Topic Stats

• 743 posts
  • 137 Pinsiders participating
  • Latest reply 35 days ago by Ericpinballfan
  • Topic is favorited by 74 Pinsiders

You

Linked Games

Topic Gallery

There have been 97 images uploaded to this topic. (View topic image gallery).

89030A2D-C842-4C93-98A1-AD2277C62DD4 (resized).png
TOTAN_done.jpg
TOTAN_done_xid.jpg
TOTAN_done_zbuffer.jpg
A80D8592-1EC6-40E9-88C6-EB55E674F1B8 (resized).jpeg
totan_fu (resized).jpg
20171227_181909 (resized).jpg
BOP1 (resized).jpg
Funhouse  (resized).jpg
Title (resized).jpg
1FFF3A95-D16B-4050-874C-036B9A6C3D44 (resized).jpeg
6E735FA8-3F1B-4647-A089-9BF1B230B61A (resized).jpeg
AB75B019-49AF-4CF3-81B3-8F987501FD9A (resized).jpeg
A1A64CE2-A8C1-4B44-B2E6-5A3F71028BE3 (resized).jpeg
cr2 (resized).jpg

There are 743 posts in this topic. You are on page 14 of 15.
#651 1 year ago

I purchased and have since sold a 3D White Water Translite. I just didn't like the way the images in the background were out of focus. I think in my game the original is better.

How does the image quality compare to that of the 3D White Water?

I also bought the Attack from Mars 3D translite and like it better than the original.

#652 1 year ago

I just installed a 3d translite in my Fun House and it looks fantastic.I have FT,AFM,MM,TOM,Wh20 .They all look great, Fun House needed it the most.look forward to titles

#653 1 year ago
Quoted from whitey:

I just installed a 3d translite in my Fun House and it looks fantastic.I have FT,AFM,MM,TOM,Wh20 .They all look great, Fun House needed it the most.look forward to more titles

#654 1 year ago

#655 1 year ago

I would love to see F14 done !!!

#656 1 year ago

Funhouse looks awesome. Creature now plz!!

#657 1 year ago

Wasn’t creature finished ages ago? Is the licensing that terrible?

Since there’s not a single decent official repro translite available many of us are literally foaming at the mouth for one.

My fully testored game has been SO sad with its nicotine stained translite, c’mon PPS help some brothers out

#658 1 year ago
Quoted from GorillaBiscuits:

My fully testored game

Im assuming you must have used Testors paint on the cabinet ?

#659 1 year ago

Has anyone tried the 3D FunHouse translite with LED's? I tried LED's with my original and it washed it out. The whole playfield is LED and the translite looks really dull with incandescent lamps.

#660 1 year ago
Quoted from SUPERBEE:

Im assuming you must have used Testors paint on the cabinet ?

Gaga... carp, hue deed theet got post mein autocorrectttt?

#661 1 year ago

Gaga... carp, hue deed theet got post mein autocorrectttt?

Exactly !!! lol

#662 1 year ago

Wasn’t creature finished ages ago? Is the licensing that terrible?
Since there’s not a single decent official repro translite available many of us are literally foaming at the mouth for one.
My fully testored game has been SO sad with its nicotine stained translite, c’mon PPS help some brothers out

I have heard people have them but I've never seen them for sale. I always assumed it was licensing but now they (PPS) make holos and side art and other stuff, so it seems like they have the rights, plus I read someplace that the Universal Monsters rights are pretty easy to get, hence the heavily rumored Monster Bash remake, so what's the holdup on a translite?? Or OMG a playfield. If they made repro playfields this might go from being a "cheap and clean" player to an out and out restore, you know?

1 week later
#663 1 year ago

Happy New Year!

Quoted from Shredso:

Has anyone tried the 3D FunHouse translite with LED's? I tried LED's with my original and it washed it out. The whole playfield is LED and the translite looks really dull with incandescent lamps.

