image (resized).jpg
pasted_image (resized).png
Pinside_forum_4210998_1179773 (resized).jpg
IMG_6159 (resized).jpeg
IMG_6158 (resized).jpeg

Topic index (key posts)

12 key posts have been marked in this topic, showing the first 10 items.

Display key post list sorted by: Post date | Keypost summary | User name

Post #26 Crash's Thingiverse Pinball Search Links Posted by Crash (3 years ago)

Post #35 Speaker lights for metal back box Stern Posted by Darscot (3 years ago)

Post #119 Pinball Button Remover Posted by Ashram56 (3 years ago)

Post #212 Swinks Shapeways Downloads Posted by swinks (3 years ago)

Post #682 Gravestone Cross Posted by swinks (2 years ago)

Post #683 Power Supply Fan Adapter (Modern Stern) Posted by plasticbugs (2 years ago)

Post #1049 Ball holder Posted by swinks (2 years ago)

Post #1696 Backbox Light Baffles Posted by John_I (2 years ago)

Post #1721 Spike 2 LED speaker panel Posted by dudah (2 years ago)

Post #1946 Target stabilizers Posted by bigguybbr (2 years ago)

Topic indices are generated from key posts and maintained by Pinside Editors. For more information, or to become an editor yourself read this post!

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider swinks.
Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

#13 4 years ago

Shapeways printed flipper bats in nylon work as have had a set running for 18months. For game use though you need a custom post to attach it.

I also have a home printed flipper bat for shower taps as I can't get a particular locking piece for the fancy handles so what was temporary has been there for a year, lol

1 year later
#52 3 years ago
Quoted from Darscot:

Is there some etiquette about sharing mods? Next up for me is the back cover for the stand up Star Trek insignia and the gravestone for my Dracula. These are currently for sale and I don’t want to take away from people trying to earn a living. At the same time I love how open the 3D printing community is and it’s weird not to upload my stuff when I download everyone else’s.
Speaker rings are pretty generic so wasn’t as concerned about them.

As some of the others have stated when you design something that is totally your design it is up to you what you do with it - share, sell, keep to your self.

If it is a copy of what someone else has done and they were the original - but it is just for you, that is ok, but if you share it or sell it - that is not cool.

Thingiverse likes you to attribute someone else if it is a variant of another person's design.

Some designs take alot of hours to get right and it sucks when someone copies your design and starts selling your design.

#53 3 years ago
Quoted from jedi42:

I printed the hobbit cupholder and have it on my LOTR. Looks great.
And while we are on the subject of copyrights, etc. I saw that someone on Facebook is selling these. Did they get (or need) your permission?
[quoted image]

if that is your design and you selected that you are the design licensee then they should not be selling them - at the very least they should be getting your permission and offering some financial kickback

#56 3 years ago
Quoted from toyotaboy:

This /\
I team with Mezel mods, LERmods, and sparky.. I do make a side living so I know about mods. Couple experiments I tried:
A. For twister, I created an aftermarket fan mod (so you can eliminate the very noisy stock one). I think I sold one? I uploaded all the documentation and STL files for anyone to make their own about 6 months ago in the thread. Haven't seen a single person try to build their own yet (and I had one person ask me if he could)
B. I make some LCD mods, but they are very time consuming to build.. So I decided to put together a DIY kit (where I provide a generic bezel, all the electronics, and instructions for building it). I did this both so the buyer could save money, and so I have less work on my end. I think I got one inquiry in 2 years to possibly build one.

yes I make mods and parts as well and understand that approach, but generally pinball people like to buy a finished mods.
1. I have made about 350 snackbar mods and sold about 6 DIY kits
2. I designed and made available the whomobile kits and lucky to sell 8-10 kits but not a model to have free only because it took over 60 hours to design

#57 3 years ago
Quoted from DavidCPA:

Think we should start doing instruction inserts. This is a prototype for Star Wars. Death Star weakness
[quoted image]

nice design - look forward to seeing it finished, I had thought a while back about cutting out a apron for guardians set and make it look like the main spaceship cockpit

2 weeks later
#212 3 years ago

I don't do thingiverse but if you register with Shapeways (no catches, info won't be shared) and head to these you will then see the download button. 17 items with a mix of mod, tools etc - will add more in the future.

https://www.shapeways.com/marketplace?q=swinksdownload&sort=newest

I do ask that these are for personal use only and not to be shared on other websites and not to be on-sold

Have a best as possible Merry Christmas and may 2021 be a better year.

#219 3 years ago
Quoted from cpr9999:

These ones you have to pay for?
People were generously sharing for free.

yes they can be purchased by those without printers in solid nylon but once you log in there is a download button and you can get the STL file to make yourself.

Enjoy

3 weeks later
#322 3 years ago
Quoted from cpr9999:

Looking at the black / white Snack Bar sign....Question- is something like this printed in 2 colors? Or 1 translucent color and then painted black?[quoted image][quoted image]

for prints like these I get my gear 3d printed at Shapeways or iMaterialise (each machine is worth over $1 million) and this particular design is 2 separate parts and solid filled requiring no supports and solid core.
- the translucent part is resin
- the black part is MJF - so not a hollow part and is solid nylon

the design is very accurate and presses together with the resin lettering going into the black letter spaces

IMG_5121 (resized).JPGIMG_5121 (resized).JPGIMG_5122 (resized).JPGIMG_5122 (resized).JPGscreen-capture-22 (resized).pngscreen-capture-22 (resized).png

#324 3 years ago
Quoted from Mr_Tantrum:

Well there you have it. You can obviously achieve better results and use different methods when utilizing "industrial" 3D printers verses home use types.
These are pretty incredible if you've never seen them before. They are not painted, rather, 3D prints using an industrial CMYK 3D printer.
https://www.shapify.me

similar but different - yes industrial machines but only single color - all grey powder and MJF is a process of 0.1mm layers of nylon dust and then they spray a nylon glue onto parts to join, then the next 0.10mm layer of dust. All the none glued nylon acts as the support. Once finished the natural finish is the grey or I opt for black dyed for other parts - super accurate and smooth finish

Home printers are great for one offs and testing but when you are making stuff to sell I like to switch to solid and stable professional prints - but nearly everything is test printed at home first

#334 3 years ago
Quoted from Rdoyle1978:

$849 for a KIT?! Or do you mean MK3 + kit?
Man, after seeing Swinks’ snackbar post, I am seriously considering just having all my R2 parts printed at Shapeways. That’s crazy precise

for parts like the sign it is precise and snaps together firmly. I allow a 0.2mm difference between the 2 parts - no sanding, painting and looks good.

