IMG_8047 (resized).jpeg
20240309_141753 (resized).jpg
20240309_141803 (resized).jpg
IMG_1463 (resized).jpg
IMG_1465 (resized).jpg
IMG_1464 (resized).jpg
IMG_1466 (resized).jpg

Topic index (key posts)

12 key posts have been marked in this topic, showing the first 10 items. (Show topic index)

There are 6,473 posts in this topic. You are on page 80 of 130.
#3951 1 year ago
Quoted from Mr_Tantrum:

You must admit there is some ambiguity in the title of this thread, "3D printing sharing thread.... Lets better the hobby".
Which hobby? The 3D printing hobby or the pinball hobby? I would argue that the title alone points more to bettering the 3D hobby, but when you consider the overall context of where the thread exist then maybe it could mean the pinball hobby. However, this cannot be assumed given the vast multitude of threads on this forum that are not pinball related other than people who own pinball machines like discussing them.

This is my understanding as well, though I guess it should technically be in the OT category not “all pinball”

#3952 1 year ago

"Hobby" as referenced in the OP refers to pinball, although the latest trend of more 3D printer related talk that isn't related to pinball doesn't bother me. That is all.

#3953 1 year ago
Quoted from Anony:

It's definitely a hobby for some of us lol. I've printed more novelty penises than I'd care to admit. From little penises that stick on light switches to a giant penis with a slinky body. It's a great hobby if you like plastic penises.

#3954 1 year ago
Quoted from mostater:

I vote row. Nice job BTW

Thanks for the input.

I can't decided. Guess I will just have to make a last minute gut decision when ordering the acrylic sheet.

#3955 1 year ago
Quoted from Mr_Tantrum:

My top surfaces have been perfect, and I would say equal to what my Prusa produces (FYI, I typically don't iron large surface areas, but do utilize ironing requently). What I did notice is that Bambu Studio only has 3 top surfaces by default in some of the standard print profiles, but I always change it to 5 or 6 (Prusa Slicer default). Attached is a photo of a large top surface area I printed last night that is not ironed (the artifacts you see at bottom are reflections on the camera lens and not in the print).
As far as bridging goes, things seem to be on-par with my Prusa with the models I've done so far.
[quoted image]

Yeah, like I said, my top surfaces (without ironing) don't look nearly as nice as those from my Prusa, this is what my X1C flat top surfaces look like:
IMG_1984 (resized).JPGIMG_1984 (resized).JPG

For a part like that ^ it's a bit irrelevant since it's a utility thing, but I'll give Kevin's ironing settings a try next time I print something that deserves a cleaner top surface.

We may be talking about different things with respect to bridging? Not talking about briding over infill - that's fine and I can add a layer or two on top to hide the infill "witness marks" that appear in standard settings. I'm talking about sags and poor adhesion in unsupported spans of 20mm+. I never had to run supports on any of my Prusa stuff with straight-line connected bridging, it simply printed clean. With the Bambu, I have dropping and other stuff that I need to trim away. Everything so far has been salvageable, but the Prusa simply did a better job with that stuff. As suggested earlier in the thread, I need to experiment a bit by borrowing some bridging settings from PrusaSlicer to see if I can get the same results from the Bambu.

#3956 1 year ago

That looks a lot different than what I'm getting. What if you print a solid test object? How many top layers are on that model?

For bridging I haven't had a chance (and won't for some time) to test to see if I can improve on what I'm getting (no issues thus far). Have you replicated the settings that Prusa uses including speed, etc.?

#3957 1 year ago

Hey all... I have a few Bambu X1-C printers now... If you hate the glue... get a bottle of Nano Polymer from amazon. Apply it once, let dry, about 50 prints before you will have stuff peeling off the bed (that indicates to wash and reapply).

The nano polymer doesn't leave marks like the glue sticks. I use this on all of my print plates, even high temp. Works great for all filaments so far for me, PETG, ASA, PLA, specialties like carbon fiber, etc.

