Topic Stats

• 784 posts
  • 141 Pinsiders participating
  • Latest reply 6 months ago by MustangPaul
  • Topic is favorited by 77 Pinsiders

You

Linked Games

Topic Gallery

There have been 100 images uploaded to this topic. (View topic image gallery).

DSC04242 (resized).JPG
DSC04241 (resized).JPG
DSC04240 (resized).JPG
89030A2D-C842-4C93-98A1-AD2277C62DD4 (resized).png
TOTAN_done.jpg
TOTAN_done_xid.jpg
TOTAN_done_zbuffer.jpg
A80D8592-1EC6-40E9-88C6-EB55E674F1B8 (resized).jpeg
totan_fu (resized).jpg
20171227_181909 (resized).jpg
20171227_181909 (resized).jpg
BOP1 (resized).jpg
Funhouse  (resized).jpg
Title (resized).jpg
1FFF3A95-D16B-4050-874C-036B9A6C3D44 (resized).jpeg
6E735FA8-3F1B-4647-A089-9BF1B230B61A (resized).jpeg

There are 784 posts in this topic. You are on page 4 of 16.
#151 3 years ago
Quoted from Kerry_Richard:

I just rec'vd an email with a tracking #. I'm assuming it is for my WH20 3D translight, as that is the only order outstanding. It didn't include the carrier company name.
I tried to check it on USPS, FedEx & UPS, no luck. I sent BAA an email asking for the carrier company. Does anyone know who they ship thru?
Thanks
Kerry

Same here. It was FedEx for me. Try entering the number in Google.

#152 3 years ago

Thanks for the idea (Google & FedEx)... still no luck.

All I get is this same message;

"Not found

This tracking number cannot be found, please check the number or contact the sender. "

#153 3 years ago
Quoted from Kerry_Richard:

I just rec'vd an email with a tracking #. I'm assuming it is for my WH20 3D translight, as that is the only order outstanding. It didn't include the carrier company name.
I tried to check it on USPS, FedEx & UPS, no luck. I sent BAA an email asking for the carrier company. Does anyone know who they ship thru?
Thanks
Kerry

Check again tomorrow, sometimes it takes a little while for the system to update, especially with USPS.

#154 3 years ago

Just got my Tracking number from PPS 2 hours ago.
It is a FedEx number.
Currently just says package picked up in Reno NV.
But hey, it's on it's way.

#155 3 years ago

I got my tracking number this afternoon and my tracking number is a USPS number (Priority Mail 2-Day). The package departed Sparks, NV, this afternoon and expected delivery is Monday, July 11.

Gord

#156 3 years ago

I put my tracking number in Google, it came up with FedEx. It's in Reno, NV now. So hopefully one it's way to Danville, CA in the next 2-3 days.

#157 3 years ago

Glad you all got tracking numbers - I got nothing... ...but paid months ago... :*(

#159 3 years ago

Just received my WH2O translite
Mabye a dumb question regarding the installation instructions:"Install WHITE PLASTIC FILM first"
Please fill me inn

#160 3 years ago

There were two different sets of instructions - one with the film (original for the MM) and one for others which highlight with and without film.

The MM's have the diffuser as separate.
The AFM and Wh2O have the diffuser layer fused to the translite - one piece.

Hope this doesn't trip up too many people.

rick

#161 3 years ago

PPS have you received your whitewater 3d translights yet

#162 3 years ago

We have received all of them and shipped alot of them out last week and will be shipping the balance on Monday.

rick

#163 3 years ago
Quoted from BentleyBear:

Just received my WH2O translite
Mabye a dumb question regarding the installation instructions:"Install WHITE PLASTIC FILM first"
Please fill me inn

I have posted a pre version of the manual here: https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/3d-translites-next-titles-wh2o-and-afm/page/2#post-3182493

#164 3 years ago

Fishtales coming along nicely... a few more objects in the boat and a little clean up. I think I can post a 'fly through' next week...

My network simply needs more kegs

IMG_0319_(resized).JPG

IMG_0015_(resized).JPG

#165 3 years ago

I received my WH2O 3-D translite today via USPS today and I just installed it in my game. It looks awesome. The 3-D translite has to be seen in person to be truly appreciated.

