image (resized).jpg
pasted_image (resized).png
Pinside_forum_4210998_1179773 (resized).jpg
IMG_6159 (resized).jpeg
IMG_6158 (resized).jpeg

Topic index (key posts)

12 key posts have been marked in this topic, showing the first 10 items. (Show topic index)

There are 6,597 posts in this topic. You are on page 88 of 132.
#4351 11 months ago
Quoted from TheCnyPinGuy:

Can someone print me this in Red or White as I can always paint it
Please message me
Thank you
https://www.printables.com/model/478592-ghostbusters-pinball-storage-facility-3d-sculpt-mo

PM Sent

#4352 11 months ago

Please message me
Thank you
https://www.printables.com/model/478592-ghostbusters-pinball-storage-facility-3d-sculpt-mo

PM me if you still need help.

Oops, forgot to go to next page or I would have seen above reply.

#4353 11 months ago
Quoted from Mr_Tantrum:

PM me if you still need help.
Oops, forgot to go to next page or I would have seen above reply.

Already got some printed and going out Sat. (time permitting)!

#4354 11 months ago

Please message me
Thank you

Printed in PLA plus, came out very nice.

20230520_165726 (resized).jpg20230520_165726 (resized).jpg
#4355 11 months ago

Got tired up jamming up my hands trying to punch down these Stern IDC (077-5216-01 / 077-5216-00) connectors, so I designed a little jig. I'm not super good with 3D modeling, so it took a few iterations to get there.
Stern jig (resized).pngStern jig (resized).png

IMG_0028 (resized).jpegIMG_0028 (resized).jpeg

IMG_0030 (resized).jpegIMG_0030 (resized).jpegIMG_0029 (resized).jpegIMG_0029 (resized).jpeg
#4356 10 months ago

I am prepping my games for NWPAS and made keychains to help the techs find mine easier.

PXL_20230531_002940270 (resized).jpgPXL_20230531_002940270 (resized).jpg
#4357 10 months ago
Quoted from Wharhed:

Got tired up jamming up my hands trying to punch down these Stern IDC (077-5216-01 / 077-5216-00) connectors, so I designed a little jig. I'm not super good with 3D modeling, so it took a few iterations to get there.
[quoted image]
[quoted image][quoted image][quoted image]

Great job! This is what I love about 3D printing, creating those one off items that make life a little easier. I also enjoy seeing all the interations side by side to get an idea of the work and thought that goes into a project like this.

#4358 10 months ago

I have a Comet that I am working on. The head has a wheel-of-fortune type thing which spins. It has lights all the way around it.

I have heard some discussion about using colored lights, but it seems like its not very bright so I was thinking of a small reflector. It would press into the hole and surround the bulb, painted silver it would reflect more light onto the wheel.

I whipped up a quick idea of it but before diving into printing I was wondering if anyone had tried it and found it useful or basically unnoticable.

IMG_7703 (resized).jpgIMG_7703 (resized).jpgScreenshot 2023-05-31 162104 (resized).pngScreenshot 2023-05-31 162104 (resized).png
#4359 10 months ago

I see that Creality is having a sale of $500 off for their laser engrave. $1200 and its yours, seems like it could be fun but I just have no idea what I would use it for.
https://store.creality.com/products/falcon2-40w-laser-engraver-cutter

#4360 10 months ago

Does any one have or know a link to a trough inlay for a data east pin? In my case Tommy.

#4361 10 months ago
Quoted from RobF:

I am prepping my games for NWPAS and made keychains to help the techs find mine easier.
[quoted image]

I've been doing similar

20230520_190421 (resized).jpg20230520_190421 (resized).jpg20230520_190432 (resized).jpg20230520_190432 (resized).jpg20230520_232515 (resized).jpg20230520_232515 (resized).jpg20230521_015357 (resized).jpg20230521_015357 (resized).jpg20230522_162523 (resized).jpg20230522_162523 (resized).jpg20230522_210214 (resized).jpg20230522_210214 (resized).jpg20230522_231240 (resized).jpg20230522_231240 (resized).jpg20230523_000830 (resized).jpg20230523_000830 (resized).jpg20230523_225937 (resized).jpg20230523_225937 (resized).jpg20230523_232553 (resized).jpg20230523_232553 (resized).jpg20230524_181307 (resized).jpg20230524_181307 (resized).jpg20230524_223308 (resized).jpg20230524_223308 (resized).jpg20230524_231221 (resized).jpg20230524_231221 (resized).jpg

These actually look awful in close up without any cleanup!

