By Pinball-Dreams

1 year ago

Stats

• 611 posts
  • 119 Pinsiders participating
  • Latest reply 1 week ago by mayuh
  • Topic is favorited by 66 Pinsiders

Find

Search this topic for posts matching certain words or written by a specific Pinsider. Or both!

Linked Games

Topic Gallery

There have been 80 images uploaded to this topic. (View topic image gallery).

IMG_0067 (resized).JPG
image (resized).jpeg
image (resized).jpeg
image (resized).jpeg
image (resized).jpeg
IMG_2764 (resized).JPG
IMG_2767 (resized).JPG
rudy (resized).png
20170510_133611 (resized).jpg
sexy_hexy (resized).png
IMGA0111 (resized).JPG
funny (resized).jpg
hint_3 (resized).jpg
hint (resized).jpg
IMG_6571 (resized).JPG
bop_50.jpg

There are 611 posts in topic. You are on page 11 of 13.
#501 5 months ago

I have FT, AFM and WH2O; they're simply fantastic. I'll get RFM and and ToM as soon as RFM is released (save a bit with combined shipping)

I say make HS2 and BoP!

#502 5 months ago

Rick when is WH2O back in stock?

1 week later
#503 5 months ago

Any idea when RFM 3D will be available to purchase?

1 week later
#504 5 months ago

Sorry for the late reply, I had quite a bunch of other things to do :-)))

Prototypes are great, yet I need some more attention to details. So...

We're ready to ship to the US in week 11... should be installed in your machines 1-2 weeks later.

Prepare your give-away-costume-photoshoot for RFM I'll post the
link to the thread next week. Concentrate on the details, get creative and anyone with a photo of a tank and an RFM will win.... nah, just kidding have fun shooting the photos and enjoy yourselves playing, that's all that really matters

#505 5 months ago

Like to add Black Rose to request list.

#506 5 months ago

Is there a pre-order list for these?

#507 5 months ago
Quoted from Jean-Luc-Picard:

Got the Fish Tales today. Amazing: ordered, shipped and installed in 48hrs. As well, no defects or damages.
I will buy all of the below, I am sure owners of these titles will also
PLEASE MAKE:
- Doctor Who
- Williams: Indiana Jones
- Judge Dredd
- DE: Star Wars
- DE: Jurassic Park
- The Simpsons Pinball Party
- Johnny Mnemonic

Yes if the price is right, Jurassic Park would be awesome

#508 5 months ago
Quoted from shlockdoc:

Rick when is WH2O back in stock?

Amy update on WH2O?

#509 5 months ago

I just received a WH20 from Ministry of Pinball (yes still in stock)
I'm not sure how I feel about it though. The top right corner is blurry as is the middle where the bear is attacking the rafter. Any lighting options that can help this at all?

#510 4 months ago
Quoted from allsportdvd:

I'm not sure how I feel about it though. The top right corner is blurry as is the middle where the bear is attacking the rafter. Any lighting options that can help this at all?

Yep, that's totally true. As a matter of fact, it can't be done otherwise in 3D. If it should be more in focus (no or less blur), it also had to be more in front, which renders the whole 3D idea useless. It's a compromise, but a cool one in my biased opinion

Even FishTales, the middle boat is blurry, yet one focuses on the big objects in front.

One of my employees came to me for quality control some 10 years ago. When I was a little picky about a minor detail, he replied: "If you don't look at it, you don't see it!" I was stunned, but I also knew what he meant.

I can assure you I'm listening to your input, and try my best to get the most 3D effect out of any motive, without rendering it so blurry, it just sucks... hehe, there was this WH2O prototype give away - and that proto was blurry like hell - though 100% correct regarding the 3D space.

Anyway, I hope you can still enjoy it nevertheless!

In the meantime, pinball dreams finished dissecting the bride... so next title is on its way

ekel_b (resized).jpg

#511 4 months ago
Quoted from mayuh:

In the meantime, pinball dreams finished dissecting the bride... so next title is on its way

OH NOOOOO!!! I bought a new mirrored one last year.

#512 4 months ago
Quoted from MustangPaul:

OH NOOOOO!!! I bought a new mirrored one last year.

