Topic Stats

• 784 posts
  • 141 Pinsiders participating
  • Latest reply 6 months ago by MustangPaul
  • Topic is favorited by 77 Pinsiders

You

Linked Games

Topic Gallery

There have been 100 images uploaded to this topic. (View topic image gallery).

DSC04242 (resized).JPG
DSC04241 (resized).JPG
DSC04240 (resized).JPG
89030A2D-C842-4C93-98A1-AD2277C62DD4 (resized).png
TOTAN_done.jpg
TOTAN_done_xid.jpg
TOTAN_done_zbuffer.jpg
A80D8592-1EC6-40E9-88C6-EB55E674F1B8 (resized).jpeg
totan_fu (resized).jpg
20171227_181909 (resized).jpg
20171227_181909 (resized).jpg
BOP1 (resized).jpg
Funhouse  (resized).jpg
Title (resized).jpg
1FFF3A95-D16B-4050-874C-036B9A6C3D44 (resized).jpeg
6E735FA8-3F1B-4647-A089-9BF1B230B61A (resized).jpeg

There are 784 posts in this topic. You are on page 13 of 16.
#601 2 years ago
Quoted from mayuh:

...he's bald, creepy and has sideburns like our old Austrian Emperor. In Z-depth. Well, he's still creepy in color

Looks a bit like one of my great aunts.

#602 2 years ago

OMG! I read 'nuts' I need a little weekend vacation. Now.

Sorry

#603 2 years ago
Quoted from mayuh:

OMG! I read 'nuts' I need a little weekend vacation. Now.
Sorry

I don't think they're seen often enough in public for me to bother putting make up on them.

#604 2 years ago

What's the consensus on the MM one?

3 weeks later
#605 2 years ago

...just returned from Denmark! What a great week with some of the nicest pinheads I ever met. Both organizers and players!

Anyway, the Proto has arrived and it's awesome. Seems so we perfected the workflow finally. Colors a vibrant, blacks are dark, almost all is sharp and 3D is on its max...

Don't forget to send in a photo for the prototype giveaway! I will extend the deadline to next Monday (12th of June).
https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/3d-translite-prototype-giveaway-the-machine-bride-of-pinbot

As soon as we have the yeah! from the copyright holders, production will begin. I expect 4 weeks it to be delivered to PPS or pinball dreams for the non-US pinheads here.

Photos can't do justice, as always, but here they are

I'm heading to my BoP to install it and take a few photos...

IMG_2767 (resized).JPG
IMG_2764 (resized).JPG

#606 2 years ago

Works great. Even the red flasher is visible in her chest...

image (resized).jpeg

image (resized).jpeg

image (resized).jpeg

image (resized).jpeg

#607 2 years ago

OH man, if I hadn't bought the mirrored one last year I'd get this.

1 month later
#608 2 years ago

...can you guess the next title?

IMG_0067 (resized).JPG

#610 2 years ago

Yep! So looking forward to this! so many faces, bodies... a real challenge

#611 2 years ago

TOTAN....!!!!!!!
Magical Choice!
Looking forward to it. Cant wait!

#612 2 years ago

Thank god I'm selling mine or I'd have more $ into it!
Thought Funhouse was next ?

#613 2 years ago

Oh man that ones gonna take a while. I'll guess 80 layers.

#614 2 years ago

I too thought Funhouse was next.

#615 2 years ago

Sure, Funhouse is next Rudy just needs a few last steps to completion. My schedule is that we can do the prototype in 2-3 weeks.

In the meantime Henrik's crew started dissecting TOTAN... which could take a while

2 weeks later
#616 2 years ago

I'm in for a FunHouse and TOTAN!

#617 2 years ago

Tammtamm - Hey! Rudy is done and off to prototyping!

rudy_99.png

#618 2 years ago

I can't find an AFM anywhere....

#619 2 years ago
Quoted from spfxted:

I can't find an AFM anywhere....

Want.

#620 2 years ago

Yeah come on guys, do you hate money or something? Print some more of those AFM ones pronto

#621 2 years ago

Sir, yes, sir! Probably curing already...