1 week later
#361 3 years ago
Quoted from cpr9999:

This is similar to what I am doing in concept.
My assumption is this material / consistency makes it easy to light up.
What exact type of material is this?[quoted image][quoted image]

It is actually semi transparent resin and then they apply a light coating a semi-gloss clear to make it more transparent
or
for their dearer more detailed and more transparent option they apply a light coating of gloss clear

I once had a batch that was more cloudy and would not light up as well and questioned them and they determined that they missed the coating process. The coating process does increase the size fractionally which was important for my parts as 2 parts must interlock.

If 3d printed resin you can also sand and the polish the front and back edges.

If it is flat and all the letters joined why don't you just laser cut them???

1 week later
#373 3 years ago
Quoted from Mr_Tantrum:

Such a basic small part, and not sure what Shapewas would charge, but I'm sure one of us would be happy to produce a few for you for just a few bucks.

shapeways setup / handling base fee per part is about $4-$5 plus the part. You could join a few together with a small 2 x 5mm sprue to bring the cost down.

PLA / PTEG would work fine.

as for design Mr_Tantrum concept is better but would extend the wings down a little more so it could be hit on the top and spin off the locking position.

#377 3 years ago
Quoted from Ashram56:

I'm not sure I understand, why would you go to Shapeway if you have a resin printer? There are some ABS-like resin out there, and accuracy is super good with a resin, did I miss something?
Regards

resin will still crack and shatter from potential high impacts

2 months later
#610 3 years ago

I would be interested to hear how the resin part goes - I think it might fail as that bracket takes twisting and impacts through the coil..

I did a similar one for the 80's bally games

710x528_33410052_17651896_1607246963_1_0 (resized).png710x528_33410052_17651896_1607246963_1_0 (resized).png
1 week later
#639 3 years ago
Quoted from PinballCharlie:

I think some people must be way more sensitive to ABS fumes than others. I print many different brands of ABS often in an unventilated room and can barely smell it.

probably because it is killing your cells - I joke

but becareful

1 week later
#682 2 years ago

here is my gravestone cross I did years ago
https://www.shapeways.com/product/9FSM4GNKL/pinball-stern-metallica-gravestone

when you are a shapeways member a Download button will appear

has a rear mount point and hollow so you can light it up

cross (resized).jpgcross (resized).jpg

cross back (resized).pngcross back (resized).png
1 month later
3 months later
#1049 2 years ago
Quoted from Kevin_LHeureux:

Has anyone made a simple ball holder that can be place on a flat surface to hold pinballs while you're working on it? Those things are like soap.
I looked on Thingivierse but didn't see anything.

Is this what you want - will hold 6 balls

Pinball Storer (resized).pngPinball Storer (resized).png
#1052 2 years ago

That would work well I believe.

I don't use thingiverse but keep all my models at Shapeways and a small range as a free download. Just register a Shapeways account and then use this link and you will see my range of free models. Only took a few minutes to print up - not to be on sold but print and enjoy for yourself or a mate.

https://www.shapeways.com/marketplace?q=swinksdownload&sort=newest

ignore the price that is if someone wants to buy one and that is mostly shapeways fee, it is a long part about 171mm long x 33mm wide x 20mm high. Share a picture if it worked for you.

under the description is a Download Product - which allows you to download the STL file.

#1063 2 years ago

Thank you swinks! Printed your model and it works great. I used PLA 10% infill, probably could've gone 0 infill to save some time. Took approx. 2hrs to print. So much better than using a rag! I'll stick some thin adhesive-backed foam on the bottom for placing on glass and likely try one in TPU next.
[quoted image][quoted image]

great to hear, thanks for sharing

#1065 2 years ago
Quoted from PeterG:

Are you not removing the glass when taking the balls out?
I also printed it, I taped mine to the coinbox, need to print them now in Silver for a better match. Maybe tape it to the inside of the coindoor. [quoted image]

awesome good to see it is being used, great idea to put on the coin box

1 month later
#1393 2 years ago
Quoted from Soulrider911:

Needed a Christmas tree topper
[quoted image][quoted image][quoted image][quoted image]

very cool....

4 weeks later
#1551 2 years ago
Quoted from Good-Times:

My new Ender 3 V2 lasted 1.9 prints then dead. Ugh. Hopefully just the power supply, hopefully they shoot me a replacement soon. Kids are so keen to get some stuff done!
Managed to get test doggy printed, and enough of my pinball holder done that it works (just the back missing)! [quoted image]

which way did you print the pin ball holder - base down or on it's side. Make sure to rotate the part so prints base down.

2 weeks later
#1678 2 years ago
Quoted from DavidCPA:

I have not seen one. I had the opportunity to use photogrammetry on one, but I am not that technical. If there is interest, I do have a 3d modeler that I use that could make one. Probably be like $30 bucks.

not sure if the martian is this one, available through a asian supplier of pinball parts
http://www.lijunilluminations.com/product.asp?id=2097

3 months later
#2232 1 year ago

bigguybbr

I first started with the foam at the back and then did the small wedges under the base of the target years ago to lean it forward which sort of worked for some people and not others so canned those.

The problem with Stern targets is they cheapened out on the target design as now dead straight so the target needs to be leaned forward about 2 degrees to be like a 90's Bally / Williams target. But to get a decent angle you start losing threads in the wood and pulling the target lower into the playfield.

Ideally the target needs to be lifted up about 2mm as normally the ball just hits the higher side of the rivet also contributing to air balls so lifting the target up about 2mm gets the ball just below the target rivet. But using wedges / shims will pull the target down still contributing to airballs.

So I then remade the metal target base with 2 degrees of angle and lifting the target up and solves 98-99% of airballs. Therefore redoing the target playfield bracket out of metal means no deformation, lifting the target up and tilting it forward reducing the airballs 98-99% of the time the other 1-2% of airballs comes from the pan angle of the target as a glancing hit to the side of the target can still create an airball. The pan angle can not be changed.

#2233 1 year ago
Quoted from CaptainNeo:

are those actually effective? Seems like something at the top of the target from allowing it to move back, would be more effective on not making it a ramp when the ball hits.

no they are not as effective as pull the target down, less thread into the wood and all the ball to hit the higher side of the target face rivet contributing more to airballs

#2235 1 year ago
Quoted from PinballHaven:

Happy so share a STL that’s why we do this. I designed the part for my AIQ air ball issues and it solved them for much cheaper than the $18 metal bracket that’s out there. I shared it in my shop for people that don’t have access to a 3D printer.