So did I... Plus I'm using the 2.0 version that I'll never replace!

#513 4 months ago

Where is Creature from the black lagoon.....in 3-d
Magicchiz

#514 4 months ago
Quoted from mollyspub:

So did I... Plus I'm using the 2.0 version that I'll never replace!

This hobby is nutz aint it....or are WE just nuts for being in it.

#515 4 months ago

wait... when is RFM for sale?

#516 4 months ago
2 weeks later
#517 4 months ago

At last...the final RfM prototype arrived. Colors are perfect now... get out your camera gear and submit a photo for the prototype give-away!

https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/3d-translite-prototype-giveaway-revenge-from-mars

IMG_1792 (resized).JPG

#518 4 months ago

Can't wait for this, my game needs it sooooo bad.

IMG_0507 (resized).JPG

#519 4 months ago

I'm sorry to say, that one entry is just so awesome, that there is no chance for others to win my prototype translite. Which could be a little frustrating for others, so....

Henrik will give away his too... Yep, you can still win! Go ahead, grab you camera and get crazy!
https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/3d-translite-prototype-giveaway-revenge-from-mars

RFM_CCed (resized).jpg

2 weeks later
#520 3 months ago

Good news everyone. RFM is in full production, and the batch will be finished in two weeks. Two weeks because they need to cure for a week+. After QC'ing each and every one, pinball dreams will ship them to the USA. So in 4 weeks you're ready to install them

#521 3 months ago
Quoted from mayuh:

Good news everyone. RFM is in full production, and the batch will be finished in two weeks. Two weeks because they need to cure for a week+. After QC'ing each and every one, pinball dreams will ship them to the USA. So in 4 weeks you're ready to install them

#522 3 months ago

Great news, gives us time to save for it.

#523 3 months ago

Order from PPS like the other 3D translites or do I order direct from Pinball Dreams?

#524 3 months ago

US and Canada PPS. Europe, pinball Dreams.

1 week later
#525 3 months ago

Hey, I saw these 3D translites at PHOF in LV. I needed a new translite for TOM anyway and after reading through some of these forums I decided to take the plunge. I ordered 3 (MM, TOM, and WH20), and was honestly most excited about WH20. I have to say I'm most impressed with TOM, MM looks good too. But WH20 is by far the one 1 question. Has anyone else has this experience? I'm wondering if brighter LEDs behind the translite would help?
Thx!!

#526 3 months ago
Quoted from TheBigDog:

Has anyone else has this experience?

Um, what experience?

#527 3 months ago

WH20 just doesn't seem to be on par with the others. Again, i am really impressed with the TOM and MM.
WH20 is lacking in clarity, much more blurry compared to the others.

#528 3 months ago

Curious, because I'm wondering if maybe something is wrong with the one I got. Or if someone else with the same experience might have tried different lights to help the focus.

#529 3 months ago
Quoted from TheBigDog:

WH20 is lacking in clarity, much more blurry compared to the others.

That was answered in a previous post by the maker. I can't find it right now.

#530 3 months ago

I just noticed that the bomb the jet is carrying says Gomez on it.

4c9fa7f9d831c79fb5acb8976df8b45e8095b3fe (resized).jpg

#531 3 months ago
Quoted from MustangPaul:

I just noticed that the bomb the jet is carrying says Gomez on it

In the video I did, I'm totally zoom/pan in on that at the end

Regarding WH2O: yep, it is blurry but not more than the others. Blurry is kind of a requirement when doing lenticular. I tried to go extreme and realistically depth wise.

The other thing that plays a big role here is that the background makes up so much of the space. No title or logo (like in FishTales and even AFM) that would hide some of the blurry background. We really tried to get a version accepted by the IP holders that has the Whitewater logo across on top, but got rejected - simply too much change. That would have helped

Glad you enjoy them!

#532 3 months ago
Quoted from mayuh:

In the video I did, I'm totally zoom/pan in on that at the end

Oh yeah I forgot.

#533 3 months ago

i notice a significant difference between WH20 and the other 2, so does my son. Perhaps something is wrong with the one I received?