#622 2 years ago

I tried something different this time with the promo video. More like seeing the whole z-buffer (lets call it a 'fog effect') that is used to create the 3D in this translite. FH is so crowded when you see it in full color, you might miss the 3D depth completly. Well, hope you like it

#623 2 years ago

Looks like another Home Run. How about a Jack Bot?

#624 2 years ago

Mayuh, Have I missed something? Is BOP out yet?

#625 2 years ago

BoP and a bunch of other titles are currently produced and - once cured - shipped immediately.
I don't have enough info to give a specific date, but we started 4 weeks ago. My gut feeling tells me 2-3 weeks to have them delivered to you (in the US). Henrik has them 1-2 weeks earlier of course as he ships to the US once QC'ed.

I didn't hear from my printer (I was on vacation and honestly didn't want to hear anything ) but when I don't hear anything, everything is ok - just like with kids

3 weeks later
#626 2 years ago

Any updates? FunHouse and TOTAN in particular?

#627 2 years ago

AFAIK Rudy is currently at license holders for approval. The rest is printing and curing (this time we do quite a lot with different (older) titles (AFMr anyone?).

At this time of the year it's also quite hard to achieve a good yield. The material we use expands or shrinks depending on the room temperature. We don't want sell any defective translites, so we better take care and do a new 100% setup each day

TOTAN? Analysis, masking, photoshop...

#629 2 years ago

mayuh thanks for the update!

2 weeks later
#630 2 years ago

ALL titles arrived and are back in stock. They will be shiped to the US early next week. So PPS should stock all titles available: Fish Tales, Wh20. AFM, MM, TOM, RFM and BOP. Funhouse in the production line...TOTAN soon Have fun. Cheers Henrik

1 month later
#632 2 years ago

Is there any chance of of TAF getting the lenticular treatment? I thought I've heard talk that anything TAF related is hard because of likeness copyright for Raul Julia? I was just thinking the other day that TAF would be a natural choice for a cool 3D translite (plus I'll need to get a new one someday).

#633 2 years ago

Funny, I was just looking a couple hours ago! Now they're up!

When will Funhouse be done (I want to combine shipping)?

2 weeks later
#634 2 years ago

Morning Pinheads,

Funhouse prototype just arrived in my office. Be prepared absoult stunner ! Think Mario will set up another challenge to win prototypes. I assume it'll be available in around 4-5 weeks. Production will start next week

Have fun

Henrik

1 week later
#635 2 years ago

Go get the almost flawless prototype!

Post your pics here: https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/3d-translite-prototype-giveaway-funhouse

#636 2 years ago

Just li ke to add I have Tom and Afm installed and wh20 ready to go....all fantastic but afm is a standout for sure.
Please do monster bash creature and twilight and I will be in.

#637 2 years ago

These all look fantastic. Great job!!! I wish I had the machines to put them in.
You were teasing an 3D F-14 Tomcat early on. Is that title a future possibility?

#638 2 years ago
Quoted from cletus:

You were teasing an 3D F-14 Tomcat early on. Is that title a future possibility?

That would be a recreational title for me... I'll keep asking for it. Getaway too

I'm not quite sure I can't finish TOTAN before xmas. I think, we will release a few titles at once early next year.

My best excuse is that it is too cold and temperature fluctuation is to high to guarantee accurate printing. Believe it or not, that actually true, plus the current titles are quite complex and need a lot of work and love.

#639 2 years ago
Quoted from mayuh:

That would be a recreational title for me... I'll keep asking for it. Getaway too
I'm not quite sure I can't finish TOTAN before xmas. I think, we will release a few titles at once early next year.
My best excuse is that it is too cold and temperature fluctuation is to high to guarantee accurate printing. Believe it or not, that actually true, plus the current titles are quite complex and need a lot of work and love.

I am guessing that you will not be tackling any licensed titles? If you ever do create 3-D translites for a licensed title CFTBL seems like a natural choice as it contains '3-D' on the current translite.

Gord

cr2 (resized).jpg

#640 2 years ago

Any chance for MB?