They don't look like that in reality

#4362 10 months ago
Quoted from WJxxxx:

I've noticed that photos really highlight the imperfections in the top layer, but they never look that exaggerated in person.

#4363 10 months ago
Quoted from WJxxxx:

I've been doing similar
[quoted image][quoted image][quoted image][quoted image][quoted image][quoted image][quoted image][quoted image][quoted image][quoted image][quoted image][quoted image][quoted image]

What printer? I'm curious if it supports ironing

#4364 10 months ago
Quoted from Rdoyle1978:

What printer? I'm curious if it supports ironing

It's a Flashforge Adventurer 3. It does support ironing, and I have used that on some larger prints. As these were only printed with a 0.4mm nozzle in Fast mode they took less than 12 minutes each on average (most of the time taken up with changing the filament). Seeing as I'll be giving them out to people who donate machines to a couple of comps I'm running I didn't go for perfect quality. (Although I am mightily impressed with the luminous Godzilla Key)

My friend who has a Creality printer is always amazed at the quality of the prints and is considering switching.
The major downsides of the Adventurer are the small print size 150x150x150mm and relatively slow print speed, but ease of use, quality of print and ease in changing nozzles, filament and print bed more than make up for them - especially when coupled with the price.

20230602_134740 (resized).jpg20230602_134740 (resized).jpg
#4365 10 months ago
Quoted from mark532011:

I see that Creality is having a sale of $500 off for their laser engrave. $1200 and its yours, seems like it could be fun but I just have no idea what I would use it for.
https://store.creality.com/products/falcon2-40w-laser-engraver-cutter

Please don't buy one of these. Any open frame laser from any brand material for safety of you and those around you.

Please come join us in the laser cutting thread if you're interested in laser cutting and we'll help you out!

#4366 10 months ago
Quoted from BMGfan:

Please don't buy one of these. Any open frame laser from any brand material for safety of you and those around you.
Please come join us in the laser cutting thread if you're interested in laser cutting and we'll help you out!

I was curious - it seems pretty pricey! I have a Glowforge I paid $1400 for which has its own downsides, but at least is enclosed

#4367 10 months ago
Quoted from Rdoyle1978:

I was curious - it seems pretty pricey! I have a Glowforge I paid $1400 for which has its own downsides, but at least is enclosed

Yeah these "cheap" diode lasers are really scary without an enclosure.

We now return you to your regularly scheduled 3d printing content....

#4368 10 months ago

Have an empty system 11 cab that is slowly become a game. You’d think something as simple as the backing retainer for the credit button would be available.

914DB20C-D870-40AA-BB22-D28E23187463 (resized).jpeg914DB20C-D870-40AA-BB22-D28E23187463 (resized).jpeg
#4369 10 months ago
Quoted from newovad:

Have an empty system 11 cab that is slowly become a game. You’d think something as simple as the backing retainer for the credit button would be available.
[quoted image]

That looks a little rough, what's going on?

#4370 10 months ago
Quoted from mbwalker:

That looks a little rough, what's going on?

Made it using Sketchup and I don't think it likes circles. At least, not ones that are 11mm big. It also goes inside the cab where no one will ever see it, so I'm more worried about function vs form.

#4371 10 months ago
Quoted from newovad:

Made it using Sketchup and I don't think it likes circles. At least, not ones that are 11mm big. It also goes inside the cab where no one will ever see it, so I'm more worried about function vs form.

Thanks, was just curious. Didn't mean to sound negative, hope it didn't come across that way.

#4372 10 months ago
Quoted from mbwalker:

Thanks, was just curious. Didn't mean to sound negative, hope it didn't come across that way.

No worries. I need to look at my z hop perhaps.

image (resized).jpgimage (resized).jpg
#4373 10 months ago

Anyone have issues with certain colors, or PLAs gumming up mid print after hours of being ok?
I have 2 ender 3s and I'm having issues with black, and Grey starting out fine, great print, then wake up to find them real rough feeling, and no pla coming out of the nozzle.
Haven't had this issue with most colors, just the Grey and black, and all from the same supplier.

#4374 10 months ago
Quoted from MrBigg:

Anyone have issues with certain colors, or PLAs gumming up mid print after hours of being ok?
I have 2 ender 3s and I'm having issues with black, and Grey starting out fine, great print, then wake up to find them real rough feeling, and no pla coming out of the nozzle.
Haven't had this issue with most colors, just the Grey and black, and all from the same supplier.

