Topic Heartbeat

Topic Stats

• 239 posts
  • 83 Pinsiders participating
  • Latest reply 4 years ago by Mr_Tantrum
  • Topic is favorited by 1 Pinsider

You

Linked Games

No games have been linked to this topic.

Topic Gallery

View topic image gallery

Jurassic Park (resized).jpg
    Screenshot_20200227-020236 (resized).png
    20200224_175009 (resized).jpg
    20200224_175018 (resized).jpg
    20200224_175021 (resized).jpg
    20200224_175030 (resized).jpg
    20200224_175107 (resized).jpg
    20200223_175213 (resized).jpg
    20200223_175207 (resized).jpg
    20200223_175157 (resized).jpg
    20200223_175150 (resized).jpg
    72BFE44D-1F0B-4B3B-B6BC-A022F97EAC2D (resized).jpeg
    EF42E8EE-40D1-4B36-9751-33E2A5F4B7E2 (resized).png

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider Rarehero.
    Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

#71 4 years ago

Don’t listen to the NIBNEWBS and their propaganda about “code” and what’s “good for the home”. They’re full of shit. The beauty of pinball is that it’s always different. You can play the same game a thousand times and always learn something new, achieve something unique and satisfying, and have fun over and over on the same machine. The 90’s games are generally masterpieces of gameplay, design and rules. None of them are “shallow” unless you’re playing an early DE like BTTF.

If you can score any 90’s game for $3k, go for it...it’ll bring you endless fun. If it ever gets “too easy”, you can always change posts & settings to up the challenge.

#73 4 years ago
    Quoted from snappahead:

I'm not really a guy to do that sort of thing sadly. I love pinball, but haven't spent much time under the hood. It's a sound strategy though.

Accept that you’ll have to learn. It’s part of the hobby. There are so many guides online, anyone can learn how to fix games. I know nothing about electronics - but I can follow directions. I went from knowing nothing to repairing/restoring/shopping out tons of games. It’s a satisfying part of the hobby.

#80 4 years ago
    Quoted from snappahead:

Lot of DE games being suggested. I need to get some more hands on time with these and give them another shot. I do remember liking TftC from my few games on it.

DE games used to be great bang for the buck, because collectors wanted nothing to do with them - you could always find them for about $1000 or less. Not sure what the good DE games are going for these days, but if their price is similar to a B/W game, go for the B/W. DE games just don’t “feel” as good, and the sound quality is pretty poor. If you’re going to have 1 game, that solid snappy B/W feel will is one of the aspects that will keep you coming back.

#132 4 years ago
    Quoted from snappahead:

I'm not that picky about theme. Love horror and sci fi themes, comic themes, rock band themes, but I'll take anything if it's good. I like so many pins, but my favs have been the b/w 90's machines and modern sterns. Strong flippers and fast gameplay. Theme is probably a bigger issue for the wife and she's a big horror/sci-fi fan.

Bram Stoker’s Dracula is THE BEST horror game, IMO...and it’s one of those addicting “usually kicks your ass” games you keep hitting start for....and when you have that satisfying game with the 3 multiballs stacked & Gary Oldman is yelling THIRTY MEEEEELLION!!! - it’s amazing. It might be more pricey these days, tho.

Sega Frankenstein might be a good cheaper alternative...but it’s gonna have that Sega/DE feel to it. Cool game tho.

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider Rarehero.
    Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/3k-on-a-single-pin-collection?tu=Rarehero and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.