I’ve sold hundreds at a very cheap price for people who don’t have access to a printer and haven’t had any complaints, only positive feedback. Have you actually tested this solution side by side? This is a 3D printing thread, not sure why an innovative answer that has worked for a lot of people is being slighted without any real testing or proof.
They do work. Modern stern targets are reinforced and don’t bend much if at all. If you need more than one wedge you can use a longer screw, it’s pretty simple to solve that problem.

Yes I have tested side by side and use to sell them with a 50 / 50 satisfaction rate for GB, with the metal brackets having a 99% satisfaction rate with the 1% airballs still coming from the pan angle on GB. The metal brackets are better and they are 3d printed metal and I am not saying the original stern brackets are bending ???.

I was just sharing my knowledge and experience from testing and using for a few years now of both so not sure where you getting the fact that I haven't tested.

#2240 1 year ago
Quoted from PinballHaven:

I asked a question if it was tested and asked for proof, I didn’t state anything as fact..........thanks for clarifying your perspective.

Someone mentioned my name, so explained my experiences and then you made comment almost suggesting what am I doing here without testing and proof. Your comment - "This is a 3D printing thread, not sure why an innovative answer that has worked for a lot of people is being slighted without any real testing or proof."

I was doing the wedges at the back and under the stand 5 years ago as was a big problem for Ghostbusters. You can't do your style of wedges under the bracket on a GB as the pcb's go over the mount bolts and with wedges the bolts get awfully close to the pcb's.

After doing some slo-mo video I realised that putting wedges underneath moves the rivet down so when the ball hits square on to the target it hits the top side of the rivet inducing an airball so I then created the metal bracket with angle and raising the target up a few millimetres. Have you tried the alternate bracket before commenting.

In addition I have been doing 3d printing for 9 years and learnt alot of the years of what works and what is cheap and nasty and what is really good. I am not trying to steal sales from you just sharing my experiences and lessons learnt.

here is my free download files:
https://www.shapeways.com/marketplace?type=product&q=swinksdownload

here is my range of 3d printed parts:
https://www.shapeways.com/marketplace?q=swinkspinball&sort=newest

1 week later
#2257 1 year ago
Quoted from mikepmcs:

Since these are the DJI boys who masterminded this, after some research I decided to back it. Unlike most kickstarter projects these are on the assembly line ready to ship in July. I imagine I'll get mine in August at some point.
I went ahead with the X-1Carbon and AMS system. I'll report back when/if I receive it.
r/
Mike

do you know what software it is using, couldn't find any info....

#2292 1 year ago
Quoted from Miguel351:

I've already got it drawn up, that was the easy part.

Here's a screenshot of what I see for both these situations, following both guides. Those two file options are greyed out, most likely because it's a personal, non-commercial license. Since DWG and DXF are production-ready file formats used by most everyone out there, they're making sure that someone doesn't get the free version, start drawing parts, and start making them and selling them, all using a free version of their software.[quoted image]

question for you:
while I am a solidworks user, I am pretty sure it is for all the programs - are you trying to export a 3d shape into a dxf? if so it won't work as dxf is generated from a single layer of lines and not a 3d shape.

try creating a cad drawing by importing the 3d model and dropping on to the page as you 3 different views - top, bottom, side and then delete what you don't need and then you will have your dwg / dxf ready file.

or save as a IGES / STEP / CAM file from your 3D program / 3D model to create a 3D file but really depends what the company who is making the parts file preference is.

Are you getting Stainless steel cut or a playfield cut?

#2293 1 year ago
Quoted from OLDPINGUY:

I'm trying to help a friend 3d print a product to look and feel closest to metal.
He needs around 10 thousand pieces printed over time, in the first product.
It's tricky when one wants to get right to the answers, instead of experimenting.
If this is anyone's wheelhouse, feel free to shoot me a PM.
The company makes conductive filament too. How cool for pin mods to print socket and wiring in a mod, with terminals ready to go on the outside!

This machine is expensive but also and gives the same quality as Shapeways MJF grey which parts can be dyed to darker than the grey. This machine would pay itself off with your friends intended work.

https://formlabs.com/asia/3d-printers/fuse-1/

#2295 1 year ago
Quoted from Miguel351:

I have the file(and a couple slight variations of the part in other files) saved already in the standard F360 format; and with my first version, I've also got a full drawing done as a flat pattern with an isometric view, but the free version of F360 won't let you export it as anything, not even a PDF, let alone a DWG or DXF.
As far as the material, it'll be a metal part, but I think stainless might be too soft, unless I make it thicker. But, that might be too thick to bend at the radius and clearance the part needs. The company that I'll be using to make it for me is a company that I used to have make all manner of custom parts when I worked for an RV manufacturer. All they do is custom laser cut and bend metal of all types. I can't imagine this part will cost all that much to make a couple prototypes of, but in order to even get as far as a quote, I have to be able to get them a file of some sort. That's where my issue with the F360 file saving/converting is becoming a real problem.

yeah that sounds like a real pain and weird how you can't save a dxf...

just in case your approach is by chance slightly off check this out as might help ????

https://knowledge.autodesk.com/support/fusion-360/learn-explore/caas/sfdcarticles/sfdcarticles/Converting-Fusion-360-to-DWG-or-DXF.html

3 weeks later
#2331 1 year ago
Quoted from Shmilder:

Hi All,
Does anyone have a Judge Dredd with the topper and willing to use the lidar on their phone and an app to scan the topper for me.
Would love to attempt to 3D print one.
Cheers

topper available in Melbourne

https://www.rtbb.com.au/product/bally-judge-dredd-eagle-topper-03-8936/

#2350 1 year ago

made a servo testing rig - 3d printers are very handy.

#2352 1 year ago
Quoted from Ashram56:

I sense a mod in design
Curious though, why not simply drive the servo through a simple arduino GPIO ?

I am not skilled in arduino, I was just curious how long 4 x AA batteries would last - 7200 actions with just 0.5v loss in the batteries - am happy.

Yes a product in the works.

#2378 1 year ago
Quoted from rosh:

Treated myself to a 3d Printer for my birthday, got the Prusa mk3s+ kit, took 3+ weeks to get, and then a weekend to assemble. Assembly was a bit more involved that I realized, but was an enjoyable experience and I was beyond thrilled when after assembly it all just worked. I did crack one part, but have printed a replacement so if it every fails I can replace it.
During the three week wait, I taught myself blender and I've just shared publicly my first project, a reimagined Otto for Oktoberfest. I probably should have started with something smaller, but hey, go big or go home.

thats awesome, well done

2 weeks later
#2406 1 year ago

My new Bambu Lab X1 Carbon has arrived and is AMAZING! Prints are lighting fast even in "sport" mode (~200mm/s) and the finish almost feels like its injection molded in many cases. I don't think my Vyper will see much use going forward.
[quoted image][quoted image][quoted image][quoted image][quoted image]

yeah I was tempted but there was not much talk about software and use with a Mac so held off.