Sold my other five printers now... waiting on a large format Bambu to compete with my Voron.

https://www.amazon.com/Nano-Polymer-Adhesive-Non-Toxic-Application/dp/B07M7L9ZYQ/ref=sr_1_3

#3958 1 year ago
Quoted from GeekedOnPinball:

Hey all... I have a few Bambu X1-C printers now... If you hate the glue... get a bottle of Nano Polymer from amazon. Apply it once, let dry, about 50 prints before you will have stuff peeling off the bed (that indicates to wash and reapply).
The nano polymer doesn't leave marks like the glue sticks. I use this on all of my print plates, even high temp. Works great for all filaments so far for me, PETG, ASA, PLA, specialties like carbon fiber, etc.
Sold my other five printers now... waiting on a large format Bambu to compete with my Voron.
amazon.com link »

How much are you applying per application? Would like to give this a try, but not sure I need 100ml.

#3959 1 year ago

#3960 1 year ago
Quoted from GeekedOnPinball:

amazon.com link »

It is the glue I use and it is worth every penny.

#3961 1 year ago

Price per ounce seems weird. Go with either the 50ml or 120ml but stay away from the 100ml bottle. I will say that I don't even use the cold plate anymore. The high temp plate has performed flawlessly for me with PLA & PETG with never coating it with anything. I just use high concentration IPA every few prints to wipe the plate (mainly when I see grease from my fingers in print areas).

pasted_image (resized).pngpasted_image (resized).png

Also, 2x AMS is arriving this Friday. Looking forward to setting it up. Also, I've added a few more filament types to my stash so happy to free up some storage space.

#3962 1 year ago
Quoted from Mr_Tantrum:

Price per ounce seems weird. Go with either the 50ml or 120ml but stay away from the 100ml bottle. I will say that I don't even use the cold plate anymore. The high temp plate has performed flawlessly for me with PLA & PETG with never coating it with anything. I just use high concentration IPA every few prints to wipe the plate (mainly when I see grease from my fingers in print areas).
[quoted image]
Also, 2x AMS is arriving this Friday. Looking forward to setting it up. Also, I've added a few more filament types to my stash so happy to free up some storage space.

I buy it directly from their site. It is a nice glue to have and it will save your plates.

Kudos on the 2X AMS, Not ready for that, just yet, maybe summertime.

#3963 1 year ago

TMNT proof of concept came out great. I have some color separation to fix in the model (needs more overlap).

67DCB3AB-35E2-4ED9-B609-BC8B83C32224 (resized).jpeg67DCB3AB-35E2-4ED9-B609-BC8B83C32224 (resized).jpegEF932787-87F8-443B-88AF-C36FF1F10BC1 (resized).jpegEF932787-87F8-443B-88AF-C36FF1F10BC1 (resized).jpeg
#3964 1 year ago
Quoted from Xdetroit:

TMNT proof of concept came out great. I have some color separation to fix in the model (needs more overlap).
[quoted image][quoted image]

Wow the number of great looking toppers you've made in such a short amount of time with your printer is impressive. Keep it up!

#3965 1 year ago
Quoted from Anony:

Wow the number of great looking toppers you've made in such a short amount of time with your printer is impressive. Keep it up!

Thanks bud! I appreciate the kind words.

#3966 1 year ago
Quoted from Mr_Tantrum:

Just finished designing a replacement Last Action Hero topper for a client (I'm assuming the original in good condition is impossible to find). Will be done in 3 sections with translucent blue and red for the lenses (silver for middle section). I already offer the center decal for it, so that was a gimmie. Looking forward to printing this one.

You should tweak this for a GB ecto topper. People would be lining up. Myself included.

#3967 1 year ago

My design skills are seriously lacking compared to most folks here. I did however create my own caddies for the leftover spools. The brand I’ve been using has those neat little holes in all but one spot, and this works great for bulbs and sockets.

038E117F-0EFA-45DA-A94B-C22CDF1D0446 (resized).jpeg038E117F-0EFA-45DA-A94B-C22CDF1D0446 (resized).jpeg
#3968 1 year ago
Quoted from newovad:

My design skills are seriously lacking compared to most folks here. I did however create my own caddies for the leftover spools. The brand I’ve been using has those neat little holes in all but one spot, and this works great for bulbs and sockets.
[quoted image]

This is a really neat idea. Great job on reusing instead of throwing away. Well Done!!

