Topic Stats

• 784 posts
  • 141 Pinsiders participating
  • Latest reply 6 months ago by MustangPaul
  • Topic is favorited by 77 Pinsiders

You

Linked Games

Topic Gallery

There have been 100 images uploaded to this topic. (View topic image gallery).

DSC04242 (resized).JPG
DSC04241 (resized).JPG
DSC04240 (resized).JPG
89030A2D-C842-4C93-98A1-AD2277C62DD4 (resized).png
TOTAN_done.jpg
TOTAN_done_xid.jpg
TOTAN_done_zbuffer.jpg
A80D8592-1EC6-40E9-88C6-EB55E674F1B8 (resized).jpeg
totan_fu (resized).jpg
20171227_181909 (resized).jpg
20171227_181909 (resized).jpg
BOP1 (resized).jpg
Funhouse  (resized).jpg
Title (resized).jpg
1FFF3A95-D16B-4050-874C-036B9A6C3D44 (resized).jpeg
6E735FA8-3F1B-4647-A089-9BF1B230B61A (resized).jpeg

There are 784 posts in this topic. You are on page 5 of 16.
#201 3 years ago
Quoted from whitey:

Just received my 3d translites, installed AFM and MM
And pictures don't do justice, the depth it gives is amazing. Only problem there like color dmds,I want one for every game.adding some color leds and they look amazing. standing directly in front of the game , crazyb

Oh how I wish RFM had normal tl back board lights instead of that damn florescent bulb, I would LOVE to be able to color it like you can with yours.

#202 3 years ago

MOD INSTALL : 3-D LENTICULAR ATTACK FROM MARS & WHITE WATER TRANSLITE

WARNING : IF YOU DIDN'T LIKE THE MEDIEVAL MADNESS VIDEO I MADE THEN YOU PROBABLY WON'T LIKE THIS ONE EITHER. Especially you DANQVERYMUCH.

It's extremely hard to capture the image and how the process works on camera. I tried my best.

Blog :
https://pinballsupernova.wordpress.com/2016/07/13/mod-install-3-d-lenticular-attack-from-mars-white-water-translite/

Pinnovators_Headphone_Jack_Title_(resized).jpg

#203 3 years ago

My WH20 will be in on Thursday. I would be in for a CFTBL in a big way. Get in there and work the licensing out, PPS.

#204 3 years ago

the difference is visible when you move this 3D translite. but when you are in front of it, the 3D translite installed and in a playing position, i am not sure you notice the difference with the regular translite. can so confirm or not?

#205 3 years ago
Quoted from colonel_caverne:

the difference is visible when you move this 3D translite. but when you are in front of it, the 3D translite installed and in a playing position, i am not sure you notice the difference with the regular translite. can so confirm or not?

Have you ever seen a lenticular translite in person? It'll be like that.

#206 3 years ago

...everybody who already has one: Do the finger trick Place your finger on the translite (as a reference to the zero depth plane) - for example near the knees of the big martian and immediately see how far that knee is jumping out of the translite. It never get's old - I always enjoy it

#207 3 years ago

When you are in front of the translite, you see the depth of the characters and images. All three translites look great in person. It is nearly impossible to catch the true effect with a video or standard camera.

#208 3 years ago

i am not sure you notice the difference with the regular translite.

Only if you are unfortunate enough to only have one eye or your brain can not calculate 3D images (less than 2% of the population). Other than that the difference is very very obvious*

*in real life only(TM)

#209 3 years ago
Quoted from mayuh:

Only if you are unfortunate enough to only have one eye or your brain can not calculate 3D images (less than 2% of the population). Other than that the difference is very very obvious*
*in real life only(TM)

like I'm a normal person (presumably ), so i suppose i would make the difference even in front of it.

#210 3 years ago

like I'm a normal person (presumably ), so i suppose i would make the difference even in front of it.

Have you seen the Avatar 3d tl? It's waaaaaay better then that.

#211 3 years ago

Mines coming today, but I'm assuming it's similar to the Tron 3D one. Is that about right?

#212 3 years ago
Quoted from TKDalumni:

Mines coming today, but I'm assuming it's similar to the Tron 3D one. Is that about right?

I hope it's better if you have tron on site and you can compare both directly please share your thoughts. The main difference is that all objects have true 3D bodies instead of just cupboard cutouts depth layered in 3D...

#213 3 years ago

So excited for Fish Tales. And Theatre of Magic. Are they available for pre-order? I almost bought a replacement regular for FT because isn't great.

#214 3 years ago
Quoted from mayuh:

I hope it's better if you have tron on site and you can compare both directly please share your thoughts. The main difference is that all objects have true 3D bodies instead of just cupboard cutouts depth layered in 3D...

I have both in the same room. Got my AFM translite today, hopefully I'll install it tomorrow or Friday and let you know.

#215 3 years ago

Here's comparison of original and the 3D...colors definitely more vibrant but impossible to get the effect from a pic. Very pleased!

image_(resized).jpeg

#216 3 years ago

Is anyone selling their original translight? Mine is OK, but has a few damage spots.

