Topic Heartbeat

Topic Stats

• 239 posts
  • 83 Pinsiders participating
  • Latest reply 4 years ago by Mr_Tantrum
  • Topic is favorited by 1 Pinsider

You

Linked Games

No games have been linked to this topic.

Topic Gallery

View topic image gallery

Jurassic Park (resized).jpg
    Screenshot_20200227-020236 (resized).png
    20200224_175009 (resized).jpg
    20200224_175018 (resized).jpg
    20200224_175021 (resized).jpg
    20200224_175030 (resized).jpg
    20200224_175107 (resized).jpg
    20200223_175213 (resized).jpg
    20200223_175207 (resized).jpg
    20200223_175157 (resized).jpg
    20200223_175150 (resized).jpg
    72BFE44D-1F0B-4B3B-B6BC-A022F97EAC2D (resized).jpeg
    EF42E8EE-40D1-4B36-9751-33E2A5F4B7E2 (resized).png
    There are 239 posts in this topic. You are on page 4 of 5.
    #152 4 years ago
    Quoted from Vino:

Whatever you do, don’t get sucked into notion that deep is somehow better. Plenty of enjoyable players under 3k.

I know you've already replied to this, but I just wanted to stress how true of a statement this is. Lets use Bram Stoker's Dracula as an example, since you said you like the theme, but worried about it's brutality and depth. While it's not the deepest game, I can almost guarantee that no matter how often you play it you're going to get excited hearing the "30 million" callout because reaching it feels like an accomplishment. To me, that rush of adrenaline quality is much more important then a game having a deep rule set. Mist multiball is also super cool.

Here is my list of DMD games...
    The Getaway: High Speed II
    Judge Dredd
    World Cup Soccer
    Revenge From Mars
    Johnny Mnemonic
    Stargate
    Terminator 2: Judgement Day
    Jurassic Park
    Demolition Man
    Baywatch
    Batman Forever
    Black Rose
    Who Dunnit
    NBA Fastbreak
    Last Action Hero
    Adventures of Rocky and Bullwinkle

If you want to add another $500...
    The Shadow
    Bram Stoker's Dracula
    Fish Tales
    Tales from the Crypt
    Road Show
    Indianapolis 500
    Dirty Harry
    Doctor Who

#153 4 years ago
    Quoted from SantaEatsCheese:

How do you find out what the best games available for under $3,000 are? Ask Pinside what the best games available under $2,000 and you'll get a $3000 answer.
    My votes that are actually in your price range:
    Alpha Numeric: Taxi/Whirlwind (not deep but challenging).
    90s DMD: Terminator 2, High Speed 2, World Cup Soccer 94, Demolition Man (not deep but challenging)
    90s DMD Deep: Road Show, Baywatch, Maverick (deeper)
    2000s plus: Roller Coaster Tycoon, Monopoly (deeper)

Thanks man. All of these have been mentioned, so people are on the same page here. WCS and Road Show are talking to me the most right now, but all are real options.

#154 4 years ago

I'd definitely +1 the Roadshow option. It's the one I have that my GF gravitates to the most. She also likes modes a lot(in this case cities).

RS has 4 flippers. Cool ramps with diverters that return the ball in different places. Easy to understand. *theme does not objectify women (important consideration for my collection lol).

This is the second time I've owned one. I like the simplicity and I have installed the new custom code (available on Pinside) that makes it a bit more balanced. I haven't beaten it yet with the new code.

The biggest complaint I've heard about this game is the c/w music. Personally I find it suits the theme perfectly. I'm not a c/w fan btw. Sounds awesome with an external sub but then again most pins do lol.

#155 4 years ago
    Quoted from MrMikeman:

I'd definitely +1 the Roadshow option. It's the one I have that my GF gravitates to the most. 4 flippers. Cool ramps with diverters that return the ball in different places. Easy to understand. *theme does not objectify women (important consideration for my collection lol).
    This is the second time I've owned one. I like the simplicity and I have installed the new custom code (available on Pinside) that makes it a bit more balanced. I haven't beaten it yet with the new code.
    The biggest complaint I've heard about this game is the c/w music. Personally I find it suits the theme perfectly. I'm not a c/w fan btw. Sounds awesome with an external sub but then again most pins do lol.

