IMG_0561_(resized).JPG
20160128_172955_(resized).jpg
CREATURE_(resized).jpg
Revenge-from-Mars-monster-movies-37244583-958-602_(resized).jpg
image_(resized).jpeg
image_(resized).jpeg
MMR_3D_Translite_1_(resized).jpg
MMR_3D_Translite_(resized).jpg

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider taxman.
Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

#7 8 years ago

Pretty cool.

#78 8 years ago

Now MMr people can finally get the Williams logo on the game

#85 8 years ago
Quoted from CraigC:

why is the tower with the long hair flowing out of it not attached to anything? I dig the whole project, but that stood out to me.
-c

Damn. It is because of how they picked to separate the planes. That tower is supposed to be attached to the left where the guy is now floating in mid air rather than hanging out the window.

Now it is like the LOTR-SE backglass with the HD. As soon as you see it you can't un-see it. And it is now the main thing I see.

And to the right of the hair that guy is supposed to be dumping garbage off the main wall. He is floating from nowhere now also. The whole left side is messed up.

#120 8 years ago
Quoted from pinmister:

Did Robin eliminate the option for GIFS on Pinside? I tried loading one the other day and was denied as well.

Seems that way. The animated gif gets turned into a png.

#123 8 years ago
Quoted from CraigC:

you know, if anyone ever wants me to quality check anything I'm open to it as I seem to always find these things instantly for some reason. I've seen things in CPR stuff, the LOTR HD (cant remember if it was me or Korn that saw it right away, but we were standing side by side when we named it), and this... you know it never hurts to have an anal fault seeking pair of eyes there to help you out.
I also do playfield swaps without taking pictures, so must just be how I'm wired.
-c

Just post them here before printing. The more eyes the better.

This is bad to me. I can't ignore it now. And if I loved these like I did ColorDMD they would spread and I would have 10 in a row. MM, MB, AFM, WH2O, . . . As soon as you have a few the games next to them look bland. But I would say for the money the error is too much. Look awesome otherwise.

1 week later
#169 8 years ago
Quoted from mayuh:

Shhhhhh.....
» YouTube video
...needs a little cleaning, 3D testing, rendering... and maybe then it's time for some 4-handed green ugly guys?! Who knows...

Youtube is blocked. You have this as a GIF again? WH2O and Creech are 2 of my top 5 games ever.

1 week later
#216 8 years ago
Quoted from indypinhead:

Yes, It's VERY noticeable.

Thank you for being honest. Most people defend purchases since they have an investment. I just hope you don't get a double-poke and we find out after they sell the ones with errors they fix it and re-run. That would be rude.

I'm sure it is pretty cool looking. I love lenticular and if I had bare walls would consider a few titles just for wall art.

Oh, do you have incandescent or LEDs? And if they are color LEDs how do the look behind this. One good thing is I bet the light refraction on a side to side lenticular lessens the about of glare the transight has on the playfield glass. Let us know.

#244 8 years ago
Quoted from mayuh:

I just received my translite and showed it to my employees. They're trained in 3D. None of them could find any errors. Not even, when I told them where to look.
If you'd like to know why, here's the explanation: when you look at the translite from the players point of view, that 'error' is in the exact right spot, right where it is supposed to be. There, I said it it's simply impossible to see it, when not moving to the far left or right.
And no, it's not trivial to find issues with the gif, because it's simply too low res.
Well, anyway, I just finished a skyline, an explosion, some flying UFOs and tomorrow I'll work on our green corn boys from another planet
But RFM? That's a hell of a job to finish... But I'm really looking forward to it!

image_(resized).jpeg

Very cool. Does anything special have to be done to the lenticular where there is a clear hole in the original to a backbox light? Does a hole get cut in the lenticular before it is applied to the artwork? This should look awesome.

#254 8 years ago
Quoted from PWhiz:

^Yes, excellent packaging.
Also, not saying that the MM 3D translite helped me achieve a new GC score of 304mil and beat BftK for the first time yesterday, but...

I think you need to set your game a bit harder. Even if you are one of the best in the world that is a high score. Bowen didn't break 100M during the PAPA video and he considered it a decent score.

1 week later
#273 8 years ago
Quoted from mayuh:

...as I spoiled the next title already - yeah, it is AFM - I thought I might also give you the final fly-through as a little teaser for the weekend...
» YouTube video
I have no idea what the next titles will be, and from here on, I will hand out those screenshots, movies, etc. to the guys in charge, so they can post them accordingly.
Damn, I need a AFM. Now.

That was quick. Really cranking these out.

Very nice. There is way more depth than I expected. It looks like a real 3-D cardboard cutout.

That's what I don't get. It actually changes focus. Since it is really 2-D simulating 3-D why does the focus change between the wording in the background and girl / Martian in front. Is it the rendering software for the video doing that? Wild.

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider taxman.
Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/3d-translites-to-come-mm-available-end-of-jan?tu=taxman and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.