totan_fu (resized).jpg
20171227_181909 (resized).jpg
20171227_181909 (resized).jpg
BOP1 (resized).jpg
Funhouse  (resized).jpg
Title (resized).jpg
1FFF3A95-D16B-4050-874C-036B9A6C3D44 (resized).jpeg
6E735FA8-3F1B-4647-A089-9BF1B230B61A (resized).jpeg
There are 787 posts in this topic. You are on page 12 of 16.
#551 7 years ago

Already have FT, AFM and WH2O. Just ordered RFM and TOM

#552 7 years ago

Just an update on WH20... I had Cointaker send me an LED KIT with some cool, warm, and Blue LEDs for the backbox GI. I put the 4 blue in the bottom right, I put 8 warm where the areas are more blurry (front girl and back right, and the cool everywhere else. It really looks alot better.
Just FYI

#553 7 years ago

The old girl is coming together nicely... Got to work on her curves... Plus the details on the vehicles - almost done!

bop_50.jpgbop_50.jpg

#554 7 years ago

I doubt I can get work to fork over the cash for a BOP; but who knows.

Anyway; awesome work... and I'm wondering out loud if Dutch Pinball should be contacting you guys for a Bride of Pinbot 2.0 version for their upcoming 25th anniversary edition.

#555 7 years ago

I can't believe Creature still hasn't been done. Is their a licensing issue that I missed?

#556 7 years ago
Quoted from Zitt:

I doubt I can get work to fork over the cash for a BOP; but who knows.

Same here Zit and besides I have the mirrored repro in my game already and that wasn't cheap. But it sure would be cool to have 3 games with 3D tl's.

#558 7 years ago
Quoted from mayuh:

The old girl is coming together nicely... Got to work on her curves... Plus the details on the vehicles - almost done!

Wow perfect timing, I just got a Bride of Pinbot! Will the 3d version still have the see through parts for the bulbs to shine through like on the eyes? I have a couple of bright red ones on the eyes to make her look all terminator and I'm kinda fond of that

#559 7 years ago
Quoted from MustangPaul:

I think that's the issue.

What a shame I'd love one

#560 7 years ago

My creature is fully restored with a NOS hologram. My translite, however, is pretty far from perfect and it drives me a little nuts ha. I'd kick in some more money if it's a licensing issue. I don't want the gross nude repro!

#561 7 years ago
Quoted from Gorgar1:

What a shame I'd love one

Yeah it would be a huge seller. But never say never in this hobby, right. Fingers crossed for you guys.

#562 7 years ago

I was going to order one of these for my AFMr do I need the $11.00 trim set?

#563 7 years ago

No, the trim set is supposed to replace the 20+ years old brittle ones, you may have in your backbox...

#564 7 years ago

I just installed my RFM translite and it's a thing of beauty. The depth and quality are outstanding. I will hopefully to be able to add one to my CFTBL one day. The shipping and packaging was fantastic as well, my only suggestion would be to not have the tissue paper on the face of the translite as it caused some very minor blemishing that was only in the area where the tissue paper was touching the translite.

IMG_6571 (resized).JPGIMG_6571 (resized).JPG

#565 7 years ago

I received my 3D RFM translite, and it is fantastic!! Great job guys! We love it! My only complaint is the trim set it offered to go with the translite - it showed up and was for a full size translite, not the RFM translite.

#566 7 years ago
Quoted from MacJedi:

I received my 3D RFM translite, and it is fantastic!! Great job guys! We love it! My only complaint is the trim set it offered to go with the translite - it showed up and was for a full size translite, not the RFM translite.

Not sure if this applies to what you received, but I remember reading on their website that the trim for this game would have to be cut to fit by the customer.

#567 7 years ago

I'd love a WH20 but already know that blurry big foot would rile me, wish this could be fixed.

#568 7 years ago
Quoted from jkdblaze:

Not sure if this applies to what you received, but I remember reading on their website that the trim for this game would have to be cut to fit by the customer.

Ah ok. It's no problem. I am a very happy camper with this sweet translite! Thanks for letting me know.

#569 7 years ago

Any feedback from anyone who has purchased the AFM translite?

