totan_fu (resized).jpg
20171227_181909 (resized).jpg
20171227_181909 (resized).jpg
BOP1 (resized).jpg
Funhouse  (resized).jpg
Title (resized).jpg
1FFF3A95-D16B-4050-874C-036B9A6C3D44 (resized).jpeg
6E735FA8-3F1B-4647-A089-9BF1B230B61A (resized).jpeg
There are 787 posts in this topic. You are on page 1 of 16.
#1 8 years ago

Good afternoon everybody,

thought I open a new thread for the next aditional titles of our 3D translites. Next titles will be White Water and Attack from Mars. So we've been really busy working on these titles and we learned a lot in the past weeks - every new title is a new challenge due to its artwork. We of course want to make it as good as possible - as this technique is still rather new to us as well, we experimented a little bit in order to find out where the limitations of this technology is. We tried to push the 3d effect to the maximum which is possible with those lenticular foils. And we did resulting in some prototypes of these new titles which we couldn't use cause we simply over did it. So we were tweaking artwork for these new titles in the past weeks and we're expecting the final prototypes wiht in some days.

After we're satisfied it'll take aprox 3-4 more weeks till the actual bunch is produced. For those of you who want to make sure to get their translites within the first bunch PPS has set up a preorder list for these titles along with a preorder list for the new MM bunch which we'll supply at the same time as the new titles:

WH2O:
http://www.planetarypinball.com/mm5/merchant.mvc?Store_Code=PP&Screen=PROD&Product_Code=PPM-3D-WH2O-TRANSLITE

MM/MMR:
http://www.planetarypinball.com/mm5/merchant.mvc?Store_Code=PP&Screen=PROD&Product_Code=PPM-3D-MM-TRANSLITE

AFM:
http://www.planetarypinball.com/mm5/merchant.mvc?Store_Code=PP&Screen=PROD&Product_Code=PPM-3D-AFM-TRANSLITE

For the European customers please send mail with your complete contact to [email protected]

Prices will be the same as for MM: 199$ for US customers - 195 Euros for European customers

Thanks pinheads for your interest in our products - quite sure you'll love the new titles as well. All looks very promising so far

Many greetings from Germany

Henrik

#2 8 years ago

And here's a little preview of the translites..enjoy

WH2O_lenti-finalV2.5_ana.jpgWH2O_lenti-finalV2.5_ana.jpg

AFM_0.95_ana_dubois.jpgAFM_0.95_ana_dubois.jpg

#3 8 years ago

Do you have to pay for it before it is even made? If so I will wait until they are made and in stock.

#4 8 years ago

No problem - of course I understand your issues....it is just an offer for those who wanna make sure the get their copy within the first bunch.

Regards

Henrik

#5 8 years ago

These look incredible.

Please ... PLEASE make an RFM 3D translite ... they are smaller you know ...

Ed

#6 8 years ago

Sweet!

WH20 Ordered. Thanks Henrik

#7 8 years ago

Hella cool!

#8 8 years ago

Will I have to play pinball with 3d glasses? I'll try that tonight!

#9 8 years ago

I will be getting a WH2O when they are available.

#10 8 years ago

Maybe a dumb question, but do these require 3D glasses?
--
Chris Hibler - CARGPB #31
http://ChrisHiblerPinball.com/contact
http://webpages.charter.net/chibler/Pinball/index.htm
http://www.PinWiki.com - The Place to go for Pinball Repair Info

#11 8 years ago

From a more technical point of view, if you're so interested: I did about 15 different setups for the 3D cameras for white water. From crossed eyed to parallel, shifting distances, adjusting zero plane or try different (virtual) lenses.

As you demanded some translites that are closer to the player than on regular machines *coughrfmcough* (what was that?) I was also in demand of learning new (image) boundaries as well. Who would have thought I might learn something new after 24 years in 3D graphics?

My goal is to deliver data for the best possible 3D translites, even if means that we have to look at something that's just a blurry mess and may give Henrik a heart attack

I think we worked out a neat workflow for upcoming titles. Henrik's graphics team is awesome, licenses running smoothly, I know what I may and may not do... And you'll get an awesome translite. If you'd won my tournament that is:

image_(resized).jpegimage_(resized).jpeg

#12 8 years ago
Quoted from ChrisHibler:

Maybe a dumb question, but do these require 3D glasses?

No, they are auto stereoscopic hence the 'troubles'...

#13 8 years ago

146.00 to ship to Canada via PPS????? I'm out!

