totan_fu (resized).jpg
20171227_181909 (resized).jpg
20171227_181909 (resized).jpg
BOP1 (resized).jpg
Funhouse  (resized).jpg
Title (resized).jpg
1FFF3A95-D16B-4050-874C-036B9A6C3D44 (resized).jpeg
6E735FA8-3F1B-4647-A089-9BF1B230B61A (resized).jpeg

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider mustangpaul.
Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

#45 7 years ago

Oh man that REALLY makes me want the RFM tl done. Your sooooo cruel.

#51 7 years ago
Quoted from AlexSMendes:

Guys, a little off-topic here.... I just got an opportunity to aqcuire a perfect-condition RFM for a good price... I'm not that fond of Pinball 2000 but.... can you convince me otherwise?

If it's in that good of shape and the price is that good go for it. Have you played one before? The pf is shorter then a regular pf and that takes some getting used to and remember the glass is MIA so if you ever need a new piece your gonna be SOL.

1 week later
#59 7 years ago
Quoted from mbaumle:

I might have to consider one of these 3D ones though. How do they compare to the kind used on Avatar? I've always thought it looked a little blurry.

My friend has a MM and it makes my Avatar tl look like trash. He put a few colored leds and flashers in his and it's a thing of pure pinball beauty. BUY IT! If they made it for RFM I'd buy it in a second.

#68 7 years ago
Quoted from j_m_:

RFM? (fingers crossed)

Oh yeah...it's half the size so it should take half as long and be half the price.

#70 7 years ago
Quoted from mayuh:

AFM only had 7 layers. I was done in about a week after pinball dreams did the awesome photoshop work. wh2o has about 20 individual 3D layers/detailed objects. Just check the videos I posted.
RFM: I let you do the counting of the possible layers I stopped at 80...
There is so much going on in this picture, and that helps a lot with 3D. Though 3D conversion is a lot of work of course, that photoshop job pinball dreams is doing is most important. The most amount of work is on dissecting the objects and fill in the background. TOM has around 50 objects. Some which are partially hidden by translucent objects again. Fun stuff
Anyway, back to RFM. As it is installed rather close to the player we switched to the new technology in the first place. So, yeah, chances are pretty good we see that happen. Depending on PPS and pd getting stuff licensed anything can be done. I personally look forward to funhouse and fishtales. And BoP, F14, ... Well, everything I own

Thanks for letting us know how difficult it would be for RFM. Wow 80 layers and stopped counting, I knew there would be a lot but I never imagined over 80 on such a small picture.

#73 7 years ago
Quoted from Gov:

That just means it will be 80x more awesome!!!

True that. Then if we could dump that tube light and put a real light board in back with placed sockets for leds we could REALLY make it EXPLODE with color. A friend of mine put some colored leds behind his 3d tl and it was STUNNING! You couldn't take your eyes off it

#86 7 years ago
Quoted from mayuh:

While you do some magic, because mars kneads women!

Is that a hint that RFM is next?

#91 7 years ago
Quoted from mayuh:

Naaaahhhhh... I wouldn't dare to spoil the next three titles in just one sentence, would I?

Oh your sooooo cruel. I just want to know so I have time to case a bank I'll have to rob to pay for it.

2 weeks later
#133 7 years ago
Quoted from TKDalumni:

How will LED's look behind these? or Colored ones, etc

A friend of mine has them in his original MM and it looks fantastic.

1 week later
#170 7 years ago
Quoted from PPS:

and likely Revenge From Mars,

OH MAN!!! I'll pay for mine right now.

#174 7 years ago
Quoted from PPS:

oh ... and I forgot Bride of Pinbot ...

oh don't do this to me....I bought the mirrored repro bg just last year.

#201 7 years ago
Quoted from whitey:

Just received my 3d translites, installed AFM and MM
And pictures don't do justice, the depth it gives is amazing. Only problem there like color dmds,I want one for every game.adding some color leds and they look amazing. standing directly in front of the game , crazyb

Oh how I wish RFM had normal tl back board lights instead of that damn florescent bulb, I would LOVE to be able to color it like you can with yours.

#210 7 years ago
Quoted from colonel_caverne:

like I'm a normal person (presumably ), so i suppose i would make the difference even in front of it.

Have you seen the Avatar 3d tl? It's waaaaaay better then that.