All my spools are currently on the recycled paper material, but your design gave me ideas for printing containers for inside my tool box.

#3969 1 year ago

Foo Fighters game looks pretty sweet. Anyone getting a pro and has the time to 3D print and paint, I re-made the alien boss. Thingverse has to wait 24 hours to verify/kick in since I just created an account. If it doesn't come up after that or you want it now, send me a PM.

Cheers \m/

https://www.thingiverse.com/thing:5886894

Foo (resized).pngFoo (resized).png

#3970 1 year ago

amazing detail! even wrinkles in the fists...wow

#3971 1 year ago
Quoted from dpadam450:

Foo Fighters game looks pretty sweet. Anyone getting a pro and has the time to 3D print and paint, I re-made the alien boss. Thingverse has to wait 24 hours to verify/kick in since I just created an account. If it doesn't come up after that or you want it now, send me a PM.
Cheers \m/
[quoted image]

i thought the pro has that toy, it just doesnt shake?

#3972 1 year ago

No the pro has a flat sticker on acrylic. Watch the trailer again. You never get the cool stuff for under 9K

#3973 1 year ago
Quoted from dpadam450:

No the pro has a flat sticker on acrylic. Watch the trailer again. You never get the cool stuff for under 9K

Same with the van on the left ramp. It is just a plastic in the pro version. This one may be a little easier to print.

2023-03-02_14-36-04 (resized).png2023-03-02_14-36-04 (resized).png
#3974 1 year ago

I saw the idea on the Bond mod thread, and thought I would give making flasher covers a try. Just need to test fit to see how they look.

PXL_20230302_191511186 (resized).jpgPXL_20230302_191511186 (resized).jpg
#3975 1 year ago
Quoted from dpadam450:

damn, u are correct. they are very tricky how they do the trailers.

#3976 1 year ago
Quoted from La4s:

I saw the idea on the Bond mod thread, and thought I would give making flasher covers a try. Just need to test fit to see how they look.[quoted image]

I'd love to put a set of those on my Ghostbusters!

#3977 1 year ago

Hadn't thought about ghostbusters. My buddy has a GB I can use to test.. I will try and put something together.

#3978 1 year ago
Quoted from La4s:

I saw the idea on the Bond mod thread, and thought I would give making flasher covers a try. Just need to test fit to see how they look.[quoted image]

I like it. How do they attach? Just slip-on?

#3979 1 year ago
Quoted from dpadam450:

Cheers \m/
[quoted image]

You should post it on Printables. Much better site run by Prusa.

#3980 1 year ago
Quoted from La4s:

Same with the van on the left ramp. It is just a plastic in the pro version. This one may be a little easier to print.[quoted image]

Xdetroit is already working on the van.

#3981 1 year ago
Quoted from La4s:

These look great. Hope they fit

#3982 1 year ago

Haven’t made much progress. I have no idea of the dimensions so I’m sure it will take a lot of rework

Quoted from Mr_Tantrum:

Xdetroit is already working on the van.

1BC4B9E9-DFE7-41CA-9387-42C21FE6C8C7 (resized).png1BC4B9E9-DFE7-41CA-9387-42C21FE6C8C7 (resized).png33E8B821-BF9D-425C-885F-67A718FDB4D1 (resized).jpeg33E8B821-BF9D-425C-885F-67A718FDB4D1 (resized).jpeg
#3983 1 year ago

Man this is funny, is this the first time people tried to replicate the toys entirely? Can someone replicate the upper playfield too

Would be a cool mod if you could do the windshield separately with some thin clear plastic, glue it to the frame and inside the vehicle put a 3D printed Dave Grohl head inside, or just do a flat acrylic of the band members in the fan taken from the promo trailer.

"You should post it on Printables."
It's a simple link to download. Don't know that it needs to be uploaded everywhere, but I claim no rights to it the design obviously. If you get/want a copy and want to spread it, by all means. I put it out there for people to have at and hope as many people get it printed as possible. I'm actually not printing it myself so hopefully I see one printed. I can make a few modifications if needed.

#3984 1 year ago
Quoted from dpadam450:

Would be a cool mod if you could do the windshield separately with some thin clear plastic, glue it to the frame and inside the vehicle put a 3D printed Dave Grohl head inside, or just do a flat acrylic of the band members in the fan taken from the promo trailer.