Congrats

7 months later
#4032 1 year ago
Quoted from Miguel351:

Ok, finally got a time scheduled to visit a friend of mine who teaches at a school that has a 3D printing lab. Gonna have a couple new parts printed for testing measurements, fitment, and for basic proof of concept. He said they prefer STL files. Got those as I'm using Fusion360 to draw up my parts.
I'm just curious if you all could give me a few tips on what to look/ask for in regards to the print. Even though it's just for testing, it's a part that has to support a decent amount of weight, so I assume a 100% infill is preferred. I also assume PLA should be decently strong enough, but is there something stronger that if they have it, I should use it? This will not be the final part so it doesn't have to work for very long, but I'd guess it would be strong enough that it won't break right away, if at all.
Anything with the STL file that I need to prepare or do beforehand? Any particular type/revision I need to save it as?
I'm almost completely green with this stuff, so any information will be beneficial. Thanks!

- the there is different pla's so really depends for strength comparison
- 0.2mm layers as opposed to 0.1mm layers - the 0.2mm will print heaps faster but your print lab will know all that.

- 80% fill should be fine as 100% will take a while
- your design print orientation will also play a big part of the part strength - eg say you designed a scaled down pinball leg and printed it vertical in 80-100% fill and then printed the same file horizontally with the same fill. then you stand the leg vertical and put force downwards and gave it a sideways shove the vertical printed will be weaker.

- save as a .stl
- for fit testing allow a variance of +- 0.2mm

3 weeks later
#4135 1 year ago
Quoted from Xdetroit:

Here’s a sample of some I’ve made over the last month or two
[quoted image]

nice work - what printer are using?

1 week later
#4176 1 year ago

I have been wanting to create this for a while to help you guys that want to convert a Gen 1 Classic Stern steel bumper bracket to a more model bolt in kit by easily modifying a standard stern pop bumper bracket. The reason for doing this is the diameter of the modern stern pop bracket is approx 2.5mm larger in diameter than the hole in the playfield on a few games. So you either have to grind the pop bracket body away or remove the excess from you playfield which is quite permanent approach.

This is a jig that comes in 2 parts which you would 3D print up and then if you have access to a lathe (3 jaw) you can clamp the jig around the body and then centre it in the lathe and carefully machine the ring diameter down to approx 61mm diameter.

If anyone wants these jig parts just send me a pm with your email and then I can email them to you.

Print up at 0.2mm layers and about 40-50% fill in PLA or equivalent.
They are 16mm thick and you use 2 M4 bolts or imperial equivalent and 2 nuts to clamp the parts together. Bolts would be about 25-30mm long.

hope this helps.

jig 1 (resized).pngjig 1 (resized).pngjig 2 (resized).pngjig 2 (resized).png

2 months later
#4473 10 months ago

finally took the plunge and upgraded my old printer with a X1C - set up yesterday and did a few test prints - dam fast

13706FFB-5CCF-4F65-8E21-0FA6D7BD69F1_1_105_c (resized).jpeg13706FFB-5CCF-4F65-8E21-0FA6D7BD69F1_1_105_c (resized).jpeg
#4478 10 months ago
Quoted from Rdoyle1978:

Mine comes tomorrow - missed the UPS driver today!
How is the overall quality?

yeah it is good, nice perfectly flat plate, prints great and so much faster than my old printer just in standard mode.

right on writing this the spool had a little moment and unspool a bit but it caught itself and stopped.

overall great, and got it mainly for proto-typing.

#4484 10 months ago
Quoted from Rdoyle1978:

Just got my Bambu! Instructions a bit on the light side. Got first print started! The usual Benchy. By layer 3, spaghetti! Not sure what the issue is. Trying again shortly

yeah the instructions are light....

- did you wash the plate with warm soaky water and dry off?
- then apply a layer of glue stick?

apparently on the Bambu User thread on Facebook, alot of people have issues with that file - mine worked fine..

#4487 10 months ago
Quoted from Rdoyle1978:

Ugh, back to the glue stick? I haven’t had one of those in the house since I started using the Prusa’s steel spring sheet. But you’re right.. this one comes with a pretty lame plastic-y sheet.

depends on the print plate, temperature and printing filament - not always needed but for PLA low temp on the issued cold plate = glue stick

#4503 10 months ago

yes agree, don't like the cloud service approach

#4505 10 months ago
Quoted from Mr_Tantrum:

enable arachne and disable prime tower (infill is variable).

so I am totally new to multi-colour and bambu - just to clarify if you disable the prime tower it just turns the infill multiple colours to at least make use of the colour purging - yes....???

#4511 10 months ago
Quoted from Mr_Tantrum:

On the Bambu, I go with the default flush volume settings on every multi-color print which are more than sufficient to clear the previous filament color in every filament I've used (well over 20 colors using both PLA & PETG including opaque, translucent, clear, etc.) Therefore, no prime tower is needed, just mini filament balls "pooped" out the back which you would have anyway when using a purge tower. Therefore, why do both only to waste time, filament, and build plate area?
[quoted image]
[quoted image]
[quoted image]

thanks for the explanation - much appreciated

#4531 10 months ago
Quoted from toyotaboy:

X1c also gives you an hd camera and supposedly detects issues (but only messages you, doesn't stop the print). Honestly just having a low frame rate camera so I can monitor things remotely is plenty for me. You start to learn that tall parts just needs a brim to stay stable (or some bed adhesive). Haven't had a failed print in a while

experienced a failed yesterday on the new X1 printing a poop chute thing - 6hr print with 5mm brim but still lifted up at one corner and no notification but was about 13mm / 1/2" into the print - no alerts or detection

moved the job a little and smaller brim and printed with no dramas

#4532 10 months ago
Quoted from Rdoyle1978:

I didn’t know about the camera - but good point - who’s sitting there needing to see it in HD? I can just go WALK to it and stare at it IRL !
Trying out “sports mode” (~125% print speed). I’m using non-Bambu PLA - living on the edge baby!! Cut 2 hours off my 9 1/2 hour print though. Yes please.
Finally fixed my issue with the Prusa (small rock of PLA that cooled too fast and too fat and got stuck in the end of the Bowden tubing, had to remove and disassemble the hot end entirely), and I’m a little disappointed in myself how quickly I’ve abandoned it!

That was the advantage of the camera as went to the beach for a walk and chill and check the print with the phone and the camera showed lifting so I stopped the print so was helpful.

