well and you must be close to me. The Metallica is missing the art on the left side of the back box. I made him an offer on the GOT and TWD last week but he wanted to sell all 4 together it seemed. I really didn't even want them being routed pros so decided to pass and I already have a GB premium and GOTG which is the same layout as Metallica. Good luck.

#58 2 years ago
Quoted from IPlay4Profit:

I know the 4 pins well and you must be close to me. The Metallica is missing the art on the left side of the back box. I made him an offer on the GOT and TWD last week but he wanted to sell all 4 together it seemed. I really didn't even want them being routed pros so decided to pass and I already have a GB premium and GOTG which is the same layout as Metallica. Good luck.

LOL

OK I'm thinking offer $13k for the set and go from there.

I really think some of you folks are carried away with "the market" and the idea that you'll scare away the op is ridiculous. Ops know how negotiating works.

These games don't sound like the pride of the fleet!

#59 2 years ago
Quoted from IPlay4Profit:

yeah, after reading this review, i take back my $15k suggestion, as well. Sounds like a grab bag of ugly surprises lie in store for you. Levi nailed it w $13K, at best. if you don't get them, sounds like it will be the best $13K you ever saved.

#60 2 years ago

Shame OP doesn't have any pics of the games. We went from 18K to 13K

#61 2 years ago
Quoted from CrazyLevi:

This hasn’t been remotely true for a very long time.

I wasn't talking about pinball, other route games. Just making a point that the potential seller is aware of their value if he is asking 20k. Because other route games like cranes and newer arcades loose a lot more value than pinball.

#62 2 years ago

well did you buy them ?

#63 2 years ago

well did you buy them ?

#64 2 years ago

WELL!???

#65 2 years ago

8455B9BE-4356-4345-81F1-CB52475C0C47.gif8455B9BE-4356-4345-81F1-CB52475C0C47.gif

Promoted items from Pinside Marketplace and Pinside Shops!
€ 99.00
Lighting - Under Cabinet
Watssapen shop

6,500 (OBO)
Machine - For Sale
Collegeville, PA
$ 5.00
Cabinet - Other
Pin Monk

7,999 (OBO)
Machine - For Sale
Richfield, MI
$ 24.95
Playfield - Protection
ULEKstore

6,500 (Firm)
Machine - For Sale
Yonkers, NY
$ 69.99
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Lighted Pinball Mods

$ 16.00
$ 9.99
Cabinet - Other
Bent Mods

7,000 (OBO)
Machine - For Sale
Elgin, OK
$ 14.95
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
ULEKstore

$ 160.00
Cabinet - Toppers
Sparky Pinball

$ 79.99
Cabinet - Armor And Blades
PinGraffix Pinside Shop

$ 29.95
$ 63.99
Cabinet - Other
Cento Creations

Cabinet - Other
Lighted Pinball Mods

$ 19.95
Playfield - Protection
SilverBall Designs

$ 19.95
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
ULEKstore

$ 69.99
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Lighted Pinball Mods

Cabinet - Other
Rocket City Pinball

$ 50.00
Playfield - Protection
Duke Pinball

$ 30.00
Playfield - Other
YouBentMyWookie

$ 26.95
$ 9.95
Lighting - Led
Mitchell Lighting

Cabinet - Other
Lighted Pinball Mods

There are 65 posts in this topic. You are on page 2 of 2.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/4-games-for-20k-should-i-/page/2 and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.