IMG_6159 (resized).jpeg
IMG_6158 (resized).jpeg
pasted_image (resized).png
pasted_image (resized).png
20240407_100723 (resized).jpg
20240407_100751 (resized).jpg
20240407_100811 (resized).jpg

Topic index (key posts)

12 key posts have been marked in this topic, showing the first 10 items. (Show topic index)

There are 6,592 posts in this topic. You are on page 74 of 132.
#3651 1 year ago
Quoted from zombywoof:

I see the Bambu comes with a glue stick. Do you have to resort to such trickery to get bed adhesion? All I have had to do with my Prusa is keep the bed clean.

I've read that the glue stick is actually to help release the print from the bed, not for adhesion.

So you can definitely print without it but you might be damaged something trying to scrap the print off the bed if it sticks too well.

#3652 1 year ago
Quoted from Anony:

I've read that the glue stick is actually to help release the print from the bed, not for adhesion.
So you can definitely print without it but you might be damaged something trying to scrap the print off the bed if it sticks too well.

It’s kinda for both, because it does help for adhesion, and you can always reheat the bed and since the glue has a lower melting point than the PLA, it works.

That said, it is FAR less messy to use one of the flexible magnetic beds, where you just remove the print and the plate, flex the plate and the print just pops off. Nothing beats it IMO.

#3653 1 year ago
Quoted from marioparty34:

How long did it use to take you? I haven't printed one in a long time and forgot the time scale.

When I slice the same file for my Prusa at 20% infill time is 1h31m (using the default Prusa .20mm SPEED settings)

#3654 1 year ago

First print started on the X1C at .08 height. Going a little hardcore on the first trial b/c i'm...well, impatient. Shame my work has the network super locked down so I cant remote into it. We have an IoT network but even that I cant join unless I reserve the spot with the mac address of the wifi which is not readily viewable on the menu. I'd need to create a hotspot or similar, join it, and view the connected device list. Bleh a problem for another day. I'll find out tomorrow morning the result of that piece.

#3655 1 year ago
Quoted from Sleal16:

First print started on the X1C at .08 height. Going a little hardcore on the first trial b/c i'm...well, impatient. Shame my work has the network super locked down so I cant remote into it. We have an IoT network but even that I cant join unless I reserve the spot with the mac address of the wifi which is not readily viewable on the menu. I'd need to create a hotspot or similar, join it, and view the connected device list. Bleh a problem for another day. I'll find out tomorrow morning the result of that piece.

Really interested to hear how that goes. I have an X1C with AMS on order as well, looking forward to seeing how it runs compared to my Prusa.

#3656 1 year ago
Quoted from Desmodromic:

Really interested to hear how that goes. I have an X1C with AMS on order as well, looking forward to seeing how it runs compared to my Prusa.

Need to do fine tweaking for that fine layer height it seems. Just snuck out from home to visit work and it had shifted drastically. From the looks of it, the nozzle might have hit a bad bump in the first layer or two. A tomorrow task

#3657 1 year ago

Oh but from the couple of hours it printed "correctly", it looks awesome. No visible layer lines on the x-axis. Just when I caught it, it seemed like it was going to continue shifting repeatedly

#3658 1 year ago

Let me know what you’re looking for and I can make you some vectors If you’d like

Quoted from mjthompson:

Sorry for interrupting the Bambu gushing! ... I'm jealous BTW.
I'm was messing around with color changes using PrusaSlicer/Ender3 and decided to make some signs for our game room. I want to do logos from the companies that made machines we've had and stuff like pinside, Pinball Pete's, etc. I haven't been able to find much for high res images using google. Does anybody have any ideas of a source I might be able to use?
These were made using low res images with a lot of prep and the turned out "soft", especially Bally...
[quoted image][quoted image]

#3659 1 year ago
Quoted from Xdetroit:

Let me know what you’re looking for and I can make you some vectors If you’d like

Thanks for the offer but I think I found a process that works on low res images. If I mess around with the inkscape settings to build a path from an image I'm getting reasonable vectors. What process do you use to do this type of work?

I was just looking for better images to start the process with.... Stern, CGC, Bally, Williams, etc.

#3660 1 year ago

I just use the pen tool and redraw them in Inkscape. I use to use the method you’re using now but the lines had too many nodes and the shapes weren’t clean when trying to create offsets. I’m glad you found a method that works for you. If you run into something that’s not working for ya, just let me know.

Quoted from mjthompson:

Thanks for the offer but I think I found a process that works on low res images. If I mess around with the inkscape settings to build a path from an image I'm getting reasonable vectors. What process do you use to do this type of work?
I was just looking for better images to start the process with.... Stern, CGC, Bally, Williams, etc.

