IMG_6159 (resized).jpeg
IMG_6158 (resized).jpeg
pasted_image (resized).png
pasted_image (resized).png
20240407_100723 (resized).jpg
20240407_100751 (resized).jpg
20240407_100811 (resized).jpg

Topic index (key posts)

12 key posts have been marked in this topic, showing the first 10 items.

Display key post list sorted by: Post date | Keypost summary | User name

Post #26 Crash's Thingiverse Pinball Search Links Posted by Crash (3 years ago)

Post #35 Speaker lights for metal back box Stern Posted by Darscot (3 years ago)

Post #119 Pinball Button Remover Posted by Ashram56 (3 years ago)

Post #212 Swinks Shapeways Downloads Posted by swinks (3 years ago)

Post #682 Gravestone Cross Posted by swinks (2 years ago)

Post #683 Power Supply Fan Adapter (Modern Stern) Posted by plasticbugs (2 years ago)

Post #1049 Ball holder Posted by swinks (2 years ago)

Post #1696 Backbox Light Baffles Posted by John_I (2 years ago)

Post #1721 Spike 2 LED speaker panel Posted by dudah (2 years ago)

Post #1946 Target stabilizers Posted by bigguybbr (2 years ago)

Topic indices are generated from key posts and maintained by Pinside Editors. For more information, or to become an editor yourself read this post!

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider fezmid.
Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

#433 3 years ago

As someone who has never used a 3d printer before, what resources should I look at to help pick a printer and learn the process? I'm not sure if I want to get into it or not as it looks like it's a lot of work, but I've thought about it for a good decade and things have to be easier now than they were back then, right?

#445 3 years ago

So is resin mainly for miniatures and such that you want to paint, whereas filament is for more general purpose stuff?

#458 3 years ago
Quoted from toyotaboy:

I "liked" the ender 3 too, but yes it was a tweak machine.

So what did you get to replace it that "just works"?

1 month later
#617 3 years ago
Quoted from Darscot:

I have often wondered why they don't program this into games. Like if you hold the button for 5 seconds it will stay in hold when you let go until you push it again. The time could be adjustable. Great solution though.

I thought keeping the coil activated for long periods of time was bad, no?

#625 2 years ago

Thinking about the Crealty Ender 3v2 since it's only $254 at Amazon today (https://www.amazon.com/Creality-Mainboard-Carborundum-220x220x250mm-Beginners/dp/B08FSGXK46). Was wondering if anyone has used the fireproof/temperature control enclosure for it?

https://www.amazon.com/Fireproof-Dustproof-Temperature-Protective-Room29-9x25-5x28-3/dp/B08JQC6Z9N

I'm not planning on printing when I'm not home, but anything to help reduce fire risk is a good thing in my book.

#633 2 years ago
Quoted from Nokoro:

I have the enclosure. It is mostly to prevent the cats from messing with the printer. It is very good quality, better than I expected from the pictures, and keeps everything at a nice constant internal temperature.

Yeah, I have three cats, so keeping them away is one of the reasons I want one. Fire prevention is another reason. Keeping the temperature even for printing is a distant third on my list. Glad to hear it works well!

1 week later
#661 2 years ago

My family is terrible at keeping secrets.... so I now know I'm getting the Ender 3 v2 for my birthday next week. I'm sure I'll have a million questions!

#663 2 years ago
Quoted from mbwalker:

Did they get you some filament too?

Yup - 1kg of hatchbox pla I believe. That's how it started - daughter said it wasn't a printer, it just says 1kg. Lol

#665 2 years ago
Quoted from mbwalker:

Good deal, wouldn't be much fun to play around with w/o filament.
I'm guessing you know about Thingiverse (stl files) and Cura (slicer), given you've probably been reading this thread. Plenty of other options too.

Yup, already downloaded that last week and started playing with it a little. My understanding is to simply slice in Cura, copy the resulting file to the SD card, plug that into the printer, select it, and cross my fingers?

