image (resized).jpg
pasted_image (resized).png
Pinside_forum_4210998_1179773 (resized).jpg
IMG_6159 (resized).jpeg
IMG_6158 (resized).jpeg

Topic index (key posts)

12 key posts have been marked in this topic, showing the first 10 items. (Show topic index)

There are 6,597 posts in this topic. You are on page 76 of 132.
#3751 1 year ago
Quoted from Desmodromic:

I had been using support settings from "bobstro" on the Prusa forum in Prusa Slicer and they were excellent. Great quality and very little effort to remove. Will have to see if I can put his support numbers into a saved setting in Bambu as well.

Please share when you do. I just printed a model that takes about 13 hours on Prusa MK3, but only 4-1/2 hours on the Bambu. On the MK3 my supports pop off easy and clean (sometimes the supports stick to the bed when I pull up the model), but I spent 10 minutes with pliers and a razor knife trying to remove and clean up the Bambu print (I was expecting it to be a lot easier with the setting changes I had made).

#3752 1 year ago
Quoted from Xdetroit:

I’ve been working on a topper for Rush. I only have one motor installed at the moment and I’m awaiting some parts for the lit letters but the spinning gears came out pretty good.

That is awesome; I have been working on my own mod for a while and have not been posting as much kudos in this thread as I should have. So many cool projects (the Godzilla pro plastics for the Mechagodzilla area is just one!).

#3753 1 year ago

Quickly running out of the PLA my X1-Carbon came with. Do y’all have favorites for filament brands? Does it even matter? Or should I just buy whatever is cheap from Amazon?

#3754 1 year ago

I’ve only been printing for about six weeks now but I’m having a blast. Posted up. I’d be glad to see it.

Quoted from BC_Gambit:

That is awesome; I have been working on my own mod for a while and have not been posting as much kudos in this thread as I should have. So many cool projects (the Godzilla pro plastics for the Mechagodzilla area is just one!).

#3755 1 year ago
Quoted from Rnlo:

Quickly running out of the PLA my X1-Carbon came with. Do y’all have favorites for filament brands? Does it even matter? Or should I just buy whatever is cheap from Amazon?

I buy from amazon when I need a specific color, or didn't keep enough stock of white/grey/black. If you want cheap good PLA+ filament, I highly recommend IIDMAX:
https://iiidmax.com

Cheaper if you order a 10pack ($12/spool), sometimes they run sales where it's only $10/spool.

IF you're ordering from amazon, brands I highly reccommend:
Polymaker, Inland, hatchbox, 3D solutech, overture (most recommended). Not oonly does overture print good, it's a very cleanly wrapped spool.

#3756 1 year ago

I’ve really been happy with IBoss filament it’s not as cheap as you are saying, but it’s been very consistent and high-quality.

Quoted from toyotaboy:

I buy from amazon when I need a specific color, or didn't keep enough stock of white/grey/black. If you want cheap good PLA+ filament, I highly recommend IIDMAX:
Cheaper if you order a 10pack ($12/spool), sometimes they run sales where it's only $10/spool.
Polymaker, Inland, hatchbox, 3D solutech, overture (most recommended). Not oonly does overture print good, it's a very cleanly wrapped spool.

#3757 1 year ago
Quoted from Mr_Tantrum:

Not sure how you are doing it or if this addresses your workflow, but here is what I do:
- Slice file in Bambu
- Top right change "Print Plate" to "Send All" then click "Send All" button to bring up dialog to transfer gcode file to SD card in printer via WiFi
- Now you can go to the printer, touch the folder icon on the screen (select SD card if not already), and you will see all of your files. Cool thing from here is that you can now designate which filament(s) to use in the AMS by clicking on screen even if the colors you sliced with are different than what you have in the AMS to print with.
As an alternate step, once you slice you can File > Export > g-code and save file locally for later reference.
BTW, I too am coming from using Prusu Slicer exclusively for the last few years (I started when it was Slic3r). After spending a week on the Bambu, I'm now extremely comfortable with it, and all of the same settings are there and more from what I can tell (some settings are in different locations).
For your bridging, try comparing the bride settings to that of Prusa and make corresponding adjustments. I've done prints with 80mm bridges and they come out equally to my Prusa quality. I also cloned the support settings I used in Prusa Slicer, and things seem to be working better on that front now.

