image (resized).jpg
pasted_image (resized).png
Pinside_forum_4210998_1179773 (resized).jpg
IMG_6159 (resized).jpeg
IMG_6158 (resized).jpeg

Topic index (key posts)

12 key posts have been marked in this topic, showing the first 10 items. (Show topic index)

There are 6,597 posts in this topic. You are on page 85 of 132.
#4201 1 year ago
Quoted from Mrsiyufy:

Going to buy the bambu x1 carbon - do I want the AMS ? I’ve never done multi color before is it worth it?

Yes.

#4202 1 year ago
Quoted from Mrsiyufy:

Going to buy the bambu x1 carbon - do I want the AMS ? I’ve never done multi color before is it worth it?

I say just go for it. There are ways of doing multi color prints without a system designed for it but it is tedious and the results look so much better by doing it the proper way. If you think you have any interest at all in multi color prints just get it.

#4203 1 year ago

My Bambu x1 with AMS was delivered today, can't wait to get it up and running.

#4204 1 year ago
Quoted from Mrsiyufy:

I have 2 AMS units (8 spools online) and wear them out (honestly, I may have 1 or 2 more units in my future). The AMS opens up so much more possibilities. I would highly recommend starting with one if it is in the budget. Even if you don't do much multi-color printing you can use it to have your 4 most used filaments online at all times, and the AMS unit also serves as a dehumidifier.

#4206 1 year ago

This example is only applicable for the few multi-extruder machines. For the Bambu w/AMS, Support-W filament is meant behave in the same way (low layer adhesion at the support interface layer).

#4207 1 year ago

Decided to try a printed ramp cover for Foo Fighters. I’m still working on colors and a lit version but this one should be good enough to test durability

0EE842A3-BA70-4160-B367-792107CA0C4F (resized).jpeg0EE842A3-BA70-4160-B367-792107CA0C4F (resized).jpeg19A3A26E-EBC4-4CC1-96C4-17D27F373371 (resized).jpeg19A3A26E-EBC4-4CC1-96C4-17D27F373371 (resized).jpeg
#4208 1 year ago

I never tried the hairspray method because I didn't want to smell or have the particles breath all day. I believe you still have to clean up and re-apply. I'm aware of the other methods, but very early on I started to use doubled sided tape. I print first layer full-speed (which can be 110mm/ even at 185C for PLA).

I bought a new printer recently with the textured/flexible build plate. It worked ok for like 2 prints and then had issues. Double Sided tape would not stick to the textured side after I had issues. I have now been using the magnetic side with tape applied. When print is done, flex it and it falls off. The tape stays perfect unlike prior build plates where prying off prints would eventually scrap off the double sided tape.

I've done about 30 - 50 prints this way and my tape is still sticky and perfect. Could last forever who knows but definitely never had adhesion issues with tape for PLA or ABS. Something to try if you ever get a failed first layer. It's annoying trying to tune.

pasted_image (resized).pngpasted_image (resized).pngpasted_image (resized).pngpasted_image (resized).png

#4209 1 year ago

The center logo on the apron of my DrWho is damaged.
Decided to 3d print a logo
Was first thinking of going with the recent blue/white color scheme but then made a 5 color print based on how the logo looks like on the flyer.

And while I was busy, made 3d logos for my AfM and Baywatch too..

20230414_210115 (resized).jpg20230414_210115 (resized).jpg
#4210 1 year ago

Scarred stiff pinball gulp prototype in the works. Need to darken the gray a bit.

06B428F5-8C32-4A64-9A14-8CFF4098B5B3 (resized).jpeg06B428F5-8C32-4A64-9A14-8CFF4098B5B3 (resized).jpeg3AA97687-D58A-45DD-80E3-81747D757FFA (resized).jpeg3AA97687-D58A-45DD-80E3-81747D757FFA (resized).jpeg97821DB2-86D1-4E06-8BB5-1D5F5E5B5B48 (resized).jpeg97821DB2-86D1-4E06-8BB5-1D5F5E5B5B48 (resized).jpegE1156F3A-8F29-4D30-8A9F-ACBDA969C77A (resized).jpegE1156F3A-8F29-4D30-8A9F-ACBDA969C77A (resized).jpeg
#4211 1 year ago

Looking into getting a first 3D printer. Would prefer something that's fairly user friendly and don't have to tinker too much with setup or configuration. Been reading the thread a while and reviews of different options. Seems like a Prusa or Bambu might be the way to go? Any thoughts or recommendations?

