IMG_6159 (resized).jpeg
IMG_6158 (resized).jpeg
pasted_image (resized).png
pasted_image (resized).png
20240407_100723 (resized).jpg
20240407_100751 (resized).jpg
20240407_100811 (resized).jpg

Topic index (key posts)

12 key posts have been marked in this topic, showing the first 10 items.

Display key post list sorted by: Post date | Keypost summary | User name

Post #26 Crash's Thingiverse Pinball Search Links Posted by Crash (3 years ago)

Post #35 Speaker lights for metal back box Stern Posted by Darscot (3 years ago)

Post #119 Pinball Button Remover Posted by Ashram56 (3 years ago)

Post #212 Swinks Shapeways Downloads Posted by swinks (3 years ago)

Post #682 Gravestone Cross Posted by swinks (2 years ago)

Post #683 Power Supply Fan Adapter (Modern Stern) Posted by plasticbugs (2 years ago)

Post #1049 Ball holder Posted by swinks (2 years ago)

Post #1696 Backbox Light Baffles Posted by John_I (2 years ago)

Post #1721 Spike 2 LED speaker panel Posted by dudah (2 years ago)

Post #1946 Target stabilizers Posted by bigguybbr (2 years ago)

Topic indices are generated from key posts and maintained by Pinside Editors. For more information, or to become an editor yourself read this post!

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider AMSNL.
Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

#876 2 years ago
Quoted from OLDPINGUY:

While I am not new to 3D fabrication, it has been at least 8 years since Ive paid attention to it.
In an off topic question, I wish to purchase an existing stl file, and have someone print it for me to assemble.
In the Past, it was shapeways, and a few others to upload the file and get a quote.
I was wondering today if there are any new recommendations for quality and cost effectiveness, or there was anyone here
interested in providing the service and print, to be paid for, of course.
I havent purchased the file yet, found here:
https://www.etsy.com/shop/CrypticPuzzles
But this is a pic of the final print....lots of individual pieces, but I imagine they have been optimized/grouped for printing already.
If successful, its possible Id like to print more.
Immediate small info found "If printing with 20% infill, 0.4mm nozzle, 2 proximity wall, 4 top and bottom layers like the instruction says, 1KG of filament is cutting it really close."
[quoted image]

You need to buy the file and after that you can download for free let’s say prusa slicer

Put in all the files . And with the specs you need and count all the time the slicer program tells you. Then it’s easy r to see if someone is willing to do that and what the costs are

#879 2 years ago

Awsome!

2 weeks later
#912 2 years ago
Quoted from yfz450:

I know Popeye is hated by most here, but I like the game play. I designed and printed the lamp cover for the upper playfield. Playing around with integrating the sticker into the print. I'll have a few of these with me at Pinfest along with lamp baffles and Bally pop bumper bases.
[quoted image][quoted image]

What Filement did you use?

#917 2 years ago

That lookS verry nice ! Now have fun printing all the shit you don’t need but just want to print haha

2 weeks later
#942 2 years ago

Hammerhead1550

Both the prusa mini and and the 3s are perfect machines for what you need. A enclosed printer is most of the time better as it has less temperature swings, But is a bit bigger .

I have about 5 printers in 1 room and to be honest the smell is almost none . Also most enclosed printers have a filter to get all the particles out the air. My suggestion is . Start off with let’s say a prusa mini/ender and try the printing. The reason is I say get a prusa/ ender is those do all you need almost right out of the box. If you get a unknow brand or cheap thingy. The adjustment part and bad prints can really get to you to bail on this verry quick.

2 months later
#1183 2 years ago

If it’s true size (scale ) in the book scan it draw the lines in 2D and convert it to 3D set the sizes and print it

1 month later
#1513 2 years ago

Will be uploading in the next couple of weeks the full Rudy front and back STL files . Private use only.

No hard finding expensive replacement when you can print it yourself. Still busy making all the sizes correct. Be patient

49632844-B880-43CC-BFC5-D7ADFCCF3C44 (resized).jpeg49632844-B880-43CC-BFC5-D7ADFCCF3C44 (resized).jpegF80961AD-813B-49DA-81E8-3BDC9A29D0D1 (resized).jpegF80961AD-813B-49DA-81E8-3BDC9A29D0D1 (resized).jpeg

#1514 2 years ago

btw does anybody know how or what program to use to alter or bending a stl. so lets say i want only the bottom size diff then the top / most scaling in uniform or in 1 way so I can't shape the bottom diff then the top

#1516 2 years ago

Nice! Welcome to the addictive 3D printing party

#1557 2 years ago

I have a expensive scanner we use on car parts I can do the Martian next week

#1560 2 years ago
Quoted from DavidCPA:

That would be awesome! What kind of scanner are you using?

DavidCPA we are using a Artec Space also know as the spider

Problem is as with any scanner expensive or consumer grade is cleaning up the scan file with all sort of distortions picked up around a object . So it’s not like scan and print you shave your scan first and or line up multi scans and then make a complete image to print

1 week later
#1626 2 years ago

So today I recieved 2 PM s regarding the Rudy funhouse face from planetary pinball , about copyrights and some other stuff that I keep for myself .I decided to take the post down with pictures and I won’t share the files. He is the owner of the funhouse/Williams copyright .I’m not on this forum to have problems . My thought was to help people but that was just destroyed. So if anyone s angry take it up with Rick

#1630 2 years ago

I’m not here to sell, it was my idea to give it for free to the community so everybody can enjoy it as pinball is expensive as it is already….

#1634 2 years ago

Hmmm you all do have a point. Let me check in to this

1 week later
#1680 2 years ago

Yes I try but it’s so small that I’m missing a lot of detail. I’m trying something new on Monday

Promoted items from Pinside Marketplace and Pinside Shops!
$ 2.50
Lighting - Led
Pinballrom

$ 10.00
Playfield - Protection
UpKick Pinball

$ 15.00
Playfield - Other
RobTune

$ 35.00
Cabinet - Other
Rocket City Pinball

Machine - For Sale
Livermore, CA
$ 35.99
Eproms
Matt's Basement Arcade

$ 20.00
Cabinet - Decals
Pinball Haus

$ 27.95
Eproms
Pinballrom

$ 18.00
Electronics
Yorktown Arcade Supply

Playfield - Other
Rocket City Pinball

Machine - For Sale
Orange, CA
Wanted
Machine - Wanted
Fort Lauderdale, FL
4,995 (OBO)
Machine - For Sale
Dunakeszi
$ 15.00
Playfield - Decals
Metal-Mods

$ 15.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
RobTune

$ 53.99
Eproms
Matt's Basement Arcade

$ 12.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
UpKick Pinball

$ 69.00
Gameroom - Decorations
Pinball Pimp

$ 10.00
Playfield - Protection
UpKick Pinball

Hey modders!
Your shop name here

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider AMSNL.
Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/3d-printing-sharing-thread-lets-better-the-hobby?tu=AMSNL and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.