(Topic ID: 28198)

*EDIT* again, leaving today to go to the Pinvatational!!

By ThePostmaster

11 years ago

Topic Heartbeat

Topic Stats

You

Linked Games

No games have been linked to this topic.

Topic Gallery

View topic image gallery

2012-10-25_12-19-08_693.jpg
    2012-10-25_12-17-44_649.jpg
    2012-10-25_12-18-57_212.jpg
    this_thread_is_useless_without_pics.gif
    #1 11 years ago

I'm getting excited now. I really got nervous yesterday, as I sent 16 hours in the ER/Hospital yesterday, with some heart issues. I was worried they would keep me, and not let me go to the Pinvatational. They let me leave, with no restrictions!!!

I'll be getting there Wednesday afternoon/evening. I'll be bringing my wife and 17 y/o son. I can't wait to get some golf in. Hope the weather is nice. T_G, when can I set up my pins? I'll be bringing 2 (3 actually, 2 need work). SM & Goldeneye. I need to work on GE, as the Sat decided not to grab the ball. It works othere than that issue. I'm also bringing a mystery game I'm buying on the way down, in non-working condition. Hope to mess with that some while I'm there. I still plan on getting a hole-in-one on #9.

I'm really looking forward to meeting some Pinsiders, and making new friends. Also looking forward to trying some of Pinhead's homebrew!!!

Who else is getting excited to go? I've started my countdown!!!

#2 11 years ago

Glad to hear you are doing well Bill! I heard about your visit to the hospital and was worried.

I'm excited. I'll have my clubs but not sure I'll be able to bring a game, room issues. this actually snuck up on me, I thought I was suppose to leave this last Thursday and almost did leave work early hahahah.

#3 11 years ago
    Quoted from northvibe:

not sure I'll be able to bring a game, room issues.

I have use of an enclosed trailer. I can bring it down & back for you. It'll cost you the small fee of: one of Pinhead's homebrew beer. Let me know. I could pick the game up Tues night, or Wed morning.

Bill

#4 11 years ago

Ah you are using a nice trailer! Let me figure it out, I appreciate it! I guess I hadn't planned to, but I want to fix ft and have that for sale...otherwise my coworkers may shun me for not leaving a machine to play

#5 11 years ago

BAD NEWS: Its not looking good for me to make to the pinvitational! I so want to make it, but as of right now, things aren't looking good at all.

-Aaron
    Iowa Pinball Club

p.s. Glad you are doing better! Sure wish I could say hello to everyone in person!

#6 11 years ago

Sorry to hear tha Aaron. Hope things work out, and you can at least make an appearance.

Bill

#7 11 years ago

Bump for the Pinvatational

#8 11 years ago

Bill, glad you are better! You can set up as soon as you arrive. I am taking machines down tonight.

#9 11 years ago

Sweet! Might have to get a 1/2 round of golf in first!! #9 is calling my name!!!

#10 11 years ago

PLEASE, Take lots of pictures for me! I've got to live thought them!

I really hate missing such a great time! I know the pinvitational is going to be special!

Lets hope there is a "next one"! Hint to The Gorilla.

-Aaron

#11 11 years ago
    Quoted from IowaPinballClub:

Lets hope there is a "next one"! Hint to The Gorilla.

+1, I'm in!!!

#12 11 years ago

It's almost here! The 1st ever Pinvatational!!! Going to be a great time!

Pinball, beer, golf, making new friends. Doesn't get any better than that, unless you but boobs in there somewhere!

#13 11 years ago
    Quoted from ThePostmaster:

It's almost here! The 1st ever Pinvatational!!! Going to be a great time!
    Pinball, beer, golf, making new friends. Doesn't get any better than that, unless you but boobs in there somewhere!

Hmm, Parnell is kind of a boob ...

#15 11 years ago

Did you say Parnell would show his man boobs?

#16 11 years ago

Just got up, time to load the clubs, Pins, and family, and off to The Pinvatational! Really looking forward to today, as it's supposed to be 54 degrees here, and 81 degrees there!

T_G, I'm on my way! (in a couple of hours)

#17 11 years ago

83 miles to go!! Stopped at Tony's and picked up SST.

#18 11 years ago
    Quoted from ThePostmaster:

83 miles to go!! Stopped at Tony's and picked up SST.

... and a SWEET looking cocktail cabinet game!

#19 11 years ago
    Quoted from tonymiddendorf:

and a SWEET looking cocktail cabinet game! []

What could this be?

#20 11 years ago

gonna make make the airport on time?

Shirts arrived...I am wearing mine!!

#22 11 years ago

BOOM!!! EXCITED!

#23 11 years ago

Do we have a "what we should bring" list?

Clothes
    bathroom stuff
    money/cash
    golf clubs
    pins if they are going
    ??

#24 11 years ago
    Quoted from northvibe:

Do we have a "what we should bring" list?
    Clothesbathroom stuffmoney/cashgolf clubspins if they are going??

This is called 'being a responsible adult' do you need help with that?

#25 11 years ago

I say pack exactly that...maybe cool weather golf gear, too but I figure you Vikings already know that!

#26 11 years ago

This is Parnell's first overnight away from home.

#27 11 years ago
    Quoted from pinheadpuckguy:

This is Parnell's first overnight away from home.

you wont even let me sleep over

#28 11 years ago

Ninble Pin is getting his room now, then off to Toad Valley GC, the best course in the Tri-State area!!

#29 11 years ago

maybe we need walkie talkies or a blow up sheep tony :-p well....I have one of those.

#30 11 years ago

Shirts arrived...I am wearing mine!!

Cool! But you know that...
    this_thread_is_useless_without_pics.gifthis_thread_is_useless_without_pics.gif

#31 11 years ago

Seriously, lets see some pics!

#32 11 years ago

I wanna see pics too and I am local You be nice to my games while I am not there!

#33 11 years ago

I'll post some pics soon!

#34 11 years ago

Children of the Corn:

Have a great time!

On behalf of all the Wizzo Party Dudes,

Dan

#35 11 years ago

Is only just starting too...tonight I know of MM, MB, WH2O, IJ, Hurricane and ACDC all heading to the party!

#36 11 years ago

Pics coming soon. I need to finish attempting to organize. Kind of glad that things are arriving gradually. I am discovering that i have a lot to learn about putting things together. At least I look damn good in my gorilla mask though.

#37 11 years ago

I posted some pics under the Pinvatational is open thread

#38 11 years ago

Congo enroute

2012-10-25_12-18-57_212.jpg2012-10-25_12-18-57_212.jpg 2012-10-25_12-17-44_649.jpg2012-10-25_12-17-44_649.jpg 2012-10-25_12-19-08_693.jpg2012-10-25_12-19-08_693.jpg

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/4-days-til-the-pinvatational and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.