It'd be nice to do multi color printing, so don't mind the MMU add-on to the Prusa. Initially I was leaning towards the MK3, but now with the 4 out I'd go that way for a Prusa; but figured I'd ask for feedback.

#4212 1 year ago
Quoted from animesuperj:

Looking into getting a first 3D printer. Would prefer something that's fairly user friendly and don't have to tinker too much with setup or configuration. Been reading the thread a while and reviews of different options. Seems like a Prusa or Bambu might be the way to go? Any thoughts or recommendations?
It'd be nice to do multi color printing, so don't mind the MMU add-on to the Prusa. Initially I was leaning towards the MK3, but now with the 4 out I'd go that way for a Prusa; but figured I'd ask for feedback.

ive been printing for 6 years, have owned 6 different brands of printers (including a prusa mk2). with the bambu i have never experienced a printer that was so trouble free operation, very little assembly, simple slicer program with built in remote print jobs and camera remote viewing. you will be very happy with it, even if you go with p1p.

#4213 1 year ago
Quoted from animesuperj:

If you think you will just tinker at times with it, then might be hard to justify anything beyond something like an Ender. However, if you have the budget and value ease of use, reliability, etc. then either purchase a Prusa MK4 or Bambu Carbon/P1P.

#4214 1 year ago

I don't really want to have to tinker. I'd be nice to "setup and go". I don't mind building the kit for the MK4, I enjoy that type of stuff. The open source-ness of Pursa is nice, but Bambu seems to have a slight edge (mabye?) on multi color prints. Pretty much any reading or info I've found people have their camps or favorites; but still say that either would be great. Just hard to make a decision, lol.

Is the Bambu X1 the "equivalent" to the MK4?

#4215 1 year ago
Quoted from animesuperj:

I don't really want to have to tinker. I'd be nice to "setup and go". I don't mind building the kit for the MK4, I enjoy that type of stuff. The open source-ness of Pursa is nice, but Bambu seems to have a slight edge (mabye?) on multi color prints. Pretty much any reading or info I've found people have their camps or favorites; but still say that either would be great. Just hard to make a decision, lol.

I was a long-time Prusa MK3S+ owner and happy promotor of the printer. However, after finally making the switch to the Bambu Carbon X1, I personally consider the Bambu to be a superior machine. You can search my name in this thread to see my thought process moving to the Bambu from Prusa, but in short I have zero regrets and a multitude of confirmations after making the change. While the MK4 has introduced some new features like auto bed levelling, the speed of the Bambu still amazes me. Also, if you ever think you want to get into multi-material printing, the Bambu is far superior in this realm (BTW, you can do multiple colors on either printer without MMU/AMS units but entire layers must be the same color and filament changes occur by hand instead of automatically).

BTW, I have built two Prusa MK3 printers, and I think my quickest was in about 8 hours. I was happy to save the cost of the pre-assembled one, but I must admit that taking the Bambu out of the box, removing some packing material, and plugging it in ready to go was pretty awesome.

#4216 1 year ago
Quoted from animesuperj:

no.. bambu is still faster because it is core-xy. Prusa mk4 is still cartesian so it cant possibly change direction as quickly just because of the mechanical design.

#4217 1 year ago
Quoted from animesuperj:

I'll say that whichever printer you pick you are 99% likely to be happy with it. Both are great printers.

If you care more about open source, not sending money to China and easy ability to repair/upgrade/change parts then go with the Prusa. If you care more about set it and forget it and aren't worried that the service level and parts availability from Bambu is still an unknown then go with the bambu. (although if you go with the prebuilt prusa it's pretty close to set it and forget it as well, the kit is a full day build for sure)

If you want to do multi color prints it's probably best to go with the Bambu also.

#4218 1 year ago
Quoted from Soulrider911:

Scarred stiff pinball gulp prototype in the works. Need to darken the gray a bit. [quoted image][quoted image][quoted image][quoted image]

Very Awesome!!

#4219 1 year ago

Scarred stiff pinball gulp prototype in the works. Need to darken the gray a bit. [quoted image][quoted image][quoted image][quoted image]

Should try your hand at an Oktoberfest one next.

