IMG_6159 (resized).jpeg
IMG_6158 (resized).jpeg
pasted_image (resized).png
pasted_image (resized).png
20240407_100723 (resized).jpg
20240407_100751 (resized).jpg
20240407_100811 (resized).jpg

Topic index (key posts)

12 key posts have been marked in this topic, showing the first 10 items.

Display key post list sorted by: Post date | Keypost summary | User name

Post #26 Crash's Thingiverse Pinball Search Links Posted by Crash (3 years ago)

Post #35 Speaker lights for metal back box Stern Posted by Darscot (3 years ago)

Post #119 Pinball Button Remover Posted by Ashram56 (3 years ago)

Post #212 Swinks Shapeways Downloads Posted by swinks (3 years ago)

Post #682 Gravestone Cross Posted by swinks (2 years ago)

Post #683 Power Supply Fan Adapter (Modern Stern) Posted by plasticbugs (2 years ago)

Post #1049 Ball holder Posted by swinks (2 years ago)

Post #1696 Backbox Light Baffles Posted by John_I (2 years ago)

Post #1721 Spike 2 LED speaker panel Posted by dudah (2 years ago)

Post #1946 Target stabilizers Posted by bigguybbr (2 years ago)

Topic indices are generated from key posts and maintained by Pinside Editors. For more information, or to become an editor yourself read this post!

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider Mrsiyufy.
Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

#2151 1 year ago
Quoted from Sleal16:

decorative vs functional. Resin tends to be more brittle if it gets in rough situations. There some special resin formulas that have high durability properties, but price is considerably higher per bottle. I'm about to experiment with that to have some of my models safer with airballs.
As far as weaker in sunlight, not sure where that might come from. Generally you finish a model with primer/paint/topcoat so it has some protective qualities from overexposure if its outdoors a lot. But then thats the other thing, how often does something you print in resin stay outside in use.
Now the large models...Think the "not preferred" part comes from it being more challenging to have a proper support system to print successfully. Thats the only downside I see printing big. I'm slowly printing this that'll be almost a couple of feet tall. Think the bigger challenge outside of successful supports is that build plates are considerably smaller compared to FDM printers in ratio to the cost of the equipment.
[quoted image]

What printer did you print that on?

#2168 1 year ago
Quoted from latenite04:

I haven't seen a noticeable difference in cleaning between 91% and 99%. The 70% took longer to remove the extra resin and things always still felt tacky.

I’ve had pretty good success with the water clean up resin.

#2180 1 year ago

I have 3 printers in a 12x14 room often running at the same time. Usually all PLA sometimes PETG and never notice a smell.

I run a Resin printer in my ventilated garage using low odor water cleanable resin and if you get real close to the printer it almost smells like a very faint urine smell.

1 week later
#2241 1 year ago
Quoted from swinks:

Someone mentioned my name, so explained my experiences and then you made comment almost suggesting what am I doing here without testing and proof. Your comment - "This is a 3D printing thread, not sure why an innovative answer that has worked for a lot of people is being slighted without any real testing or proof."
I was doing the wedges at the back and under the stand 5 years ago as was a big problem for Ghostbusters. You can't do your style of wedges under the bracket on a GB as the pcb's go over the mount bolts and with wedges the bolts get awfully close to the pcb's.
After doing some slo-mo video I realised that putting wedges underneath moves the rivet down so when the ball hits square on to the target it hits the top side of the rivet inducing an airball so I then created the metal bracket with angle and raising the target up a few millimetres. Have you tried the alternate bracket before commenting.
In addition I have been doing 3d printing for 9 years and learnt alot of the years of what works and what is cheap and nasty and what is really good. I am not trying to steal sales from you just sharing my experiences and lessons learnt.
here is my free download files:
https://www.shapeways.com/marketplace?type=product&q=swinksdownload
here is my range of 3d printed parts:
https://www.shapeways.com/marketplace?q=swinkspinball&sort=newest

I had Swinks brackets on my Ghostbusters premium and it took care of 99% of my air balls. I was able to remove the plastic air ball deflectors all together. They absolutely work.