#570 7 years ago
Quoted from Concretehardt:

Any feedback from anyone who has purchased the AFM translite?

I think all the lenticulars look pretty good including AFM. I posted some pics and video on my blog.

Blog Post:
https://pinballsupernova.wordpress.com/2016/07/13/mod-install-3-d-lenticular-attack-from-mars-white-water-translite/

Video:

#571 7 years ago
Quoted from MacJedi:

It's noted in the description to cut it down. RFM pieces originally came in lengths that could have been different to better fit the translite, so we thought this was better to have customers cut them to their liking vs being disappointed with the original look.

#572 7 years ago
Quoted from PPS:

It's noted in the description to cut it down. RFM pieces originally came in lengths that could have been different to better fit the translite, so we thought this was better to have customers cut them to their liking vs being disappointed with the original look.

Yup and it's the easiest thing to do to. I just ordered 3 today Rick and we can't wait to get them. Now if someone would make a normal but interactive back board for it that would be sooooo over the top. A friend of mine has the MM one and did his light board with matching leds and WOW does that enhance the 3D effect.

#573 6 years ago

Hint for the next title.... Can you guess it?

hint (resized).jpghint (resized).jpg

#575 6 years ago

nah.... Beside the lic issues (remember the kickstarter that was required for pinball arcade version) there's no such hole on the TAF translite...

More:

hint_3 (resized).jpghint_3 (resized).jpg

#576 6 years ago

Oh boy oh boy oh boy ...

That will empty my wallet ...

funny (resized).jpgfunny (resized).jpg

#577 6 years ago

AHHHHHH BINGO, it's Funhouse

#578 6 years ago

Yup Funhouse. That was to easy this time. This is a great one to do, a LOT of layers on this one.

#579 6 years ago
Quoted from MustangPaul:

Yup Funhouse. That was to easy this time. This is a great one to do, a LOT of layers on this one.

And fewer license issues!

#580 6 years ago

Yeah! Rudy is coming... I love the details on Youssi's artwork every time... I hope to get it done for prototyping before IFPA week in Denmark, but I'm not sure I can make it...

Quoted from MustangPaul:

LOL! Compared to RFM this one is easy

#581 6 years ago
Quoted from mayuh:

LOL! Compared to RFM this one is easy

I'll believe that. Almost 50 layers on RFM right? My 3 will be here any day now.

#582 6 years ago

RFM had 74 incl. legal line, logos and the new background structure - it's actually an altered version of the original AFM explosion...

Damn, that RFM is great. I just got mine, and compared to the prototypes it has at least 50% more depth. And the blurry areas are really at an absolute minimum as they are all hidden by objects in front... I know self praise stinks, but that's mostly the work of our ingenious lenticular printer guy. So it's not self praise

A pity I don't own an RFM ;-( I think I need to build a light box for it

#583 6 years ago
Quoted from mayuh:

RFM had 74 incl. legal line, logos and the new background structure - it's actually an altered version of the original AFM explosion...
Damn, that RFM is great. I just got mine, and compared to the prototypes it has at least 50% more depth. And the blurry areas are really at an absolute minimum as they are all hidden by objects in front... I know self praise stinks, but that's mostly the work of our ingenious lenticular printer guy. So it's not self praise
A pity I don't own an RFM ;-( I think I need to build a light box for it

With a product this good self praise all you want, all you guys involved REALLY deserve it.

#584 6 years ago

Look what came today. I wish I could keep all 3. The 3d effect is stunning.

IMGA0111 (resized).JPGIMGA0111 (resized).JPG

#585 6 years ago

Hi mayuh,

How is the Bride coming along? My BoP 2.0 will arrive this week and it probably needs 3D.

Thanks.

#586 6 years ago

Some work in progress sneak peak, before the actual promo video

#587 6 years ago
Quoted from mayuh:

Some work in progress sneak peak, before the actual promo video
» YouTube video

Oh nooooo not another one. You want me to die poor don't you. Looks great.

#588 6 years ago

You HAD to have fun working on this one! Fantastic video!

#589 6 years ago

...still sexy after all those years! Grab your anaglyph glasses...

