totan_fu (resized).jpg
20171227_181909 (resized).jpg
20171227_181909 (resized).jpg
BOP1 (resized).jpg
Funhouse  (resized).jpg
Title (resized).jpg
1FFF3A95-D16B-4050-874C-036B9A6C3D44 (resized).jpeg
6E735FA8-3F1B-4647-A089-9BF1B230B61A (resized).jpeg
There are 787 posts in this topic. You are on page 3 of 16.
#101 7 years ago
Quoted from mayuh:

I never wanted to blatantly post it straight at your eyes, but I only have a mere 18 views over there at YouTube...
Get ready for some nice (2d, yet animated) instruction cards.
» YouTube video

Wow, very nice. I ordered a WH2O 3-D translite from PPS back in late March. Do you have a link for the WH2O version?

Oops, never mind, I found this link on YouTube for the WH2O 3-D version.

Gord

#102 7 years ago

Dang, I think I missed the WH20, will there be more being made?

#103 7 years ago
Quoted from volkdrive:

They show as available for Pre-Order at BAA.

http://bayareaamusements.com/Merchant2/merchant.mvc?Screen=PROD&Product_Code=GS-WH2O-3D-TRANS

#104 7 years ago
Quoted from mayuh:

I never wanted to blatantly post it straight at your eyes, but I only have a mere 18 views over there at YouTube...
Get ready for some nice (2d, yet animated) instruction cards.
» YouTube video

Nice.
I subscribed to your channel but thanks for posting it here.
I rarely check my YouTube channels.
Looks amazing as always.

#105 7 years ago
Quoted from volkdrive:

I got mine at Planatery Pinball last week.
However they now show as out of stock today.
Hopefully Bay Area Still has some from the link above.

#106 7 years ago

I ordered mine from Planetary about a month ago... Now I just need to find a white water!!

#108 7 years ago

I ordered all 3 having them shipped together awhile back. Hoping to get them soon

#109 7 years ago

Awesome looking. RFM!!

#110 7 years ago

I too ordered WH2O back in March... I've been patiently waiting.

#111 7 years ago

I ordered the Medieval Madness which was received, looks great. I also ordered both the White Water and AFM and waiting for delivery. I posted a video and blog post a while back on the Medieval Madness translite.

Blog Post :
https://pinballsupernova.wordpress.com/2016/02/25/mod-install-3-d-lenticular-medieval-madness-translite/

Video :

#112 7 years ago

...so, as I own one, I also started working on the next title. I don't want to admit that's a redemption for your patience of delay of AFM and WhiteWater, but basically yes... It is

That big guy will be awesome in 3D along with the droplets in front of him. Very nice for 3D... Now we only need a bunch of people demanding a F14 in 3D

image_(resized).jpegimage_(resized).jpeg

#113 7 years ago
Quoted from mayuh:

...so, as I own one, I also started working on the next title. I don't want to admit that's a redemption for your patience of delay of AFM and WhiteWater, but basically yes... It is
That big guy will be awesome in 3D along with the droplets in front of him. Very nice for 3D... Now we only need a bunch of people demanding a F14 in 3D

I don't own a FT, but may have to pick up a FT 3-D translite anyway to hang on the wall. I really like the work that you have done on these 3-D translites.

Gord

#114 7 years ago

Who has cheaper shipping? PPS or BAA? I am in the 48331 zip code.

#115 7 years ago
Quoted from judremy:

Who has cheaper shipping? PPS or BAA? I am in the 48331 zip code.

PPS offered lots of shipping options.
I think I chose FedEx express for around $20 to Texas.

#116 7 years ago

Wow, I'm so excited for Fish tales. I just did it, bought a White water and don't even own one yet!

1 week later
#117 7 years ago

Amazing final touches on all elements again form Henrik & his crew! This is fun to work!

Grab your 3D glasses... and: Rock! The! Boat!

Can you see the easter egg?

jammjammjamm2.jpgjammjammjamm2.jpg

#118 7 years ago
Quoted from mayuh:

Can you see the easter egg?

No I don't see it

#119 7 years ago

Oh, I dunno...I kinda thought it was easy to spot:

Untitled-1_(resized).jpgUntitled-1_(resized).jpg

#120 7 years ago

Ordered my AFM translate from Planetary quite a while ago...I've heard nothing. Just sayin'.