#4542 10 months ago
Quoted from Rdoyle1978:

Do you think the standard camera would have been able to show the lifting? Not sure how obvious it was
Funny my Prusa with Octoprint and the Pi camera has a much higher quality image, but I guess this is how they differentiate

where the lift was yes - if on the opposite definitely not

2 weeks later
#4596 9 months ago
Quoted from stefanmader:

I mostly use Tinkercad. I've tried fusion 360,and it has some features that i miss on tinkercad very much. But somehow fusion is more complicated, so that i find myself using tinkercad again. I am much faster and there is not much where tinkercad leaves me hanging.
here a Battletoads Speederbike, entirely drawn in Tinkercad.
What would you say is the best thing about fusion 360,so that you wouldn't go with a different software?

cool model

I am still on a old version of solidworks, have used fusion in the past for a job and the one benefit is cnc machining otherwise prefer solidworks (but can't afford to buy it anymore so have a old computer running an old version.

4 weeks later
#4702 8 months ago
Quoted from GeekedOnPinball:Does anyone have already made templates for the graphics on the miniature pinball machine model on Thingiverse? If not, I may create some to share as I make them.

I did some for the minipin for a few pinballs

1 month later
#4928 7 months ago
Quoted from mbwalker:

I was wondering the same thing.
Just when I think I hit my limits w/TinkerCad...then I see something that someone else did that is really neat!

here is another example what I did 10 years ago now

Stern - AC:DC - Bell Cover Black (resized).JPGStern - AC:DC - Bell Cover Black (resized).JPG
#4930 7 months ago
Quoted from mbwalker:

You did that in TinkerCad, from scratch?

no but a real old version of solidworks

all it is, is a series of curves that taper off to the points and recess 0.5-0.75mm

#4960 7 months ago

well that was disappointing, uses more desk space for smaller parts, can't do as many materials, more restrictions to settings

what would of been cool is if it could have blended bambu filament to create custom colours - will stick with my X1C

2 weeks later
#5090 6 months ago
Quoted from toyotaboy:

It exists as a part you can buy.. typically 3d printing is reserved for unobtanium parts when there are no options
https://www.pinballlife.com/bally-outhole-kicker-arm.html

it wasn't available for a while so I had a few versions available including the guide brackets, Pinball Life has reproductions now but they are like the originals which have a weakness in the design or if the guides are missing will twist more and lead to breaks

https://www.shapeways.com/marketplace/tech/mechanical-parts?tag=swinksc-972-3parts&sort=pricelh

#5096 6 months ago
Quoted from roar:

Has anyone modelled a star rollover by chance? I've done some general google searched but have come up dry. Seems like a good candidate for 3D printing, I just put in a big order with Marco and forgot to add some, and I can't find them on Pinball Life website .

yes I have down that - 2 version
- regular
- 1mm higher for clearcoated playfield / hardtop playfield

#5099 6 months ago
Quoted from roar:

Is the stl available for DIY printing?

Nice, I'll see if I can one of those online converters to work with the file before bugging you on PM.

send me your email address via pm

1 week later
#5173 6 months ago
Quoted from eyeamred2u:

Would someone in the group be willing to make a Start button for Wizard of OZ? I want to create a cool Start button for my machine. I don't see a Step file online and I am still learning Fusion 360, so my attempts were less than perfect for a Stern button.
(Note: Notches on the button are a recess type on the inside of the button).
I uploaded pics of the button dimensions. Thank You.
Ken
[quoted image][quoted image][quoted image]

just sent you a message with a model sketch up

Quoted from RobF:

I would encourage you to not give up on it. The best practice is from trying to make something you actually want. I am not sure how you are approaching the modeling, but I see it as pretty much three steps;
- sketch half the side profile off of the z axis line
- rotate the sketch around the z axis
- use shell to hollow it out and to give the desired wall thickness
That will at least get you a button without that notch fairly quickly for test fit.

totally agree not to give up but sometimes people need a little guidance on the best way to draw,

you could actually draw the button in 2 steps:
- draw the side profile with your thickness and ring notch
- and then rotate around the centre axis

and then just add the last small notch.

The step with adding shell is very handy but not needed in this case

1 month later
#5450 4 months ago

I have a Bambu X1C and just started dabbling in the multicolour prints and came up with a technique to do this.

What are other people's techniques ? - I use the Step file approach.

#5515 4 months ago

here is the new Bambu printer that will come out next

408829194_2013891135647518_8679773143106424872_n (resized).jpg408829194_2013891135647518_8679773143106424872_n (resized).jpg
#5535 4 months ago
Quoted from eyeamred2u:

Thank You, I have considered SW, just never had anyone give any feedback on it.

Solidworks is my go to and am still using a very old version now as it almost everything I want or need - only using old because no fees attached for month / year. I used Fusion in a work place in the past and not as user friendly compared to Solidworks. I was not aware of the $100 a year option - this is great as was not going to support a few grand a year option - solidworks is nice but not that nice.

#5548 4 months ago
Quoted from eyeamred2u:

Here is my attempt at a start button for my Wizard of Oz Emerald City LE Game, with the help from swinks, who created the main body for me. I am basing this off the Emerald City Gate Doors as my inspiration. I still need to clean it up and will use translucent filament for the main body. Any feedback is appreciated.
Ken

looking good Ken

the only thing to be mindful of is the print orientation as while tempting to print flat down the low curve angles on top will show potential bad print lines - where as printing with supports vertically will produce a a overall cleaner print though the top will show print lines. That said a smaller nozzle and finer print this will look great printed.

#5551 4 months ago

I was having alot of trouble trying to set up a multi-colour print in Bambu labs and since I am running an older version of solidworks I just couldn't create the file type needed.

I watched various videos and it seems that it is more a fusion design approach that I could not do.

So in my experimentation I worked out my technique for say for a 2 colour print, hopefully this helps others as you can do up to 16 different colours. You do not have to assemble in Bambu Labs software but their software knows there are multiple parts and it is a fairly simple approach.

