IMG_0561_(resized).JPG
20160128_172955_(resized).jpg
CREATURE_(resized).jpg
Revenge-from-Mars-monster-movies-37244583-958-602_(resized).jpg
image_(resized).jpeg
image_(resized).jpeg
MMR_3D_Translite_1_(resized).jpg
MMR_3D_Translite_(resized).jpg

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider MustangPaul.
Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

#12 8 years ago

I was wondering when someone was going to start making these for different titles. I'd LOVE one for my Batman Forever and Met Pro

#31 8 years ago
Quoted from Aurich:

Lenticular look. Just like the 3D Tron one. So it will have a little bit of a blurred look, that's the tradeoff for the 3D.

Oh Aurich your ST tl would look GREAT done this way. The ship would look like it was REALLY orbiting the planet.

#36 8 years ago
Quoted from Aurich:

Ha yeah, a ship in space with a planet would be a great use of it. Never happen, but it's a good idea.

I know....just dreamin.

#39 8 years ago
Quoted from TopMoose:

I hope they don't take the ColorDMD model

That's not the way Color DMD did it, you should know that by now.

#49 8 years ago
Quoted from jkdblaze:

You gotta do CFTBL and RFM. They both literally say "in 3D" on the translite!

I'd buy that for sure.

#69 8 years ago
Quoted from Pinball-Dreams:

Hi pinheads,
MANY thanks for your kind feedback - really appreciate it !!! Very curious what you think of the finished product - prototypes look really great - thats at least what people over here said when they saw it.
So...we already prepared artwork for: AFM, No Fear, Monster Bash, Creature, White Water, Dracula, Tom...of course it is not clear yet which titles we are allowed to do...creature of course would be a blast but seems difficult due to licenses...lets see
Have a great day - till very soon
cheers
Henrik

You guys are gonna be sooooo swamped with orders for different games you'll be busy for YEARS so I'll add a couple. Batman Forever and RFM here please.

#71 8 years ago
Quoted from indypinhead:

Diner
Riverboat Gambler
TZ
NGG
Indy 500
I'd buy those

Dang....that's a cool 1k.

#77 8 years ago

You MM guys are really lucky to be the first. Your the first cuz now they can sell a gazillion of them and make a boat load of money that they can put into making more titles and make more boat loads of money etc. It's called the "snowball" effect.

#79 8 years ago
Quoted from Taxman:

Now MMr people can finally get the Williams logo on the game

Oh that's cold. ..........but funny.

#82 8 years ago
Quoted from mario_1_up:

It will not be done. Too much for license.

You have some inside info you'd like to share.

#86 8 years ago
Quoted from CraigC:

why is the tower with the long hair flowing out of it not attached to anything? I dig the whole project, but that stood out to me.
-c

Yeah that is pretty funny.....just hangin in mid air.

#94 8 years ago
Quoted from pudluther:

man, i'd LOVE to see a 3D version of DE Star Wars

I second that.

#101 8 years ago
Quoted from Aurich:

One thing to keep in mind with the GIF is it's not really a true representation of what it will look like in person. Those lenticular displays give you an illusion of depth from head on, but it's not going to truly wiggle around in 3D like that. The funny bits with the tower might actually look fine in person.

But if people move side to side they'd see it. That's what the GIF was representing I think.

#104 8 years ago
Quoted from Aurich:

Sort of. Have you seen the 3D Tron one? It has depth, but it's not like you can move side to side and see it, the image starts to do that lenticular "jump" effect once you move too far off center.

Yes I have seen it. Love my Avatar tl. I'm just thinking that that part of the image should be tied to another layer to correct it is all.

#139 8 years ago
Quoted from lschmidlin:

I've had my MM for about 15 years and like to think of it as as collector qualitiy. Meaning, I cherish this game and love every part of it. I have replaced just about every piece of this game with original parts.
With that said, would I put this translate on my somewhat mint machine with the error? Absolutely. Without question. Why? These guys have done a phenomenal job on it. And while the error is indisputable – Pinball Dreams stepped up, admitted it, and was very honest about their approach. I value that in a company.
But here's a bigger reason – yes, the error can be viewed as significant – however I simply feel that it is completely in-line with the goofy theme of the game. The fact that the tower detaches is in-sync with the entire translate that has intentional goofiness drawn into it.
Heck look at your machine, the tower in question is the only one that doesn't actually appear on the playfield (!!!) – so why shouldn't it be floating in from the left trying to make its way into the game? I just think there's some good humor here that's consistent with the overall theme of the artwork.
Honestly, I think Pinball Dreams needs to sell this mistake. Admit the error, as they have done, but also take the approach that the mistake is completely consistent with the theme of the game.
Just my opinion – and highly debatable of course - so you don't have to tell me 100 reasons why I'm wrong – I value your opinion as well - but I look at the silliness of the mistake and I look at the intended silliness of the rest of the artwork and I'm really cool putting this on my relatively mint machine.