#14 8 years ago
Quoted from Bigbossfan:

Wow!!!!! Imagine to Brazil!!!!

#15 8 years ago

Awesome!! WH2O ordered

#16 8 years ago

Damn now you have AFM... I said I'd get an AFM if you made one but I am not even done framing MM yet!

#17 8 years ago

AFM ordered thru PPS. Need to see how it looks installed in my AFM before I know if I will be onboard for any other future titles. (I'm expecting it to look great.)

1 week later
#18 8 years ago

Has anyone mounted a 3D translite in one of these frames? Is the 3d translite thicker than the standard?

http://www.spotlightdisplays.com/pinball-translite-frames.html

I would like to order two. One for my MMR and display the other. Not sure if the translite is too thick.

#19 8 years ago

I have no idea, but thanks for the link... Cool frames! Got to have one now. Definitely planning on getting 3D WH20.

1 week later
#21 8 years ago
Quoted from Bigbossfan:

wow...yeah that is a little steep.

Anyone in the Ottawa area want to combine shipping on a 3D translite? I believe we can put 3 translites on one delivery and cut that charge down to 50$ per person. If so, I'd be in for a MM 3D...

1 week later
#22 8 years ago

Hi everybody,

thought I'd give you an update on the new titles. So...what we've again learned in the past days..producing new titles is always a new task. You can't just use the same settings used on MM 3D translite. Depending on the actual theme (artwork) of the translite you have to prepare graphics in a different way. We received quite some prototypes so far of the new titles but especially on Wh2O we had to adapt artwork over and over again in order to achieve best possible result. AFM is quite easy cause the theme itself doesn't have a very high depth. But we're still working on Wh20 to get the artwork on the lenticular foil. We're even trying different foil resolutions..we're still learning to master this technique with every new title.

But what stands above everything is quality - we simply wanna provide the best possible quality for you. And that is what we are working at. Of course we appologize the delay in production but I guess all of you are expecting some magical moments with these products and this is what we wanna provide. So please be a little bit more patient - the new titles will hit the road soon.

Another reason for the slight delay surely is that my 3D artwork partner was in the mood to participate in the PAPA world championships in the US ) he simply is a real pinhead....))

Have a great time - till very soon
Regards

Henrik

#23 8 years ago

Please don't turn this into another WH2O topper fiasco.

#24 8 years ago

Yep, totally my fault. Papa was kind of a fiasco, but I did well in IFPA. Almost made it to the top32, instead of being last like two years ago.

Anyway, before I left I did some exclusive tests with new materials and a vastly different workflow. The depth that can be achieved now (read 2016) is close to 30cm (12 inch) without getting too blurry results. This is a goal we want to achieve. Nothing less. And yes, it would take time, a load of prototypes made, possibly even a complete change of the workflow. I got a sample of 3D lenticular here (again not very well to catch on video) but it's awesome in real life:

And for the topper... Hehehe... Well, have a look at this:

We might have to use a microscope to get the structure right, but I'm positive I can do it...

Again, sorry to all of you for the delay I may cause, but especially to Rick and Henrik. But I won't rush the translites out and give you something I wouldn't want to see in my own machines...

#25 8 years ago

Wow wh20 is looking awesome.

#26 8 years ago

Dare I ask if you can transfer what you've learned to a replacement CFTBL hologram?

1 week later
#27 7 years ago
Quoted from mrbillishere:

Dare I ask if you can transfer what you've learned to a replacement CFTBL hologram?

Hi Mr. Bill,

Pinball Dreams did make another run of really nice CFTBL reproduction holograms which were completed in late January of 2016.

https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/new-bunch-of-creature-holo-repros-arriving-mid-january

I would be surprised if this second run of CFTBL replacement holograms has already completely sold out. Anyone looking for a nice CFTBL reproduction hologram should reach out to Henrik Maurer of Pinball Dreams.

Gord

#28 7 years ago

Is it possible that a 3D translite for CFTBL is in the works as well? ....it does say 3D right on it.

#29 7 years ago
Quoted from GRB1959:

Hi Mr. Bill,
Pinball Dreams did make another run of really nice CFTBL reproduction holograms which were completed in late January of 2016.
https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/new-bunch-of-creature-holo-repros-arriving-mid-january
I would be surprised if this second run of CFTBL replacement holograms has already completely sold out. Anyone looking for a nice CFTBL reproduction hologram should reach out to Henrik Maurer of Pinball Dreams.
Gord

Expensive as hell!