If they made roadshow today with all those bells and whistles it has, it would be $15000 or more.

#156 4 years ago
    Quoted from snappahead:

Thanks man. All of these have been mentioned, so people are on the same page here. WCS and Road Show are talking to me the most right now, but all are real options.

Between WCS and Roadshow, I would choose WCS every time!

#157 4 years ago

Never understood all the hate for NASCAR. It's fun, especially if you like NASCAR. Mine probably gets the most play out of anything in my collection.

The sounds are crap but the game itself is challenging and fast.

#158 4 years ago
    Quoted from Lethal_Inc:

No way the ramps are smooth and fast. Play one and you will see. One of the fastest games out there.

Yeah? They seem pretty crazy in the vids. Hard angles that cause the ball to hit hard in the turns. It does look fast.

#159 4 years ago
    Quoted from ShinyBall:I think you are on the right track. All I can add is that both these machines lasted the longest in my family collection..which also included TZ,SS, TAF and other so called "A" titles....yet, BSD & TFTC had staying power. I just let go BSD recently It was the longest lasting..now TFTC holds that spot...it's just a fun game for all.

Well that is a big statement and says a lot about the game. Wow. Thanks.

#160 4 years ago
    Quoted from MrMikeman:

I'd definitely +1 the Roadshow option. It's the one I have that my GF gravitates to the most. She also likes modes a lot(in this case cities).
    RS has 4 flippers. Cool ramps with diverters that return the ball in different places. Easy to understand. *theme does not objectify women (important consideration for my collection lol).

Yeah, it's a rad game and very friendly to approach theme and art wise. High on my consideration list right now.

#161 4 years ago
    Quoted from Daditude:

If they made roadshow today with all those bells and whistles it has, it would be $15000 or more.

Haha, very true. It's a vintage JJP minus the amazing light show.

#162 4 years ago
    Quoted from RobDutch:

For $3000 or less, I would recommend to get a Judge Dredd or a Whirlwind. (Own them both)
    Judge Dredd is a lot of pin for the money. A lot of modes (pretty deep ruleset), multiballs, 4 flippers, 4 ramps and a lot of fun.
    Whirlwind is just plain fun and you will either have a great game, or it will kick your butt
    I also own a great and brutal Shadow, but I don't think they're available for less then $3500 nowadays. If you find a cheap Shadow of BSD, GET IT!

Dredd's at the top of the list too. Looks really promising. That's two widebodies at the top now (JD and RS). Not sure how I feel about that haha. Shadow is badass and a game I'll be looking out for.

#163 4 years ago
    Quoted from snappahead:

There's a much bigger arcade a town over that has a massive selection of pins from the 80's and 90's, but I haven't had many chances to go.

Go - before you drop $3k.

#164 4 years ago
    Quoted from SunKing:

Go - before you drop $3k.

I will. They don't have a lot of the games people have suggested, but there's a few I can play.

#165 4 years ago
    Quoted from ita47:

Between WCS and Roadshow, I would choose WCS every time!

Why's that? Layout? Rules?

#166 4 years ago

Baywatch...it's a great game with plenty of shots, 4 flippers, 4 ramps, and solid code especially if you install the chad code for better score balancing. There are a few mini-wizard modes and a wizard mode as well. You can get a solid one for $3k or less and have room for the awesome colorDMD upgrade. I know it's not a stern or bally williams, but it's a great game. If the theme was different, it would be much more highly rated/highly regarded in my opinion.

Jackbot was mentioned before...not that many shots.

Roadshow is a great game, but it's pretty tough to find a decent one under $3500 now.

Shadow is great, but even if you can find one for $3500 it's pretty tough and most non-pinball folks don't find it fun because of that.