So have you ordered one? Just asking.

#142 8 years ago
Quoted from lschmidlin:

I did. It's an amazing mod for $200 – mistake and all. Again, just my opinion and I know it's debatable.

Yeah you MM owners are really lucky, if I had the game I'd buy one no problem.

#144 8 years ago
Quoted from spfxted:

I may buy one and I don't even like the game....

Me too and put it in a light box.

1 week later
#164 8 years ago
Quoted from HerrBerzerk:

Hello Pinsiders,
I just registered here for this single topic (so why not participate here at pinside from now on ), because I want to tell you about my experiences with the 3D MM-Translite I made last friday.
Two words about me: First Pinball in 1977 and collector since then. Also repairing and restoring arcade machines.
I was on a Pinball-Event at Pinball-Dreams last Friday and was eager to see the new translite. I did not read about the 3d-Bug before. So Henrik from PD showed the translite to me and I was really stunned how good it was. I did see some prototypes like 2 years ago and I always thought that this 3D-translite will never happen because they looked so blurry back then.
So after a minute or two, Henrik told me about this bug and asked me to find it. Now honestly, I was examing the whole translite for minutes and did not see anything. I was asking him for a hint, he said search in the left third. -Nothing-. -Another hint please-. -Top left quarter-. -Nothing-. Finally, he asked me to look at the tower with the damsel and I saw it.
You might think I'm blind but actually I'm pretty good in finding bugs.
He told me about about the discussion about this bug at pinside, so I was curious to read this thread. And now it urges me to let you participate in my experience. You might think that I'm writing this on behalf of Pinball Dreams, but thats not the case. This was exactly what happened.
I might add that the effect on the animated GIF is really irritating. The GIF is exaggerating the bug a lot. In reality it is much unobtrusive. Probably because you are not continuously jumping 12 feet from left to right in front of your pinball machine, like this GIF is doing. My guess is, that some people from here will confirm that, when the first translites are delivered.
Have fun,
Frank

Nice read Frank and it's nice to see you here on Pinside. Where are you from?

#166 8 years ago
Quoted from HerrBerzerk:

Hi MustangPaul,
I'm from Germany.
Frank

Cool, another German pinball fan. You guys are an inventive bunch over there.

#171 8 years ago

Revenge from Mars? YES YES YES!!! It's small and won't take long.

#179 8 years ago
Quoted from epthegeek:

Wherever shills come from?

Hey he's giving his opinion and what he experienced. How is that a shill? We all do the same thing when we find a mod that we like.

#198 8 years ago

Does it come with 3D glasses? Active or passive?

#203 8 years ago
Quoted from j_m_:

I would probably be in for one for RFM if it happens

That makes 6 of us.

#207 8 years ago
Quoted from rubberducks:

Active. You have to solder a power supply wire to them from the machine's high voltage supply.

Oh good...cuz with passive it cuts the rez in half and I'd hate that.

1 week later
#296 8 years ago
Quoted from PPS:

This item is a merchandise item, and not a pinball item (even though most people would think), same for WMS. studio agreements for Mdse vs Pinball parts are way different and way more expensive as the opporunity is way larger (aka Hasbro toy, Walmart shirts, etc), and as such studios usually do not talk about mdse agreements without $100K pre-pay ... so, if someone wants to come up with that, then we are ready to do it for all of the major studio titles.

So I guess Batman Forever would be out?

#309 8 years ago
Quoted from j_m_:

RFM_(resized).jpg
these martians agree and approve that comment (as long as they are included too!

Well the martians my want some kind of kick back for using their images.

#311 8 years ago
Quoted from PPS:

We own the martians They work for cheese ...

Cheese.

1 week later
#321 8 years ago
Quoted from wiggy07:

Just Installed Mine Also:
Blog Post
MOD INSTALL : 3-D LENTICULAR MEDIEVAL MADNESS TRANSLITE
https://pinballsupernova.wordpress.com/2016/02/25/mod-install-3-d-lenticular-medieval-madness-translite/
Video :
» YouTube video

dsc01390_2_(resized).jpgdsc01397_2_(resized).jpg

Is that with just white leds behind it?

2 years later
#359 5 years ago
Quoted from SeaLawyer:

Just finding this. Too bad they never did an Addams. You'd think for over 20K machines sold, it'd be their biggest market.

Most likely licensing problems.

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider MustangPaul.
Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/3d-translites-to-come-mm-available-end-of-jan?tu=MustangPaul and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.