totan_fu (resized).jpg
20171227_181909 (resized).jpg
20171227_181909 (resized).jpg
BOP1 (resized).jpg
Funhouse  (resized).jpg
Title (resized).jpg
1FFF3A95-D16B-4050-874C-036B9A6C3D44 (resized).jpeg
6E735FA8-3F1B-4647-A089-9BF1B230B61A (resized).jpeg
There are 787 posts in this topic. You are on page 8 of 16.
#351 7 years ago

Just got notice that some Fish Tales have showed up in Chicago so we can show them at the show ....

rick

#352 7 years ago
Quoted from PPS:

Just got notice that some Fish Tales have showed up in Chicago so we can show them at the show ....
rick

Working, no Chicago for me after trying to get there 3 year's in a row.
But, looking forward to ordering in next couple weeks when available on website.

#353 7 years ago

The FT's should be here for sale on the store next week as well.

#354 7 years ago

All of the current 4 3D/Lenticular titles are here at Expo right now (Fri AM) and on Display (and a couple of each and a few more of FT to sell).

[email protected]

#355 7 years ago

Good news Rick. Thanks for the update!
Run over to booth gang..these will be gone by 5.

#356 7 years ago

Back from Expo, had the FT (and MM, Wh2O, AFM) translites out for people to see. The Fish Tales are outstanding. They should be here later this week for sale.

rick

#357 7 years ago
Quoted from PPS:

Back from Expo, had the FT (and MM, Wh2O, AFM) translites out for people to see. The Fish Tales are outstanding. They should be here later this week for sale.
rick

I bought a Fish Tales translite at the show from you for a friend of mine.
Stunning is an understatement.
I think it looks better then my Whitewater and it is awesome.

#358 7 years ago

Glad you like it! You simply have to see it in person...

#359 7 years ago

I purchased both Wh20 and FT at Expo. Both look great, but the FT is absolutely stunning.

#360 7 years ago

Looking forward to seeing FT in person. I bought the WH2O but I am a little disappointed as parts of the background, especially the upper right section, are quite blurry and don't really come into focus no matter what angle they are viewed from. Still pretty cool but...

#361 7 years ago
Quoted from gac:

Looking forward to seeing FT in person. I bought the WH2O but I am a little disappointed as parts of the background, especially the upper right section, are quite blurry and don't really come into focus no matter what angle they are viewed from. Still pretty cool but...

I agree. I would love the upper right on WH20 to be clear.
They seemed to have solved this with Fish Tales.

#362 7 years ago
Quoted from Arcade:

I agree. I would love the upper right on WH20 to be clear.
They seemed to have solved this with Fish Tales.

No, we didn't and even worse, we couldn't. That's just how the lenticular technique works. Stuff in the background is a little blurry, stuff in the foreground too. To have it razor sharp, everything has to be in the middle, which is obviously totally against all 3D.
Just think you look at a rafting boat 3 feet away from you, and you'd expect the hills/rock walls 2 miles away to be in focus too. It unfortunately doesn't work. You can however in real life concentrate (focus) on one and then the other, but we have to decide (aka dictate) what you see in focus. I'm sorry about that, but that's physics ) quote: science, yeah! (BrakingBad)

Bottom line is, that your very personal 3D perception depends heavily upon the motive. FT and ToM will be far superior compared to let's say Highspeed II. We 'only' have 15 inches of depth (regular/common depth for lenticular is 3-5 inches) and when you see a road like in HS II and it should be 10 yards in depth, but you'd see only the max of 15 inches, you probably gonna be disappointed. Yet the Lamborghini would look freaking fantastic. And the helicopter... same with F14. That will be amazing. And ToM - hell, even demoman... hehehe...

Well, too much 3D psychology... but I think you'll understand what I try to explain. The more that is in the foreground (area wise/biiiiig) and the less you see from a background, the cooler it looks. Technically it'll be the same, but subjective impression is totally different...

Mario.

