totan_fu (resized).jpg
20171227_181909 (resized).jpg
20171227_181909 (resized).jpg
BOP1 (resized).jpg
Funhouse  (resized).jpg
Title (resized).jpg
1FFF3A95-D16B-4050-874C-036B9A6C3D44 (resized).jpeg
6E735FA8-3F1B-4647-A089-9BF1B230B61A (resized).jpeg
There are 787 posts in this topic. You are on page 2 of 16.
#51 7 years ago
Quoted from AlexSMendes:

Guys, a little off-topic here.... I just got an opportunity to aqcuire a perfect-condition RFM for a good price... I'm not that fond of Pinball 2000 but.... can you convince me otherwise?

If it's in that good of shape and the price is that good go for it. Have you played one before? The pf is shorter then a regular pf and that takes some getting used to and remember the glass is MIA so if you ever need a new piece your gonna be SOL.

1 week later
#52 7 years ago

Good news everyone: Production has begun!

Thank you for being so patient. Thanks to that we were able to improve quite a few things. Colors, sharpness, contrast, depth, etc. Even installation is easier without the need for a second diffusion sheet.

Can someone please proof-read the installation manuals? Not that you'd need a manual with it, but you'd never know

Thanks,
Mario.

Copy_of_3DTransliteInstallation(WPC).pdfCopy_of_3DTransliteInstallation(WPC).pdf

#53 7 years ago

I like the trash photo.
Nice touch.
Humor is always welcome in my house.

Oh and Glass has two S's in it.

#54 7 years ago

So, if anyone has a spare WH2O translite that they're going to store carefully in a trash can, let me know. I could use one that hasn't been yellowed to hell and back.

I might have to consider one of these 3D ones though. How do they compare to the kind used on Avatar? I've always thought it looked a little blurry.

#55 7 years ago
Quoted from Arcade:

I like the trash photo.
Nice touch.
Humor is always welcome in my house.
Oh and Glass has two S's in it.

The trash idea was borrowed from dp

Anyway:
Thanks! Anything else? Austrian English grammar could be off

Btw, you qualified for a test prototype piece of 3D translite history. PM me you address please...

image_(resized).jpegimage_(resized).jpeg

#56 7 years ago

I pre-ordered an AFM translite from PPS on March 26. Any estimate on when I'll get it?

Thanks!

#57 7 years ago

Found some additional typos. Can't wait to receive my WH20, thanks for making these!

Screen_Shot_2016-06-03_at_1.56.03_PM_(resized).pngScreen_Shot_2016-06-03_at_1.56.03_PM_(resized).png

Screen_Shot_2016-06-03_at_1.56.20_PM_(resized).pngScreen_Shot_2016-06-03_at_1.56.20_PM_(resized).png

Screen_Shot_2016-06-03_at_1.55.27_PM_(resized).pngScreen_Shot_2016-06-03_at_1.55.27_PM_(resized).png

#58 7 years ago

Maybe I missed it , but what are the shipping cost/options ?

#59 7 years ago
Quoted from mbaumle:

I might have to consider one of these 3D ones though. How do they compare to the kind used on Avatar? I've always thought it looked a little blurry.

My friend has a MM and it makes my Avatar tl look like trash. He put a few colored leds and flashers in his and it's a thing of pure pinball beauty. BUY IT! If they made it for RFM I'd buy it in a second.

#60 7 years ago
Quoted from mayuh:

The trash idea was borrowed from dp
Anyway:
Thanks! Anything else? Austrian English grammar could be off
Btw, you qualified for a test prototype piece of 3D translite history. PM me you address please...

PM sent. And thanks a million.
Looking forward to a Whitewater when they are done
What a great product.

#61 7 years ago

I'm waiting for all 3 to ship at once ? Any idea when ?

Thanks

#62 7 years ago

Looking forward to a Fish Tales if it ever happens!

#63 7 years ago

Even though I'm not really qualified to write about shipping dates, our plan is to ship to the USA in exactly a week (June, 16th). Depending on various environmental factors (pressure, humidity, etc.) I'm positive you start following the installation steps by end of the month

Ask Arcade and GorillaBiscuits (they should have their blurry, no contrast, flat prototypes by now), once they have their final translites... The patience you all showed was well worth it

...on to the next titles!

#64 7 years ago
Quoted from mayuh:

...on to the next titles!

RFM? (fingers crossed)

#65 7 years ago

Just got my WH20 prototype... can't believe it made it here in a day from Austria!

Even though it has all the above mentioned mistakes, it still looks really vibrant and absolutely fantastic in person. Can not wait to get the finished thing later this month. Thanks Mario!

Screen_Shot_2016-06-08_at_1.49.33_PM.pngScreen_Shot_2016-06-08_at_1.49.33_PM.png

#66 7 years ago
Quoted from GorillaBiscuits:

it still looks really vibrant and absolutely fantastic in person. Can not wait to get the finished thing later this month. Thanks Mario!