I tried it, trashed it a few times, re-did it and now it looks fantastic... the print (-ing technique) is barely comparable to anything you might have seen when it comes to translites. It’s really, really dense and we have a white diffuser layer on the back that evens out and spreads the LED light, so you don’t get hot spots. Funhouse was very carefully color corrected. Sure, I’m biased, but you can trust me - as I don’t have any share on sales

#664 1 year ago
Quoted from gunstarhero:

I have heard people have them but I've never seen them for sale. I always assumed it was licensing but now they (PPS) make holos and side art and other stuff, so it seems like they have the rights, plus I read someplace that the Universal Monsters rights are pretty easy to get, hence the heavily rumored Monster Bash remake, so what's the holdup on a translite?? Or OMG a playfield. If they made repro playfields this might go from being a "cheap and clean" player to an out and out restore, you know?

What he said. Waiting on MB and CFTBL

#666 1 year ago

so the white water one is not that good, ......basically is what I'm reading?

3 weeks later
#667 1 year ago

Bumpity, bump, bump!
Any updates on current title work?

#668 1 year ago
Quoted from ccbiggsoo7:

so the white water one is not that good, ......basically is what I'm reading?

I have a WH2O 3-D translite and I really like it. Some have commented that the some of the far background objects are not as clear as in the original translite, but from what I understand this cannot be helped.

This thread has a lot of information from the OP which explains it much better than I can.

Gord

2 weeks later
#669 1 year ago

yeah, update

I'm busy as f@#* for no reason at all - I blame it on my RL customers We picked up work on ToTAN again - along with another new title. Looks like it's going to be a busy spring for the 3D translites rather than a calm winter season

Mario.

totan_fu (resized).jpg

#670 1 year ago
Quoted from mayuh:

yeah, update
I'm busy as f@#* for no reason at all - I blame it on my RL customers We picked up work on ToTAN again - along with another new title. Looks like it's going to be a busy spring for the 3D translites rather than a calm winter season
Mario.

Ah, now my interest is piqued. What is the other new title (not TOTAN) that is in the works?

Gord

#671 1 year ago

Will there be a vendor with these at Allentown? Specifically the Funhouse translite.

#672 1 year ago
Quoted from SUPERBEE:

I would love to see F14 done !!!

I agree!

#674 1 year ago

Me too

#675 1 year ago

A80D8592-1EC6-40E9-88C6-EB55E674F1B8 (resized).jpeg

4 weeks later
#676 11 months ago

Bump. Any news?

#677 11 months ago

Bump? Yeah, I literally just finished TOTAN And I mean right now. Just came here to post the end result.... It's gonna be great, as there are lots of layer and different depths really close to each other.

For a preview, you'd need anaglyph glasses or for us old folks from the 90ies, you may also cross-eye the colored one. All others can refer to the z-buffer greyscale image, that might give a sense of depth.

3-4 weeks for production, 3-4 weeks shipping.

And... well, s'up Maverick? )))))

TOTAN_done_zbuffer.jpg

TOTAN_done_xid.jpg

TOTAN_done.jpg

#678 11 months ago
Quoted from mayuh:

And... well, s'up Maverick? )))))

TOTAN looks amazing!!! Great job as always!

Also,
“I feel the need... the need for speed!”

89030A2D-C842-4C93-98A1-AD2277C62DD4 (resized).png

#679 11 months ago

beautiful job mayuh

#680 11 months ago

How about Getaway? I bet it would look cool with a 3D translite...

Not to mention I kinda need a Getaway translite so...

2 weeks later
#681 10 months ago

Any progress on future releases?

#682 10 months ago

We don't have a go from the license holder yet...

F14 is being scanned, restored (not really needed as I found a NOS one, but hey, it should be perfect, right?) and dissected right now.

At least I don't do Queen or Playboy

1 week later
#683 10 months ago

Hmmm... Still nothing. No feedback. What’s happening?

Crazy times in the pinball universe? F14 almost done too... hello world? ping?

3 weeks later
#684 9 months ago

Have licensing issues been resolved?

#685 9 months ago

I have purchased most of the titles you have already released and they are all fantastic.

Looking forward to F-14 as that will fit nicely into my someday-to-be-restored F-14 plans!

#686 9 months ago

I honestly have no idea or any information. Let the other guys chime in...