#4220 1 year ago
Quoted from animesuperj:

Go with the Bambu X1, You will be happy. The Bambu P1P is nice, its just missing the camera and Lidar option, walls, but you can print out your own custom enclosure.

I agree with everyone elses comments, Prusa and Ender are very good just depends on what you are going to do.

Hope you enjoy 3D printing with whatever Rig you go with, cuz you will ultimately want a 2nd one. Lol

#4221 1 year ago

Looks amazing! Are you going to make the files available once you're done?

#4222 1 year ago

I keep seeing the Ender-3 S1 on sale somewhere for $250 or so. Would I regret buying it for these kind of pin mod projects?

#4223 1 year ago

Appreciate all the feedback from everyone. Thinking of picking up the X1. By the time the mk4 and add-ons are purchased there doesn't seem to be a huge price difference. Having something just work for the first printer would also be nice.

#4225 1 year ago

I like all the discussionrecently on different printer options. I have looked at the MK4 and Creality K1, but I keep coming back to the Bambu printer line.

Has anyone run into issues since it seems to be such a closed environment software and replacement parts wise?

I am leaning towards the P1P, since I prefer the PEI plate that is textured which does not work with the X1 LIDAR. Is there any other reason to choose the X1 Carbon over the P1P?

#4226 1 year ago
Quoted from La4s:

I like all the discussionrecently on different printer options. I have looked at the MK4 and Creality K1, but I keep coming back to the Bambu printer line.
Has anyone run into issues since it seems to be such a closed environment software and replacement parts wise?
I am leaning towards the P1P, since I prefer the PEI plate that is textured which does not work with the X1 LIDAR. Is there any other reason to choose the X1 Carbon over the P1P?

I’m also going back and forth between the p1p and x1c

#4227 1 year ago
Quoted from Mrsiyufy:

You can print, or buy side panels for the P1P to make it enclosed, and it also supports the AMS system. Not sure the LIDAR is worth the extra investment, unless I am missing other features.

#4228 1 year ago
Quoted from La4s:

I have run tons of jobs on my P1P and haven't had any parts fail, or get any blockages of any sort. I'm sure at some point the nozzle will need to get replaced, and eventually the filament cutter, and at some point the belts will get worn but that's true of every printer. The only sucky part is only bambu seems to sell them. I'm so spoiled by buying spare parts from amazon and having them in a couple days, but maybe that's not a bad thing. Perhaps we need quality control instead of chinese cloned parts flooding amazon.

* Looks like one company is selling a hotend with "improvements" for twice the price of the OEM
https://www.amazon.com/Temperature-Hotend-Heatbreak-Compatible-X1/dp/B0BMZZD5QK/ref=sr_1_4

#4229 1 year ago
Quoted from La4s:

You want the X1, color screen, the Lidar is worth every penny, the camera is a nice feature. I know the minute a print starts to fail or starts making Spaghetti, the X1 stops and sends a message to check the print, whereas the P1P w/out Lidar will keep on running filament. The texture plates work fine with Lidar on the X1.

#4230 1 year ago
Quoted from eyeamred2u:

You want the X1, color screen, the Lidar is worth every penny, the camera is a nice feature. I know the minute a print starts to fail or starts making Spaghetti, the X1 stops and sends a message to check the print, whereas the P1P w/out Lidar will keep on running filament. The texture plates work fine with Lidar on the X1.

Thanks for the information. Everything I have read says the lidar does not work with textured plates. If it does, then the X is my next printer.

#4231 1 year ago
Quoted from La4s:

Thanks for the information. Everything I have read says the lidar does not work with textured plates. If it does, then the X is my next printer.

I’ve not found that to be strictly the case - there are lots of people posting about the LIDAR working fine with textured plates. Now I don’t have an X1 but it may be worth checking a little further before making your decision

#4232 1 year ago

Does anyone use XTC-3D to help with finishing?

#4233 1 year ago
Quoted from La4s:

Absolutely no issues that couldn't be addressed. I had some finicky filaments at first, so I quickly learned how to clear clogs, remove the print head, etc., but since I got through that filament (Prusament Galaxy Silver), I've had zero issues even with the Prusament Galaxy Black and Galaxy purple filaments. Bambu offers a full line of replacement parts online at affordable prices.