#217 3 years ago

Got mine today in the mail.. All I can say is wow!!! cant wait to get it in the machine

#218 3 years ago

Okay...I unpacked the AFM translight, and I can see exactly what Mayuh meant when he said:

Quoted from mayuh:

...everybody who already has one: Do the finger trick Place your finger on the translite (as a reference to the zero depth plane) - for example near the knees of the big martian and immediately see how far that knee is jumping out of the translite. It never get's old - I always enjoy it

He's absolutely correct. You THINK your finger is going to touch the martian's knee much sooner than it actually does. It's uncanny.

On Tron, you know exactly where the surface is. The Tron translite has depth. The AFM translite seems to come out from the surface of the plastic. Pretty cool!

#219 3 years ago
Quoted from judremy:

Is anyone selling their original translight? Mine is OK, but has a few damage spots.

Shoot me a PM, mine comes Friday and I'm sure we can work something out. I just need to make sure there's no funkiness take a few snaps to send you.

#220 3 years ago

My Whitewater arrives tomorrow.
Very excited to install.

#221 3 years ago

Me too! Got my AFM today and it looks great!

Happy to install it tonight.

#222 3 years ago

Want all of these

#223 3 years ago

+1 for cftbl...

#224 3 years ago
Quoted from wiggy07:

MOD INSTALL : 3-D LENTICULAR ATTACK FROM MARS & WHITE WATER TRANSLITE
WARNING : IF YOU DIDN'T LIKE THE MEDIEVAL MADNESS VIDEO I MADE THEN YOU PROBABLY WON'T LIKE THIS ONE EITHER. Especially you DANQVERYMUCH.
It's extremely hard to capture the image and how the process works on camera. I tried my best.
Blog :
https://pinballsupernova.wordpress.com/2016/07/13/mod-install-3-d-lenticular-attack-from-mars-white-water-translite/
» YouTube video

Looks very nice. Hope to be ordering one for my wh2o before too long.

Also, i think i have that exact same shirt from the video. H&M?

#225 3 years ago
#226 3 years ago
Quoted from nman:

Looks very nice. Hope to be ordering one for my wh2o before too long.
Also, i think i have that exact same shirt from the video. H&M?

Thanks Nman, nope, shirt is from JCrew..

#227 3 years ago
Quoted from j_m_:

I'm on board for a 3D RFM translite if it gets made (and I've got a friend that would be in for one as well).
it would suit the title nicely and given the quality of these, definitely worth the price of admission

I'd take one for RFM... 3D translite fits the whole P2K concept as well.

#228 3 years ago

Just a simple question for Rick:
Are 3rd party licensed titles (eg IJ, TZ, CFTBL) -
a) impossible
b) unlikely
c) possible
d) likely

Thanks

#229 3 years ago
Quoted from merccat:

I'd take one for RFM

HAVE CASH !!! Lets get it cracking
I'd also love to see one for Judge Dredd??

#230 3 years ago

Fishtales is finished! Needs to go through various approval stages, cleanup and then production

FT_V1.0_sml_(resized).jpg

FT_V1.0_SbS_sml_(resized).jpg

#231 3 years ago
Quoted from dluth:

Just a simple question for Rick:
Are 3rd party licensed titles (eg IJ, TZ, CFTBL) -
a) impossible
b) unlikely
c) possible
d) likely
Thanks

It depends on the 3rd party - even with a parts license this is considered merchandise which is yet another agreement. For WMS, this is not under our parts license but a merchandise license for which we have to pay royalties to WMS. Sometimes it's c) or d) as we can get a verbal agreement to do it, sometmes it's b) as there is a cost and it's way too prohibitive. Sometimes it's a) as the 3rd party has no time to even want to discuss it, as pinball is nothing compared to them spending time with Hasbro on multi-million $ royalty deals.

None of this is simple.

#232 3 years ago

Take my money for Fish Tales please.

#233 3 years ago
Quoted from mayuh:

Fishtales is finished! Needs to go through various approval stages, cleanup and then production

#234 3 years ago

Received and installed the 3D translite in my AFM yesterday. I think it looks really good but not great. While the 3D effect is really good, the clarity isn't that great. I didn't expect the details to show as clean as on the original translight, but the windows and buildings in the background always look out of focus no matter from what angle or distance you look at them (granted that your eyes are drawn more to the figures in the foreground so poor background focus may not bother you).

I never liked the clear spaces in the original translite, where you could actually see through to the individual bulbs behind the translite. The 3D translite doesn't have any clear spaces, so I do like that factor better and I'll keep the 3D translite in my AFM. But the lack of clarity has dampened my enthusiasm for future 3D releases. I would order RFM (to match my AFM and because its translite says "in 3D" on it) but I will probably pass on ToM (and others) and stay with better clarity over adding 3D just because 3D is available.

#235 3 years ago

Unfortunately it's always LPI vs 3D depth.