That's very odd.

My first gut says partially blocked nozzle. I'd try swapping the nozzle or running cleaning filament through it.

Are the black and grey the same brands of PLA or different?

#4375 10 months ago
Quoted from MrBigg:

I've never narrowed it down to one color but I've definitely had rolls that just don't print nicely. I spend all this time trying to fix my printer and then try changing to another roll and it works. Similar issues with the finish coming out really bad or clogging up the nozzle. I always assumed it was because the filament had taken on water but I've never been able to figure out what the actual problem was.

#4376 10 months ago
Quoted from MrBigg:

Why not try upping the temp by about 5 degrees? Maybe there’s just something about those rolls being on the higher side of melting temp tolerance, and they need that extra little heat to finish the print without jamming.

#4377 10 months ago
Quoted from Nokoro:

Why not try upping the temp by about 5 degrees? Maybe there’s just something about those rolls being on the higher side of melting temp tolerance, and they need that extra little heat to finish the print without jamming.

Tried that with no change, same issue. I'm guessing maybe just bad PLA.
And yes, they are all the same brand.
I know this, on a long print, that is Hella frustrating.

#4378 10 months ago
Quoted from MrBigg:

Yeah, I’ve been there. Sucks to have prints fail late in the process. Good luck sorting it out.

#4379 10 months ago
Quoted from MrBigg:

You might have an extruder heater or temp sensor going south intermittently. Telltale sign (on my Ender 2 anyways) is a click-click coming from the filament drive as it struggles to push filament out of an extruder that's hot, but not hot enough. I've had this happen twice over the years. I just buy an entire new extruder since they only cost ~$20, then everything is new.

I have a temperature meter and when I checked, instead of 215, I was about 40 or 50 degrees lower (if I remember correctly).

#4380 10 months ago
Quoted from mark532011:

I have a Comet that I am working on. The head has a wheel-of-fortune type thing which spins. It has lights all the way around it.
I have heard some discussion about using colored lights, but it seems like its not very bright so I was thinking of a small reflector. It would press into the hole and surround the bulb, painted silver it would reflect more light onto the wheel.
I whipped up a quick idea of it but before diving into printing I was wondering if anyone had tried it and found it useful or basically unnoticable.[quoted image][quoted image]

That is a Cyclone. The bulbs that go around the wheel are not meant to illuminate the wheel....they are just for looks. They are seen directly through the translite.....meaning the translite actually has transparent holes in it so you can see the bulbs directly. I really cannot imagine anyone not thinking the bulbs are bright enough....as you are looking directly at them.

If you are having trouble seeing the wheel during gameplay, I would expect your game has some other issue.

PS: Getting, color matching, LEDs to match the color of those lit sections on the translite around the wheel does look nice.

#4381 10 months ago
Quoted from mbwalker:

You might have an extruder heater or temp sensor going south intermittently. Telltale sign (on my Ender 2 anyways) is a click-click coming from the filament drive as it struggles to push filament out of an extruder that's hot, but not hot enough. I've had this happen twice over the years . I just buy an entire new extruder since they only cost ~$20, then everything is new.
I have a temperature meter and when I checked, instead of 215, I was about 40 or 50 degrees lower (if I remember correctly).

That "click click" at wheels is exactly what I'm dealing with. That starts happening right before it begins failing. So my sensor, and head unit are losing temp... that makes good sense. Ty for that info!

#4382 10 months ago

Does anyone have a file for the speaker panel brackets for Data East machines?

#4383 10 months ago

MrBigg you need to post an image so we can see the end result to diagnose anything. I have several colors of hatchbox that have no issues. I once had the idea colors had an issue in prior printing at some point but sometimes it's a matter of dialing in properly. Usually best to print lower temp if possible with no jamming.

This looks new and cool.

#4384 10 months ago
Quoted from MrBigg:

That "click click" at wheels is exactly what I'm dealing with. That starts happening right before it begins failing. So my sensor, and head unit are losing temp... that makes good sense. Ty for that info!

Good deal that was (likely) it. I never bothered to determine if it's the heater or the temp sensor (likely is) conking out, if I'm digging into the controller to make wire connections, might as well just replace the whole assembly for $20 and call it a day.

Replacing the entire head is pretty easy mechanically, but running the wires back into the controller is a bit of PIA. I'm going to install WAGO level nuts or the like the next time I replace, but I need to make sure they can handle the current first (WAGO is 20A, UL listed). Snip the existing wires and add the connectors. Then when I go to replace the extruder again it will be a ton easier.

pasted_image (resized).pngpasted_image (resized).png

#4385 10 months ago
Quoted from dpadam450:

This looks new and cool.