#167 4 years ago
    Quoted from lpeters82:

I know you've already replied to this, but I just wanted to stress how true of a statement this is. Lets use Bram Stoker's Dracula as an example, since you said you like the theme, but worried about it's brutality and depth. While it's not the deepest game, I can almost guarantee that no matter how often you play it you're going to get excited hearing the "30 million" callout because reaching it feels like an accomplishment. To me, that -rush of adrenaline quality- is much more important then a game having a deep rule set.
    Here is my list of DMD games...
    The Getaway: High Speed II
    Judge Dredd
    World Cup Soccer
    Revenge From Mars
    Johnny Mnemonic
    Stargate
    Terminator 2: Judgement Day
    Jurassic Park
    Demolition Man
    Baywatch
    Batman Forever
    Black Rose
    Who Dunnit
    NBA Fastbreak
    Last Action Hero
    Adventures of Rocky and Bullwinkle
    If you want to add another $500...
    The Shadow
    Bram Stoker's Dracula
    Fish Tales
    Tales from the Crypt
    Road Show
    Indianapolis 500
    Dirty Harry
    Doctor Who

Great post. Thank you.

#168 4 years ago

I have a Road Show. It was my second pin and is my wife's favorite game. The Soren ROM made the game much better in my opinion. The issue with Road Show is that if Red and Ted are broken they are a real hassle to repair. Also the cabs are almost always faded but that does not bother me as it is set between two other machines. The multiball on Road Show really makes you a better player, to do well you have to be able to cradle multiple balls and transfer them effectively. If you can find one in good shape for $3,000 go for it.

#169 4 years ago
    Quoted from snappahead:

I adore Tales from the Crypt theme wise,..... but it's got that DE thing.

What "Data East thing"? That's a silly preconception if I've ever heard one. TFTC is a great shooting 90's title & lots of fun. Best DE best title hands down IMO.

It's pretty simple tho. If you want a used Stern Pro, then just be patient & save up for one. Don't settle for something other than what you really want, because you'll likely regret it later. And don't listen to anyone's opinions other than your own because everyone has their own tastes & preferences.

Happy hunting!

#170 4 years ago
    Quoted from per3per3:

Baywatch...it's a great game with plenty of shots, 4 flippers, 4 ramps, and solid code especially if you install the chad code for better score balancing. There are a few mini-wizard modes and a wizard mode as well. You can get a solid one for $3k or less and have room for the awesome colorDMD upgrade. I know it's not a stern or bally williams, but it's a great game. If the theme was different, it would be much more highly rated/highly regarded in my opinion.
    Jackbot was mentioned before...not that many shots.
    Roadshow is a great game, but it's pretty tough to find a decent one under $3500 now.
    Shadow is great, but even if you can find one for $3500 it's pretty tough and most non-pinball folks don't find it fun because of that.

I think the arcade down the road has a Baywatch, so hopefully I can put some games on it and see what I think.

That's my thing with Jackbot. It seems like there's not much to shoot at. Code does look interesting though.

Shadow would be a gamble without my wife playing it first and I don;t have easy access to one.

#171 4 years ago
    Quoted from HoakyPoaky:

What "Data East thing"? That's a silly preconception if I've ever heard one. TFTC is a great shooting 90's title & lots of fun. Best DE best title hands down IMO.
    It's pretty simple tho. If you want a used Stern Pro, then just be patient & save up for one. Don't settle for something other than what you really want, because you'll likely regret it later. And don't listen to anyone's opinions other than your own because everyone has their own tastes & preferences.
    Happy hunting!

It's a not a preconception, it's my feeling when I play one. They feel off to me and I think it's likely just a flipper difference, but it's a real issue for me. I do remember liking TftC though, so I'll put some more time on it soon and see what I think now that I'm in the market.

I agree and I won't get something unless I really want it, but that could still be a $3k pin. I'm still pretty new to pinball and just enjoy playing. I'm looking forward to whatever I get and if it ends up not lasting a year, I'll have to sell it and try again. I'm up for that.

#172 4 years ago

The Shadow is my wife's favorite game. She likes the "toys"; the battlefield as a fun mini-game, you have a fun lock shot with the magnet, and both ramps have player controlled diverters.

#173 4 years ago
    Quoted from LargemouthAss:

I have a Road Show. It was my second pin and is my wife's favorite game. The Soren ROM made the game much better in my opinion. The issue with Road Show is that if Red and Ted are broken they are a real hassle to repair. Also the cabs are almost always faded but that does not bother me as it is set between two other machines. The multiball on Road Show really makes you a better player, to do well you have to be able to cradle multiple balls and transfer them effectively. If you can find one in good shape for $3,000 go for it.