#363 7 years ago
Quoted from mayuh:

No, we didn't and even worse, we couldn't. That's just how the lenticular technique works. Stuff in the background is a little blurry, stuff in the foreground too. To have it razor sharp, everything has to be in the middle, which is obviously totally against all 3D.
Just think you look at a rafting boat 3 feet away from you, and you'd expect the hills/rock walls 2 miles away to be in focus too. It unfortunately doesn't work. You can however in real life concentrate (focus) on one and then the other, but we have to decide (aka dictate) what you see in focus. I'm sorry about that, but that's physics ) quote: science, yeah! (BrakingBad)
Bottom line is, that your very personal 3D perception depends heavily upon the motive. FT and ToM will be far superior compared to let's say Highspeed II. We 'only' have 15 inches of depth (regular/common depth for lenticular is 3-5 inches) and when you see a road like in HS II and it should be 10 yards in depth, but you'd see only the max of 15 inches, you probably gonna be disappointed. Yet the Lamborghini would look freaking fantastic. And the helicopter... same with F14. That will be amazing. And ToM - hell, even demoman... hehehe...
Well, too much 3D psychology... but I think you'll understand what I try to explain. The more that is in the foreground (area wise/biiiiig) and the less you see from a background, the cooler it looks. Technically it'll be the same, but subjective impression is totally different...
Mario.

They are all great.
We are just dreaming.

#364 7 years ago
Quoted from mayuh:

Mario.

Thanks for the education in 3-D translites 101. I appreciate it and I have a WH2O 3-D translite that I think looks great. I am looking forward to adding a 3-D translite to my TOM when they are available for purchase.

Gord

#365 7 years ago

I already have the 3D translite for AFM and just saw the others up close at Expo. I think the 3D Fish Tales looked the best (even with the background somewhat blurry) and WhiteWater looked the worst (of the four already available). But based on what I've seen I will be in on 3D translites for ToM and RFM (which are expected to be the next two produced).

#366 7 years ago
Quoted from littlecammi:

I already have the 3D translite for AFM and just saw the others up close at Expo. I think the 3D Fish Tales looked the best (even with the background somewhat blurry) and WhiteWater looked the worst (of the four already available). But based on what I've seen I will be in on 3D translites for ToM and RFM (which are expected to be the next two produced).

Like you I can't wait for the RFM but I'm wondering how well that one tube in back will light it up. I hope the led tube in mine will light it up good.

#367 7 years ago

Heya, look, what just arrived at my door step!

Have a look at the convergence here. It's awesome! Also check out the lower right corner in that video... you can see how the frame reveals the wooden stage...

If you want to win this prototype (signed if you like), post a picture of you and your ToM. The funniest/best/most awesome pic will win!
Contest ends on Monday 24th noon (CET).

Cheers,
Mario.

IMG_0593 (resized).JPGIMG_0593 (resized).JPG

#368 7 years ago

Does anyone know(or can you measure) the measurements of the AFM 3D translite?

#369 7 years ago
Quoted from Pmaino:

Does anyone know(or can you measure) the measurements of the AFM 3D translite?

Should be the same as any regular WPC translite:
18.5" x 26.5"

#370 7 years ago

No, it's slightly smaller. So it can fit in the WPC95 lightbox' recess perfectly. I can give you the exact measurements later.

#371 7 years ago

perfect. thanks.

#372 7 years ago
Quoted from mayuh:

Heya, look, what just arrived at my door step!
Have a look at the convergence here. It's awesome! Also check out the lower right corner in that video... you can see how the frame reveals the wooden stage...
» YouTube video
If you want to win this prototype (signed if you like), post a picture of you and your ToM. The funniest/best/most awesome pic will win!
Contest ends on Monday 24th noon (CET).
Cheers,
Mario.

You should make a re-run of SWT!

#373 7 years ago
Quoted from mayuh:

... same with F14. That will be amazing.

You're doing F-14 at some point? Fantastic!

#374 7 years ago

When installing these into the game is there anything else needed? Does it go behind the glass or go in without the glass?

#375 7 years ago
Quoted from GreenMachine19:

When installing these into the game is there anything else needed? Does it go behind the glass or go in without the glass?

Installs just like a regular translite.
Only slightly thicker

#376 7 years ago
Quoted from mayuh:

to let's say Highspeed II. We 'only' have 15 inches of depth (regular/common depth for lenticular is 3-5 inches) and when you see a road like in HS II and it should be 10 yards in depth, but you'd see only the max of 15 inches, you probably gonna be disappointed. Yet the Lamborghini would look freaking fantastic. And the helicopter... same with F14.

Does this mean you are not doing the Getaway or F14 ?

