18%
  • Jurassic Park 22 votes
    28%
  • GnR 17 votes
    22%
  • Other 7 votes
    9%

(78 votes)

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider pinpickle.
Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

#1 3 years ago

Family of 5, got into the hobby on Christmas and we’re hooked. We have Stranger Things Premium and think it the greatest thing ever. Just absolutely addicted to it. High score is 315mil so we’re not that good but it’s hours upon hours of fun. I have a Simpsons Pinball Party arriving on Friday. I would like a third pin that would compliment ST (intense) and TSPP (light/fun).

I haven’t played any of the titles I’m thinking of but have watched a lot of videos on all of them.

Deadpool Premium- I’m not big into superheroes but Deadpool is definitely unique. From what I can see it’s a little more crass and the humor seems like it would be a great addition. The artwork is awesome too.

The Walking Dead Premium - good reviews and it looks fun. Definitely an intense game from what I have seen.

Jurassic Park Premium - like the series, like the dinosaur movement. I heard it’s a pretty technical game.

GnR - love the looks of this, I like GnR and owning a JJP would be nice as well. Concerns Cost is high not the most family (young kids) friendly game.

We all like the gimmicks. Upside down, demogorgan battle, ramps etc.

Any suggestions on the ones I mentioned? Any others I should consider? It will be a small collection but I’m looking for a good balance.

Thanks for your help.

#3 3 years ago
Quoted from mbrave77:

Voted Jp as its amazing. As is deadpool. How old are your kids? I would suggest maybe considering something like willy wonka. Great game and would diversify the lineup a bit.
Either way welcome to the addiction my friend.

Thank you! Love the community. This forum is outstanding. My kids are 14/13/9 and but my 9 year old is the biggest stranger things fan and she’s the one who got us into pinball. I’m not too worried about the being totally family friendly for my guys but it’s our friends that have 4-10 year old. Hearing some of the Fbombs in the GnR wouldn’t bother us for our kids but We entertain a lot so I may have to wait on this one. I will own it someday. Willy Wonka looks good too thanks for the recommendation.

3 weeks later
#15 3 years ago

Yeah I really can’t decide. I almost pulled the trigger on a GNR last week, and I almost did the same for a JP.

I really need to try them out. Currently in lockdown so when that’s lifted I have yo find these pins. Videos don’t do it justice and everyone has a different opinion.

Walking Dead is currently off my list so I’m down to 3.

#18 3 years ago

I just got into pins and if there are some really tough shots on JP they would be even tougher for me. I did look into that movie code and it seems fantastic. You can also mod it up tastefully.

The DP seems like a fun game really vibrant and the sarcastic call outs would be something I enjoy.

GNR... I was a fan back in the day and would like to own a JJP. I have heard from a few people that didn’t keep it too long.

I would get premium JP
Pro DP
LE GNR

If JJP announces Toy Story before I pull the trigger, then that’s the next pin.

#20 3 years ago
Quoted from rolandthoms:

Hey neighbor (born in Burlington). Toy story won’t Be available for another year. That’s an eternity in pinball.

Hey Neighbour... looks like I’m not waiting. Lol

#22 3 years ago

Well I just pulled the trigger on a GnR LE. Deadpool is next and hope to have JP at some point too.

Thanks for all the feedback.

1 month later
#25 3 years ago

I did as my 3rd pin. Lol I ordered a JP as well. JP will arrive first. There’s no chance I’m putting GnR in family mode but I do appreciate the tip.

Promoted items from Pinside Marketplace and Pinside Shops!
Cabinet - Other
Filament Printing

$ 49.95
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Hookedonpinball.com

Cabinet - Other
Rocket City Pinball

Lighting - Backbox
Myth Pinball Parts Shop

$ 289.99
Cabinet - Armor And Blades
Maine Home Recreation

$ 35.00
$ 50.00
Playfield - Protection
Duke Pinball

Cabinet - Armor And Blades
arcade-cabinets.com

Cabinet - Other
Rocket City Pinball

$ 9,499.00
Pinball Machine
Classic Game Rooms

Cabinet - Decals
arcade-cabinets.com

Machine - For Sale
Manalapan, FL
Cabinet - Shooter Rods
Super Skill Shot Shop

Lighting - Interactive
Pin Stadium Pinball Mods

$ 16.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
The MOD Couple

$ 14.95
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
ULEKstore

Lighting - Interactive
Hookedonpinball.com

$ 44.95
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
PinBoss Mods

$ 16.95
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
ULEKstore

$ 259.99
Cabinet - Toppers
Lighted Pinball Mods

$ 45.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
The MOD Couple

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider pinpickle.
Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/3rd-pin-advice-twd-deadpool-jp-gnr?tu=pinpickle and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.