You're welcome thanks for your help! But

Sorry to disagree: No it doesn't

I'd say the final is 10 times more vibrant and don't get me started on depth...

Hope you enjoy it! And the real one even more so!

#67 7 years ago
Quoted from mayuh:

You're welcome thanks for your help! But
Sorry to disagree: No it doesn't
I'd say the final is 10 times more vibrant and don't get me started on depth...
Hope you enjoy it! And the real one even more so!

I pre-ordered a WH2O 3-D translite on March 30, 2016, through PPS. I am still undecided whether to put it in a frame and hang it in my game room or to install it directly into my WH2O. It will look great either way.

It sounds like we will be getting them within the next month or so from PPS then I would assume.

Thanks for doing these.

Gord

#68 7 years ago
Quoted from j_m_:

RFM? (fingers crossed)

Oh yeah...it's half the size so it should take half as long and be half the price.

#69 7 years ago

AFM only had 7 layers. I was done in about a week after pinball dreams did the awesome photoshop work. wh2o has about 20 individual 3D layers/detailed objects. Just check the videos I posted.

RFM: I let you do the counting of the possible layers I stopped at 80...

There is so much going on in this picture, and that helps a lot with 3D. Though 3D conversion is a lot of work of course, that photoshop job pinball dreams is doing is most important. The most amount of work is on dissecting the objects and fill in the background. TOM has around 50 objects. Some which are partially hidden by translucent objects again. Fun stuff

Anyway, back to RFM. As it is installed rather close to the player we switched to the new technology in the first place. So, yeah, chances are pretty good we see that happen. Depending on PPS and pd getting stuff licensed anything can be done. I personally look forward to funhouse and fishtales. And BoP, F14, ... Well, everything I own

#70 7 years ago
Quoted from mayuh:

AFM only had 7 layers. I was done in about a week after pinball dreams did the awesome photoshop work. wh2o has about 20 individual 3D layers/detailed objects. Just check the videos I posted.
RFM: I let you do the counting of the possible layers I stopped at 80...
There is so much going on in this picture, and that helps a lot with 3D. Though 3D conversion is a lot of work of course, that photoshop job pinball dreams is doing is most important. The most amount of work is on dissecting the objects and fill in the background. TOM has around 50 objects. Some which are partially hidden by translucent objects again. Fun stuff
Anyway, back to RFM. As it is installed rather close to the player we switched to the new technology in the first place. So, yeah, chances are pretty good we see that happen. Depending on PPS and pd getting stuff licensed anything can be done. I personally look forward to funhouse and fishtales. And BoP, F14, ... Well, everything I own

Thanks for letting us know how difficult it would be for RFM. Wow 80 layers and stopped counting, I knew there would be a lot but I never imagined over 80 on such a small picture.

#71 7 years ago

Wow. This just showed up at my door 10 min. Ago.
Simply stunning work and this is Prototype 2 of 8.
The photo does nothing for the 3D effect but it looks incredible.
Just a slight blur in the front section.
This will go in a prominate place in my game room
Thanks again guys. Can't wait for my final version of Whitewater.

image_(resized).jpegimage_(resized).jpeg

#72 7 years ago
Quoted from MustangPaul:

Thanks for letting us know how difficult it would be for RFM. Wow 80 layers and stopped counting, I knew there would be a lot but I never imagined over 80 on such a small picture.

That just means it will be 80x more awesome!!!

#73 7 years ago
Quoted from Gov:

True that. Then if we could dump that tube light and put a real light board in back with placed sockets for leds we could REALLY make it EXPLODE with color. A friend of mine put some colored leds behind his 3d tl and it was STUNNING! You couldn't take your eyes off it

#74 7 years ago
Quoted from Gov:

That's exactly what I meant

#75 7 years ago
Quoted from Arcade:

Wow. This just showed up at my door 10 min. Ago.
Simply stunning work and this is Prototype 2 of 8.
The photo does nothing for the 3D effect but it looks incredible.
Just a slight blur in the front section.
This will go in a prominate place in my game room
Thanks again guys. Can't wait for my final version of Whitewater.

#77 7 years ago
Quoted from j_m_:

RFM? (fingers crossed)

+1. RFM is perfect for one of these!

#78 7 years ago

Hey, no one here is following me on YouTube? Weird... I mean not that I offer much there, but from time to time you get a little sneak peak what may come in the future, when I upload random stuff... As it was really silent here nobody saw it

Well check the wh2o and AFM videos posted earlier and see what 'new' video was uploaded... )

#79 7 years ago

*** breaking news ***

Translites done and shipped to Henrik. He'll repack them for shipping to the USA along with the much needed (LOL!) manual.

#80 7 years ago
Quoted from mayuh:

*** breaking news ***
Translites done and shipped to Henrik. He'll repack them for shipping to the USA along with the much needed (LOL!) manual.

