Topic Heartbeat

Topic Stats

• 18 posts
  • 9 Pinsiders participating
  • Latest reply 3 years ago by Timerider
  • Topic is favorited by 3 Pinsiders

You

Linked Games

No games have been linked to this topic.

Topic Gallery

View topic image gallery

IMG_20200731_131901 (resized).jpg
    IMG_20200731_131837 (resized).jpg
    20160827_193220 (resized).jpg

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider Glarrownage.
    Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

#1 7 years ago

Hey guys, I ordered a roll of 3M 467MP from pinrestore to reinstall some ramp decals after flame polishing. The transfer tape seemed to be fairly clear when I applied the first couple decals with a few blemishes but nothing terrible. As I used more of the roll, the transfer tape looked considerably patchy almost as if the adhesive may have melted at one point. Has anyone had this issue with getting a bad roll of 3M 467MP? Is there any better alternatives for decal transfers instead of the 3M 467MP? Thanks in advance!

#5 7 years ago
    Quoted from terryb:

I've had trouble with older rolls of 3M 467MP, but haven't seen anything like that on a new roll. I guess it's possible it was stored someplace where it got too hot. I don't know of any decent alternatives.

Quoted from schudel5:

3M 467MP is the best stuff out there that I've found. You might have come across a bad patch in the roll. Remove the decals and clean off with GooGone and reapply more 467MP from a different location in the roll.

Quoted from stangbat:

I've had a roll from Pin Restore that I bought several years ago. Haven't had any problems with it but then again I'm not at the end of it as I just use a little bit at a time. Sounds like you might have received a bad roll.

Thank you for the confirmation guys, I really appreciate it. Has anyone purchased some recently? Maybe I'll just put a note in my next order with Pin Restore but I don't even know how to ask them to check the quality of it. Have you guys had experience buying it any where else other than Pin Restore? I saw they had some on Amazon but the reviews seem to indicate that those sellers had some issues as well.

#7 7 years ago

Just to show you guys how it looks on the roll:

20160827_193220 (resized).jpg20160827_193220 (resized).jpg

#10 7 years ago
    Quoted from vid1900:

That looks bad

Thanks for the confirmation Vid! Do you know of any alternatives? Any suggestion on another reputable seller?

Quoted from Homepin:

The Amazon stuff is almost certainly fake.
    3M products are up there with the most copied things here in China and it is a real battle for me getting a good quality tape like this.
    The copy stuff looks EXACTLY like the original. They copy dozens of different 3M tapes.
    Some copies are very good and work well, others, not so much!!!
    My advice is buy from a reputable seller (such as Pin Restore) and stay well away from AliBaba (and the 40 thieves) and similar online shysters.

This was from Pin Restore.

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider Glarrownage.
    Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/3m-467mp-transfer-tape-question?tu=Glarrownage and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.