totan_fu (resized).jpg
20171227_181909 (resized).jpg
20171227_181909 (resized).jpg
BOP1 (resized).jpg
Funhouse  (resized).jpg
Title (resized).jpg
1FFF3A95-D16B-4050-874C-036B9A6C3D44 (resized).jpeg
6E735FA8-3F1B-4647-A089-9BF1B230B61A (resized).jpeg
There are 787 posts in this topic. You are on page 9 of 16.
#401 7 years ago
Quoted from littlecammi:

Quoted from KBRI1700:

Wondering where CFTBL is in the queue?

Unfortunately it is not.

The Getaway ?

#402 7 years ago

Yeah and put the cop cars and helos waaaaaay behind the car.

3 weeks later
#403 7 years ago

Mighty quiet round these here parts.

#404 7 years ago

.... tooo quiet.

#405 7 years ago
Quoted from MustangPaul:

Mighty quiet round these here parts

You are hanging for RFM ain't ya ........me TOOOOOOOO

#406 7 years ago
Quoted from Mancave:

You are hanging for RFM ain't ya ........me TOOOOOOOO

Yup. That's the last mod I can think of to put on it.

#407 7 years ago

T2.... it would be so easy!!!

#408 7 years ago

Well, well

RFM is coming along nicely... it's about 3 times more complex than any other translite I've done so far.

If you'd like you can have a look at the mere complexity of that beast -- the anaglyph pic is just the layers flat...

Regarding T2: Licence!

mars_defeated (resized).jpgmars_defeated (resized).jpg

fertig (resized).jpgfertig (resized).jpg

#409 7 years ago

Thats gonna look crazy good! No worries, take your time and get it right

#410 7 years ago

WOW!!! SPECTACULAR!!! Your goin balls out on this one. I may have to get 2, one for the game and one for wall art. What kind of a deal could I get on 2?

#411 7 years ago

I like the fact that RFM is one of the later releases which has given mayuh time to hone his craft make it look as good as good as it does

now, I need to start getting all of my props in order to win that prototype translite

#412 7 years ago

mayuh any update on TOM ?

#413 7 years ago
Quoted from j_m_:

I like the fact that RFM is one of the later releases which has given mayuh time to hone his craft make it look as good as good as it does
now, I need to start getting all of my props in order to win that prototype translite

That and there are sooooo many elements in the picture, This one is gonna be the best one yet.

What you havin Bill and Hillery come over for a cameo? Or maybe do some "creative" editing with some of their footage.

#414 7 years ago
Quoted from meSz:

mayuh any update on TOM ?

Oh, I forgot to answer that one:
...they're done. And should be very, very close to shipping over to the US

#415 7 years ago
Quoted from mayuh:

ToM 3-D translites are done and very close to shipping over to the USA.

Darn! I was hoping to order ToM and RFM together to save on shipping costs.

1 week later
#416 7 years ago

Time for an update!

I'm 90% done with RFM. I really hope no future backglass is as complex as this one... I could have converted 3-4 others in the time it took for RFM. Seriously each and every layer could easily be a 3D translite of its own...

Youssi clearly never thought of 3D conversion

It should be ready before xmas to do the prototypes.

Stay tuned!

#417 7 years ago

Have the ToM translites shipped yet?

#418 7 years ago
Quoted from mayuh:

Time for an update!
I'm 90% done with RFM. I really hope no future backglass is as complex as this one... I could have converted 3-4 others in the time it took for RFM. Seriously each and every layer could easily be a 3D translite of its own...
Youssi clearly never thought of 3D conversion
It should be ready before xmas to do the prototypes.
Stay tuned!

I have my money ready and waiting, just waiting for the nod from you.

#419 7 years ago

Morning everybody...TOM translites should arrive in the US today check out PPS webside in the next days

Have fun everybody
Regards

Henrik

#420 7 years ago

Purchased Whitewater 3D translites, but it was all scratched up. Waited 2 weeks for return label, then 2 weeks for replacement, it was scratched even worse. One example attached. Quality control seems to be an issue. Shipping boxes perfectly intact, can't blame shipper. Still waiting on refund.

20161116_230339 (resized).jpg20161116_230339 (resized).jpg

#421 7 years ago

Did they mail same one back? I have ordered 3 now and all where flawless. Couldn't be happier with product.
Fire! would be a great title. Mentioned before, love to see those white horses and flames with some depth!

#422 7 years ago
Quoted from dawasa:

Purchased Whitewater 3D translites, but it was all scratched up. Waited 2 weeks for return label, then 2 weeks for replacement, it was scratched even worse. One example attached. Quality control seems to be an issue. Shipping boxes perfectly intact, can't blame shipper. Still waiting on refund.

Man that sucks.

#423 7 years ago

Who are you buying it from? PPS?