#121 7 years ago

Just got some (not all) of AFM, WH2O, and MM in today and more next week, will be shipping out next week.

#122 7 years ago

Hopefully, once someone receives their WH2O, they can post pictures and video. I want to see how one of these looks and make sure there aren't any problems before I order one.

#123 7 years ago
Quoted from PPS:

got some (not all) of AFM, WH2O, and MM in today and more next week, will be shipping out next week.

You taking pre orders for Fish Tales yet?

#124 7 years ago

Ahhhh... That's good I just hope it might slip through...

Regarding pre-orders, we are pretty fast now. But 6-8 weeks is a minimum. Prototyping (only once or twice this time), printing, curing and shipping is at least 3 weeks alone.

Still waiting for the two guys who got the prototypes, what they'd say when they have the final product in hands. And compare it

#125 7 years ago

i'm not sure we need to do the pre-order thing for these anymore, given unexpected delays, etc, it's best to sell what we have when we get them ...

#126 7 years ago
Quoted from PPS:

Just got some (not all) of AFM, WH2O, and MM in today and more next week, will be shipping out next week.

Super. Thanks for the update.

Gord

#127 7 years ago
Quoted from PPS:

i'm not sure we need to do the pre-order thing for these anymore, given unexpected delays, etc, it's best to sell what we have when we get them ...

Since 'Pinball Dreams' is the vendor I wasn't worried about them delivering the final product as they have a proven track record of producing high quality products (CFTBL hologram reproduction). I don't mind pre-ordering with a proven and dependable vendor, but I completely understand not wanting to do pre-orders after the 'Twisted Pins' ordeal.

Gord

#128 7 years ago
Quoted from mayuh:

Still waiting for the two guys who got the prototypes, what they'd say when they have the final product in hands. And compare it

Still waiting for the final WH20 to get here

I will definitely post comparison pics, I presume it will make a great case for the extra time it takes to go through the prototype stage.

#129 7 years ago
Quoted from judremy:

Hopefully, once someone receives their WH2O, they can post pictures and video. I want to see how one of these looks and make sure there aren't any problems before I order one.

I will post some pics and a vid like I did with the Medieval Madness translite.

#130 7 years ago

Hi Rick,

Will WH20 be available for sale at the CAX show in July?

#131 7 years ago

Also, when is AFMr expected to hit the streets?

#132 7 years ago

How will LED's look behind these? or Colored ones, etc

#133 7 years ago
Quoted from TKDalumni:

A friend of mine has them in his original MM and it looks fantastic.

#134 7 years ago

I ordered WH20 mid March... hopefully seeing it soon!

#135 7 years ago

Really looking forward to my Whitewater from Planetary.

#136 7 years ago
Quoted from TKDalumni:

The post has pics of the translite with LEDS behind it. The pics don't do the translite justice but maybe you can get an idea with the MM . There is also a video linked to Youtube showing the translite in the machine.

https://pinballsupernova.wordpress.com/2016/02/25/mod-install-3-d-lenticular-medieval-madness-translite/

#137 7 years ago

Looking forward to getting the 3 I ordered, Thanks PPS for delivery update.After those are delivered I will order up a FT.

#138 7 years ago
Quoted from wiggy07:

There is also a video linked to Youtube showing the translite in the machine.

I want my five minutes back. What a bad video. Most of it is wasted flexing the thing by hand; is there another new mod I don't know about that bends it around in the game? Then when it finally shows it installed, it pans so slowly that you can't even see the effect.

#139 7 years ago
Quoted from DanQverymuch:

I want my five minutes back. What a bad video. Most of it is wasted flexing the thing by hand; is there another new mod I don't know about that bends it around in the game? Then when it finally shows it installed, it pans so slowly that you can't even see the effect.

LOL, can't please everyone....

#140 7 years ago

Would love if they made Indiana Jones and Judge Dredd. Wonder if licencing would be an issue?

#141 7 years ago
Quoted from wiggy07:

especially the grumpy ones!

#142 7 years ago
Quoted from wiggy07:

I don't see how it could have pleased anyone.

Show it in the game, move back and forth fast enough to see the effect, done! Effect shown, 270 seconds saved.

That hand bending business exxagerates the effect. Why do it, is the effect in the game underwhelming or what?