Thanks, this is a nice bit of information. I just inserted an SD card today and was sending files .

#3758 1 year ago
Quoted from toyotaboy:

Extreme pla and nano diamond is intriguing.. fancy marketing names? Or actually stronger than +?

#3759 1 year ago
Quoted from Rnlo:

I’ve used quite a few brands but pretty much settled on Polymaker, Polyterra PLA variants. The Bambu slicer also has presets for Plyamaker but most interesting is when you look at the details for these presets and the volumetric flow rates set for PM and the BL filaments. Polymaker is set @ 22 and BL filament 21 where as “generic” PLA is 12. This leads me to believe these are high flow filaments and have always performed spectacularly. At the end of the day most filaments are great anymore will work well so try a few and choose what you like.

#3760 1 year ago

I will also say that I began using Polymaker filament before I bought my Bambu X1. Just happened that they play well with this printer.

#3761 1 year ago

I primarily use Prusament, 3D Solutech, and recently I've bought a couple of spools of Sunlu PLA+ and been very happy with it. I've already run a ton of these filaments (well, maybe not a ton, but probably a couple of kilograms), and all have performed flawlessly.

#3762 1 year ago

For those Bambu owners who haven't noticed, the default wall generator mode in Bambu Slicer is "Classic" instead of "Arachne". I've been using Arachne ever since it came out in Prusa Slicer (their default), and in general it yields better results with details and often even reduces print times. Not sure why Bambu has chosen to not make it the default setting as of yet, but I change in on every print (still working on my own custom profiles).

pasted_image (resized).pngpasted_image (resized).png
#3763 1 year ago

One more tip on settings. I've found the prime tower to be unnecessary in my multi-color prints thus far, but default setting is enabled. I always uncheck now to save both time and filament.

#3764 1 year ago

Finished the 3 color, flush printed, Grand Lizzard topper over night. I know it may not be a big thing for you bamboo guys but using a cobra Max makes this a little more special. Plus it’s over 15 inches wide printed on a single print. It came out really great.

14FCEF7E-C43A-4DA2-AF40-A566979F5CE3 (resized).jpeg14FCEF7E-C43A-4DA2-AF40-A566979F5CE3 (resized).jpeg7097D430-1B49-4A28-97B9-3210FD45794D (resized).jpeg7097D430-1B49-4A28-97B9-3210FD45794D (resized).jpeg
#3765 1 year ago
Quoted from Xdetroit:

Finished the 3 color, flush printed, Grand Lizzard topper over night. I know it may not be a big thing for you bamboo guys but using a cobra Max makes this a little more special. Plus it’s over 15 inches wide printed on a single print. It came out really great.
[quoted image][quoted image]

Very nice. Hard to tell, but did you basically print a housing and then a top flat plate that glued into place?

Extra large print beds have always been somewhat of a desire of mine for certain projects, but I just don't have the room for one. The Bambu is a terrific printer, I still think the Prusa MK3S still has it's place, and of course there are a multitude of other printers out there that produce fantastic results. I don't think any of us new Bambu owners are being critical of others (not saying you implied such, but with all of the posts it could be perceived that way) - we're just all excited about our new toy/tool, and learning together.

#3766 1 year ago

Yeah. After making the original IM topper with my Ender 3, I knew i needed a larger printer. The 3 large parts were broken into 4 pieces each. Now each can be done in 2 pieces each so a lot less glueing. Those were 26” wide

Quoted from Mr_Tantrum:

Extra large print beds have always been somewhat of a desire of mine for certain projects, but I just don't have the room for one.

#3767 1 year ago
Quoted from Xdetroit:

Yeah. After making the original IM topper with my Ender 3, I knew i needed a larger printer. The 3 large parts were broken into 4 pieces each. Now each can be done in 2 pieces each so a lot less glueing. Those were 26” wide

With all of your illuminated topper printing, what have you found are the best print settings for the lit areas (resolution, fill type, thickness, ironing or not, etc.)?

#3768 1 year ago

BTW, if you want a vibrant solid orange, Prusament is your only options. Over time, I've probably bought seven or eight different orange PLA spools, and they all pale (literally) in comparison to the Prusament PLA orange (the PETG is even brighter). Tip: Shipping when buying filament from Prusa is the same (or nearly the same) when you purchase in bundles of two spools instead of odd numbers.