Thanks for your thoughts. That's what always concerns me about these loaded games. More things that can break on you.

#174 4 years ago

Apologies for the delay. Indy=Indianapolis. That's where I'm at and that's where the RBION is too.

#175 4 years ago
    Quoted from Joniano:

Apologies for the delay. Indy=Indianapolis. That's where I'm at and that's where the RBION is too.

Any pics of the rbion?

#176 4 years ago

Here you go. Scoop wear and the wear around the "1", but otherwise good. Have a cliffy and was gonna rebuild the scoop, but got a NOS playfield instead.

20200224_175018 (resized).jpg20200224_175018 (resized).jpg20200224_175021 (resized).jpg20200224_175021 (resized).jpg20200224_175030 (resized).jpg20200224_175030 (resized).jpg20200224_175107 (resized).jpg20200224_175107 (resized).jpg20200224_175009 (resized).jpg20200224_175009 (resized).jpg
    #177 4 years ago

I'll just add that in my experience, it's hard to anticipate in advance how a particular game is going to "age" in a small collection. It's worth thinking things through, but only up to a point. If I were you, I'd keep an eye on what's for sale in your area, and when you see something that might fit the bill, check the reviews, see what (if anything) people said about in this thread, watch a little game play video... and then if you find yourself getting excited about it, buy it!

#178 4 years ago
    Quoted from MrFancy:

I'll just add that in my experience, it's hard to anticipate in advance how a particular game is going to "age" in a small collection. It's worth thinking things through, but only up to a point. If I were you, I'd keep an eye on what's for sale in your area, and when you see something that might fit the bill, check the reviews, see what (if anything) people said about in this thread, watch a little game play video... and then if you find yourself getting excited about it, buy it!

Thanks. That's pretty much how I'll have to do things, so that was the plan. I know what you mean. I can just try and get decent hands on time with the game before I buy and hope thats enough to make a good decision.

#179 4 years ago

Ush, get a WCS and be done with it! It's a flat out fun game from beginner's on up. Ripley's is also a good one that might hit your mode criteria a little more, but I would go WCS, it's a winner all around.

#180 4 years ago

In my opinion you are overthinking this. There are very few true stinkers of the WPC era and most of the DE games are close. I would stay away from the true stinkers like Gilligan, Hurricane, Party Zone and get the next available fairly priced good condition option that looks interesting. It would be different if you were trying to round out a collection with something a little different than what you already have. In your case the only restriction is price.

I also have limited myself to a single $3k pin collection. I had a Dredd and now Jackbot. Both would be great options as would the frequently mentioned WCS, BSD, or Road Show (w/ the mod code). I think No Fear looks like a killer pin for a single collection, but have yet to play one.

#181 4 years ago
    Quoted from snappahead:

TBH, I was expecting more people to suggest this game. It's one I've looked at a lot, but haven't played one. It looks like a lot of fun. Do you have to use the gun handles on top? That always looked weird to me.

You can use the regular flipper buttons, but the handles are more fun and potentially score more bonus also. I would second this game as an option. It was my only game for a couple years, and there is plenty to shoot for to keep it interesting. Close up the outlanes, and it's a fairly easy player also. Even now that I'm a much better player with a larger collection, shooting for the wizard mode can keep me entertained (and frustrated) for the entire evening. I would also give a vote to Jurassic Park. Although it tends to pretty brutal with the outlane drains.

#182 4 years ago

WCS94 is a good option. People love playing mine and everyone loves shooting for goals.
    I had never played it and tried it when I bought my Doctor Who. Liked it so much I bought it too. Plus the dog on the backglass reminds me of Underdog!

#183 4 years ago
    Quoted from Pablito350:

Ush, get a WCS and be done with it! It's a flat out fun game from beginner's on up. Ripley's is also a good one that might hit your mode criteria a little more, but I would go WCS, it's a winner all around.

I probably will do that if it comes up first. I'll just be waiting to see what shows up in the area since there's now a long list of games.