Whitewater and AFM?

#81 7 years ago

Morning pinheads..

YES !!! they arrived half an hour ago and what shall I say - the additional time we invested in these translites were worth every minute. I really like the result....foil is slightly thicker than MM translite but still works. The 3D impression therefor is simply stunning. We'll repack everything in the next 2-3 days and they should be in the US beginning of next week.

Thank you very much for your kind patience - hope you like them as much as we do !! Next titles will be announced soon

Cheers

Henrik

DSC_0260_(resized).JPGDSC_0260_(resized).JPG

DSC_0262_(resized).JPGDSC_0262_(resized).JPG

DSC_0263_(resized).JPGDSC_0263_(resized).JPG

#82 7 years ago

Maaann..the more I look at them the better they become. Incredible depth...so let me just thank my partner at this point: YES - we made the pain staking Photoshop work...but dear Mario - your work on this first common project was outstanding - I assume you did 3D before I think a first class German - Austrian cooperation made this possible...thx a lot mate.

Future titles to be announced soon. Will ask Rick for his opinion but for us - next 3 titles are clear

Have fun out there
Warm regards

Henrik

#83 7 years ago

Never saw this project before today, but I ordered one this morning. Nice work. Looking forward to getting one.

#84 7 years ago

Are the next batch of MM translights shipping with these as well? I have one on order with PPS so just curious

#85 7 years ago

Thanks! now only our have to customers like them...

I'm off, gone fishing... While you do some magic, because mars kneads women!

#86 7 years ago
Quoted from mayuh:

While you do some magic, because mars kneads women!

Is that a hint that RFM is next?

#87 7 years ago
Quoted from MustangPaul:

Is that a hint that RFM is next?

Naaaahhhhh... I wouldn't dare to spoil the next three titles in just one sentence, would I?

#88 7 years ago

FT, PM, RFM!

#89 7 years ago

YES.. Fish Tales, great next title ! Will match the 3-d topper. Was looking at my Fire! Yesterday thinking what a great 3-d that would make.

#90 7 years ago

Theatre of magic!!!!

#91 7 years ago
Quoted from mayuh:

Naaaahhhhh... I wouldn't dare to spoil the next three titles in just one sentence, would I?

Oh your sooooo cruel. I just want to know so I have time to case a bank I'll have to rob to pay for it.

#92 7 years ago

Why are the Whitewater photos all upside down?
But seriously I can't wait for mine to arrive.

#93 7 years ago
Quoted from Arcade:

Why are the Whitewater photos all upside down?
But seriously I can't wait for mine to arrive.

You gotta ask apple... Their metadata is totally inconsistent.

Wow, there's a lot of detail in the left fishing barn... And no one checked the physics. If the worm is still on the hook (and not yet eaten), why would the rod from the guy in the boat bend anyways...

I'm sure, you don't know what I've been working on

#94 7 years ago
Quoted from mayuh:

You gotta ask apple... Their metadata is totally inconsistent.
Wow, there's a lot of detail in the left fishing barn... And no one checked the physics. If the worm is still on the hook (and not yet eaten), why would the rod from the guy in the boat bend anyways...
I'm sure, you don't know what I've been working on

1) Glad I'm not the only one who thinks iphones suck!

2) You're already making me regret selling my FT!

#95 7 years ago
Quoted from mayuh:

Thanks! now only our have to customers like them...
I'm off, gone fishing... While you do some magic, because mars kneads women!

4/5 (no MM)

My wallet does not thank you!

#96 7 years ago
Quoted from Jvspin:

4/5 (no MM)
My wallet does not thank you!

Your eyes will I'm pretty confident about that...

#97 7 years ago

Just ordered both, already bought MM. Looking forward to ToM and RFM, hopefully!

#98 7 years ago
Quoted from RobertWinter:

Just ordered both, already bought MM. Looking forward to ToM and RFM, hopefully!

Both of those and Fish Tales are a no brainer
Can't wait to see what they come up with.

#99 7 years ago
Quoted from Arcade:

Both of those and Fish Tales are a no brainer
Can't wait to see what they come up with.

I never wanted to blatantly post it straight at your eyes, but I only have a mere 18 views over there at YouTube...

Get ready for some nice (2d, yet animated) instruction cards.

#100 7 years ago
Quoted from mayuh:

The hook in the fish's mouth looks like it's caught on the mouth by teeth. Thus the boat yanking up, knocking guy out of boat and the strain on fishing pole. Love the thought of detail in the scales on Monster fish giving depth. We know how good the water and lake will look. The fire cloud work on AFM can evolve to the clouds and storm on upper left of FT.

There are 787 posts in this topic. You are on page 2 of 16.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/3d-translites-next-titles-wh2o-and-afm/page/2?hl=acaciolo and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.