#3769 1 year ago

I’ve done it a couple of ways. One with the show side against the bed (Rush topper) and show side up (Iron Maiden). They have different looks but both have a printed like pattern but the IM is easier to pick out unlit. However. I don’t mind a look. It looks kind of like optical pillows on a car tail light. I wouldn’t use ironing either way. Those printed lines helps to smooth the light out. My lenses are printed out of standard PLA 0.6 mm thick. If you’re going to use a translucent material, you’ll have to go thicker or you won’t get enough color from the lenses.

Quoted from Mr_Tantrum:

With all of your illuminated topper printing, what have you found are the best print settings for the lit areas (resolution, fill type, thickness, ironing or not, etc.)?

#3770 1 year ago

Really appreciate the suggestions for filament from all and especially the settings tips from Mr_Tantrum thank you all so much!

#3772 1 year ago

I’m looking to get into 3D printing by the summer but until then I’m looking to recruit someone to print me 2 brackets .Just something that mounts flat to the underside wood with 2 small screws .It’s main function will be a a face that’s angled upward lighting through a clear target bank to illuminate them .I need them for a 4 and 6 inch light strips like these to mount to .I would gladly pay the fee of course Thank you for any help.

C200FFD4-C543-4B62-98A5-74EFA748B9C4 (resized).pngC200FFD4-C543-4B62-98A5-74EFA748B9C4 (resized).png
#3773 1 year ago

Could you just cut down an L bracket and drill some holes?

Quoted from Kkoss24:

I’m looking to get into 3D printing by the summer but until then I’m looking to recruit someone to print me 2 brackets .Just something that mounts flat to the underside wood with 2 small screws .It’s main function will be a a face that’s angled upward lighting through a clear target bank to illuminate them .I need them for a 4 and 6 inch light strips like these to mount to .I would gladly pay the fee of course Thank you for any help.
[quoted image]

82F8C358-8420-4DBE-9558-9CB52EC0C2AA (resized).jpeg82F8C358-8420-4DBE-9558-9CB52EC0C2AA (resized).jpeg
#3774 1 year ago
Quoted from Xdetroit:

Could you just cut down an L bracket and drill some holes?
[quoted image]

. Would have to bend it on a 45 but yeah that would work .Just looking for a clean look but maybe I’ll do that as a temp until I get one .Thanks .

#3775 1 year ago
Quoted from Kkoss24:

[quoted image]

PM me and we can discuss if you still need someone to help.

#3776 1 year ago
Quoted from Mr_Tantrum:

PM me and we can discuss if you still need someone to help.

Will do

#3777 1 year ago
Quoted from Xdetroit:

I’ve only been printing for about six weeks now but I’m having a blast. Posted up. I’d be glad to see it.

Will do; almost ready! Could be installed in the game as soon as tomorrow. But then will need to be tested...

#3778 1 year ago

So finally had my first failure on the bambu, can't get a part to stick using clear filament. Even tried increasing raft width, didn't matter. I could literally see the surface slowly lift as it printed layers. Thought maybe it was being picky because of aftermarket filament, printing IIMAX white just fine. I've printed these parts on my enders, thinking it may not like the textured surface. May have to source a smooth PEI sheet for it.

#3779 1 year ago

I have a problem getting clear to stick on my PEI. I have to use a brim, hairspray the PEI, and make my nozzle and bed about 8-10 degrees hotter to print it. This is on an Ender 3

Quoted from toyotaboy:

So finally had my first failure on the bambu, can't get a part to stick using clear filament. Even tried increasing raft width, didn't matter. I could literally see the surface slowly lift as it printed layers. Thought maybe it was being picky because of aftermarket filament, printing IIMAX white just fine. I've printed these parts on my enders, thinking it may not like the textured surface. May have to source a smooth PEI sheet for it.

#3780 1 year ago

FYI: I've printed over a dozen pieces on my Bambu in 3D Solutech Premium PLA clear on the high temp plate, and have had nothing but success. Some where small parts and others were large flat surfaces. I even printed a few pieces on the cool plate before I switch over to the high temp plate and didn't have any issues.