#184 4 years ago
    Quoted from HowardHurtz:

In my opinion you are overthinking this. There are very few true stinkers of the WPC era and most of the DE games are close. I would stay away from the true stinkers like Gilligan, Hurricane, Party Zone and get the next available fairly priced good condition option that looks interesting. It would be different if you were trying to round out a collection with something a little different than what you already have. In your case the only restriction is price.
    I also have limited myself to a single $3k pin collection. I had a Dredd and now Jackbot. Both would be great options as would the frequently mentioned WCS, BSD, or Road Show (w/ the mod code). I think No Fear looks like a killer pin for a single collection, but have yet to play one.

Probably. I have to remind myself that this isn't the last pin I'll ever buy..hopefully. If I had done a poll, Dredd, WCS, Road Show and Dracula would all be near the top. I have a lot of good options. Picking one is a big part of the fun.

#185 4 years ago
    Quoted from majorrager:

You can use the regular flipper buttons, but the handles are more fun and potentially score more bonus also. I would second this game as an option. It was my only game for a couple years, and there is plenty to shoot for to keep it interesting. Close up the outlanes, and it's a fairly easy player also. Even now that I'm a much better player with a larger collection, shooting for the wizard mode can keep me entertained (and frustrated) for the entire evening. I would also give a vote to Jurassic Park. Although it tends to pretty brutal with the outlane drains.

Okay, that's good to know. Demo Man looks fun in video, so I hope I can check one out. I actually like the movie a lot too. Some of the callouts are a bit rough haha. I'll be playing a JP soon.

#186 4 years ago
    Quoted from snappahead:

Probably. I have to remind myself that this isn't the last pin I'll ever buy..hopefully. If I had done a poll, Dredd, WCS, Road Show and Dracula would all be near the top. I have a lot of good options. Picking one is a big part of the fun.

Comparison;

Bram Stoker's Dracula - Williams 1993,
    $3140-3660.
    Ranked #44

Judge Dredd - Bally 1993,
    $2680-3120. Ranked #54

World cup Soccer - Bally 1994,
    $2590-3010.
    Ranked #64

Red and Ted's Roadshow - Williams 1994,
    $3050-3550.
    Ranked #65

#187 4 years ago
    Quoted from snappahead:

Exactly ! Keep in mind that the market is quite stable at this price point provided that you take good care of your game, so you will be able to resell it when you’re done with it and buy another game.

#188 4 years ago
    Quoted from adol75:

Exactly ! Keep in mind that the market is quite stable at this price point provided that you take good care of your game, so you will be able to resell it when you’re done with it and buy another game.

I've definitely seen the stability. Been watching the market for a couple years now and things have stayed pretty much the same or gone up. Hopefully, it stays that way.

#189 4 years ago

@christhepintern has a WCS for sale I do believe. And i KNOW it to be in excellent working order, as I have done a good chunk of the work on it.

#190 4 years ago
    Quoted from HoakyPoaky:

Happy hunting!

I've owned TFTC twice and liked it a lot but DE was putting out clunky(mechanically loud) machines that all played the same. DMD graphics were recycled a lot, same as sound effects. The modes were all the same. 2 holes in the playfield with a subway to the lower one for the eject. Spinner switches modes, either hole in the playfield starts the mode. Gets repetitive. But I still liked it

Just saying there is such a thing as the "DE thing".

#191 4 years ago
    Quoted from MrMikeman:

I've owned TFTC twice and liked it a lot but DE was putting out clunky(mechanically loud) machines that all played the same. DMD graphics were recycled a lot, same as sound effects. The modes were all the same. 2 holes in the playfield with a subway to the lower one for the eject. Spinner switches modes, either hole in the playfield starts the mode. Gets repetitive. But I still liked it

Just saying there is such a thing as the "DE thing".

I had one for around 3 years and I hated it every single day that I owned it. Near the end, it was torture to play it. I know why people seek it out... I suppose it's all about the theme. But, it seems like DE has better games to offer pure pinball players that don't care much for "themes". LAH, Tommy, and a few others are much better designed DE machines for cheaper.

#192 4 years ago

Had a great time at the arcade today with my wife. I was surprised by how much we enjoyed Fish Tales. She had fun in spite of the theme and I enjoyed it too. The music is brutal and neither of us care for the theme, but the art package is really well done and it's fun to shoot. My apologies for doubting you, FT. We liked Dirty Harry too even though it was incredibly uneven and leaning comically to one side.