#3661 1 year ago

I’ve been working on a topper for Rush. I only have one motor installed at the moment and I’m awaiting some parts for the lit letters but the spinning gears came out pretty good.

#3662 1 year ago

Dammit! Created a dupe post while trying to edit a typo

#3663 1 year ago

Ok, jumped on a bambu p1p... Between pinside and facebook groups, EVERYONE is jumping on this printer.

#3664 1 year ago
Quoted from Xdetroit:

but the spinning gears came out pretty good.

Wow

#3665 1 year ago
Quoted from toyotaboy:

Ok, jumped on a bambu p1p... Between pinside and facebook groups, EVERYONE is jumping on this printer.

I’ve printed several models over the last few days including some of my more challenging, and the Bambu has delivered to the point that I put my Prusa up for sale last night. I find myself taken back to when I was first introduced to 3D printing in that I am so mesmerized by the Bambu that I will just stare at it for minuted on end during printing. It is truly an amazing leap forward in FDM technology.

#3666 1 year ago
Quoted from Xdetroit:

I’ve been working on a topper for Rush. I only have one motor installed at the moment and I’m awaiting some parts for the lit letters but the spinning gears came out pretty good.

Very nice work!

#3667 1 year ago
Quoted from Soulrider911:

TOTAN, base is all 3D printed, sword from amazon, jewels from amazon, and they are interactive with the modes.
[quoted image]

Wicked job in this. Looks amazing

#3668 1 year ago
Quoted from Xdetroit:

Great job on this. Looks fantastic

#3669 1 year ago
Quoted from toyotaboy:

Wow you're not lying, delivery estimate is pushed back to april for the x1 carbon now.

#3670 1 year ago
Quoted from Anony:

Wow you're not lying, delivery estimate is pushed back to april for the x1 carbon now.

I just made it, mine arrives Tuesday.

#3671 1 year ago
Quoted from eyeamred2u:

I just made it, mine arrives Tuesday.

Woo!

I think some of the stuff I've trying to print might not have been geared for FDM. even slicing takes 20+ minutes on my mac (a little faster on my windows box). But still trying to print large complex files at .08, so I'll try a few more adjustments to see where I'm hitting the wall.

#3672 1 year ago
Quoted from Anony:

Yea, that's one nice thing about the P1P, it's in stock in USA warehouse. I may see it by the end of next week. If I really fall in love, I may go up a tier or two when I start replacing my ender 5's.

#3673 1 year ago
Quoted from Sleal16:

Woo!
I think some of the stuff I've trying to print might not have been geared for FDM. even slicing takes 20+ minutes on my mac (a little faster on my windows box). But still trying to print large complex files at .08, so I'll try a few more adjustments to see where I'm hitting the wall.

I am hoping the Bambu solves some of the issues you describe with their hotends and software/gcode.

#3674 1 year ago

Remixed a small Iron Maiden sign available in the creative commons by increasing 400% and splitting into 3 pieces to fit on my Ender 3 (only two 3D print files so can be made in 1 day). Added a $15 LED strip in front and back. Files available free here if interested!

https://www.thingiverse.com/thing:5848953

IMDN topper 2 (resized).jpgIMDN topper 2 (resized).jpgIMDN topper1 (resized).jpgIMDN topper1 (resized).jpg
#3675 1 year ago

Do you guys have a good sense of how easy it will be to do maintenance on the bambu printers yet? Do they use a lot of proprietary parts or are there off the shelf parts too?

#3676 1 year ago

Sweet! How did you decide to mount it?

Quoted from DaddyManD:

Remixed a small Iron Maiden sign available in the creative commons by increasing 400% and splitting into 3 pieces to fit on my Ender 3 (only two 3D print files so can be made in 1 day). Added a $15 LED strip in front and back. Files available free here if interested!
https://www.thingiverse.com/thing:5848953
[quoted image][quoted image]

#3677 1 year ago
Quoted from Anony:

Do you guys have a good sense of how easy it will be to do maintenance on the bambu printers yet? Do they use a lot of proprietary parts or are there off the shelf parts too?

That’s what I’m wondering ….. the candle that burns twice as bright lasts half as long.

I’m waiting to see how serviceable and how long term reliability is

Their software is proprietary so if the company folds so does support.

Wanna pull the trigger but I think I’ll wait a year or two to see how things unfold

#3678 1 year ago
Quoted from hoby1:

That’s what I’m wondering ….. the candle that burns twice as bright lasts half as long.
Wanna pull the trigger but I think I’ll wait a year or two to see how things unfold

I follow a few Print Farm people and so far it seems very good for service from Bambu and from a DYI. The Bambu community seems, especially on TikTok is always sharing tips.