1 month later
#2384 1 year ago
Quoted from mark532011:

woohoo, got my Ender 3 S1 Pro in the mail today, happy birthday to me!

Congrats! Happy printing.

My Elegoo Saturn S just showed up today also. Just waiting for Amazon to deliver my Resin (out for delivery).

1 month later
#2475 1 year ago
Quoted from mark532011:

Started my first print yesterday - a leg platform for the back legs
It got about 30% done and we paused it while we went out for awhile. I never moved the machine or touched anything, simply hit the pause button on the Ender 3 S1 Pro screen. When I got back, I pushed the start button.
It resumed but it is offset about 1/8 inch. You can see the top layer of infill doesn't match the rest.
Did I do something wrong? I thought you could pause a print without consequences.
[quoted image]

If you are going to set back legs on a 3D print I would set the infill to 100%, it needs to be solid. Even then probably won’t hold the weight for long.

2 months later
#2759 1 year ago
Quoted from KornFreak28:

Let me ask you guys another question mw that I just purchased the Creality Ender 3 S1 which should arrive in 3 days or so.
Let’s say that I find something on thingverse that I want to print. Can I make it my own side if you will? Let’s say that the thingverse measures 8” H x 5” W….Can I print the same thing but make it 4 H x 2.5” W?

Yes, you can scale it in your slicer

#2776 1 year ago
Quoted from Soulrider911:

Barells came out really nice! And they fit perfect. The back is a pressure fit so you can easily remove it if need be. These will be up on my Etsy store soon! https://www.etsy.com/shop/FactoryofFun?listing_id=1088825021[quoted image][quoted image][quoted image]

Looks great! I made a set for my MM a while ago.

6BC20F61-4BB6-405F-952A-065116286E0D (resized).jpeg6BC20F61-4BB6-405F-952A-065116286E0D (resized).jpeg
5 months later
#4199 1 year ago

Going to buy the bambu x1 carbon - do I want the AMS ? I’ve never done multi color before is it worth it?

1 week later
#4226 12 months ago
Quoted from La4s:

I like all the discussionrecently on different printer options. I have looked at the MK4 and Creality K1, but I keep coming back to the Bambu printer line.
Has anyone run into issues since it seems to be such a closed environment software and replacement parts wise?
I am leaning towards the P1P, since I prefer the PEI plate that is textured which does not work with the X1 LIDAR. Is there any other reason to choose the X1 Carbon over the P1P?

I’m also going back and forth between the p1p and x1c

#4241 12 months ago

Ordered an X1 Carbon combo this morning and just got shipping notification that it will be here tomorrow!

#4258 12 months ago
Quoted from Soulrider911:

This thing is amazing, my only regret is I waited this long to get one.
[quoted image][quoted image]

Mine is delayed until Tuesday. Can’t wait!

#4262 11 months ago

I’m have an issue on Bambu slicer with a file that works fine in Cura and guidance would be appreciated. First image is the imported file. 2nd image is after I slice it. With supports or no supports part of the file goes missing after slicing.

IMG_4107 (resized).jpegIMG_4107 (resized).jpegIMG_4108 (resized).jpegIMG_4108 (resized).jpeg
#4264 11 months ago
Quoted from mikepmcs:

Just to get the ball rolling, I'll start with....
Are the walls thinner than the extrusion width?

Here are my settings

IMG_4109 (resized).jpegIMG_4109 (resized).jpeg
#4269 11 months ago
Quoted from eyeamred2u:

Can we see your Strength settings please?
Did you receive an initial error mesaage on this model about floating regions? Did you create this model?

I created this model.
I did get an initial error and If I let the slicer repair then it makes the model completely solid which ruins its intended purpose of having an open cavity for motors.

I’ll upload my strength settings when I get home.

I’ve created a few other models - same concept just different characters - they we’re redesigns of this exact model and they all slice correctly.

#4270 11 months ago
Quoted from Mr_Tantrum:

What if you change wall generation to arachne (this is default I've noticed for other most current version of slicers)?
Also, is that a publicly available model? If so, what is the link?