I have not tried the textured plate yet (I do have one).

#3781 1 year ago
Quoted from Mr_Tantrum:

FYI: I've printed over a dozen pieces on my Bambu in 3D Solutech Premium PLA clear on the high temp plate, and have had nothing but success. Some where small parts and others were large flat surfaces. I even printed a few pieces on the cool plate before I switch over to the high temp plate and didn't have any issues.
I have not tried the textured plate yet (I do have one).

Does the printer give you an error about having the incorrect sheet installed for PLA when printing on the high temp plate?

#3782 1 year ago

No, I just set high temp plate in Bambu slicer, slice, and then send to printer. BTW, the high temp plate has this stamped on it | PLA/PETG/ABS/TPU/PC. However, as I noted in a previous post, I also set the case fan speed to about 50% and save as a new PLA profile. Otherwise, it sounds like a jet is taking off in the room.

#3783 1 year ago

Thanks. When I set mine to engineering plate with PLA material it does not allow me to slice the model but if I choose high temp it does. I believe though they are one and the same. I am an early backer and they have changed the plates and profiles a bit sine I got mine so its labeled differently.

#3784 1 year ago

No, the high temp and engineering plates are two different surfaces. The high temp plate (like the cold) is an adhesive applied sheet on top of the engineering plate. Ignore what it says, you do not use a glue stick on it.

#3785 1 year ago
Quoted from Kkoss24:

[quoted image]

Would something like this work for now? https://www.homedepot.com/p/TRIMACO-5-8-in-x-5-8-in-x-8-ft-Self-Stick-Plastic-Corner-Guard-Residential-11834A/202061361

#3786 1 year ago
Quoted from Mr_Tantrum:

A few things I've learned regarding Bambu:
- Got tired of glue residue on models from cool plate since many of my models' top surface is the first layer, so I switched to High Temp plate. BTW, I was not putting glue on every time, but probably around every 10 prints or so as parts became harder to release from plate. Regardless, residue still remained which made the surface finish inconsistent and introduced some ghosting from previously printed models.

Had you tried any of that visionminer nano polymer adhesive before?

#3787 1 year ago
Quoted from Mr_Tantrum:

No, the high temp and engineering plates are two different surfaces. The high temp plate (like the cold) is an adhesive applied sheet on top of the engineering plate. Ignore what it says, you do not use a glue stick on it.
[quoted image]
[quoted image]

Right. They used to be the same but Bambu made some big changes since the initial launch and added the high temp plate sticker option. The engineering plate used to be for high temp as well. I can take a pic of the plate that came with mine last July and you’ll see the differences.

I just hit 400 hours on my X1

#3788 1 year ago
Quoted from koops:

Had you tried any of that visionminer nano polymer adhesive before?

No, I have not.

#3789 1 year ago
Quoted from Kevin_LHeureux:

Right. They used to be the same but Bambu made some big changes since the initial launch and added the high temp plate sticker option. The engineering plate used to be for high temp as well. I can take a pic of the plate that came with mine last July and you’ll see the differences.
I just hit 400 hours on my X1

That's 800+ hours on most 3D printers.

93 hours on mine and it's just over a week old.

#3790 1 year ago

Too late, I already designed something for him.

The models (2 widths to accommodate various target banks) have a gap at the bottom to allow for clearance over other hardware, I added side panels to help with light bleed, and holes on either side for running wiring in either direction. Printing the prototype right now.

#3791 1 year ago

Just ordered a bambu p1p. Hope it's as good as I read online
Will certainly be an huge upgrade to my 7 year old printer that I broke
Didn't use that a lot, only recently started again modeling some pinball mods.

#3792 1 year ago
Quoted from Mr_Tantrum:

Too late, I already designed something for him.
The models (2 widths to accommodate various target banks) have a gap at the bottom to allow for clearance over other hardware, I added side panels to help with light bleed, and holes on either side for running wiring in either direction. Printing the prototype right now.
[quoted image]

Kudos Mr_Tantrum for helping Kkloss out.

#3793 1 year ago
Quoted from mbwalker:

Kudos Mr_Tantrum for helping Kkloss out.

Very happy with what Mr Tantrum has come up with .I will post pictures here when complete ,both top and bottom sides .