#534 3 months ago
Quoted from TheBigDog:

i notice a significant difference between WH20 and the other 2, so does my son. Perhaps something is wrong with the one I received?

Read the above post.

#535 3 months ago
Quoted from TheBigDog:

Nope, just too few obstacles... along with the getaway-hs2 one of the most delicate translites to make to balance depth vs. clarity.

But it would have look ridiculous sh*tty when the most distant objects like the mountains, water, etc were at the same depth as the rafts in front. You should have seen the one with the logo...

#536 3 months ago

We'll, I'm going to play with different lighting options behind the translite. I'll let you know if something helps.
Thanks!

#537 3 months ago

CPR just came out with a new HS2 mirrored backglass. Will a HS2 3D translite ever be made? If not, I'll get the bg.

#538 3 months ago

RFM 3D Translites were shipped from Germany today to us, so we will have them either tomorrow or expect Monday and they will be available then for purchase on the PPS store.

#539 3 months ago
Quoted from SUPERBEE:

CPR just came out with a new HS2 mirrored backglass. Will a HS2 3D translite ever be made? If not, I'll get the bg.

bump

#540 3 months ago

CFTBL please. Pretty please? I don't understand how the only repro translite available has full frontal nudity. I'm no prude but it's kind of gross. Didn't you guys announce a 3d one like 4 years ago?

#542 3 months ago
Quoted from GorillaBiscuits:

CFTBL please. Pretty please? I don't understand how the only repro translite available has full frontal nudity. I'm no prude but it's kind of gross. Didn't you guys announce a 3d one like 4 years ago?

I'm with you Creature please.

#543 3 months ago
Quoted from GorillaBiscuits:

the only repro translite available has full frontal nudity

The creature is nude? gaawwwdd that would be scary

#544 3 months ago

whats the next translite?

#545 3 months ago
Quoted from kapsreiter:

whats the next translite?

Quoted from mayuh:

Bride of Pinbot

Cheers

#546 3 months ago

when lord when will be Party Zone's time to shine lol

#547 3 months ago

Revenge From Mars(tm) 3D Translites - are in and on the store ... check out the cool promo video in the description:

http://www.planetarypinball.com/mm5/merchant.mvc?Store_Code=PP&Screen=PROD&Product_Code=PPM-3D-RFM-TRANSLITE

#548 3 months ago
Quoted from PPS:

Revenge From Mars(tm) 3D Translites - are in and on the store ... check out the cool promo video in the description:
http://www.planetarypinball.com/mm5/merchant.mvc?Store_Code=PP&Screen=PROD&Product_Code=PPM-3D-RFM-TRANSLITE

It's a killer. Mike, the 4 piece trim for $11 is one piece the lift trim?

#549 3 months ago

it's 4 pieces - top, 2 sides, and lift

Promoted items from the Pinside Marketplace
$ 29.99
Cabinet - Sound/Speakers
Lighted Pinball Mods
$ 60.00
Lighting - Under Cabinet
Lermods
$ 4.99
Playfield - Plastics
ULEKstore
$ 69.00
Playfield - Other
PinballToys
$ 219.99
Lighting - Led
PinballBulbs
Cabinet - Shooter Rods
ModFather Pinball Mods
$ 9.99
Eproms
Matt's Basement Arcade
$ 299.99
$ 5.00
Cabinet - Decals
Siegecraft Electronics
$ 12.00
Eproms
Matt's Basement Arcade
$ 36.99
Lighting - Interactive
Lee's Parts
10,000 (Firm)
Machine - For Sale
Murphy, TX
9,500 (OBO)
Machine - For Sale
La, CA
$ 79.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
The MOD Couple
$ 48.00
Cabinet - Other
ModFather Pinball Mods
$ 24.99
Lighting - Led
Lee's Parts
$ 209.99
$ 18.99
$ 44.99
Lighting - Interactive
Lee's Parts
$ 21.00
€ 24.95
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Multigame
$ 29.99
Cabinet - Sound/Speakers
Lighted Pinball Mods
There are 611 posts in topic. You are on page 11 of 13.

Wanna join the discussion? Sign up for a Pinside account, or log in if you already have an account.