Lol, with your blender skills, I’m sure you could knock out that Grohl model.

#3985 1 year ago
Quoted from Desmodromic:

I like it. How do they attach? Just slip-on?

Quoted from Hershy:

These look great. Hope they fit

Friend took a pic on bond. Not the best picture. I will try and get some with better lighting. They slip on and are just snug enough that they should not spin once pressed down.

IMG_20230302_203801 (resized).jpgIMG_20230302_203801 (resized).jpgIMG_20230302_203902 (resized).jpgIMG_20230302_203902 (resized).jpg
#3986 1 year ago
Quoted from La4s:

Friend took a pic on bond. Not the best picture. I will try and get some with better lighting. They slip on and are just snug enough that they should not spin once pressed down.[quoted image][quoted image]

Looks great!

#3987 1 year ago

Yea I could do a cartoon Grohl but I don't have time to burn right now. I suppose I could charge some $ to make up for that since it's not really a copyright issue, but not worth the time. To the people that hit me up, I'll send this one out to you as well soon, but here is a simple gun from the album and the layout for printing parts to assemble.

https://www.thingiverse.com/thing:5887528

gun (resized).pnggun (resized).png
#3988 1 year ago
Quoted from dpadam450:

Yea I could do a cartoon Grohl but I don't have time to burn right now. I suppose I could charge some $ to make up for that since it's not really a copyright issue, but not worth the time. To the people that hit me up, I'll send this one out to you as well soon, but here is a simple gun from the album and the layout for printing parts to assemble.
https://www.thingiverse.com/thing:5887528[quoted image]

This looks awesome, well done! I've got a soft spot for Ray Guns, I have a few of them here at the house. Thingiverse link didn't work for me?

#3989 1 year ago
Quoted from dpadam450:

Cheers \m/
[quoted image]

Great job! Looks fantastic man. You got skills. I'll put it on my pro for sure when I get it.

#3990 1 year ago

Never had a thingverse and it waits 24 hours for account verification. Link will work in the future. I'll PM you a separate on Google drive.

#3991 1 year ago

One of my "full size" Ray Guns:

IMG_2040 (resized).JPGIMG_2040 (resized).JPG

IMG_2042 (resized).JPGIMG_2042 (resized).JPG

#3992 1 year ago
Quoted from La4s:

How much are you applying per application? Would like to give this a try, but not sure I need 100ml.

A thin coat with a disposable paint brush works great. Dries fast.

#3993 1 year ago
Quoted from Desmodromic:

One of my "full size" Ray Guns:
[quoted image]
[quoted image]

Reminds me of this.

#3994 1 year ago

Ok, quite annoying. Printables doesn't require 24 hour wait period. I have too many requests that I can't PM people anymore (15 msg daily limit). I put it in cura to slice and did a test print on the alien.

***The new file here includes making the teeth fatter since they weren't able to slice being so small. This was .4mm nozzle, .1mm layer, 50mm/s. If you go slower you should be able to get better results. Photo makes it look worse than it is and you are standing 4ft away from the guy so it should be a good free upgrade. SLA will make it perfect so maybe some guys can sell SLA duplicates of the alien since he needs the extra detail.

Put in the gun as well, included STL files.
https://www.printables.com/model/414199-foo-fighters-pinball-alien

If you print it, let me know how it comes out. Anyone that wants to invest time to sell it for others, I can't do it but if you want to go for it. Definitely want this on as many machines as possible.
alien (resized).pngalien (resized).png

#3995 1 year ago
Quoted from rapidflipper:

I'd love to put a set of those on my Ghostbusters!

I did a quick mockup and print this morning. Will have my friend test fit, and maybe add some detail to the side walls.