1 month later
#273 7 years ago
Quoted from Giulio:

Hello there. Me too I did not like the fluorescent bulb. The ballast and the tube get hot and can ruin the original translite. I just disconnected ballast/fluorescent tube and sticked on the tube two very nice RGB led strips ! It looks awesome (and stay cold). You connect the strips to 5v molex on pc, the strips are remoted only to change colors or to set the proper color fading, it's very nice indeed. You use the remote just to change these settings as once set to ON they light on when you power on RFM machine. I did put led strip also on the top and rear of the backbox and ...cool (this RGB led set I had to connect via external outlet but could be done internally with some efforts).
In the pic is a test color combination. You can change whatever color you want with fading effects or fixed colors for translite backlight led/backbox&rear, actually I use warm white with green on the rear/top of the backbox.
I'm definitively IN for RFM 3D Translite !
Cheers,
Giulio

Sorry but I'm not a fan of this, I like to see all the different colors of the tl. I replaced the florescent bulb with an led one, no heat to worry about and it uses 1/3 the power.

1 week later
#285 7 years ago
Quoted from j_m_:

very cool. I'm really interested to see how RFM comes out
do you need a beta tester?

Hey....I asked about a RFM before you did so "I" get to be the beta tester.

2 weeks later
#311 7 years ago
Quoted from Mancave:

Turned up in the mail yesterday
One word.....STUNNING!!!
Many thanks for giving people the opportunity to win these prototypes mate, it's very generous and extremely appreciated!
I can highly recommend these 3D translites, look awesome, easy to mount and light up beautifully. As has been stated in this thread it's nigh on impossible to photograph them in their true glory.
Taking pride of place on my machine, Cheers

I take it that your gonna get a RFM when it comes out.

2 weeks later
#337 7 years ago
Quoted from PPS:

then I believe RFM.

Do I just send you the money now.

#344 7 years ago
Quoted from mayuh:

RFM is the next one, that's for sure

My money is ready. RFM FINALLY gets some love from the mod sector. There are only a few of us making mods for this game.

1 week later
#366 7 years ago
Quoted from littlecammi:

I already have the 3D translite for AFM and just saw the others up close at Expo. I think the 3D Fish Tales looked the best (even with the background somewhat blurry) and WhiteWater looked the worst (of the four already available). But based on what I've seen I will be in on 3D translites for ToM and RFM (which are expected to be the next two produced).

Like you I can't wait for the RFM but I'm wondering how well that one tube in back will light it up. I hope the led tube in mine will light it up good.

2 weeks later
#400 7 years ago
Quoted from mayuh:

Damn this RFM translite is complex... 40 layers and counting...

Well there's a lot going on on that image. This ones gonna rock. I can't wait. Now if someone would come up with a proper light board designed for the art your on the tl it would REALLY pop. I've seen what proper color bulbs did for MM and it's just jaw dropping.

Thanks for your hard work.

#402 7 years ago

Yeah and put the cop cars and helos waaaaaay behind the car.

3 weeks later
#403 7 years ago

Mighty quiet round these here parts.

#406 7 years ago
Quoted from Mancave:

You are hanging for RFM ain't ya ........me TOOOOOOOO

Yup. That's the last mod I can think of to put on it.

#410 7 years ago

WOW!!! SPECTACULAR!!! Your goin balls out on this one. I may have to get 2, one for the game and one for wall art. What kind of a deal could I get on 2?

#413 7 years ago
Quoted from j_m_:

I like the fact that RFM is one of the later releases which has given mayuh time to hone his craft make it look as good as good as it does
now, I need to start getting all of my props in order to win that prototype translite

That and there are sooooo many elements in the picture, This one is gonna be the best one yet.

What you havin Bill and Hillery come over for a cameo? Or maybe do some "creative" editing with some of their footage.

1 week later
#418 7 years ago
Quoted from mayuh:

Time for an update!
I'm 90% done with RFM. I really hope no future backglass is as complex as this one... I could have converted 3-4 others in the time it took for RFM. Seriously each and every layer could easily be a 3D translite of its own...
Youssi clearly never thought of 3D conversion
It should be ready before xmas to do the prototypes.
Stay tuned!

I have my money ready and waiting, just waiting for the nod from you.

#422 7 years ago
Quoted from dawasa:

Purchased Whitewater 3D translites, but it was all scratched up. Waited 2 weeks for return label, then 2 weeks for replacement, it was scratched even worse. One example attached. Quality control seems to be an issue. Shipping boxes perfectly intact, can't blame shipper. Still waiting on refund.

Man that sucks.

#426 7 years ago
Quoted from Kerry_Richard:

I would like to know where to buy TOM 3D translight as well. I went to BayAreaAmusements and nothing there.

Don't you have to get it from Rick at PPS?

#440 7 years ago
Quoted from CaptainNeo:

exactly, this is why people should not use colored bulbs in backglasses or GI's. completely destroys any of the art that is there.

Quoted from CaptainNeo:

exactly, this is why people should not use colored bulbs in backglasses or GI's. completely destroys any of the art that is there.