That looks incredibly cool. Unfortunately it looks like there will be some big barriers to getting this tech to the hobby/consumer level (need a press and a sandblasting booth) but those can always be overcome.

#4386 10 months ago
Quoted from uncivil_engineer:

Does anyone have a file for the speaker panel brackets for Data East machines?

I know this model is up on thingiverse, but I haven't tried it - https://www.thingiverse.com/thing:5363040

#4387 10 months ago
Quoted from mbwalker:

Good deal that was (likely) it. I never bothered to determine if it's the heater or the temp sensor (likely is) conking out, if I'm digging into the controller to make wire connections, might as well just replace the whole assembly for $20 and call it a day.
Replacing the entire head is pretty easy mechanically, but running the wires back into the controller is a bit of PIA. I'm going to install WAGO level nuts or the like the next time I replace, but I need to make sure they can handle the current first (WAGO is 20A, UL listed). Snip the existing wires and add the connectors. Then when I go to replace the extruder again it will be a ton easier.
[quoted image]

Which replacement kit did you buy, and where did you get it? There are a ton of options, and most look as cheap as the original.

#4388 10 months ago
Quoted from MrBigg:

Which replacement kit did you buy, and where did you get it? There are a ton of options, and most look as cheap as the original.

I'll take a look but it wasn't anything fancy. Got it on Amazon. I sort of consider these as an expendable item, replace every couple of years.

I remember once I tried to replace just the hot end itself, couldn't get the filament tube out to save my life. I said to myself "I ain't doing this again. ", and have gotten the entire gizmo ever since.

Edit: I bought this. I made and error on my original post. I mentioned I had a End 2, I actually have a Ender 3

pasted_image (resized).pngpasted_image (resized).png
#4389 10 months ago
Quoted from Wharhed:

I know this model is up on thingiverse, but I haven't tried it - https://www.thingiverse.com/thing:5363040

Well I will give it a try. Thanks.

#4390 10 months ago

What do you guys do with your old Printers if you are upgrading or replacing, throw away, give away, sell or keep it? My Creality CR-10s is showing its age, time for something new.

#4391 10 months ago
Quoted from DarthPaul:

What do you guys do with your old Printers if you are upgrading or replacing, throw away, give away, sell or keep it? My Creality CR-10s is showing its age, time for something new.

Depends on your situation of course. If you can get decent money for it and need the cash selling it is always helpful to fund the new printer, but I got my first printer as a hand me down from my brother and ended up passing it along to someone else eventually. I think a lot of people are interested in 3d printing but feel intimidated or think it's too complex to start so gifting them a printer is a great way to get them going.

You could always check if the local library or a school wants it too.

#4392 10 months ago
Quoted from DarthPaul:

I hated my Ender 3 so much I relished in throwing it directly in the trash. Probably won't do that again, but it was a total piece of junk. When I upgrade away from my Prusa MK3, I'll probably give it to one of the kids at the high school

#4393 10 months ago
Quoted from DarthPaul:

My Prusa MK3S+ went to my son when I got my Bambu X1C. I thought about keeping it for running parts but I keep trying not to do 3D printing in volume as I really don't need another hobby.

#4394 10 months ago
Quoted from DarthPaul:

I put my three ender 5's on craigslist, then told my intern co-worker that I would take $500 for all three. $165 per printer that's been upgraded with parts is a goldmine to an engineering student. My 2nd Bambu comes Thursday.

#4395 10 months ago
Quoted from DarthPaul:

I had intended to use my Anycubic Vyper to run random parts when I got my X1C but honestly never wanted to go back to it. I asked several friends and was able to give it to a buddy to use it. I just added a P1P to the mix for TPU parts as it didn't make sense to go back to a machine that would take 5X the time to print. He is happy so all good.

#4396 10 months ago

All right, I’m going to do the Bambu as a business expense. What is the model everyone’s happy with? The X1C? I’d consider doing multicolor stuff so I suppose I’ll get the additional filament enclosure too.

#4397 10 months ago
Quoted from Rdoyle1978:

All right, I’m going to do the Bambu as a business expense. What is the model everyone’s happy with? The X1C? I’d consider doing multicolor stuff so I suppose I’ll get the additional filament enclosure too.