PXL_20230303_173134364 (resized).jpgPXL_20230303_173134364 (resized).jpgPXL_20230303_173157431 (resized).jpgPXL_20230303_173157431 (resized).jpg
#3996 1 year ago
Quoted from dpadam450:

Ok, quite annoying. Printables doesn't require 24 hour wait period. I have too many requests that I can't PM people anymore (15 msg daily limit). I put it in cura to slice and did a test print on the alien.
***The new file here includes making the teeth fatter since they weren't able to slice being so small. This was .4mm nozzle, .1mm layer, 50mm/s. If you go slower you should be able to get better results. Photo makes it look worse than it is and you are standing 4ft away from the guy so it should be a good free upgrade. SLA will make it perfect so maybe some guys can sell SLA duplicates of the alien since he needs the extra detail.
If you print it, let me know how it comes out. Anyone that wants to invest time to sell it for others, I can't do it but if you want to go for it. Definitely want this on as many machines as possible.
[quoted image]

I'm most likely happy to offer them once the games come out and everythign is verified as far as fitment goes. I have a couple of jobs in queue, but I'll take a crack and printing in full color this weekend.

#3997 1 year ago
Quoted from dpadam450:

[quoted image]

Something is a little off. I just downloaded the STL files from Printables, and it pulls into my slicer as being ultra tiny. The OBJ file fails to import with a "the file does not contain any geometry data" error.

#3998 1 year ago

Mr_Tantrum Same for me. Would also be great to have the model separated into objects for painting in the Bambu slicer but that's just a bonus. Not sure if it can be exported that way in Blender.

#3999 1 year ago

Sorry, thought most people would be using an intermediate program to modify and select how they wish to print. I think some want to print a ton of parts separate by color in which I don't have the robot arms etc boolean cut to shape around the ship to be glued later. They all are intersecting parts.

Take a look at the new files "FooParts". Gun, Alien, Ship are all 3 separate parts that you should be able to feed how you guys are loading. I ran them into Cura to make sure they would slice properly. They look fine to me and already printed the alien so I know that's a good file.
https://www.printables.com/model/414199-foo-fighters-pinball-alien/files

If an object is ever that small, usually a scaling conversion from inches to mm (25.4mm per inch), so scale by 2540%. The gun has some steep edges on the barrel + grip with those grooves so you will likely need supports or it will have to modify so its angled less, but is going to ruin the shape. Since I don't have the game, I don't know the true scale of the actual molded part, so you may all need to scale at your own judgement, but the alien scaled up how I said makes him about the width of a pinball so it looks pretty close to whats in the game(?)

Let me know if you still got issues, hopefully it gets good use. Also the gun hasn't been tested for print fitting either. I did a wider boolean cut so hopefully the grip and barrel can be fit glued right on to the base. Gun doesn't replicate any real world game part, so if scale as you will for whatever/wherever you want to print it for.

#4000 1 year ago
Quoted from dpadam450:

Sorry, thought most people would be using an intermediate program to modify and select how they wish to print. I think some want to print a ton of parts separate by color in which I don't have the robot arms etc boolean cut to shape around the ship to be glued later. They all are intersecting parts.
Take a look at the new files "FooParts". Gun, Alien, Ship are all 3 separate parts that you should be able to feed how you guys are loading. I ran them into Cura to make sure they would slice properly. They look fine to me and already printed the alien so I know that's a good file.
https://www.printables.com/model/414199-foo-fighters-pinball-alien/files
If an object is ever that small, usually a scaling conversion from inches to mm (25.4mm per inch), so scale my 2540%. The gun has some steep edges on the barrel + grip with those grooves so you will likely need supports or it will have to modify so its angled less, but is going to ruin the shape. Since I don't have the game, I don't know the true scale of the actual molded part, so you may all need to scale at your own judgement, but the alien scaled up how I said makes him about the width of a pinball so it looks pretty close to whats in the game(?)
Let me know if you still got issues, hopefully it gets good use.

Ah, inches. Kk I just multiplied by 1000 to do a test print in resin. Thought it'd be fine for now since can't test fit anyway. Will prob offer them for resin cost and print time. Looks like resin printer needed plate calibration so have to restart it in a few

Promoted items from the Pinside Marketplace
Machine - For Sale
Livermore, CA
$ 54.99
Cabinet - Shooter Rods
Lighted Pinball Mods
Shooter rods
There are 6,473 posts in this topic. You are on page 80 of 130.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/3d-printing-sharing-thread-lets-better-the-hobby/page/80?hl=sleal16 and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.