As far as the slicer goes, it is based on the same platform as Prusa Slicer so all the same settings are there (just in different places).

Thus far, I've printed on Cold Plate, Hot Plate (my preferred), Textured Plate, and Engineering plates with no issues.

#4234 1 year ago
Quoted from Mrsiyufy:

I’ve got a P1P, I canceled my X1Carbon after the cheaper one was announced. It’s brilliant, highly recommended. the X1C is only needed if you need more exotic materials like carbon fiber. Would suggest saving the money, and updating when 2nd generation comes out if you want to upgrade. LiDAR doesn’t seem to be valuable enough to justify the cost.

#4235 1 year ago

#4236 1 year ago
Quoted from DarthPaul:

Does anyone use XTC-3D to help with finishing?

Might be best to just eat the time to print at a lower layer height like 0.1mm or 0.15 followed by 1 or 2 coats of spray primer. I've never tried it but it looks tedious to apply and then you might have to sand it before priming(?). Lot's of work and probably slightly more expensive than multiple coats. If you want smooth, I'd suggest abs and use the acetone smoothing. ABS is not hard to print in my opinion. If inside make sure you have an enclosure/cardboard box covering the printer to keep surrounding ambient temp up. Or since it stinks, keep it oustide.

#4237 1 year ago

Printing my first TPU on Bambu Carbon as I type. Looking good so far. I think I'm going to print a spool holder that wraps around to the side of the printer so I can still sit it up against the back wall and keep the filament bin in place.

#4238 1 year ago
Quoted from Mr_Tantrum:

Printing my first TPU on Bambu Carbon as I type. Looking good so far. I think I'm going to print a spool holder that wraps around to the side of the printer so I can still sit it up against the back wall and keep the filament bin in place.

I've been printing a lot of Flexible PLA and some TPU for my Playfield Jacks inserts and it does well though I would recommend bumping the retraction if you have stringing issues. I set mine to 1.5. Another thing I found is to be aware of heavy spools and bad filament winds which cause drag and can chew up the filament unnecessarily in the extruder. I am about to print this side spool holder as well.

https://www.printables.com/model/421739-bambu-x1c-side-mount-spool-holder-v2/files

#4239 1 year ago
Quoted from Kevin_LHeureux:

I've been printing a lot of Flexible PLA and some TPU for my Playfield Jacks inserts and it does well though I would recommend bumping the retraction if you have stringing issues. I set mine to 1.5. Another thing I found is to be aware of heavy spools and bad filament winds which cause drag and can chew up the filament unnecessarily in the extruder. I am about to print this side spool holder as well.
https://www.printables.com/model/421739-bambu-x1c-side-mount-spool-holder-v2/files

My other thought was to just mount a bearing spool holder on the wall next to the printer so it didn't need to make the turn and I could still use that space. Guess I'll have to weigh my options.

BTW, have you attempted to iron TPU? Just curious how it comes out if it even really works.

#4240 1 year ago
Quoted from Mr_Tantrum:

My other thought was to just mount a bearing spool holder on the wall next to the printer so it didn't need to make the turn and I could still use that space. Guess I'll have to weigh my options.
BTW, have you attempted to iron TPU? Just curious how it comes out if it even really works.

I have printed TPU but not tried ironing. I would think that would be terrible considering how poorly it works for gooey 'rigid" filament like PETG.

For my needs and with the PFJ inserts having a very thin dimension I found TPU wasn't the best option. I am sure that if printing something more substantial/thick it would be just fine as the finish looked good enough. I really like the finish and density of flexible PLA though and it seems to work better for functional parts as well.

I do definitely recommend running cleaning filament through the nozzle when done but that goes for any printer. I have even considered getting a P1P just for TPU/Flex PLA so I don't have to bother the X1

#4241 1 year ago

Ordered an X1 Carbon combo this morning and just got shipping notification that it will be here tomorrow!

#4242 1 year ago

I am enjoying a Bambu X1C also and I just wanted to add that the Bambu is not so closed as it seems in this thread. I am using it with Orcaslicer (which is open source and based on Bambu Studio, which is open source too now) and I just ordered a nice new hotend from Aliexpress with the ability to swap out the nozzles easier. Also the build plates are available there but not much cheaper than from Bambu.