I did try changing the wall generation to Arachne and had the same result.

This isn’t a publicly available model. I was threatened against sharing it by CGC’s legal team. So it’s just for my personal use.

I just got the X1 Carbon - so I’ve been going thru and reprinting some old projects just to see how much faster they come out and compare quality.

#4271 11 months ago
Quoted from eyeamred2u:

Can we see your Strength settings please?
Did you receive an initial error mesaage on this model about floating regions? Did you create this model?

I tried it with detect thin walls on also.

IMG_4111 (resized).jpegIMG_4111 (resized).jpeg
#4274 11 months ago
Quoted from Mr_Tantrum:

Something definitely weird, but hard to diagnose since I can't actually play with it myself.
Assuming you are using Bambu Studio v01.05.00.61?
What if you change walls from 2 to 4?
What if you change orientation (rotate it along X-axis and try Y-axis even though you won't actually print it that way.
Another option I can think of is to set the model to 100% infill (assuming is slices correctly this way) then you can add modifier blocks at different heights/positions. You can then set the infill on the modifiers (overrides the global infill setting) and see if the model slices differently. You can possibly set infill to 0 on the sections that are slicing correctly but may 15% or some other setting in the middle might cause it to slice correctly.

Changing walls from 2 to 4 netted the same result.

Changing the orientation seemed to work. But some of the back is still missing

3 months later
#4690 8 months ago
Quoted from Rnlo:

I designed a mount for mine that uses the existing screw that mounts the tank to that model base and then a regular screw on the plastics, works great and can’t even see it. Then I made this fire that slips into the front and uses the existing lights, no additional wiring needed.[quoted image]

Flames are awesome! Would you sell a pair of them or share the file?

#4692 8 months ago
Quoted from Rnlo:

So how about this?
I just rode in the Pan Mass Challenge this weekend, 162 miles in 2 days to raise money for the Dana Farber Cancer Institute. The ride is over but the fundraising is the important part and that continues through September.
If you make a tax deductible donation of $100 or more, I’ll send you some dragon tank fire and a tank mount as a thank you(or a fridge magnet that says eff cancer if you’d rather that).
Does that sound fair?
Here’s the link to my fundraising page
https://profile.pmc.org/NA0057
Just add a note to your donation, or PM me to let me know what you’d like me to send as a thank you.
This is what the mount looks like
[quoted image]

Perfect! great cause

1 month later
#5061 6 months ago

I have some on my MMR they look / fit great.

IMG_2407 (resized).pngIMG_2407 (resized).png
#5067 6 months ago
Quoted from king_pin:

Did you print in brown and just add the twine to the print? No painting?

I printed with brown pla+wood sanded the print then used a wash of brown paint. Hot glue hemp rope

Promoted items from Pinside Marketplace and Pinside Shops!
Machine - For Sale
Livermore, CA
$ 15.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
RobTune

$ 35.00
Cabinet - Other
Rocket City Pinball

4,995 (OBO)
Machine - For Sale
Dunakeszi
Wanted
Machine - Wanted
Fort Lauderdale, FL
$ 35.99
Eproms
Matt's Basement Arcade

Playfield - Other
Rocket City Pinball

$ 12.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
UpKick Pinball

$ 18.00
Electronics
Yorktown Arcade Supply

$ 10.00
Playfield - Protection
UpKick Pinball

$ 10.00
Playfield - Protection
UpKick Pinball

$ 27.95
Eproms
Pinballrom

$ 69.00
Gameroom - Decorations
Pinball Pimp

$ 53.99
Eproms
Matt's Basement Arcade

$ 15.00
Playfield - Other
RobTune

$ 15.00
Playfield - Decals
Metal-Mods

$ 20.00
Cabinet - Decals
Pinball Haus

Machine - For Sale
Orange, CA
Hey modders!
Your shop name here

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider Mrsiyufy.
Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/3d-printing-sharing-thread-lets-better-the-hobby?tu=Mrsiyufy and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.