The overall quality on this 3-D translite is simply amazing. Pinball Dreams did a great job with this project as they did with their CFTBL reproduction hologram project. I would not hesitate to purchase anything that is created by Pinball Dreams (How about reproducing the WH2O Waterfall Topper?). I would love to see Pinball Dreams do a 3-D translite for CFTBL as that translite actually says '3-D' right on the translite.

PPS packed this item very well and shipped it out via Priority Mail 2-Day on Friday and I received it today (Monday). I am very pleased with the overall experience of pre-ordering this great product as it has been well worth the wait.

I see that Fish Tales is next in the queue for a 3-D translite as it is already underway. I don't own a FT, but am seriously considering purchasing a FT 3-D translite when it becomes available to use as a wall hanger because the quality of these 3-D translites is so good.

Gord

#166 3 years ago
Quoted from GRB1959:

I received my WH2O 3-D translite today via USPS today and I just installed it in my game. It looks awesome. The 3-D translite has to be seen in person to be truly appreciated.
The overall quality on this 3-D translite is simply amazing. Pinball Dreams did a great job with this project as they did with their CFTBL reproduction hologram project. I would not hesitate to purchase anything that is created by Pinball Dreams (How about reproducing the WH2O Waterfall Topper?). I would love to see Pinball Dreams do a 3-D translite for CFTBL as that translite actually says '3-D' right on the translite.
PPS packed this item very well and shipped it out via Priority Mail 2-Day on Friday and I received it today (Monday). I am very pleased with the overall experience of pre-ordering this great product as it has been well worth the wait.
Gord

Nice. Great to hear.
PPS sent mine out Friday as well. But not scheduled to arrive until Thursday here in Texas.
Must be taking the slow boat.

#167 3 years ago

Yes, we pack them very well, and sorry for the delay everyone, but somethings changed in germany and the result in a delay and due to the delay there were ALOT of pre-orders to pack which take a bit of time to get them all done. PPS now have all 3 titles in stock available for immediate shipment. All of the translites are packed and being shipped today minus a few stragglers which will get resolved in the next day or two.

There are several titles in process now, as you can see Fish Tales, and likely Revenge From Mars, Theatre of Magic, Tales of Arabian Nights and several others ...

And yes, great work by Henrik and mayuh!

rick

#168 3 years ago
Quoted from PPS:

There are several titles in process, likely Revenge From Mars and Theatre of Magic.

I was notified that my 3D AFM translite was shipped today. If it looks really good to me then I'll be in for 3Ds for RFM and ToM for sure.

#169 3 years ago

I received my wh2o translight today. It looks awesome. I just wish I could get a could picture of it.

#172 3 years ago

Also ... we now have a small number of MM, Wh2O, and AFM 3D Translites in stock ...

#173 3 years ago
Quoted from PPS:

oh ... and I forgot Bride of Pinbot ...

I saw a 3D Bride of Pinbot translite at the Dallas show in March. It was a prototype as well.
Looked great though.

#174 3 years ago
Quoted from PPS:

oh ... and I forgot Bride of Pinbot ...

oh don't do this to me....I bought the mirrored repro bg just last year.

#175 3 years ago
Quoted from MustangPaul:

oh don't do this to me....I bought the mirrored repro bg just last year.

Backglass Rotation!

#176 3 years ago

I'm on board for a 3D RFM translite if it gets made (and I've got a friend that would be in for one as well).

it would suit the title nicely and given the quality of these, definitely worth the price of admission

#177 3 years ago

I got my Wh2o yesterday and it looks fantastic. I also have the MM one, and I just got word my MMR should ship this week! so looks like I'll be able to put them both in this weekend!

Also, It's nice to see PPS active on the forum again!

#178 3 years ago

Just received my 3d translites, installed AFM and MM
And pictures don't do justice, the depth it gives is amazing. Only problem there like color dmds,I want one for every game.adding some color leds and they look amazing. standing directly in front of the game , crazyb

20160711_195050_(resized).jpg

20160711_195201_(resized).jpg

#179 3 years ago

Heinrich and Rick..How about....?
Fire!
Riverboat Gambler
Whirlwind
System 11's need some love.
I would pre-order Fish Tales Today if you let me. Been asking for it a year now.
I don't even have White Water and I'm tempted to go buy it.

#180 3 years ago

we will definately look at all of those titles, I think we will try to figure out the priority, but will have a long run at these ...

rick

#181 3 years ago

Saw the MM backglass at my buddys in Cincy last weekend.
Looks absolutely incredible !