We played Dr. Who, but the pinball gods smited us and we couldn't hit a shot on it to save our lives. One bricked shot after another. Not the games fault, but we never came back to it and I'd like to spend more time with it since it seems like a cool game and I know people really like it.

BSD was the butt kicker I expected and while she loved theme and features like the mist multiball, I think she was intimidated by the quick drains.

JM was pretty solid for both of us. I don't like the scoop in the middle of the playfield since we both hit it over and over accidentally, but otherwise, I thought it was a solid game. One flipper was a bit messed up so it wasn't a fair judgement, but it was still fun so that says something.

I had a really good time with TftC. Those wireforms are a blast to shoot and the theme is so perfect for us. Unfortunately, she kept draining and wasn't able to have much fun with it and the audio was turned down so the sound effects and call outs were hard to here, but watching me play, I think she saw what it's capable of. It's a really fun game. This game was also leaning quite a bit.

Sadly, a lot of games they had that I wanted to play had issues and we weren't able to try them. X-Men, LAH and JP were all down and they didn't have WCS, Shadow, WPT, Jack Bot, Judge Dredd or Ripleys, so the search for those will continue. There's some other options in and around Nashville, so I'll try to make it out to those when I can.

Thanks again to everyone that took the time to recommend games or give advice and thoughts.

#193 4 years ago
    Quoted from snappahead:

Had a great time at the arcade today with my wife. I was surprised by how much we enjoyed Fish Tales. She had fun in spite of the theme and I enjoyed it too. The music is brutal and neither of us care for the theme, but the art package is really well done and it's fun to shoot. My apologies for doubting you, FT. We liked Dirty Harry too even though it was incredibly uneven and leaning comically to one side.
    We played Dr. Who, but the pinball gods smited us and we couldn't hit a shot on it to save our lives. One bricked shot after another. Not the games fault, but we never came back to it and I'd like to spend more time with it since it seems like a cool game and I know people really like it.
    BSD was the butt kicker I expected and while she loved theme and features like the mist multiball, I think she was intimidated by the quick drains.
    JM was pretty solid for both of us. I don't like the scoop in the middle of the playfield since we both hit it over and over accidentally, but otherwise, I thought it was a solid game. One flipper was a bit messed up so it wasn't a fair judgement, but it was still fun so that says something.
    I had a really good time with TftC. Those wireforms are a blast to shoot and the theme is so perfect for us. Unfortunately, she kept draining and wasn't able to have much fun with it and the audio was turned down so the sound effects and call outs were hard to here, but watching me play, I think she saw what it's capable of. It's a really fun game. This game was also leaning quite a bit.
    Sadly, a lot of games they had that I wanted to play had issues and we weren't able to try them. X-Men, LAH and JP were all down and they didn't have WCS, Shadow, WPT, Jack Bot, Judge Dredd or Ripleys, so the search for those will continue. There's some other options in and around Nashville, so I'll try to make it out to those when I can.
    Thanks again to everyone that took the time to recommend games or give advice and thoughts.

Which one really stood out?

#194 4 years ago
    Quoted from snappahead:

Had a great time at the arcade today with my wife. I was surprised by how much we enjoyed Fish Tales. She had fun in spite of the theme and I enjoyed it too. The music is brutal and neither of us care for the theme, but the art package is really well done and it's fun to shoot. My apologies for doubting you, FT.

Ha!

Really the music is awesome for its time. Tons of unique music for different modes and screens. The HScore song is a steel drum number! Awesome callouts.

You really can't help but hit Start again and again.

Then again, I was a fishing guide...but I fell in love with it when I was in college and it was in the local 7-11.

#195 4 years ago
    Quoted from Daditude:

Which one really stood out?

I forgot to mention the Transformers pro. The easy shots, avoidable drains and ability to pick good or evil really worked for my wife. The longer ball times allowed her to have a lot of fun on it and it was one of the main games she talked about when we left along with FT and surprisingly, DH.

As for me, if I had to pick one of them now, I'd get Fish Tales I think. It surprised me. In person, the game looks great and shoots just as well. TftC is a second choice. Loved the shots and theme.