#143 7 years ago
Quoted from DanQverymuch:

I don't see how it could have pleased anyone.
Show it in the game, move back and forth fast enough to see the effect, done! Effect shown, 270 seconds saved.
That hand bending business exxagerates the effect. Why do it, is the effect in the game underwhelming or what?

Well, it got 4 thumbs up on my YouTube page so at least 4 people must have liked it. Its hard to capture the effect of the translite with the camera so bending it makes the animation move. I shot the video to try and show people how the translite works. Just a heads up, I am going to be posting my WhiteWater and AFM when it is released so don't watch that video because I will be doing the same thing to show the effects. Thanks for your opinion on the matter though, it is much appreciated.

#144 7 years ago

I have to chime in on this. I agree the video isn't the best entertaining 5 minutes of your life, if you haven't seen the 3D effect in real life. Yet it shows exactly the convergence. But you can only appreciate if you saw the translite first

Sounds weird, but it's the truth.

It is impossible to show the three dimensional depth (depth perception) in a 2D video.

It is impossible to let your brain translate the convergence/movement you see in a 2D video to the real deal.

Such a video will always be less than impressive. Bending does not over exaggerate it - it can't: if it's too much bending, the images will jump form their most left to the first right position. The real thing is always superior.

Moving the camera forward and back doesn't work either. There is nothing in that axis that can be captured by a 2D camera. It is only left and right images, that your brain uses to calculate a 3D image from (thus let you believe there actually is a 3D space) you are looking at.

I don't want to get too scientific about the issuse, but in short: the effect is only in your head

#146 7 years ago
Quoted from wiggy07:

Well, it got 4 thumbs up on my YouTube page so at least 4 people must have liked it. Its hard to capture the effect of the translite with the camera so bending it makes the animation move. I shot the video to try and show people how the translite works. Just a heads up, I am going to be posting my WhiteWater and AFM when it is released so don't watch that video because I will be doing the same thing to show the effects. Thanks for your opinion on the matter though, it is much appreciated.

Thanks Mayuh for the clarification. The MM translite looks great. I can't wait to get my WH20 and AFM and do the same exact video I did for MM. The videos and posts that are posted on all of my Pinball Supernova sites are done as an online diary for myself that I share with the enthusiasts in the pinball hobby. Most of the time I look for videos or posts that show mods or repairs of the same type of things that I post on a regular basis but cannot be found. I have tossed the idea around of making all my sites private or stop posting to all my sites in its entirety. I believe that not posting to my sites will be coming soon. It is starting to take up too much of my personal time with no return or someone being critical about something. Everyone is entitled to their opinion. I also appreciate everyone's opinion on anything I post. To hear "I do not see how it could have pleased anyone" to me is just a person being negative. Not everyone has to love everything I post. But, again, the stuff I post will hopefully help more people seeing some type of review or video on the Internet rather then nothing at all. But again, that will probably be ending soon. Enjoy it while you can. Thanks.

#147 7 years ago

You shouldn't feel down because you tried to depict something that can't be captured... Each and any pinball related video is cool

And I exactly know that you find it as cool as I did, as you have the translite in hand too, and your video shows all the movement that is there. Yet it has nothing (or better not very much) to do with the depth perception your brain creates that IS there too along with with all the movement. You simply lack a full dimension

We have the same problem here to show you how nice it is. I even had to send out 3D glasses to Henrik because it is the only way he can see all those little details before the translite is actually made. No animated gif, no photo or video...

#148 7 years ago

Don't get me wrong, I appreciate the effort. Thanks for explaining what I was and wasn't seeing, makes sense now.

My main complaint was the length. If I were you I'd pick up the pace a bit for the next ones!

Maybe you could do a 3D video for Oculus, Gear VR, etc!

#149 7 years ago

Ha! Video editing: blame it on mtv

#150 7 years ago

I just rec'vd an email with a tracking #. I'm assuming it is for my WH20 3D translight, as that is the only order outstanding. It didn't include the carrier company name.

I tried to check it on USPS, FedEx & UPS, no luck. I sent BAA an email asking for the carrier company. Does anyone know who they ship thru?

Thanks
Kerry

There are 787 posts in this topic. You are on page 3 of 16.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/3d-translites-next-titles-wh2o-and-afm/page/3 and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.