1 - design my 2 parts in solidworks as 2 different parts

2 - create a assembly drawing joining the 2 parts - have the parts neat with no gaps and then save as the assembly drawing to keep and then export as a step file

3 - Now open your Bambu software and follow these Screenshot Steps
- Screenshot 1 - drop in the Step file
1 (resized).png1 (resized).png

- Screenshot 2 - select Objects
2 (resized).png2 (resized).png

- Screenshot 3 - select the File Name and it will open up the mulitple parts with numbers next to them
3 (resized).png3 (resized).png

- Screenshot 4 - select a number and change - this number corresponds to the number of the roll in your AMS
4 (resized).png4 (resized).png

- Screenshot 5 - now select your object and then select the rotate to the desired face and then select the face and the part will rotate
5 (resized).png5 (resized).png

- Screenshot 6 - now select Global to go back to the original view
6 (resized).png6 (resized).png

- Screenshot 7 - change the plate to textured if you want the 2 colours to blend in nicely.
7 (resized).png7 (resized).png

#5553 4 months ago
Quoted from Mr_Tantrum:

Is the "AREA 51" going to be backlit? If so, then it is best to do multiple parts. If not, you can certainly design multiple pieces but there is a simpler way. If the font needs to be flush, then I typically just make it .01mm taller or shorter which visually makes it flat. If it is extended or depressed then file is ready to go as is. Simply use the paint tool, and depending on the shape you can use layer paint or fill.

I wanted the letters to light up and be textured and using the above approach achieved a great result - here is my "bombs ready" and that is using the panel 0.8mm thick and could go to 0.6mm. everything is flush with no difference in height (found no need for it)

8C713AE3-8A73-40C1-90C4-E43B6245DEF2_1_105_c (resized).jpeg8C713AE3-8A73-40C1-90C4-E43B6245DEF2_1_105_c (resized).jpegCCCC0D92-D0C0-4AC1-A970-FFDBE3D9B8C8_1_105_c (resized).jpegCCCC0D92-D0C0-4AC1-A970-FFDBE3D9B8C8_1_105_c (resized).jpegCFDE2EAA-2B58-4793-86D3-F59DD42A5471_1_105_c (resized).jpegCFDE2EAA-2B58-4793-86D3-F59DD42A5471_1_105_c (resized).jpeg

#5555 4 months ago
Quoted from Mr_Tantrum:

Certainly multiple parts is the best way to do it when you need to backlight. Your process is typically how I achieve this, as I currently don't think it is possible with the slicer paint tools. I wish they would add a feature for full depth painting, and this would solve the challenge.

yes this definitely solves this issue as the black outer and letters in the front panel is all 0.8mm thick and this approach is literally a 5 second job per part

#5558 4 months ago

Here is a key tag (no backlighting) but flush front face that I did ( I did about 10 of them for my kids and their friends) was a instant hit.

Literally a 5 second job to colour and the finish is very nice.

Step files are actually a more accurate file and the professional printers like using Step files over STL's
92F20289-3D3D-4488-9AC5-69B80180E3C2_1_105_c (resized).jpeg92F20289-3D3D-4488-9AC5-69B80180E3C2_1_105_c (resized).jpeg

#5563 4 months ago
Quoted from Mr_Tantrum:

Depending on one's access to tools and ability with CAD applications, you can also achieve the same results using Adobe Illustrator (even create the art in Photoshop if that's your preference and import into AI), saving the 2D files as in .SVG format, then pulling them into an app like Tinkercad to add depth, export to STL, and from there utilize the slicer for merging the pieces.

I do use illustrator and then CAD:
- design in illustrator the full design - say the letters and then the outer design and then export as a single dxf
- go into the cad program and save as inner and then outer - then for the inner I turn the outer lines to construction lines (to hide) and then extrude say by 3mm - then for the outer design I extrude that design 3mm
- then start a assembly drawing and import both inner and out and assemble - with no gaps or steps
- then save as a step file

hope that helps others

#5564 4 months ago
Quoted from ManbearpigOG:

swinks and anyone else...
So I unlike most of the people who 3D model use Microsoft 3D Builder. I know it's cheese, but it does everything I need.
I use Photoshop to create my art/text and save as a png.
Then load into Inkskape, trace path, and save as svg.
Then use an online converter to make my stl.
In 3D Builder I do all my set up and prep for my multicolor model. Then I save off all the part into separate stl. You can not move them in any way. I highlight and delete (in this case 2 of the 3) and then save, then ctrl Z to undo, rinse repeat until I have all the different sections saves as multiple files.
Then in BB Studio or it even works with PrusaSlicer and Cura when I used to use them, I use the + to add, and select all the parts at one time. It will ask if they are all together, you select yes. The proceed to select their color and print. Also if you have multiple models, the color doesn't follow the polygons all silly and you end up with color inside the models in odd places (usually causing bleed through).
When I have done logos and such I also print them facedown, cause it looks cool.

looks good, nice work

#5568 4 months ago
Quoted from prentice:

Just to share one more approach, I use tinkercad to make embedded logos or text , and then export each object (eg the logo and the base) as its own .stl. Then I drag both files together into Bambu Studio, it asks to import as a merged object. I do, and then can easily change the filament color for each component separately.

I tried this approach and with older software it did not work for me, hence coming up with another way to do it.

#5570 4 months ago
Quoted from Jazman:

oh hey, that's good to know. Next time I'll have to try it this way to see if it's easier. For reference, you can just do it with any part you import by coloring it in BambuStudio (ie: you don't need to have designed it and have the original files, any STP/STEP will do). All you have to do is use this button (circled in red). When you do you just select the filament color and click on the surface you want that color in. For example, on a recessed feature, you can decide to color just the bottom surface or if you also want to color the sides. It can be a little bit of a pain but I've had great results with it...
[quoted image]

yeah I worked that out with the fill / paint but say for the Bombs Ready sample I would have to select 11 surfaces, selecting one of the parts under objects is just so easy, especially when I have drawn / designed the part in a particular way.

but agree if assigning different colours that is a great feature as well

I just to thought to share my solution mainly for bringing in a file with multiple parts - was having all sorts of problems - was just painful, so if the step file approach helps anyone then awesome

Screen Shot 2023-12-14 at 2.28.03 pm (resized).pngScreen Shot 2023-12-14 at 2.28.03 pm (resized).png
2 weeks later
#5728 3 months ago

design and print a reverse of the part and then make a silicon part with the 3d printed mold

alternatively TPU and also very easy part to draw up, just some dimensions (millimetres) and 10 minutes - would be happy to do that for you.

scanning is not advised as not super accurate and the cleanup and modelling - just draw from scratch

#5732 3 months ago

mocked up a rough design and awaiting dimensions to finalise for you.

Flappy Gate (resized).pngFlappy Gate (resized).png
#5737 3 months ago
Quoted from BobLangelius:

Why do these parts look different?
One looks to be glued to the bottom of the steel frame. The other looks like it was designed to drop into the top of the steel frame.

yeah I was wondering what the difference is as well

#5741 3 months ago
Quoted from kingpinman:

Here are a couple more pics that might make things clearer. Also these target flaps are 68 years old cracking and brittle. Some of the rubber has fallen off over the years.
Hope to get more precise measurements soon and get those to you.
Thank you[quoted image][quoted image][quoted image][quoted image]

so just to get my head around it - the flap pad actually has a top and bottom brim / rim and the one in your hand has lost almost the full brim / rim on the bottom side ?

