IMG_6159 (resized).jpeg
IMG_6158 (resized).jpeg
pasted_image (resized).png
pasted_image (resized).png
20240407_100723 (resized).jpg
20240407_100751 (resized).jpg
20240407_100811 (resized).jpg

Topic index (key posts)

12 key posts have been marked in this topic, showing the first 10 items.

Display key post list sorted by: Post date | Keypost summary | User name

Post #26 Crash's Thingiverse Pinball Search Links Posted by Crash (3 years ago)

Post #35 Speaker lights for metal back box Stern Posted by Darscot (3 years ago)

Post #119 Pinball Button Remover Posted by Ashram56 (3 years ago)

Post #212 Swinks Shapeways Downloads Posted by swinks (3 years ago)

Post #682 Gravestone Cross Posted by swinks (2 years ago)

Post #683 Power Supply Fan Adapter (Modern Stern) Posted by plasticbugs (2 years ago)

Post #1049 Ball holder Posted by swinks (2 years ago)

Post #1696 Backbox Light Baffles Posted by John_I (2 years ago)

Post #1721 Spike 2 LED speaker panel Posted by dudah (2 years ago)

Post #1946 Target stabilizers Posted by bigguybbr (2 years ago)

Topic indices are generated from key posts and maintained by Pinside Editors. For more information, or to become an editor yourself read this post!

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider rosh.
Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

#2369 1 year ago

Treated myself to a 3d Printer for my birthday, got the Prusa mk3s+ kit, took 3+ weeks to get, and then a weekend to assemble. Assembly was a bit more involved that I realized, but was an enjoyable experience and I was beyond thrilled when after assembly it all just worked. I did crack one part, but have printed a replacement so if it every fails I can replace it.

During the three week wait, I taught myself blender and I've just shared publicly my first project, a reimagined Otto for Oktoberfest. I probably should have started with something smaller, but hey, go big or go home.

#2374 1 year ago
Quoted from prentice:You learned that in 3 weeks? You are a rockstar!! I tried 3d modeling for an hour, then gave up and browsed cults3d

I found a good tutorial on doing characters, and that got me started, and it was just the first version that was done in 3 weeks, I spent another 3+ weeks refining it and I would certainly do things differently if I was doing it again. It certainly took a lot of time to get the hang of blender and figure things out, but I like a challenge and I had the time.

This was my first print, a current unpainted and the painted . . .

IMG_6614 (resized).JPGIMG_6614 (resized).JPG

5 months later
#3209 1 year ago

while it may not occur in my lifetime, there is no doubt in my mind that 3d printers will become common place in homes someday. The ease of use, reliability and speed will continue to improve, the costs will come down, and the available models to download will grow exponentially. Although I guess if a Amazon gets to one hour delivery for anything, everywhere …

2 weeks later
#3461 1 year ago
Quoted from gorgar007:

I think this has been asked before but can someone remind me what apps to use to make sculpted models? I'm needing to get into sculpting and I'm not seeing that fusion360 can do that.

take a look at Blender

1 week later
#3555 1 year ago
Quoted from Rdoyle1978:

It’s pretty quiet in there…

Pretty sure a more pinsiders have 3d printers than lasers and that is a newer thread. I would like to have a laser, but have not be able to justify it, yet.

#3556 1 year ago
Quoted from Mr_Tantrum:

I swear your post wasn't on my screen when I posted the same link.

looks like I beat you by 24 seconds, so yeah, you were typing yours while I was posting mine.

3 weeks later
#3883 1 year ago
Quoted from mark532011:

I was watching the attached video about the Ender 3 S1 Pro's high temp printing abilities and he showed off a beautiful translucent white print using "Colorfab XT"
Take a look at the translucent print it makes, it should work perfect for the lighted letters that people are printing. The relevant clip starts at 11:30 to about 13:00

This was freaky to see, I was involved in two successful Start up companies with Irv as CEO, and that was after he was made rich from his first startup. Money never changed who he was, so I guess when you are a very successful serial entrepreneur who likes to tinker, when you retire, make videos on using 3d printers.

Promoted items from Pinside Marketplace and Pinside Shops!
$ 15.00
Playfield - Other
RobTune

$ 20.00
Cabinet - Decals
Pinball Haus

$ 54.99
Cabinet - Shooter Rods
Lighted Pinball Mods

Playfield - Other
Rocket City Pinball

$ 53.99
Eproms
Matt's Basement Arcade

$ 10.00
Playfield - Protection
UpKick Pinball

$ 69.00
Gameroom - Decorations
Pinball Pimp

Machine - For Sale
Livermore, CA
Machine - For Sale
Orange, CA
Wanted
Machine - Wanted
Red Oak, TX
$ 35.00
Cabinet - Other
Rocket City Pinball

$ 12.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
UpKick Pinball

Wanted
Machine - Wanted
Fort Lauderdale, FL
$ 10.00
Playfield - Protection
UpKick Pinball

$ 18.00
Electronics
Yorktown Arcade Supply

$ 15.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
RobTune

$ 35.99
Eproms
Matt's Basement Arcade

$ 27.95
Eproms
Pinballrom

$ 15.00
Playfield - Decals
Metal-Mods

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider rosh.
Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/3d-printing-sharing-thread-lets-better-the-hobby?tu=rosh and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.