We (co-)developed a new kind of lenticular sheet to meet expectations. Yet, if you'd expect the same visual clarity at 300 dpi as a 2D version, that's impossible We also worked very hard on vibrance and contrast to compensate for any blurs.

If you do the thumb test: with an outstretched arm focus your thumb with both eyes, concentrate on the background - background will be blurry and most likely double. That's the stuff we fight here...

I still hope you enjoy it

#236 3 years ago
Quoted from littlecammi:

Received and installed the 3D translite in my AFM yesterday. I think it looks really good but not great. While the 3D effect is really good, the clarity isn't that great. I didn't expect the details to show as clean as on the original translight, but the windows and buildings in the background always look out of focus no matter from what angle or distance you look at them (granted that your eyes are drawn more to the figures in the foreground so poor background focus may not bother you).
I never liked the clear spaces in the original translite, where you could actually see through to the individual bulbs behind the translite. The 3D translite doesn't have any clear spaces, so I do like that factor better and I'll keep the 3D translite in my AFM. But the lack of clarity has dampened my enthusiasm for future 3D releases. I would order RFM (to match my AFM and because its translite says "in 3D" on it) but I will probably pass on ToM (and others) and stay with better clarity over adding 3D just because 3D is available.

Your review mimics what mine would be on WH20. Great effort, pretty cool, but the clarity issues will make me think twice about spending another 200 bucks on the next title. I'm sure the clarity issues are a side effect of the method rather than the skill of the makers.

#237 3 years ago

Just installed my Whitewater today.
I thought it looked good with the game off.
But wow! When I turned the game on and it lit up, the effect was amazing.
Thank you guys a million for taking the time and effort to get these to market.
The only part on mine that is a bit blurry is the very back upper middle with where the blue van is located.
All the rest of it looks fantastic and very much worth it.

#238 3 years ago

I just ordered the WH20 translite on Tuesday. It was on my doorstep this afternoon.
Very happy with how quickly it was sent out!

#239 3 years ago

..so, for the weekend, let's fly through it:

#240 3 years ago
Quoted from mayuh:

» YouTube video

Very nicely done. I love the video that you created to showcase this 3-D translite. I don't own a FT, but am seriously considering picking up this 3-D translite to use as wall art in my game room.

Gord

#241 3 years ago
Quoted from mayuh:

No weekend, get to work at RFM and TOM
Looking forward so much!
Cheers

#242 3 years ago

Received and installed my AFM 3D translite today. Exceeded my expectations. Super happy with it.

#243 3 years ago

Wow - just got my WH20 3D translite - Amazing!

Now just need a WH20 to put it in LOL

1 week later
#244 3 years ago

When will Fish Tales be available at PPS?

#245 3 years ago

Afm 3d translite received and installed. Very satisfied. Agree on the diminished clarity in some areas, but totally unnoticable unless you put both translites next to each other, and the 3d effect really has to be seen in person to be appreciated fully.

#246 3 years ago
Quoted from Ben1981:

No weekend, get to work at RFM and TOM
Looking forward so much!
Cheers

I think TOM is in need of one badly.

#247 3 years ago
Quoted from whitey:

I think TOM is in need of one badly.

Fish is currently being worked on on the last stage = close to final production.

...and theatre: I just started... damn, I need that machine, how would I ever know where's what?! best excuse ever ))

#248 3 years ago
Quoted from mayuh:

Count me in for FT

#249 3 years ago

I'm drooling over the FT. So glad I held off on a reproduction translite. My translite is junk.

#250 3 years ago

Just got a New NOS Fish Tales translite a month ago then saw this 3D coming out.
Anyone need a NOS in tube unopened?
I have been on this thread since beginning asking for FT , so stoked it's happening!
By the way, crappy old one in machine also available!

Promoted items from the Pinside Marketplace
Cabinet - Toppers
Full Tilt Pinball LEDs
$ 395.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
M&M Mods
$ 29.99
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Full Tilt Pinball LEDs
Wanted
Machine - Wanted
Hackettstown, NJ
$ 89.99
$ 40.00
Gameroom - Decorations
Arcade Arts
$ 99.00
$ 45.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Lermods
$ 28.00
Lighting - Other
Rock Custom Pinball
$ 259.95
Lighting - Led
Pin Stadium Pinball LEDs
6,800 (OBO)
Machine - For Sale
San Francisco, CA
€ 9.10
$ 35.00
Boards
Pinball Haus
Wanted
Machine - Wanted
Phoenix, AZ
$ 44.99
Lighting - Interactive
Lee's Parts
Pinball Machine
Flip N Out Pinball
$ 89.99
$ 30.00
Pinball Machine
Habos Arcade
Cabinet - Other
Rock Custom Pinball
3,700 (OBO)
Machine - For Sale
Lake Villa , IL
$ 24.99
Lighting - Led
Lee's Parts
There are 784 posts in this topic. You are on page 5 of 16.

Hey there! Got a moment?

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run thanks to donations from our visitors? Please donate to Pinside, support the site and get anext to your username to show for it! Donate to Pinside