#5743 3 months ago

no worries, still very doable

#5756 3 months ago

finally had time to finish a little project that I have been wanting to do - heated thread insert tool

D4F43669-B3F3-4051-8BCE-A9AEB55E18AE_1_105_c (resized).jpegD4F43669-B3F3-4051-8BCE-A9AEB55E18AE_1_105_c (resized).jpeg
#5765 3 months ago

I got the dimensions off kingpinman and completed the model today and created a STL.

I did a test print at 30 degrees off vertical and manually set the supports to the 2 bottom edges only though the print is in PLA with a brim. I am hoping that TPU will print fine at that angle though never printed with TPU so look forward to how it was made.

Maybe someone can print a TPU sample for kingpinman to test fit and then I can make some amendments and then he can get a few printed to save his game.

Flap Gate 2 (resized).pngFlap Gate 2 (resized).pngFlap Gate 3 (resized).pngFlap Gate 3 (resized).pngflap gate 1 (resized).pngflap gate 1 (resized).pngScreen Shot 2024-01-01 at 5.04.21 pm (resized).pngScreen Shot 2024-01-01 at 5.04.21 pm (resized).png3DAFE927-592F-4940-829F-0CE297355539_1_105_c (resized).jpeg3DAFE927-592F-4940-829F-0CE297355539_1_105_c (resized).jpeg

#5767 3 months ago
Quoted from jrcmlc:

Cool of you to do that for them. What am I missing that requires it to be printed at that odd angle instead of flat?
Edit. Sorry it's late here I see the groove. Does that need to be that deep? Can the rear flat part be modified to print straight up?

I like to help people along the way while also doing mods and replacement parts and then add to the range offered to people.

The reason I tested at the angle (which was manually set) was it is an absolute minimum supports needed.

If you drop the file in there and let bambu select placement it does put it flat but means alot more support under the rim, but with a textured plate (if TPU can be printed with a textured plate) flat would be better and prints a little faster than the angled print.

Yes the groove needs to be 6.5mm deep to sit within the metal plate and if you reduce the outer edge there will be risk of the flap popping out. I also am trying to keep the part original reproduction in design.

hope that answers your questions

Screen Shot 2024-01-01 at 7.26.20 pm (resized).pngScreen Shot 2024-01-01 at 7.26.20 pm (resized).pngScreen Shot 2024-01-01 at 7.27.50 pm (resized).pngScreen Shot 2024-01-01 at 7.27.50 pm (resized).png
#5768 3 months ago

after having a little think - I will try to reduce just this edge (red arrow identifying the rim) by half as this rim is only needed in theory when the flap is pushed up, where as when the game is played the ball / puck is pushing down on the surface that is printed to the plate and therefore should not effect a smaller rim on the bottom side. I will also thicken up the reduced rim a fraction but then add a ever so slight bevel so in theory minor to no support is needed. Will do that tomorrow making it potentially easier for someone to print in TPU.

Screen Shot 2024-01-01 at 7.26.20 pm copy (resized).pngScreen Shot 2024-01-01 at 7.26.20 pm copy (resized).png

#5777 3 months ago
Quoted from marioparty34:

I have always tried to rotate my print to lessen and speed up the print process, but have never considered printing at an angle.
Thanks for the tip Jady!

that is one way to do it but sometimes to lessen cleanup time over print time is more efficient in the end to print at a angle.

in bambu labs there is a rotate manually or place print up on a surface and even select a edge to support over what the program wants to do - but you need to go into the support setting and select manual support and not auto.

#5778 3 months ago
Quoted from sandro:

I can run a test print in blue tpu (I need to test out a roll, and I don’t have any green tpu). I’d be happy to run one and send it off to kingpinman for test fit. Let me know.

Quoted from jrcmlc:

We run tpu non stop here. I have dark green. You can print with a textured plate but be prepared for it to stick like use pliers to remove it sometimes. (I have a new tray product that is very large and it doesn't stick at all though).
PM me if anyone needs something run, I'll be in and out some.

thanks for the offer, I am sending files to kingpinman in the next 15minutes and then Tim can send the files to who ever he wishes to get a tester of each done and then we can finalise the design and then he can get a batch printed.

here is a v2 of the design
- bottom rim (top when placed on the printer bed) showing 50% reduction in the width of the ledge
- slight thicken up and then slight 10 degree chamfer so it prints close to the body and each layer steps out progressively
- and processed in bambu labs showing no supports needed for the v2.

Screen Shot 2024-01-02 at 7.09.14 am (resized).pngScreen Shot 2024-01-02 at 7.09.14 am (resized).pngScreen Shot 2024-01-02 at 7.09.03 am (resized).pngScreen Shot 2024-01-02 at 7.09.03 am (resized).pngScreen Shot 2024-01-02 at 7.09.46 am (resized).pngScreen Shot 2024-01-02 at 7.09.46 am (resized).png

#5780 3 months ago
Quoted from Rdoyle1978:

this is a really good recommendation, however it can dramatically increase the "steps" look to your print since everything is now at an angle. You swap one issue for another. This can be slightly lessened by using very short layer lines, but then your print takes forever.

yes, fair point

I typically design for SLS / MJF printing so the limitations are less but cost is more but is generally excellent quality.

in this case for this part - adding a small chamfer to that edge is a edge once installed no one will ever see it if the print is flat. The alternative is to drop the layers to 0.1mm height. The design will lose function with say a 45 degree chamfer - yes avoids noticeable stepping but allows the part to press out too easily and then the lip parts needs to then be thicker - there often is a compromise somewhere when it comes to low angles.

#5784 3 months ago
Quoted from jrcmlc:

I have the file. Fun fact swinks your screenshot shows 52m to print, 26.04g of filament. Just at a glance I'm seeing similar amount of filament using 25% infill, but over 2 hours to print just version 1. Effing TPU lol

reducing the brim and chamfering took 12minutes off the time and took 3.5grams off at 15% for PLA

I haven't worked with TPU - does it need to go to a higher temp to be laid down and printed slower ?

#5785 3 months ago

above aside the bambu labs is great for proto-typing but just can't print myself to making and selling mods. I get these all professionally printed in MJF PA12 solid nylon.

the fire houses at the back are raw and the ones at the front got their first coat of grey today.