#377 7 years ago

Guys and gals,
Mario said it's picture time! So less talk and more pics

"Magnificent!!"

IMG_0535 (resized).JPGIMG_0535 (resized).JPG

#378 7 years ago

I started a seperate thread for the giveaway to keep this thread for announcements and Q&A

https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/3d-translites-prototype-giveaway

#379 7 years ago

Fire! Would make a great 3D translight!!!

#380 7 years ago

I still owe you the exact measurements for the WPC95 translites:

665 mm x 460 mm (1mm tolerance)

(26,1811 x 18,1102 inches)

#381 7 years ago
Quoted from Ericpinballfan:

Fire! Would make a great 3D translight!!!

Hmmm, I don't think so... I mean yes, you have very decent foreground/background separation, but you lack of elements you can put inbetween. And don't get me started on the backside's white color (=block out) sorry

#382 7 years ago
Quoted from mayuh:

I still owe you the exact measurements for the WPC95 translites:
665 mm x 460 mm (1mm tolerance)
(26,1811 x 18,1102 inches)
» YouTube video

Thank you.

#383 7 years ago

Fish Tales arrive today, so we've put them on the store, may take a couple of days to get them unpacked and shipped, but they are here in NV! ... and look fantastic from Expo where we had some.

http://www.planetarypinball.com/mm5/merchant.mvc?Screen=PROD&Product_Code=PPM-3D-FT-TRANSLITE&Store_Code=PP

We have all 4 in stock - Medieval Madness, Attack From Mars, Whitewater, and Fish Tales in stock.

#384 7 years ago
Quoted from mayuh:

. I mean yes, you have very decent foreground/background separation,

I understand, but couldn't you add depth in layers?

#385 7 years ago

Can't wait to put one in my ToM

#386 7 years ago

Ordered FT. Again waiting patiently for ToM.

#387 7 years ago
Quoted from mayuh:

My best guess is that FT is in stock in the US around mid October.

That was a month ago...Great Guess. Fish Tales ordered!
Thanks to the mayuh and rick at PPS for making these.

1 week later
#388 7 years ago

I just installed the prototype 3D translight in my ToM and I can't even begin to describe how incredible it looks in person thanks for the opportunity to win this. I have the MM one as well but this one blows it away in my opinion. Nice work Mario and thanks again

IMG_4620 (resized).JPGIMG_4620 (resized).JPG

IMG_4615 (resized).JPGIMG_4615 (resized).JPG

#389 7 years ago

Just ordered a fish tales after reading what people are saying about how great it looks. Hope it looks as good as the new cpr playfied looks in the game.

#390 7 years ago

Just installed mine today. Very happy with it.

#391 7 years ago

Looking good I hope you enjoy it!

#392 7 years ago

Is TOM avail for sale yet?

#393 7 years ago

Nope, not yet. Last time it took 7 weeks from my (potentially your) prototype being delivered to me until Rick has them in stock.

Due to the 'darkness' of ToM, it needs some extra time to cure. So, I'd say: Sometime in the second week of December.

Last time I pretty much nailed the date, but take my prediction with a grain of salt...

Damn this RFM translite is complex... 40 layers and counting...

#394 7 years ago
Quoted from mayuh:

Soooo looking forward to this and TOM! switching around my machines to have them next to each other

#395 7 years ago

Wondering where CFTBL is in the queue?

#396 7 years ago
Quoted from mayuh:

WOW! Bet it's going to look freaking awesome! Can't wait to see the results.

#397 7 years ago
Quoted from KBRI1700:

Wondering where CFTBL is in the queue?

Unfortunately it is not.

#398 7 years ago
Quoted from littlecammi:

Unfortunately it is not.

So, is Monster Bash ok?

#399 7 years ago
Quoted from fuseholder:

So, is Monster Bash ok?

All of the 3-D translites produced to date have been games with unlicensed themes so I am guessing that Monster Bash is not on the docket for producing at this time.

Gord

#400 7 years ago
Quoted from mayuh:

Well there's a lot going on on that image. This ones gonna rock. I can't wait. Now if someone would come up with a proper light board designed for the art your on the tl it would REALLY pop. I've seen what proper color bulbs did for MM and it's just jaw dropping.

Thanks for your hard work.

There are 787 posts in this topic. You are on page 8 of 16.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/3d-translites-next-titles-wh2o-and-afm/page/8 and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.