Topic Heartbeat

Topic Stats

• 239 posts
  • 83 Pinsiders participating
  • Latest reply 4 years ago by Mr_Tantrum
  • Topic is favorited by 1 Pinsider

You

Linked Games

No games have been linked to this topic.

Topic Gallery

View topic image gallery

Jurassic Park (resized).jpg
    Screenshot_20200227-020236 (resized).png
    20200224_175009 (resized).jpg
    20200224_175018 (resized).jpg
    20200224_175021 (resized).jpg
    20200224_175030 (resized).jpg
    20200224_175107 (resized).jpg
    20200223_175213 (resized).jpg
    20200223_175207 (resized).jpg
    20200223_175157 (resized).jpg
    20200223_175150 (resized).jpg
    72BFE44D-1F0B-4B3B-B6BC-A022F97EAC2D (resized).jpeg
    EF42E8EE-40D1-4B36-9751-33E2A5F4B7E2 (resized).png

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider cottonm4.
    Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

#59 4 years ago
    Quoted from snappahead:

I should give DE games another chance. The ones I've played felt a step or two below Williams which is the standard I judge all pinball. They do have great themes like JP and TftC though and prices are good on them.

Robocop! Fast. Simple rule set. A blast to play. But if you want deep, this is not your pin.

I have played Sopranos and like it. Also Jurassic Park. And Tommy. But Robocop—- never had any regrets buying it.

There are several good videos on YouTube.

“Come with me. Or there will be trouble.”

#117 4 years ago
    Quoted from snappahead:

Local arcade has a Robocop and JP. I need to spend some time on them.

Quoted from jake35:

I have a Earthshaker and a Robocop I'd sell for 2500 for either, just down the road in Cleveland tn. Also have a Dirty Harry I'd sell for a little more.

Jake has a nice Robocop. I bought mine about 3 weeks before the one he bought came up for sale. If I had been smart I would have bought the one he bought and then sold mine.

You should check the one in the arcade out.

#207 4 years ago

As you can read, opinions are all over the place. I'd like to have a Fish Tales but would not give one thin dime for WPT and I won two games on my 2nd game. A lot of the others in these lists do nothing for me.

It took me 2 years of watching You Tube videos before I finally made my decision and I have never regretted what I bought. But I shudder when I think back to several I was thinking about buying; If I had bought some of those they would have already been gone.

Take your time.

#220 4 years ago
    Quoted from snappahead:

What did you end up with as a first pin? My High Speed was more a local opportunity and not a game I had thought about owning. I think it was a good first game though.

I went with early solid state pins. I started with a Stern Big Game ( based on playing it in Visual Pinball and watching youtube videos ) and the classic Stern collection grew from there. One major benefit of staying with a particular group of pins is that the boards and other parts will interchange; that makes it so much easier is you need to do some trouble shooting.

I live in a pinball desert here. All of my buys were made after watching hours and hours of youtube vids. I stumbled into a Robocop thread here and decided to check for videos. I liked what I saw and went looking for one. I lucked out. The videos were good; It played just like what I saw in the videos.

High Speed is a great 1st game. Good taste. You will do OK when you make your decision.

The Law does have a good point when he says just "let the chips fall". If you make a mistake buy I guess you look at it as tuition; The cost to get into the game.

Daditude made a good point about BSD. I hate that pinball machine. It keeps saying "feed me". But in a home environment, a pin like that will hone your skills and make you a better player. It is not one you are likely to master, therefore you will not be getting bored easily.

EDIT: Read down farther and saw what you said about BSD and your wife. Road Show is one I stepped up to and liked immediately.

I will be interested in what you finally decide on.

#223 4 years ago
    Quoted from snappahead:

I have the 3k now, but I'm hoping to make something happen to get up to 4k.

Wait. Unless you have stumbled onto some hyper rare pin that all are dying for, wait. Going from 3K to 4K opens up a world of choices. And who knows, maybe you will get lucky with someone pricing a pin too low and you get to make a deal. And cover your pin jonesing at the arcade. A few quarters at a time

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider cottonm4.
    Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/3k-on-a-single-pin-collection?tu=cottonm4 and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.