I'll submit the revised version for prototype print tomorrow. Rudy is coming along nicely too. It's the first time we do two translites simultaneously, but we need to catch up (RFM took a little longer - LOL!)

sexy_hexy (resized).pngsexy_hexy (resized).png

#590 6 years ago
Quoted from mayuh:

I'll submit the revised version for prototype print tomorrow. Rudy is coming along nicely too. It's the first time we do two translites simultaneously, but we need to catch up (RFM took a little longer - LOL!)

If I didn't have a mirrored bg already I'd get this. GREAT work.

#591 6 years ago

Promo done... This time, I kept it slow and steady. She's an old lady, you know

#592 6 years ago

AMAZING.

#593 6 years ago
Quoted from mayuh:

Hey I asked earlier but it got lost in the follow up posts, do her eyes have cutouts like the original translite? I use really bright red led's to give her terminator style eyes but that only works if there is an actual cutout in the translite.

#594 6 years ago
Quoted from Reality_Studio:

do her eyes have cutouts like the original translite?

No can do, sir...

The whole translite is laminated with a white diffusion foil. We need that to protect the backside print. Without it it can easily be scratched and the whole 3D effect would collapse in that area (it would not ruin one picture but 30-48 different views).

I have the red eye LED "mod" in my AFM. It works for me behind the 3D translite. I like it even better, as the bright LED won'T distract me so much.

If you have really bright LEDs they will shine through, but more blurry than with cutouts. I can try to take a photo (on Friday) - as a tip, if you have LEDs that are extended with some flexible wires from their sockets (this is the first link that google gave me: http://www.pinballlife.com/index.php?p=product&id=3108), bring them as close as you can to the backside of the translite.

#595 6 years ago
Quoted from mayuh:

No can do, sir...
The whole translite is laminated with a white diffusion foil. We need that to protect the backside print. Without it it can easily be scratched and the whole 3D effect would collapse in that area (it would not ruin one picture but 30-48 different views).
I have the red eye LED "mod" in my AFM. It works for me behind the 3D translite. I like it even better, as the bright LED won'T distract me so much.
If you have really bright LEDs they will shine through, but more blurry than with cutouts. I can try to take a photo (on Friday) - as a tip, if you have LEDs that are extended with some flexible wires from their sockets (this is the first link that google gave me: http://www.pinballlife.com/index.php?p=product&id=3108), bring them as close as you can to the backside of the translite.

Those are the exact led's that I use actually, they go right up to the translite, I bend them at the end so that the led is vertical. I attached a pic but the camera sensor just can't capture it correctly, it looks way better in person. I'll still buy your 3d translite anyways just because it's cool and I want to support you guys to make more of these. Already have your 3d translites for Attack From Mars and Theater of Magic, so I'm a fan

20170510_133611 (resized).jpg20170510_133611 (resized).jpg

#596 6 years ago
Quoted from mayuh:

Promo done... This time, I kept it slow and steady. She's an old lady, you know
» YouTube video

WOW, I just wish the 3d effect was really that smooth in real life.

#597 6 years ago

Mayuh,

Give us some Rudy spoilers!

#598 6 years ago

Reality_Studio check out these two videos. They try to/are showing the AFM 3D translite with the red eye LED mod. Of course video can't do justice (same as your photo), but I'd say it works Brid also has quite a large white/lighter areas than those tiny Martian eyes.

and

#599 6 years ago
Quoted from ToucanF16:

Give us some Rudy spoilers!

...he's bald, creepy and has sideburns like our old Austrian Emperor. In Z-depth. Well, he's still creepy in color

rudy (resized).pngrudy (resized).png

#600 6 years ago
Quoted from mayuh:

reality_studio check out these two videos. They try to/are showing the AFM 3D translite with the red eye LED mod. Of course video can't do justice (same as your photo), but I'd say it works Brid also has quite a large white/lighter areas than those tiny Martian eyes.
» YouTube video and » YouTube video

Thanks, yeah I'll try it but it won't be the same. Not the end of the world, maybe I'll get used to it, who knows.

There are 787 posts in this topic. You are on page 12 of 16.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/3d-translites-next-titles-wh2o-and-afm/page/12?hl=audiohaven and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.