#687 9 months ago

How's Totan coming? Been almost 8 weeks.
Thanks Eric

1 week later
#688 9 months ago

Neither Henrik nor I got any feedback. I’m sitting here on 2 finished translites, the 3rd ready to go... no reaction. Hmmm... that’s kinda weird. And astonishing. And kinda scary.

The printing guy also sits on 2 metric tons of lenticular sheets for those 3 runs.

Annoying.

#689 9 months ago

By feedback; do you mean the license holder (PPS) or the community at large?

#690 9 months ago

Keep at it. Keep pestering. I want my F-14 translite!

#691 9 months ago

Wonder if the rumours about PPS' license being about to run out were true.

#692 9 months ago

Oh man, so want the TOTAN translight. I've been waiting for this for a long time. Keep up the persistence as the squeaky wheel always gets oiled

#693 9 months ago
Quoted from rubberducks:

Wonder if the rumours about PPS' license being about to run out were true.

Pinball Arcade can no longer sell Bally and Williams titles after June 30th.
http://farsightstudios.com/

#694 9 months ago
Quoted from mayuh:

Neither Henrik nor I got any feedback. I’m sitting here on 2 finished translites, the 3rd ready to go...

Are you able to show your progress without permission form the license holder?

#695 9 months ago
Quoted from cletus14:

Pinball Arcade can no longer sell Bally and Williams titles after June 30th.
http://farsightstudios.com/

Don't think PPS ever had any right to digital stuff. So that was licensed directly from WMS. Something which they've now chosen to withdraw.

#696 9 months ago
Quoted from rubberducks:

Don't think PPS ever had any right to digital stuff. So that was licensed directly from WMS. Something which they've now chosen to withdraw.

Hmm. I’m just wondering if it’s all related. Somebody is pulling strings somewhere.

#697 9 months ago

Yeah, PPS never had any rights that mattered to FarSight Studios as far as I can remember as a beta tester/massive backer there.

Just returned from hospital (nothing too serious, no worries, just got a whole WPC95 cable harness attached to me ), I really don't have any answers, but according to Henrik he doesn't get any feedback. And I really highly doubt he's talking to WMS/Bally/Cesar's directly...

Maybe both Henrik and Rick can (re-)join here and clarify?

#698 8 months ago

The more I think about this delay, and what it could mean, I get really....

#699 8 months ago

mayuh
hopefully an answer is in the works once the end of the month rolls by. maybe, scientific is waiting for the license to run out with farsight before moving on anything else (just a guess

it does seem odd that henrik hasn't heard anything from rick (although to be fair, I haven't seen rick on pinside in quite a while either so it's anyone's guess what is going on

2 weeks later
#700 8 months ago

Any news?
Are any teaser pics of your current work allowed to be shown?

Promoted items from the Pinside Marketplace
Cabinet - Other
Rock Custom Pinball
$ 89.99
$ 89.99
$ 36.99
Lighting - Interactive
Lee's Parts
$ 159.99
Lighting - Other
Lighted Pinball Mods
$ 9.99
Eproms
Matt's Basement Arcade
$ 36.99
Eproms
Matt's Basement Arcade
$ 9.99
Eproms
Matt's Basement Arcade
$ 159.99
Lighting - Other
Lighted Pinball Mods
$ 26.99
Lighting - Interactive
Lee's Parts
$ 229.99
$ 16.50
Lighting - Led
Lermods
Wanted
Machine - Wanted
Goffstown, NH
Eproms
Matt's Basement Arcade
Wanted
Machine - Wanted
Omaha, NE
$ 55.00
Gameroom - Decorations
Pinball Photos
$ 15.00
Cabinet - Decals
Siegecraft Electronics
Cabinet - Shooter Rods
Super Skill Shot Shop
$ 109.99
$ 48.00
Cabinet - Other
ModFather Pinball Mods
Apparel - Unisex
ArcadeMade
Wanted
Machine - Wanted
Celina, TX
7,650 (OBO)
Machine - For Sale
Santa Clara, CA
Hey modders!
Your shop name here
There are 743 posts in this topic. You are on page 14 of 15.

Hey there! Got a moment?

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run thanks to donations from our visitors? Please donate to Pinside, support the site and get anext to your username to show for it! Donate to Pinside