P1P is great! The fancier screen and LiDAR aren’t necessary. If you plan to do more exotic materials, then choose X1C. But for standard PLA and TPU etc, P1P is fantastic. I also have the AMS despite rarely doing multicolor; it’s just great for auto switching when a roll runs out and for dry storage and fast selection of other filaments.

#4398 10 months ago
Quoted from Rdoyle1978:

I have the X1C and highly recommend it. I started with one AMS unit, have added a second, and have my eye on a third (up to 4 are supported for 16 spools of filament).

I've been happy with the enclosure for the minimal ABS things I print, but if all you will ever do is PLA, PETG, TPU, then it is not necessary. However, I'm assuming the X1C is quieter than the open P1P. I have mine in my home office, and I can certainly tell a large difference when I open the glass door versus leaving it closed while the printer is running.

Another tip is to modify the filament settings where applicable so the fans never rev up more than 50% (where the noise level becomes noticeable). I believe I posted how to do this previously in this thread.

#4399 10 months ago

Thanks guys.

I’m about to kick off some research, but are the print speeds about the same for the P1P and the X1C? There are 2 main things I’m looking for: larger print volume, and the speed without sacrificing quality.
I’m doing a lot of 40/50 hour prints on the Prusa and when it has an issue, that whole time is wasted.

I had a serious problem a few weeks back where the filament got all twisted around the power and Thermistor wires, but I didn’t notice at first. Eventually it just won’t print because the thermistor wire eventually became completely severed. The power soon followed, and when I went to replace the thermistor, I couldn’t get it out without damaging the hot end, so had to order a new one. I doubt the Bambu would never be susceptible to such an issue, but it’s made
Me think twice about relying exclusively on the Prusa when there are faster options out there.

#4400 10 months ago
Quoted from Rdoyle1978:

Thanks guys.
I’m about to kick off some research, but are the print speeds about the same for the P1P and the X1C? There are 2 main things I’m looking for: larger print volume, and the speed without sacrificing quality.
I’m doing a lot of 40/50 hour prints on the Prusa and when it has an issue, that whole time is wasted.
I had a serious problem a few weeks back where the filament got all twisted around the power and Thermistor wires, but I didn’t notice at first. Eventually it just won’t print because the thermistor wire eventually became completely severed. The power soon followed, and when I went to replace the thermistor, I couldn’t get it out without damaging the hot end, so had to order a new one. I doubt the Bambu would never be susceptible to such an issue, but it’s made
Me think twice about relying exclusively on the Prusa when there are faster options out there.

Prints are same speeds. Just d/l Bambu Studio, import your STL files, then generate GL code with desired settings to do comparison against Prusa. In my experience Bambu is 2x to 4x faster depending on model.

Not to mention no more manual filament changes for multi-color prints, so they can be done unattended.

Here is one example using one of my more complex mods with the same exact settings (layer height, walls, top/bottom layers, infill, filament, etc.) On the Prusa MK3S+ the print time is 14h39m. On my Bambu Carbon X1 the print time is 4h40m (over 3x faster).

2 (resized).JPG2 (resized).JPGCapture (resized).JPGCapture (resized).JPG

Promoted items from Pinside Marketplace and Pinside Shops!
$ 10.00
Playfield - Protection
UpKick Pinball

$ 35.00
Cabinet - Other
Rocket City Pinball

$ 10.00
Playfield - Protection
UpKick Pinball

$ 20.00
Cabinet - Decals
Pinball Haus

$ 15.00
Playfield - Decals
Metal-Mods

$ 12.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
UpKick Pinball

$ 35.99
Eproms
Matt's Basement Arcade

Cabinet - Other
NO GOUGE PINBALL™

$ 27.95
Eproms
Pinballrom

$ 53.99
Eproms
Matt's Basement Arcade

Wanted
Machine - Wanted
Red Oak, TX
Wanted
Machine - Wanted
Fort Lauderdale, FL
$ 18.00
Electronics
Yorktown Arcade Supply

$ 15.00
Playfield - Other
RobTune

Playfield - Other
Rocket City Pinball

$ 69.00
Gameroom - Decorations
Pinball Pimp

$ 15.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
RobTune

4,995 (OBO)
Machine - For Sale
Dunakeszi
$ 54.99
Cabinet - Shooter Rods
Lighted Pinball Mods

Machine - For Sale
Orange, CA
There are 6,597 posts in this topic. You are on page 88 of 132.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/3d-printing-sharing-thread-lets-better-the-hobby/page/88 and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.