#30 7 years ago
Quoted from Analogkid:

Is it possible that a 3D translite for CFTBL is in the works as well? ....it does say 3D right on it.

So does RfM

#31 7 years ago

To give you a quick update:
...the new prototypes are being produced over the weekend and will arrive next week. The 'previews' I made with the different LPI lenses I have here look great. Can't wait to see the finals

We also found a solution for the closer backglasses...

#32 7 years ago

Are there going to be any changes or improvements to the medieval madness 3-D translight? Or just AFM and WH20?

1 week later
#33 7 years ago
Quoted from mayuh:To give you a quick update:
...the new prototypes are being produced over the weekend and will arrive next week. The 'previews' I made with the different LPI lenses I have here look great. Can't wait to see the finals
We also found a solution for the closer backglasses...

I preordered a couple 3D translites for Wh20 and AFM. Do you know when these will ship? Thanks

#34 7 years ago

Hi,

Sorry for the late reply. I got my first NIB and was obviously distracted so much by Spidey, I didn't log in to pinside... ))
Gorgeous little bugger.

To answer your question: Yeah, preorders... Didn't know that, though I feared that... I don't know what to reply. Maybe, if I knew I wouldn't have wasted so much time on quality improvements? - ok, no, that would just be a stupid excuse of course I would have invested the same amount of time to achieve my own high standards.

All I can say is: Thanks for your patience. Again.

Well, by coincidence the first production translite will be picked up and shipped to me in the next hours and arrive Thursday or Friday. If approved by Henrik and me, he starts production immediately. The production run takes about a week to print and cure.

Given that R&D and all material and workflow related work has been done (finished) with these two translites the next titles will have significant shorter delivery times.

Again, please blame me not Henrik or Rick for any delays. I owe you a beer or herbal tea (or whatever you prefer) if you happen to be in Austria.

#35 7 years ago

The release candidates (so to speak) just arrived.

I think production will start very soon!

#36 7 years ago

Hi guys,

just have to comfirm - prototypes are great - was worth every minute we invested in additional time. Also from my side REALLY SORRY for the delay but new products sometimes simply take time - from now on we have a perfect workflow and next titles should hit the market much faster. We've learned that every indi´vidual theme needs a different approach....

Back soon
Cheers

Henrik

#37 7 years ago

Any idea what other titles you might be working on in the future?

#38 7 years ago

..caught on video

Of course it's hard to capture the depth on camera. But as a hint, look at the Marsian's hands (both left and right) and the movement compared to the background. Damn, I like it

#39 7 years ago

Will Fish Tales be Next??
Danke Heinrich

#40 7 years ago

When will PPS have the next batch of MM in stock? Thanks.

#41 7 years ago

Just a suggestion, I bet you would sell an awful lot of the WH2O translites if you could get approved to offer a version where you add the game title to the artwork, for those of us with no topper!

#42 7 years ago

I second the Fish Tales

#43 7 years ago
Quoted from DanQverymuch:

Just a suggestion, I bet you would sell an awful lot of the WH2O translites if you could get approved to offer a version where you add the game title to the artwork, for those of us with no topper!

Exactly my thoughts. Yet I'm only the 3D guy, not the licensing expert...

But the topper is on my to do list I'm quite confident we can make it. Next week we will have a microscope session to analyze the original... Or MRI, or whatever it takes Ah... Pinball CSI

#44 7 years ago

Hell, yeah!

Never would have thought that really would do that, but yeah, why not?!

***** First!! *****

Someone please give me an old school AOL 'me too!'

#45 7 years ago

Oh man that REALLY makes me want the RFM tl done. Your sooooo cruel.

#46 7 years ago

I'm still hoping for a Fish Tales.

#47 7 years ago

I ordered all 3, shipping is expensive so if all 3 are purchased at once there shipped together

#48 7 years ago
Quoted from MustangPaul:

Ditto

#49 7 years ago
Quoted from MustangPaul:

Guys, a little off-topic here.... I just got an opportunity to aqcuire a perfect-condition RFM for a good price... I'm not that fond of Pinball 2000 but.... can you convince me otherwise?

#50 7 years ago
Quoted from AlexSMendes:

Guys, a little off-topic here.... I just got an opportunity to aqcuire a perfect-condition RFM for a good price... I'm not that fond of Pinball 2000 but.... can you convince me otherwise?

Nope. Get it. Great game - great fun, and it seems to be jumping up in value here lately.

There are 787 posts in this topic. You are on page 1 of 16.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/3d-translites-next-titles-wh2o-and-afm and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.