#196 4 years ago
    Quoted from guitarded:

Ha!
    Really the music is awesome for its time. Tons of unique music for different modes and screens. The HScore song is a steel drum number! Awesome callouts.
    You really can't help but hit Start again and again.
    Then again, I was a fishing guide...but I fell in love with it when I was in college and it was in the local 7-11.

Haha, man it's a lot coming at you with that music. The machine we were playing was cranked up pretty loud so that might've added to the obnoxiousness. Great game though.

#197 4 years ago
    Quoted from snappahead:

I forgot to mention the Transformers pro. The easy shots, avoidable drains and ability to pick good or evil really worked for my wife. The longer ball times allowed her to have a lot of fun on it and it was one of the main games she talked about when we left along with FT and surprisingly, DH.
    As for me, if I had to pick one of them now, I'd get Fish Tales I think. It surprised me. In person, the game looks great and shoots just as well. TftC is a second choice. Loved the shots and theme.

You may be able to find a transformers pro for the upper end of what you mentioned earlier in the thread (3500ish), dirty harry and tftc have been going up and up, but are still in that area as well. Both are great games. DH is on my own personal "wishlist" too.

FT is always a solid choice. Definitely underpriced.

Play as much as you can on them and get a feel for what y'all enjoy the most. Just remember, it's ok to be on the lookout for options. You can see whatever pops up at a decent price, and just go for that. If you focus on a single pin you "have to have, " you typically overpay.

#198 4 years ago
    Quoted from snappahead:

Great game though.

For as simple as it is (layout) there are a lot of different ways to rack up points. If you want it to flow and progress towards them you can concentrate on some combos. Orbits advance your Captured ball Awards and give you Long Cast + Fast Cast Bonus when hit in combo with the Caster's Club. When you can throw a nice boat combo in the middle you are advancing to Monster Fish at the same time.
    The Fish Finder is basically a Mystery Award and some can lead to big points. SuperJets + Multiball w/ Auto Save can roll up the digits fast!

Lots of different ways to play FT and score big...

And a lot of different ways to get burned when you get indecisive.

[Besides the 'Tournament' nonsense of trying for either Jackpots or Monster Fish, only I mean. That make sit less fun, imo.]

And one thing to remember about a home pin, nastiness for poor shooting isn't necessarily a bad thing.
    It's set on Free Play.

You'll get'em next time!

#199 4 years ago
    Quoted from Daditude:

You may be able to find a transformers pro for the upper end of what you mentioned earlier in the thread (3500ish), dirty harry and tftc have been going up and up, but are still in that area as well. Both are great games. DH is on my own personal "wishlist" too.
    FT is always a solid choice. Definitely underpriced.
    Play as much as you can on them and get a feel for what y'all enjoy the most. Just remember, it's ok to be on the lookout for options. You can see whatever pops up at a decent price, and just go for that. If you focus on a single pin you "have to have, " you typically overpay.

Yeah, it looks like the game I'll end up with will be $3.5k or a little more. I agree, I'll just be on the lookout for something close by at the right price.

#200 4 years ago
    Quoted from guitarded:

For as simple as it is (layout) there are a lot of different ways to rack up points. If you want it to flow and progress towards them you can concentrate on some combos. Orbits advance your Captured ball Awards and give you Long Cast + Fast Cast Bonus when hit in combo with the Caster's Club. When you can throw a nice boat combo in the middle you are advancing to Monster Fish at the same time.
    The Fish Finder is basically a Mystery Award and some can lead to big points. SuperJets + Multiball w/ Auto Save can roll up the digits fast!
    Lots of different ways to play FT and score big...
    And a lot of different ways to get burned when you get indecisive.
    [Besides the 'Tournament' nonsense of trying for either Jackpots or Monster Fish, only I mean. That make sit less fun, imo.]
    And one thing to remember about a home pin, nastiness for poor shooting isn't necessarily a bad thing.
    It's set on Free Play.
    You'll get'em next time!

Good stuff. Thanks. I agree that a tough games not a thing..especially at home other than my wife not having fun.

There are 239 posts in this topic. You are on page 4 of 5.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/3k-on-a-single-pin-collection/page/4?hl=adol75 and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.