IMG_6159 (resized).jpeg
IMG_6158 (resized).jpeg
pasted_image (resized).png
pasted_image (resized).png
20240407_100723 (resized).jpg
20240407_100751 (resized).jpg
20240407_100811 (resized).jpg

Topic index (key posts)

12 key posts have been marked in this topic, showing the first 10 items.

Display key post list sorted by: Post date | Keypost summary | User name

Post #26 Crash's Thingiverse Pinball Search Links Posted by Crash (3 years ago)

Post #35 Speaker lights for metal back box Stern Posted by Darscot (3 years ago)

Post #119 Pinball Button Remover Posted by Ashram56 (3 years ago)

Post #212 Swinks Shapeways Downloads Posted by swinks (3 years ago)

Post #682 Gravestone Cross Posted by swinks (2 years ago)

Post #683 Power Supply Fan Adapter (Modern Stern) Posted by plasticbugs (2 years ago)

Post #1049 Ball holder Posted by swinks (2 years ago)

Post #1696 Backbox Light Baffles Posted by John_I (2 years ago)

Post #1721 Spike 2 LED speaker panel Posted by dudah (2 years ago)

Post #1946 Target stabilizers Posted by bigguybbr (2 years ago)

Topic indices are generated from key posts and maintained by Pinside Editors. For more information, or to become an editor yourself read this post!

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider davidcpa.
Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

#55 3 years ago

Think we should start doing instruction inserts. This is a prototype for Star Wars. Death Star weakness

20201114_165849 (resized).jpg20201114_165849 (resized).jpg
#104 3 years ago
Quoted from Darscot:

Dude this is laughable. Early 90s I went to hang with a buddy at his dorm. It was just the end of the snowboard season. I go by his room and he says you gotta see this. He fires up his PC and the room glows red. He has drilled those little red LEDs into his PC tower and those little cube sound blaster speakers. I was like WTF is this, he says wait for it and in those days PC took forever to boot. He fires up Doom and says when you play Doom it’s Hell. Doom came out December 1993 so this was probably May 94 your almost two decades late.
P.S. Just because you’re so pleasant I will openly share the file for everyone.
https://www.thingiverse.com/thing:4675758

Nice. On the printer now. Thanks for the file!

2 months later
#367 3 years ago
Quoted from mikepmcs:

Someone responded a few posts back you can do anything in tinkercard. This is true. Here's my Wonkavator version I designed using tinkercard.
It is not in my game though because I turned it into the wonkavator plastic cover instead. 2nd pic you can see it in the background.
It's important to note here I have zero design skill and don't claim to have any. But if I can do this I can't imagine what someone with some creativity can do.[quoted image][quoted image]

Great file.

20210209_202116 (resized).jpg20210209_202116 (resized).jpg
#369 3 years ago
Quoted from Gogojohnnyquack:

Has anyone on here designed any kind of outlane extender? I recently got a TMNT Pro and the left outlane is super hungry. I started putting an extender together in Tinkercad but am a super novice. Here's my first go - any input would be appreciated... This is designed to slide down over the existing post with the notch going onto the wire form to hold it in position.
[quoted image] [quoted image]

I am not sure I would want that nut part to be touching/rubbing on the playfield. If you print it at 100% infill, you can probably float it so there is no potential damage to the playfield.

2 weeks later
#420 3 years ago
Quoted from mbwalker:

First pass - looks like the speaker grill is undersized slightly. Might make the tail extend a little further out, but I think the 3D depth part of it looks pretty good. Didn't want it overbearing.
Time for Rev A
[quoted image][quoted image][quoted image]

Man... You guys got me thinking now. BECAUSE SHE IS HOLDING A THERMAL DETONATOR!!! A blinking red LED for my Star Wars.....

Capture (resized).PNGCapture (resized).PNG
2 weeks later
#525 3 years ago
Quoted from insight75:

Just curious......can someone explain to me why supports aren't already added in to models that require them?

What slicer are you using?

1 week later
#587 3 years ago
Quoted from snakesnsparklers:

Got my Ender 3 V2 built/set up last night and succeeded with my first print - the benchy boat. I just sat there and stared at it printing for about 15 minutes before I went to bed and woke up to a great print. On to pinball parts and who knows what next!
The only upgrades I went with from the start are the BLTouch auto leveler (awesome!) and the yellow bed springs since they are cheap and so many people recommended them. For now I just picked up some black and some white PLA filament to start but I'm sure I'll be getting more.
Since I have the BLTouch which also acts as the Z stop switch, I can repurpose the stock Z stop switch into a filament runout sensor. Someone made a bracket model to do exactly this so I just need to print that and mount it and enable it in the settings.

I use a EZ ABL and, as mentioned, ditched the springs and have spacers there instead. I am running a CR10s. Custom pinball mods are a really fun hobby. I watched a bunch of videos on how to use TinkerCad and love the simplicity of it.