102A2000-EF7E-4135-8FD4-E5F1E1C26956 (resized).png102A2000-EF7E-4135-8FD4-E5F1E1C26956 (resized).png43613C6E-3F45-4A51-8695-DCFF21E321BC (resized).jpeg43613C6E-3F45-4A51-8695-DCFF21E321BC (resized).jpeg48D11D68-E4D5-466E-A852-04B58BE83301 (resized).png48D11D68-E4D5-466E-A852-04B58BE83301 (resized).pngE7C4C754-3CCA-4E0C-B275-FFE8392E2770 (resized).pngE7C4C754-3CCA-4E0C-B275-FFE8392E2770 (resized).png
#3794 1 year ago
Quoted from Kkoss24:

Very happy with what Mr Tantrum has come up with .I will post pictures here when complete ,both top and bottom sides .
[quoted image][quoted image][quoted image][quoted image]

Nice, someone did that for Ghostbusters Scoleri clear targets but never incorporated a shield on the bottom.

#3795 1 year ago

I've been humming along just fine for years with a modded Maker Select Plus, but ya'll have really sold me on a Bambu. Now to decide on which version to order...

#3796 1 year ago

Printing my first model ever with tree supports. Curious how it will turn out.

#3797 1 year ago
Quoted from Mr_Tantrum:

Printing my first model ever with tree supports. Curious how it will turn out.

Not a fan of them, but some 3D makers swear by them. They are application dependent IMO, but I have yet to find a need for them. Hope they work for you, take some pics and post here.

#3798 1 year ago

Tree supports are looking good 75% into the print. This is a 7.5" Titansaurus for a customer. I printed it in pieces as recommended but I hated the gaps in the model when assembled. As long as they breakaway without damaging the small details of the model, I'll be very happy.
6837873C-92FE-466D-96CC-54C1DF14C1FF (resized).jpeg6837873C-92FE-466D-96CC-54C1DF14C1FF (resized).jpegA96951B9-50CB-48B8-A854-1B04602C09AB (resized).jpegA96951B9-50CB-48B8-A854-1B04602C09AB (resized).jpeg

395C5B63-223E-460E-8581-D2D371355527 (resized).jpeg395C5B63-223E-460E-8581-D2D371355527 (resized).jpeg

#3799 1 year ago

Mr_Tantrum Can you share the file for this bracket? I'm about to do the exact same mod, and just picked up my first printer as well, a Ender 3 S1.

Quoted from Kkoss24:

[quoted image][quoted image][quoted image][quoted image]

#3800 1 year ago
Quoted from rapidflipper:

Mr_Tantrum Can you share the file for this bracket? I'm about to do the exact same mod, and just picked up my first printer as well, a Ender 3 S1.

This will be a part that I market, so I’m not going to share source/print files. However, you can see how I designed it, so shouldn’t be too difficult to copy.

Promoted items from Pinside Marketplace and Pinside Shops!
$ 27.95
Eproms
Pinballrom

$ 12.50
Lighting - Led
RoyGBev Pinball

$ 54.99
Cabinet - Shooter Rods
Lighted Pinball Mods

$ 10.00
Playfield - Protection
UpKick Pinball

$ 35.99
Eproms
Matt's Basement Arcade

$ 15.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
RobTune

Machine - For Sale
Orange, CA
Playfield - Other
Rocket City Pinball

Wanted
Machine - Wanted
Fort Lauderdale, FL
$ 53.99
Eproms
Matt's Basement Arcade

$ 35.00
Cabinet - Other
Rocket City Pinball

Machine - For Sale
Livermore, CA
$ 15.00
Playfield - Other
RobTune

$ 69.00
Gameroom - Decorations
Pinball Pimp

4,995 (OBO)
Machine - For Sale
Dunakeszi
$ 20.00
Cabinet - Decals
Pinball Haus

$ 12.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
UpKick Pinball

$ 18.00
Electronics
Yorktown Arcade Supply

$ 10.00
Playfield - Protection
UpKick Pinball

$ 15.00
Playfield - Decals
Metal-Mods

Hey modders!
Your shop name here
There are 6,597 posts in this topic. You are on page 76 of 132.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/3d-printing-sharing-thread-lets-better-the-hobby/page/76?hl=xdetroit and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.