Or the inserts.

2 weeks later
#450 7 years ago
Quoted from NeilMcRae:

got the ToM 3D translate!!! wow!

Nice. A friend of mine has the game so I wonder if he's gonna get one. I'd love to see one.

#452 7 years ago
Quoted from mayuh:

RfM Status: 98% done ...I'm on it

Oh boy oh boy oh boy. Can't wait to get this. The money is burning a hole in my pocket.

1 week later
#454 7 years ago
Quoted from mayuh:

Naughty little Martian... he's so dominant. But we nailed him. Now. The third time...

That's lookin GREAT. I'm gonna get a couple of them. Is it possible to make his eyes follow you when you move?

#456 7 years ago
Quoted from mayuh:

...unfortunately only in 2D. We need the extra pics that are used for that sort of animation to make the stereoscopic impression work. 42 - 64 unique views to be exact

OK, I was just wondering. Your doing such a wonderful job on this, we are really lucky that you are doing this. How many layers are you up to?

#459 7 years ago
Quoted from mayuh:

Thanks! I must also thank Henrik and his crew (Ulrich) for doing such an awesome job in Photoshop. Every gap, all the background is completly new and perfectly touched up and reconstructed.
Layers?...phew, at least 10, maybe 12 )))
I let you do the maths...
Anyway, this time I went for a new approach due to the massive number of layers and overlapping. We sculpted most of the objects.
Maybe some day I will have the real good ones 3D printed. I have a cool company in the neighborhood, that can do 3D prints with color: https://www.layerlab.net/sculpture (german unfortunately, but scroll down, you get the idea )

Wow. But that's all Greek to me.

#468 7 years ago
Quoted from mayuh:

4 layers to go... grab your anaglyph glasses....

I can hardly wait.

#474 7 years ago
Quoted from mayuh:

RFM done. Cold beer: Needed!
Flythrough... coming soon (ish) - Prototype has priority
Damn, I love the cow! She's my favorite - MOO MOO )
Those spikes at the edges of the layers are just artefacts that occur when the layers' 3D resolution doesn't match the pixel resolution. 128Gb of RAM is just too little

Well come on over and I'll buy you that beer....and a few more. My money is ready whenever you are.

#477 7 years ago
Quoted from Mancave:

+ 2 and i'll throw in some good ol homebrew whisky also

What kind of rot gut you tryin to pawn off now.

#482 7 years ago
Quoted from mayuh:

...standard gear in my company's sever room

Beer?

#485 7 years ago

Beer are work, that's crazy. That vid is unbelievable, the way you can see "around" picture elements.I know it won't look that clean in real life but WOW it's stunning. I'm gonna have a local group buy so I hope we can get a few bucks off. OUTSTANDING job on this one. I hope the first one from the printer comes out great and you don't have to "tweak" anything.

#490 7 years ago
Quoted from Jean-Luc-Picard:

I bet the 3D cleavage looks amazing.

I don't think the Martian has cleavage.

#491 7 years ago
Quoted from mayuh:

I just love to do them, no matter what time it takes.
Get it right, or die trying

I'm glad your on our side.

#494 7 years ago
Quoted from Jean-Luc-Picard:

Our office has 6 floors and we have 2 kegs on each floor. Pretty typical for tech companies in California.
BTW, anxiously excited for RFM, any word on when it will be available for purchase?

Dang that's nuts. LOL

I imagine when all is said and done probably a month till PPS has them ready to ship.

#498 7 years ago
Quoted from Mancave:

I guess technically speaking i was the first to have one winning the prototype and every time i even walk past the machine i always stop, admire, move side to side These are truly awesome. I'd be up for a Judge Dredd one for sure, and BOP

He's gonna be busy for the rest of his life making these. Talk about job security. Don't forget about Getaway.

3 weeks later
#511 7 years ago
Quoted from mayuh:

In the meantime, pinball dreams finished dissecting the bride... so next title is on its way

OH NOOOOO!!! I bought a new mirrored one last year.

#514 7 years ago
Quoted from mollyspub:

So did I... Plus I'm using the 2.0 version that I'll never replace!

This hobby is nutz aint it....or are WE just nuts for being in it.

2 weeks later
#518 7 years ago

Can't wait for this, my game needs it sooooo bad.

IMG_0507 (resized).JPGIMG_0507 (resized).JPG

2 weeks later
#522 7 years ago

Great news, gives us time to save for it.

1 week later
#529 7 years ago
Quoted from TheBigDog:

WH20 is lacking in clarity, much more blurry compared to the others.

That was answered in a previous post by the maker. I can't find it right now.

#530 7 years ago

I just noticed that the bomb the jet is carrying says Gomez on it.