1 month later
#691 2 years ago
Quoted from Mr_Tantrum:

Does anyone have a good process for prepping PLA 3D prints for paint? Basically, I'm looking for a way to fill gaps before I apply paint to achieve as smooth of a surface as possible before applying a chrome finish.
I'm thinking something like some type of a topcoat or filler, followed by sanding, followed by base coat/primer, followed by final coat.

I go through cans of sandable filler primer from Rustoleum. Harbor Freight also has a knock off version that is cheaper and works well. For more detailed stuff, I use a tube of bondo

#699 2 years ago
Quoted from Mr_Tantrum:

Actually, read several reviews online regarding the Rustoleum sandable filler/primer that DavidCPA recommended, and makers seem to love it for 3D printed models. Therefore, I think I'm going to give this method a try.

Just be sure to give it enough time to properly dry. Once you get rid of the layer lines, start sanding with increasing fineness of sand paper. Wet sanding also works especially if you are going to paint it with chrome. Just be patient... took me awhile to learn to be patient in my painting....

#704 2 years ago
Quoted from Mattyk:

Wondering if anyone in here owns a JJP guns and roses and can make the linkage that goes on the spotlight servos for the up and down motion. These are prone to breaking and servos are easy to find on the internet, but the linkages however are not

I probably could if I had access to a GnR to take measurements. They are selling into private collections like crazy here is the SF Bay Area

2 months later
#914 2 years ago
Quoted from plasticbugs:

I commissioned a Teenage Mutant Ninja Turtles Blimp. Initially I was thinking I would make a topper with it, but ultimately, I wasn't happy with the results of printing it in pieces. My printer's volume isn't big enough and even though it's a cool model, I think it needs some paint and decals to really look good. Maybe when I have more time to work on it, I can do something with it. If you have a TMNT, check it out: https://www.thingiverse.com/thing:4918827[quoted image]

I am just on the other side of the caldacot. I have a cr10s and might be able to give it a go. FYI, check out The Flipper Room.

5 months later
#1555 2 years ago
Quoted from abovethepin:

Has anyone ever come across an Attack From Mars Martian STL?

I have not seen one. I had the opportunity to use photogrammetry on one, but I am not that technical. If there is interest, I do have a 3d modeler that I use that could make one. Probably be like $30 bucks.

#1558 2 years ago
Quoted from AMSNL:

I have a expensive scanner we use on car parts I can do the Martian next week

That would be awesome! What kind of scanner are you using?

10 months later
#2845 1 year ago
Quoted from bigguybbr:

I built a helper post for Star Wars for that hungry left outlane.
https://www.thingiverse.com/thing:5625687[quoted image]

Really cool. Can you show this installed? I have a Pro and I am a bit confused on where it goes other then near the left outlane.

4 months later
#4170 1 year ago
Quoted from dpadam450:

High res photos here: https://imgur.com/a/HtcsRru
Hit me up if interested to get one. Going for speed/price over trying to make it look perfect injection mold. Up close has some minor heat blobs that I'll try and clean on further prints, and better paint detailing line work. Looks great while playing normally though.
[quoted image]

Really cool. How are you mounting it to the game? Also, what size are you printing at?

8 months later
#5716 3 months ago
Quoted from kingpinman:

Hi, Everyone
I was wondering if there are any 3D printing experts that would be able to make a rubber target cover. (not sure how to describe it).
This is for a united 5th inning shuffle puck game.
hopefully pics will show what I need.
Anybody interested?
Thanks
[quoted image][quoted image][quoted image][quoted image]

I am not sure what material would be closest to rubber. Typically, we print in plastic. Does it need to move to pop the ball out of the hole?

Promoted items from Pinside Marketplace and Pinside Shops!
$ 18.00
Electronics
Yorktown Arcade Supply

$ 20.00
Cabinet - Decals
Pinball Haus

$ 15.00
Playfield - Other
RobTune

$ 15.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
RobTune

4,995 (OBO)
Machine - For Sale
Dunakeszi
$ 27.95
Eproms
Pinballrom

Wanted
Machine - Wanted
Red Oak, TX
$ 35.00
Cabinet - Other
Rocket City Pinball

Playfield - Other
Rocket City Pinball

Wanted
Machine - Wanted
Fort Lauderdale, FL
$ 2.50
Lighting - Led
Pinballrom

$ 69.00
Gameroom - Decorations
Pinball Pimp

$ 10.00
Playfield - Protection
UpKick Pinball

Machine - For Sale
Orange, CA
$ 15.00
Playfield - Decals
Metal-Mods

$ 12.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
UpKick Pinball

$ 53.99
Eproms
Matt's Basement Arcade

$ 10.00
Playfield - Protection
UpKick Pinball

$ 35.99
Eproms
Matt's Basement Arcade

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider davidcpa.
Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/3d-printing-sharing-thread-lets-better-the-hobby?tu=davidcpa and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.