That new hotend also supports the new nozzle's that can melt the plastic quicker and according to CNC Kitchen testing that helps even more with the high speed printing.

I am convinced that most of the spare parts of the Bambu will eventually be available through Ali/Amazon, either direct replacements or even upgraded parts. Bambu prices for spare parts are also very reasonable especially when comparing it to the prices that some of the other manufacturers are asking.

Very happy with the Bambu and this is the first printer that I really use for multicolor prints, it is that easy and reliable. Also had the Prusa and other printers with dual hot ends, but this is the first printer that just works.

#4243 1 year ago

Noobie question: are print files for multicolored objects readily available or are they still scarce? Thinking about printing The Dude sitting on the toilet bowl, but I think its available in single color only and I am no good at painting...

#4244 1 year ago
Quoted from Nepi23:

Noobie question: are print files for multicolored objects readily available or are they still scarce? Thinking about printing The Dude sitting on the toilet bowl, but I think its available in single color only and I am no good at painting...

Not sure about scarcity, but building or separating a single model for multi color printing is Def doable.

#4245 1 year ago
Quoted from Nepi23:

You “paint” the model in the slicer, and it is quite easy. Give it a try or I’m sure some of us here who use whatever slicer you use would be happy to do it for you.

#4246 1 year ago
Quoted from Kevin_LHeureux:

I have printed TPU but not tried ironing. I would think that would be terrible considering how poorly it works for gooey 'rigid" filament like PETG.
For my needs and with the PFJ inserts having a very thin dimension I found TPU wasn't the best option. I am sure that if printing something more substantial/thick it would be just fine as the finish looked good enough. I really like the finish and density of flexible PLA though and it seems to work better for functional parts as well.
I do definitely recommend running cleaning filament through the nozzle when done but that goes for any printer. I have even considered getting a P1P just for TPU/Flex PLA so I don't have to bother the X1

I tried ironing on one model and it mostly worked. I think I need to adjust overall settings some before my next print. I also tried using a heat gun to smooth the model, but pretty much destroyed it. While I have much to learn about TPU printing, I am really liking the rubberiness of the printed objects.

#4247 1 year ago

Hello everyone !
By any chance, is there someone here who have modelized a roll-over mount ?
I'm missing only one, shipping will be more expensive than the piece.

I'm talking about this king of support, the white plastic part.

500-6227-04 Right_2_300x227 (resized).jpg500-6227-04 Right_2_300x227 (resized).jpg

No luck on thingsverse.
Thank's !

#4249 1 year ago

Here is the part you have. I believe it is a SUZO-HAPP 95-4184-00

I've drawn it basically to have as a legacy part for Pinballmakers. I can send it to you if you want, but let me work up a part i think will be usable after 3D printing.

pasted_image (resized).pngpasted_image (resized).pngpasted_image (resized).pngpasted_image (resized).png
#4250 1 year ago

Wow, thank you !
Very very nice !
I'll be super happy if you can share the file.

Promoted items from Pinside Marketplace and Pinside Shops!
$ 27.95
Eproms
Pinballrom

$ 35.00
Cabinet - Other
Rocket City Pinball

$ 18.00
Electronics
Yorktown Arcade Supply

Machine - For Sale
Orange, CA
$ 20.00
Cabinet - Decals
Pinball Haus

Wanted
Machine - Wanted
Fort Lauderdale, FL
Playfield - Plastics
The Pinball Scientist

$ 10.00
Playfield - Protection
UpKick Pinball

Wanted
Machine - Wanted
Red Oak, TX
$ 15.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
RobTune

Playfield - Other
Rocket City Pinball

4,995 (OBO)
Machine - For Sale
Dunakeszi
$ 53.99
Eproms
Matt's Basement Arcade

$ 69.00
Gameroom - Decorations
Pinball Pimp

$ 10.00
Playfield - Protection
UpKick Pinball

$ 15.00
Playfield - Other
RobTune

$ 12.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
UpKick Pinball

$ 35.99
Eproms
Matt's Basement Arcade

$ 15.00
Playfield - Decals
Metal-Mods

There are 6,597 posts in this topic. You are on page 85 of 132.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/3d-printing-sharing-thread-lets-better-the-hobby/page/85?hl=xdetroit and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.