#182 3 years ago

does this 3D translite get some thickness or is it as thin as a normal translite? sorry for the question that can be silly.

#183 3 years ago
Quoted from PPS:

we will definately look at all of those titles,

Thanks Rick!
Rick, are you going to Cal extreme?
Bringing parts, have a booth?
Deliver parts orders or Translites?

#184 3 years ago

Unfortunately no, have some conflicts with family things going on. We are in Reno/Sparks, NV so it's not as before a 15 minute ride ...

rick

#185 3 years ago
Quoted from colonel_caverne:

does this 3D translite get some thickness or is it as thin as a normal translite? sorry for the question that can be silly.

It is thicker than a regular translite, but it fits perfectly into the WPC rims. For wpc95 it goes right into the recess of the light box and stays there firmly.

As I destroyed my rims when I installed them, due to the fact the rims were so old, I highly recommend you order new rims. I think Rick has them advertised or even bundled in his shop.

Please have a look at the two PDFs I made, I posted earlier... (https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/3d-translites-next-titles-wh2o-and-afm/page/2#post-3182493)

#186 3 years ago

I just installed my WH2O 3-D translite yesterday and it was no different than swapping out any WPC translite. The WH2O 3-D translite is slightly thicker than the normal WPC translite (do NOT roll the 3-D translites up in a tube), but it still fit perfectly using the standard backbox trim for WPC games.

Gord

#187 3 years ago
Quoted from GRB1959:

(do NOT roll the 3-D translites up in a tube),

Awesome advice, but I have to wonder why any new owner, that just got their new shipped flat to them translite, would roll it up. lol

#188 3 years ago
Quoted from Arcade:

Awesome advice, but I have to wonder why any new owner, that just got their new shipped flat to them translite, would roll it up. lol

you mean it is shipped in a flat package?

#189 3 years ago

Looking forward to my Attack from Mars 3D translite arriving Friday.

How about Creature from the Black Lagoon? Considering that the regular translite is out of stock everywhere* and I could use a better one in general, I'd be in on one.

*Please correct me if I'm wrong.

#190 3 years ago

you mean it is shipped in a flat package?

My prototype one was shipped flat.
Have not received mine from PPS yet.
But if it is as thick as my prototype it would not roll up at all.

#191 3 years ago

Yes, they are shipped in a custom package for shipping translites flat ... need to as rolling up lenticular material will damage it.

rick

#192 3 years ago

Would it be ok to store the original (old) translite in a tube?

#193 3 years ago

Also just found out why my shipment is taking so long to arrive.
It wasted 4 days going from Reno NV. To California. Now it has to turn around and come all the way back to Texas.
Makes perfect sense. Lol

#194 3 years ago
Quoted from TKDalumni:

Would it be ok to store the original (old) translite in a tube?

yes, however I prefer to store them flat

if you are going to roll them up, use a large 6" diameter tube (8" if possible). if you roll them too tight, you have the possibility of cracking the older, original translite. the plastic becomes brittle over time

#195 3 years ago

The 3-D translites are shipped with the following instruction sheet which details how to take care of and install the translite.

Gord

DSCN0513_(resized).JPG
DSCN0516_(resized).JPG

#196 3 years ago
Quoted from GRB1959:

The 3-D translite is shipped with an instruction sheet that details how to install it.

Anyone installing their translite with the wrong side out needs to have their pinball license revoked.

#197 3 years ago

revorked? are you russian?!? try revoked

merriam-webster called and your spelling card has been "revorked"

#198 3 years ago

Another vote for RFM next! I mean it already says "in 3D", time to actually make it so.

#199 3 years ago
Quoted from pumpkinlad:

Another vote for RFM next! I mean it already says "in 3D", time to actually make it so.

RFM is a great choice! Plus for some reason the existing translites seem brittle and likely to shatter if handled incorrectly.

#200 3 years ago

Just ordered WH2O from BAA and can't wait to get it. Twilight Zone and Addams Family would be awesome. T2 would be cool also.

Promoted items from the Pinside Marketplace
6,500 (OBO)
Machine - For Sale
Boise, ID
There are 784 posts in this topic. You are on page 4 of 16.

Hey there! Got a moment?

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run thanks to donations from our visitors? Please donate to Pinside, support the site and get anext to your username to show for it! Donate to Pinside