#673 2 years ago
Quoted from mbwalker:

A big Raft is your friend at times, LOL.
I had that happen just the other day, first time in a long time.

What's a Raft? That's a term I haven't run across in my research!

#678 2 years ago
Quoted from Nokoro:

I think I read that the diameter of the spool on Hatchbox is smaller than the filament holder for the Ender 3. Someone else may be able to confirm. So, a new holder may be your first mod. I buy Sunlu PLA, and the spool fits fine on my E3 Pro.

Thanks! I ordered a spool of that from Amazon - lowest price it's ever been according to CamelCamelCamel. Figured I can try 'em both and see what I like. https://www.amazon.com/dp/B07V87GGH4

1 month later
#794 2 years ago
Quoted from Nokoro:

My wife just equated me buying my 3D printer to buying a Timex computer back in the day. Cool, but really primitive. She asked how I could put up with it and said that perhaps I should have waited 20 years until the technology advanced to make it more user friendly and hassle free.
I think my wife is brilliant.

I had both the Timex Sinclair 1000 and the Timex Sinclair 2068 when I was a kid, and they were far more advanced than 3d printing is...

I've had the Ender Pro 3v2 for about a month and have yet to get a good print... I'm SOOO close to having a properly leveled bed, but then I must over-compensate and things get worse. It's frustrating so I've put it away the past two weeks. Maybe this weekend, since it'll be 90+ outside with an air quality warning, I'll try again...

#796 2 years ago
Quoted from Nokoro:

I hear you.
Have you tried printing on a raft? It can help compensate for a slightly off level or warped bed.

Not yet. A friend told me to use glue stick too because I was so close. But I am stubborn and want my first print to work without help! For now... until I get more frustrated!

1 year later
#3024 1 year ago

I'm new to 3D printing and wrote a review of the Monoprice Voxel Pro. As someone who tried the Crality Ender 3 and failed miserably, this was a breath of fresh air. I still have no idea what I'm really doing yet, but I'm at least getting good print outs and finally feel like I'm ready to learn more now! Would love any feedback on the review.

https://www.neowin.net/reviews/new-to-3d-printing-the-monoprice-voxel-pro-should-be-on-your-short-list/

#3036 1 year ago
Quoted from mbwalker:

Nice writeup Fez. Comments went off the rails pretty quick tho, just like Pinside.

Yeah, a little faster than pinside... kind of sad but what can you do.

Thanks for reading!

Promoted items from Pinside Marketplace and Pinside Shops!
$ 53.99
Eproms
Matt's Basement Arcade

$ 69.00
Gameroom - Decorations
Pinball Pimp

$ 35.99
Eproms
Matt's Basement Arcade

$ 10.00
Playfield - Protection
UpKick Pinball

$ 15.00
Playfield - Decals
Metal-Mods

$ 35.00
Cabinet - Other
Rocket City Pinball

Wanted
Machine - Wanted
Fort Lauderdale, FL
$ 12.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
UpKick Pinball

$ 15.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
RobTune

$ 10.00
Playfield - Protection
UpKick Pinball

$ 12.50
Lighting - Led
RoyGBev Pinball

Playfield - Other
Rocket City Pinball

$ 95.00
Cabinet - Sound/Speakers
Pinball Mod Co.

$ 2.50
Lighting - Led
Pinballrom

Machine - For Sale
Livermore, CA
$ 18.00
Electronics
Yorktown Arcade Supply

$ 27.95
Eproms
Pinballrom

$ 15.00
Playfield - Other
RobTune

Machine - For Sale
Orange, CA
4,995 (OBO)
Machine - For Sale
Dunakeszi
$ 20.00
Cabinet - Decals
Pinball Haus

Hey modders!
Your shop name here

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider fezmid.
Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/3d-printing-sharing-thread-lets-better-the-hobby?tu=fezmid and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.