#641 2 years ago

I used to be a beta tester for pinball arcade. Given the kickstarters they had to launch to get licensed titles done, I highly doubt I will ever get my hands on one of titles that involve licenses. But who knows.
Currently I’m working on animated instruction cards and a few other ideas

#642 2 years ago
Quoted from GRB1959:

I am guessing that you will not be tackling any licensed titles?

Unlikely. Rick answered from a licencee perspective.
https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/3d-translites-next-titles-wh2o-and-afm/page/5#post-3247047

so; The OP would have to license from Rick (PPS) which is already covered under their agreement - but would also have to get a license from the copyright holder. Universal, etc. It would probably be impossible or cost prohibitive for the small "volumes" a 3D translite would run.

If you think about STNG... it'd probably require Rick, CBS, and each one of the actors "permission" (for likeness)... each one wanting a cut.
With MB or CBTFL; there is probably only one copyright holder so it's a little easier; but unless you are talking about a million dollar licensing deal - it's probably a non-start.

That said; I don't speak for Rick or the OP... so if they chime in - they'd be the final answer.

2 weeks later
#643 2 years ago

Hey!

I just received the Funhouse production samples! Yours are on their way over the pond.

Damn. I know, I’m biased, but they’re great. Amazing colors and depth. DEPTH!

And they’re scratch protected with a thin foil now. So please, before you complain that the colors look dull and everything’s blurry, remove before you install it

See it installed with the all original lights (including the blinking ones)

1FFF3A95-D16B-4050-874C-036B9A6C3D44 (resized).jpeg

Blurry and dull with protective film:
A1A64CE2-A8C1-4B44-B2E6-5A3F71028BE3 (resized).jpeg

Remove.
AB75B019-49AF-4CF3-81B3-8F987501FD9A (resized).jpeg
6E735FA8-3F1B-4647-A089-9BF1B230B61A (resized).jpeg

#645 2 years ago

Looking forward to the totan release.

#646 2 years ago

Funhouse(tm) 3D Translites are here and now available

http://www.planetarypinball.com/mm5/merchant.mvc?Screen=PROD&Product_Code=PPS-3D-FH-TRANSLITE&Store_Code=PP

We have all the other titles in stock as well:
- Bride of Pinbot
- Revenge From Mars
- Attack From Mars
- Medieval Madness
- Fish Tales
- Whitewater
- Theatre of Magic

Totan is next.

2 weeks later
#647 2 years ago
Quoted from mayuh:

Hey!
I just received the Funhouse production samples! Yours are on their way over the pond.
Damn. I know, I’m biased, but they’re great. Amazing colors and depth. DEPTH!
And they’re scratch protected with a thin foil now. So please, before you complain that the colors look dull and everything’s blurry, remove before you install it
See it installed with the all original lights (including the blinking ones)

Blurry and dull with protective film:

Remove.

Looks great ... but 160M on FunHouse ... howwwww.

#648 2 years ago

390 Mio GC - 160 is only 1st Just ask ALF (Markus Stix) -- Awesome endurance, I'd say... It took him 3 hours, no extra balls, during multiball he increased the Jackpot to 10(?) Million and got it a few times every time he had multiball.

#649 2 years ago

I created a video showing the 3D Lenticular translites for FunHouse and Bride of Pinbot pinball. The translites looks great and pictures cannot show the true 3d look that it represents.

Blog Post :
https://pinballsupernova.wordpress.com/2017/12/21/mod-install-3-d-lenticular-funhouse-and-bride-of-pinbot-translite-created-by-pinball-dreams/

Video :

Title (resized).jpg

Funhouse (resized).jpg

BOP1 (resized).jpg

#650 2 years ago

I'd be in on a CFTBL one for sure. Hell, even just a normal one. My original is pretty sketch condition wise.

Promoted items from the Pinside Marketplace
$ 69.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
The MOD Couple
Trade
$ 69.50
Boards
Pinball Haus
There are 784 posts in this topic. You are on page 13 of 16.

Hey there! Got a moment?

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run thanks to donations from our visitors? Please donate to Pinside, support the site and get anext to your username to show for it! Donate to Pinside