4c9fa7f9d831c79fb5acb8976df8b45e8095b3fe (resized).jpg4c9fa7f9d831c79fb5acb8976df8b45e8095b3fe (resized).jpg

#532 7 years ago
Quoted from mayuh:

In the video I did, I'm totally zoom/pan in on that at the end

Oh yeah I forgot.

#534 7 years ago
Quoted from TheBigDog:

i notice a significant difference between WH20 and the other 2, so does my son. Perhaps something is wrong with the one I received?

Read the above post.

#548 7 years ago
Quoted from PPS:

Revenge From Mars(tm) 3D Translites - are in and on the store ... check out the cool promo video in the description:
http://www.planetarypinball.com/mm5/merchant.mvc?Store_Code=PP&Screen=PROD&Product_Code=PPM-3D-RFM-TRANSLITE

It's a killer. Mike, the 4 piece trim for $11 is one piece the lift trim?

#556 7 years ago
Quoted from Zitt:

I doubt I can get work to fork over the cash for a BOP; but who knows.

Same here Zit and besides I have the mirrored repro in my game already and that wasn't cheap. But it sure would be cool to have 3 games with 3D tl's.

#561 7 years ago
Quoted from Gorgar1:

What a shame I'd love one

Yeah it would be a huge seller. But never say never in this hobby, right. Fingers crossed for you guys.

#572 7 years ago
Quoted from PPS:

It's noted in the description to cut it down. RFM pieces originally came in lengths that could have been different to better fit the translite, so we thought this was better to have customers cut them to their liking vs being disappointed with the original look.

Yup and it's the easiest thing to do to. I just ordered 3 today Rick and we can't wait to get them. Now if someone would make a normal but interactive back board for it that would be sooooo over the top. A friend of mine has the MM one and did his light board with matching leds and WOW does that enhance the 3D effect.

#578 7 years ago

Yup Funhouse. That was to easy this time. This is a great one to do, a LOT of layers on this one.

#581 7 years ago
Quoted from mayuh:

LOL! Compared to RFM this one is easy

I'll believe that. Almost 50 layers on RFM right? My 3 will be here any day now.

#583 7 years ago
Quoted from mayuh:

RFM had 74 incl. legal line, logos and the new background structure - it's actually an altered version of the original AFM explosion...
Damn, that RFM is great. I just got mine, and compared to the prototypes it has at least 50% more depth. And the blurry areas are really at an absolute minimum as they are all hidden by objects in front... I know self praise stinks, but that's mostly the work of our ingenious lenticular printer guy. So it's not self praise
A pity I don't own an RFM ;-( I think I need to build a light box for it

With a product this good self praise all you want, all you guys involved REALLY deserve it.

#584 6 years ago

Look what came today. I wish I could keep all 3. The 3d effect is stunning.

IMGA0111 (resized).JPGIMGA0111 (resized).JPG

#587 6 years ago
Quoted from mayuh:

Some work in progress sneak peak, before the actual promo video
» YouTube video

Oh nooooo not another one. You want me to die poor don't you. Looks great.

#590 6 years ago
Quoted from mayuh:

...still sexy after all those years! Grab your anaglyph glasses...
I'll submit the revised version for prototype print tomorrow. Rudy is coming along nicely too. It's the first time we do two translites simultaneously, but we need to catch up (RFM took a little longer - LOL!)

If I didn't have a mirrored bg already I'd get this. GREAT work.

#596 6 years ago
Quoted from mayuh:

Promo done... This time, I kept it slow and steady. She's an old lady, you know
» YouTube video

WOW, I just wish the 3d effect was really that smooth in real life.

4 weeks later
#607 6 years ago

OH man, if I hadn't bought the mirrored one last year I'd get this.

1 month later
#613 6 years ago

Oh man that ones gonna take a while. I'll guess 80 layers.

2 weeks later
#623 6 years ago

Looks like another Home Run. How about a Jack Bot?

3 weeks later
4 months later
#665 6 years ago

How's the Jackbot coming along......hint hint.

1 year later
#745 5 years ago
Quoted from mayuh:

You can’t imagine how much I hate it.
For the WH2O translite mentioned above: this motive just isn’t ideal for 3D converting thus you don’t see what you might expect. Go and find a RFM, FT or FH

Soooo sad. I have the RFM and LOVE it.

5 months later
#784 4 years ago
Quoted from SeaLawyer:

I saw a 3D translite on ToM the other day. It looked FANTASTIC! The one I'd previously seen on WH20 was pretty blurry.

RFM is fantastic too.

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider mustangpaul.
Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/3d-translites-next-titles-wh2o-and-afm?tu=mustangpaul and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.