3A8E8D8E-9ECE-45D3-BAD5-3152F63C3C72_1_105_c (resized).jpeg3A8E8D8E-9ECE-45D3-BAD5-3152F63C3C72_1_105_c (resized).jpeg
#5797 3 months ago
Quoted from jrcmlc:

swinks kingpinman The package of 2 test flaps shipped today USPS.

awesome work / support jrcmlc

#5799 3 months ago
Quoted from jrcmlc:

They did not print well LOL but are good enough to test fit and then we can discuss further options.

I am wondering if it better to 3d print a 2 part mold and make silicon flap gates

#5848 3 months ago
Quoted from eyeamred2u:

I had some free time, so I ran this model through my X1C only using TPU and this is what the outcome was only using TPU as the main and as the support. TPU is easy to clean up. I printed the model flat fyi.
I plan to use PETG as a support material on my next test print.
[quoted image][quoted image][quoted image]

looks good and great tip with the TPU as support as well

good tips is what helps us all

#5853 3 months ago
Quoted from kingpinman:

A Big Thanks To:
Swinks pinball & No gouge pinball.
Did a quick test fit, Both fit like a glove.
The one flap, Top right looks and feels like it is going to be easier to work with.
Thank you
Fantastic job.[quoted image]

awesome great to hear - love it when a part fits first time

now you just have to get a bunch more and collectively we saved another older game

#5913 3 months ago
Quoted from MrBigg:

2 ender 3 units for sale with hot end upgrades, feeder upgrade, and extra hot end, and 2 beds $200 for both plus shipping.
[quoted image]

what are you upgrading to ?

#5922 3 months ago
Quoted from MrBigg:

I'm going to get the Bambu lab a1 multireel.
Couple friends have them, and have had great success with them. Just got to sell these 2 to help fund it.

nice, have a x1-c and very happy

2 weeks later
#6074 81 days ago
Quoted from dudah:

Dude on a FB group is making these, does anyone have a guide on how to make them? I imagine a thin layer for the front so it will illuminate. Curious of tolerances between and best practices.
[quoted image]

Alot of people do it with multiple stl files but from what I have determined you need to do it fusion and in a particular way.

I worked out another way to do:
- import a design in your cad program with the say the lettering and outer barrier as one file
- save the lettering as one model file
- save the outer barrier as another model file
- the go back to your lettering if it is the one being back lit and extrude just 0.8 - 1mm and save - no offsets on the lettering
- the go back to your barrier file and extrude a little thicker if not being backlit and then add the set backs on the sides so you can house lighting - no offsets on the lettering
- then start an assembly drawing and import the 2 models together and save BUT trick is also save as a STEP file as programs like Bambu like STEP files.
- then head into say Bambu and go into objects and select the lettering of the STEP design and say select white and then select the barrier and change to black (meaning you need a AMS and those coloured rolls).
- then put in a textured plate and place your design face down and print.

head to this post for the bambu steps
https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/3d-printing-sharing-thread-lets-better-the-hobby/page/112#post-7917638

so samples here
https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/3d-printing-sharing-thread-lets-better-the-hobby/page/112#post-7917646

1 week later
#6152 73 days ago

Recently I did my version of the pinjacks but then thought why not just one jack to lift up at the centre of the game to adjust around any type of furniture sliders / pin footies. Also no modifying of the jacks but requires a few bolts, 20 x 20mm maker aluminum profile and printed parts

this is a breeze now and so quick and portable

893E2965-A0A5-4792-8DA0-5902EBA12545_1_105_c (resized).jpeg893E2965-A0A5-4792-8DA0-5902EBA12545_1_105_c (resized).jpegD57E2AF1-AB97-4213-AC00-6889D09C8C88_1_105_c (resized).jpegD57E2AF1-AB97-4213-AC00-6889D09C8C88_1_105_c (resized).jpegF6DFA096-48F0-4864-8D62-7E45069E55DB_1_105_c (resized).jpegF6DFA096-48F0-4864-8D62-7E45069E55DB_1_105_c (resized).jpeg
#6165 73 days ago
Quoted from ManbearpigOG:

This is awesome! Is there plans somewhere to make this?

literally finished the proto today - will sort something out soon

#6227 68 days ago
Quoted from hoby1:

So got th P1 set up , auto calibrated and did my first print of a benchy .... it was terrible and I had to stop . Not sure what I need to do but not happy so far
[quoted image]
Very different than what im used too .

make sure to turn the machine and program off and then restart if you haven't already and the quality and new settings will kick in

1 week later
#6310 62 days ago
Quoted from eyeamred2u:

No layer issue, I cracked it. I stated I have to scale it up for tolerance, was just a little to tight.

looks good, if parts are interlocking factor a 0.2mm size offset to allow for slight size difference

#6313 62 days ago
Quoted from eyeamred2u:

Thanks Jady, I will add that.

yeah if you have say a round hole that is 40mm make the insert 39.8mm and the fit should be pretty good - just allows for slight variances. I do this for even the professional printed parts

2 weeks later
1 week later
#6440 35 days ago
Quoted from Kolk1:

Well lit up, the light bluish purple one (bottom) looks great. See what happens with the next roll that shows up. Also used a translucent red for the ring.

They look nice - how big are they and are they printed on a Bambu ?

#6442 35 days ago
Quoted from Kolk1:

Bambu Xc1, so about 11 inch’s.

yeah, ok - just looks bigger - nice work - have to do a few of these things for fun

Promoted items from Pinside Marketplace and Pinside Shops!
Wanted
Machine - Wanted
Fort Lauderdale, FL
$ 35.99
Eproms
Matt's Basement Arcade

$ 15.00
Cabinet - Sound/Speakers
Gweem's Mods

$ 69.00
Gameroom - Decorations
Pinball Pimp

$ 10.00
Playfield - Protection
UpKick Pinball

$ 15.00
Playfield - Other
RobTune

$ 27.95
Eproms
Pinballrom

$ 15.00
Playfield - Decals
Metal-Mods

Machine - For Sale
Livermore, CA
$ 65.00
Boards
Pinball Haus

$ 54.99
Cabinet - Shooter Rods
Lighted Pinball Mods

Playfield - Other
Rocket City Pinball

$ 18.00
Electronics
Yorktown Arcade Supply

Playfield - Plastics
The Pinball Scientist

$ 15.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
RobTune

$ 12.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
UpKick Pinball

4,995 (OBO)
Machine - For Sale
Dunakeszi
Machine - For Sale
Orange, CA
$ 35.00
Cabinet - Other
Rocket City Pinball

$ 20.00
Cabinet - Decals
Pinball Haus

$ 10.00
Playfield - Protection
UpKick Pinball

$ 53.99
Eproms
Matt's Basement Arcade

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider swinks.
Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/3d-printing-sharing-thread-lets-better-the-hobby?tu=swinks and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.