IMG_7434 (resized).JPG
2014-07-13 11.11.16 (resized).jpg
pasted_image (resized).png
bride_jack (resized).jpg
FN_67888 (resized).jpg
#1 6 years ago

If you want to win a prototype (signed if you like) of our latest 3D translite, get creative and post here!

You can post a picture of you and your/any BoP - but you can also post something completely different BOP related...

...or just grab you favorite brand of aluminum foil and wrap you significant other, place her/him on a spaceshuttle and... well...

The funniest/best/most awesome pic will win! Judged totally subjective
Contest runs for a few weeks and ends on Sunday 11th June (I'm off to Denmark for the IFPA week for the next days, so I cant post the photo of the actual translite yet)

Have fun!

#2 6 years ago

lol! try to google for a costume and you'll find is this...it's not too bad actually

FN_67888 (resized).jpgFN_67888 (resized).jpg

#3 6 years ago

Well, don´t have actually a BoP, but want to say: your work is ... O-M-G breathtaking .

#4 6 years ago
Quoted from DerRoland:

Well, don´t have actually a BoP, but want to say: your work is ... O-M-G breathtaking .

Thanks! You can participate nevertheless. As of last time you don't need the actual pinball machine. Just get creative, have fun and send in a photo!

#5 6 years ago

I now pronounce you ...... man and wife. You may now kiss your Bride of Pinbot!

bride_jack (resized).jpgbride_jack (resized).jpg

#6 6 years ago

I have my Bride of Pinbot story to share.

In my 45 years of Pinball, I have a Gap in my time from Playing, and following the Industry.

Wouldnt you know it was from 1988-1993, it was a time where my life was focused on Career, Moving, and having my first
child, my daughter, Ashley.

I never played The Machine, Bride of Pinbot on location. In fact, I never knew it existed.
Pinball had taken a back seat.
So, unlike many others, I did not get any adolescent, Weird Science Time, playing the game and building the Machine.....the Wonderful artwork of a machine, The Bride of Pinbot!

I managed a couple games, at a crowded Christmas Party, but in not being able to hear, and the crazy layout, I had no interest.

Fast forward to a couple months ago, and I get an email from Jeff, Pinball Pimp, we all know, that he had one that was mechanically bullet proofed, but a players condition playfield with wear.

I try never to turn down a bargain, and drove down to pick this up.
If you know Jeff, he is a Master at restoring, and no visit lasts 15 minutes!

BOP came home, shortly into my retirement.

It took one evening, and only one, to become addicted! Holy Crap! I wanted to write up a new game review! BOP was stealing time from GB, and TWD!!! WTF!!! What a game, and soundtrack build!

My daughter, who is now 27, doesnt play Pinball much with me anymore. She has her New Marriage, Career, and is moving away next week to Nashville, but she did find time to play, and from all the games I have, it took only one game to declare I should keep this one for her.

Ill miss my little girl, and go to visit, but now we have a new game to bond us, and I hope for much more time to enjoy with her.

Thats my story....Awesome game, Great review to share, and I appreciate those who have allowed me to share and read.

But this is a contest, so Im ending with some pics!!

First, this was to be a gift to me...except, I dont have an I Phone! Love the case!

Heres what my Bride would look like with the years added to be in line with me!

pasted_image (resized).pngpasted_image (resized).png

#7 6 years ago

When I bought my BOP, I was surprised to find that it was a bejeweled bride.

#8 6 years ago

Bride of Alec...

2014-07-13 11.11.16 (resized).jpg2014-07-13 11.11.16 (resized).jpg

#9 6 years ago

I mean who likes bride enough to have her permantly stuck with them? This guy right here!!

IMG_7434 (resized).JPGIMG_7434 (resized).JPG

#10 6 years ago

Niiiiice! ))

#11 6 years ago

5-23-2017 1-06-34 PM (resized).jpg5-23-2017 1-06-34 PM (resized).jpg

c9c268e33e42c9386a14b8aa89e55c5e8ec5c8b1 (resized).jpgc9c268e33e42c9386a14b8aa89e55c5e8ec5c8b1 (resized).jpg

#12 6 years ago

Awesome you are doing this @mayuh.

#13 6 years ago

I'm gonna need one of these if I don't win, so just send me an invoice...

IMG_2932 (resized).JPGIMG_2932 (resized).JPG

2 weeks later
#14 6 years ago

The Bride is feeling sad, still in pieces and still awaiting restore

DSC03055 (resized).JPGDSC03055 (resized).JPG

2 weeks later
#15 6 years ago

Has the comp closed? My Bride is feeling a bit more cheery, now that she has been re-braided

#16 6 years ago

...nope, totally my fault I was extremely busy the last weeks and hadn't got the time for anything pinball related. The hope I can announce a winner by tomorrow.

1 week later
#17 6 years ago

How can I just buy a 3D translite???
I'm in the process of rebuilding my BOP and that would be a great finishing touch

1 week later
#18 6 years ago

Well, well, well... What to say? I don't want to whine about being too busy - so best is to say nothing at all

Unfortunately no one wrapped his/her spouse in aluminum foil - that would have been an instant win. Anyway, we enjoyed reading and seeing Bride related stuff here! Thanks!

The winner is: Mancave - Congrats!

I pimped the pic a bit, added Python (source: http://pfutz.us/LonnieMcDonald/Index.htm)

Take care of your Bride!

Winner (resized).jpgWinner (resized).jpg

My best guess is 4 weeks until PPS can ship - and around 3 weeks for outside US at pinball-dreams.com

#19 6 years ago

that's a disturbing picture! lol
congrats!

#20 6 years ago
Quoted from mayuh:

The winner is: mancave - Congrats!

Geeez mate, you could have at least photo shopped a bit of grey out of my hair and added a bit more ginge to the tash
Seriously though..... Massive thank you for the opportunity to win this prototype!! Bop was the first machine i ever bought, will be the first one i will do a restore on, (in progress...slowly) and will always be my favourite machine. I'm sure fellow pinsiders would agree with me that you and your team have brought an extra dimension to people's machines and that's not just in the literal sense. You guys do awesome work!!
Cheers mate, massively stoked and SUPER keen to get my BOP restore finished now. TY

3 months later
Promoted items from Pinside Marketplace and Pinside Shops!
Cabinet - Other
Rocket City Pinball

$ 9.95
$ 1.00
Lighting - Led
Mitchell Lighting

£ 69.00
Playfield - Other
PinballToys

Cabinet - Toppers
+CY Universal

$ 1.25
Lighting - Led
Mitchell Lighting

Wanted
Machine - Wanted
Albany, NY
$ 30.00
Electronics
Yorktown Arcade Supply

$ 54.99
Cabinet - Shooter Rods
Lighted Pinball Mods

$ 9.99
$ 9.95
$ 200.00
Lighting - Interactive
Professor Pinball

$ 1.00
Lighting - Led
Mitchell Lighting

Boards
KAHR.US Circuits

$ 170.00
Displays
Digipinball Shop

$ 69.00
Gameroom - Decorations
Pinball Pimp

$ 27.95
$ 399.00
Cabinet - Decals
Mircoplayfields

$ 250.00
Lighting - Interactive
Professor Pinball

Wanted
Machine - Wanted
Westminster, MA
£ 58.00
Lighting - Led
PinballToys

$ 20.00
Playfield - Decals
DevilsMuse Arcade

3,700 (OBO)
Machine - For Sale
Memphis, TN
$ 44.99
Cabinet - Shooter Rods
Pinball Shark

Hey modders!
Your shop name here

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/3d-translite-prototype-giveaway-the-machine-bride-of-pinbot and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.