Topic Stats

• 27 posts
  • 23 Pinsiders participating
  • Latest reply 4 years ago by Monarca1091
  • No one calls this topic a favorite

You

Linked Games

#1 4 years ago

I have room for 3 pins right now, 2 pins I already have (well the 2nd is coming NIB in a few weeks ).

1) Fire!
2) Star Trek Premium
3) ?

For number 3 I have several options and to be honest I find it difficult to choose, I cannot play them all because they are not available in my location, so selecting one will mainly be based on theme preference, YouTube and input from you guys/girls

the options:
1) Lord of the Rings: I read only positief things about this pin but finding a good one is difficult and it's still an 11y old machine.
2) Avengers Pro: seems like 2 camps with this one: love/hate. The theme is something my wife and daughter love so thats a big plus. I can buy a NIB.
3) Iron Man: again theme is a big plus for the girls but I read it's a bit repeating and maybe boring quick ?
4) Wizard of Oz RR/LE/Pro : New machine nice graphics and with 3.0 good game play.
5) The Hobbit: new machine, like the theme but not enough info for now.

#2 4 years ago

LOTR, will give a good balance to your other two.

#5 4 years ago

Hey,

Lord of the Rings or Wizard of Oz is a nice counterpoint to the faster play of Star Trek. Just my two cents.

Luke

#6 4 years ago

I would go with any of those except for Avengers. That's not Stern's best game. You'd also want to try Iron Man if you haven't played it and see if you like it. It's a tough game sometimes, so it's not for everyone. WOZ and LOTR are great (I own them), but I haven't played The Hobbit yet. Good luck - isn't it a wonderful life when you're greatest concern is what your third pin is going to be?

#7 4 years ago

Iron Man is my favorite from your list by far.
LOTR is a good game, but long and the easiest of the 5 you listed.
Not a Jersey Jack pin fan.

I owned an Avengers, my only NIB purchased pinball.
I loved it, but it's construction is weak (too much plastic) and Stern refused to update the code when it needed it badly, so I sold. Still, fun game that can easily be made easier or tougher.

Good luck-

#8 4 years ago

IM is too similar in play to STLE in my opinion.

I could never get into LOTR despite loving the theme. I know I'm in the minority. If your local market makes it relatively easy to turn over machines, I'd get a WoZ and enjoy it for 6-8 months. When THLE comes out, you can evaluate swapping out one of your machines.

#9 4 years ago

To go with those, and taking into account the preferences of your girls, this is the order I would consider them in:

1) WOZ - simply amazing. Best "wow" factor of your choices. Wives/daughters seem to love it and it will probably challenge you for years with the 3.0 code.

2) TAV - really good game when dialed in. I would go for blue LE edition over Pro if an option for you, but either model is probably the best bang for your buck given your choices. This is the other recent Stern game I would get along with ST if I had the room.

3) LOTR - modern classic, a little easy but not enough to detract from the game. I would strongly consider this one if you are likely to get a THLE later.

4) THLE - too soon to tell. I agree with wilsonza - get one of the others now and trade it later if needed.

5) IM - popular, but too expensive now for what it is unless you really like the theme. I may be in the minority, but the more I play it the less I like it.

Good luck with your decision.

#11 4 years ago

LOTR by far. Epic awesomeness. One of the few great sterns.

#12 4 years ago

woz or lotr

#13 4 years ago

From your choices I would suggest Woz although I am not a big fan of the gameplay however I will admit that I have not played it enough to tell, but it's simply the next level of pinball.

I would suggest Tron as it's my favorite game, along with AcDc premium if you could get it past your wife. AcDc is probably the biggest surprise to me as I didn't think I'd like it one but, but now to me it is a top5 pin to date.

#14 4 years ago

From your choices, I would go with WOZ as a great balance to Star Trek.

LOTR would also be a great counter to the other two, but to me, sometimes that game just feels like homework. Lots of people really love it though, so you should definitely try to play it first.

#15 4 years ago

I love the theme of LotR but never cared for it when I played it.

Though I wanted IM also but it's very difficult, I have never played AV yet.

#16 4 years ago

Another vote for LOTR, WOZ would be second

#17 4 years ago

IM.

I've never found it boring. Eventually I may get rid of all my pins, but IM will be the last to go. Only problem is, it is kind of flavor of the month/quarter/year around pinside, you may have a hard time finding one.

In the meantime, go with LOTR. Great game, lots of depth. Eventually you will get bored with the long game times (like I did), but, maybe not...

-Wes

#18 4 years ago

push that Fire! out the door (or stuff it at a good friend's house)

Then you the room for WOZ and LOTR.

#20 4 years ago

This thread is making me so happy. Just about everybody is naming WOZ and LOTR as the two pins for him to get...and they're the two that I currently own. I've been struggling with what to get as my third pin while I wait for my Hobbit. Tron? AC/DC? Congo? POTC? But the more I look and the more I think about it, I should probably just hold for now and be happy with what I've got. I think anything else might be a letdown...and I can always play those other games at Modern Pinball, etc. That being said, I REALLY don't want to wait for Hobbit to have a third machine!!!

#21 4 years ago

Go with WOZ... a far superior pin experience for the whole family. If my wife loves it, and dubs it her favorite out of the countless she's played, it should be good for anyone.

#22 4 years ago

I'd go with The Hobbit, gonna be something special!

#23 4 years ago

LOTR... and it is not easy as some say! I bet you will have to practice some months before you finally play it out! I never succeeded to be honest And besides i know you purchase a Hobbit so please go for the LOTR, im on the same page here lol.

#24 4 years ago

Thanks guys for the feedback!

I think I will wait for the Woz Ruby Red edition and in the mean time try to find a good LOTR. By the time the wozrr is there I hope to have convinced my wife that we need more room to keep the 4th pin....

#25 4 years ago

Wives and pinball.... like oil and water... every time

#26 4 years ago

Good decision to select WOZ, the whole family will be happy. As others said it will complement the other two.

#27 4 years ago

I'm a die hard fan of the avengers pinball

Promoted items from the Pinside Marketplace
$ 64.00
Lighting - Under Cabinet
Lermods
$ 76.95
Cabinet - Shooter Rods
Super Skill Shot Shop
Cabinet - Other
Rock Custom Pinball
$ 48.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
ModFather Pinball Mods
$ 99.99
Lighting - Other
Lighted Pinball Mods
$ 27.99
Eproms
Matt's Basement Arcade
Wanted
Machine - Wanted
Ames, IA
$ 156.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
ModFather Pinball Mods
$ 35.00
Cabinet - Decals
Bright Lights Pinball
Cabinet - Other
Lighted Pinball Mods
£ 58.00
Cabinet - Decals
Sillyoldelf Mods
$ 44.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Lermods
$ 55.00
Gameroom - Decorations
Pinball Photos
Cabinet - Shooter Rods
ModFather Pinball Mods
$ 87.00
$ 39.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
The MOD Couple
Wanted
Machine - Wanted
Jacksonville , FL
$ 1,000.00
$ 45.00
Cabinet - Other
...redshiftLED
$ 219.99
$ 22.00
$ 48.00
Cabinet - Other
ModFather Pinball Mods
Great pinball charity
Pinball Edu

Hey there! Got a moment?

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run thanks to donations from our visitors? Please donate to Pinside, support the site and get anext to your username to show for it! Donate to Pinside