#424 7 years ago

That is sad news. I can assure you we do extensive QC on each and every translite. Especially because when the print is just a touch misaligned to the lenses (out of phase) the 3D effect wouldn't work properly anymore... and scratches would be really obvious.

Let me check with Henrik next week to sort things out for you.

#425 7 years ago
Quoted from Zitt:

Who are you buying it from? PPS?

I would like to know where to buy TOM 3D translight as well. I went to BayAreaAmusements and nothing there.

#426 7 years ago
Quoted from Kerry_Richard:

I would like to know where to buy TOM 3D translight as well. I went to BayAreaAmusements and nothing there.

Don't you have to get it from Rick at PPS?

#427 7 years ago

All right... call me stupid.

I bought WH20 & FT's 3D Translight. I can't find where to purchase ToM 3D TL. I've looked at both PPS & BAA websites.

Any help? (link)?

#429 7 years ago
Quoted from Kerry_Richard:

All right... call me stupid.
I bought WH20 & FT's 3D Translight. I can't find where to purchase ToM 3D TL. I've looked at both PPS & BAA websites.
Any help? (link)?

Not for sale yet - should be up in a few days I suspect.

#430 7 years ago

I guess these are good for some. To bad the only 2 would I would buy can't be made. MB and CFTBL. But at least it gives it a bump.

#431 7 years ago

You should edit your first post and change the title to reflect the next games in the queue.

#432 7 years ago
Quoted from jyeakley:

Not for sale yet - should be up in a few days I suspect.

Thank You!

#433 7 years ago

I got a new trim kit with my Fishtales and it doesn't seem to fit over the glass what is the trick to get these new trim kits to work. They seem to small. I just put the old trim back on for now.

#434 7 years ago
Quoted from jathomp22:

. I just put the old trim back on for now.

Is your glass 1/4 inch? I found them to be a little snug on that size. I had a spare 3/16 and it worked perfect.
TOM are not on website yet. PPS is the site to check.

#435 7 years ago
Quoted from dawasa:

I purchased from Planetary Pinball. I thought the 1st translite they sent me was bad, the 2nd was much worse. Scratches all over. I had to send multiple emails just to get a return label. They received it back on December 12th. When I asked where is my refund, they told me within 10 days. So they wacked me for high shipping cost, sent me not one but two defective translites, then can't promptly refund my money. Big waste of time.
As far as WW translite: looks neat but I didn't like the background all blurry. I understand something has to be blurry to be clear for 3D effects.
After receiving 2 defective translites, when do you say enough is enough. Whomever is handling these translites is extremely careless and customer service is surely lacking. No one addressed my issues or even offered to send a 3rd translite to make the situation right. Just sent me a return label, no evidence of a human factor involved. They don't care, just on to the next.

#436 7 years ago

Update: Planetary pinball just sent me refund.

#437 7 years ago

Theatre Of Magic 3D Translites are in stock and available now on the site.

#438 7 years ago

Frohe Weihnachten and happy holidays, humans!

RFM_xmas (resized).jpgRFM_xmas (resized).jpg

#439 7 years ago
Quoted from MustangPaul:

Sorry but I'm not a fan of this, I like to see all the different colors of the tl. I replaced the florescent bulb with an led one, no heat to worry about and it uses 1/3 the power.

exactly, this is why people should not use colored bulbs in backglasses or GI's. completely destroys any of the art that is there.

#440 7 years ago
Quoted from CaptainNeo:

exactly, this is why people should not use colored bulbs in backglasses or GI's. completely destroys any of the art that is there.

Quoted from CaptainNeo:

Or the inserts.

#441 7 years ago
Quoted from PPS:

Orders placed!

#442 7 years ago

inserts are fine, as long as there isn't colored graphic art on them. IF they are printed with multicolored graphics, then you should use white. If if it black or white printing only then it's fine too enhance the color of the plastic. but, say the mode inserts on IJ. would be a no no.

#443 7 years ago
Quoted from PPS:

I placed my order

1 week later
#444 7 years ago

Black Rose would be awesome. Maybe this year?

#445 7 years ago

TOM arrived fast. Looks great, looking forward to RFM

#446 7 years ago

Installed my ToM. I think it looks great. My wife likes the original better. The 3D stays.

#447 7 years ago

mayuh Any update on the RFM translite? I am excited to see one!

#448 7 years ago

Waiting for RFM. And Creature. Please do Creature ...

#449 7 years ago

got the ToM 3D translate!!! wow!

IMG_1330 3 (resized).jpgIMG_1330 3 (resized).jpg

#450 7 years ago
Quoted from NeilMcRae:

got the ToM 3D translate!!! wow!

Nice. A friend of mine has the game so I wonder if he's gonna get one. I'd love to see one.

There are 787 posts in this topic. You are on page 9 of 16.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/3d-translites-next-titles-wh2o-and-afm/page/9 and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.