#3679 1 year ago
Quoted from Xdetroit:

Sweet! How did you decide to mount it?

used velcro tape. It looks good in gold PLA….BUT huge disclaimer that this is very basic compared to yours! Just an option for folks who want to print something simple DIY. Yours is a masterpiece.

#3680 1 year ago
Quoted from eyeamred2u:

I follow a few Print Farm people and so far it seems very good for service from Bambu and from a DYI. The Bambu community seems, especially on TikTok is always sharing tips.

If they fold, at least you can still use SD cards to load jobs (remote will probably still work too, just won't get updates). I'm guessing if somehow they did fold (not sure why, they spent so much time developing and it's a super popular printer that is getting a lot of people who were on the fence printing), that 3rd party suppliers would start making replacement parts the same way that you can buy nozzles for nearly any printer from a gazillion suppliers.

#3681 1 year ago
Quoted from Anony:

I have had my X1C for about 3 months and have had zero maintenance. Literally zero.
One time, the filament broke off in the tubing near the extruder, and it took me a total of 3 minutes to clear it out. Loosen a few screws, manually push a piece of filament in behind the broken piece and run the extruder until it flushed. Then reassemble.
I have been printing almost nonstop since I got it. It prints PLA, PETG and ASA perfectly.
My only complaint is that I wish they would supply a non-stick smooth bedplate. Most of my prints are using the textured PEI plate, but if I want smooth I have to use glue stick on the coldplate or hotplate. I have seen a few 3rd party smooth non-stick plates online but all seem to be out of stock.
Cheers!

#3682 1 year ago
Quoted from rhampo:

I have had my X1C for about 3 months and have had zero maintenance. Literally zero.
One time, the filament broke off in the tubing near the extruder, and it took me a total of 3 minutes to clear it out. Loosen a few screws, manually push a piece of filament in behind the broken piece and run the extruder until it flushed. Then reassemble.
I have been printing almost nonstop since I got it. It prints PLA, PETG and ASA perfectly.
My only complaint is that I wish they would supply a non-stick smooth bedplate. Most of my prints are using the textured PEI plate, but if I want smooth I have to use glue stick on the coldplate or hotplate. I have seen a few 3rd party smooth non-stick plates online but all seem to be out of stock.
Cheers!

For me anyway, PLA on the smooth PEI sheet (Hot Plate) and TPU on the Engineering sheet require zero prep (glue or otherwise). The cold plate when I was using it was very minimal use and mostly as a release agent. I haven't tried the textured plate yet for comparison.

#3683 1 year ago

Looks like the unnecessary inventions guy has three Bambu carbons now (his makerbots are slowly going away)

#3684 1 year ago
Quoted from rhampo:

Cheers!

Buy a piece of mirrored glass for non-stick

#3685 1 year ago
Quoted from rhampo:

Cheers!

I’ve had mine since July and had minimal maintenance consisting of wiping off the carbon rods and light cleaning. I use a light spray of Aqua Net on the smooth PEI side instead of the glue stick. I also just ordered a Wham Bam plate since I really like smooth surfaces for certain parts. That said the Bambu textured plate is incredible in operation and look.

#3686 1 year ago

I made a couple of super quick prints for Rush. I hate looking at the bare bayonet sockets, or the color bands on the LED bulbs. These print quick and are just an interference fit over the bulbs.

https://www.thingiverse.com/thing:5851327

pasted_image (resized).pngpasted_image (resized).pngpasted_image (resized).pngpasted_image (resized).pngpasted_image (resized).pngpasted_image (resized).png Added 14 months ago:

I edited the thingiverse post to add a base from inspired by @Xdetroit. Looks great printed in gold silk PLA.

#3687 1 year ago
Quoted from bigguybbr:

I made a couple of super quick prints for Rush. I hate looking at the bare bayonet sockets, or the color bands on the LED bulbs. These print quick and are just an interference fit over the bulbs.
[quoted image][quoted image][quoted image]

The link on thingiverse doesn't work. Could you please re-upload.

Thanks!

#3688 1 year ago
Quoted from marioparty34:

The link on thingiverse doesn't work. Could you please re-upload.
Thanks!

Probably would have helped if I published it and didn't just save it

#3689 1 year ago
Quoted from bigguybbr:

[quoted image][quoted image][quoted image]

Those look outstanding ! Funny how the little things can add so much. Looks straight out of the Time Machine tour

#3690 1 year ago
Quoted from hoby1:

Support was my number one reason for cancelling my Kickstarter funding. They never clearly stated how was warranty applied, especially with regards to shipping cost

Here's the question I sent to their service department:

"
What is unclear is whether shipment costs are covered when buying through your own webstore, I quote your terms:

" And you may have to burden shipping costs for return, repair, or replacement of product(s) depending on Bambu Lab's aftersales policies in your local area. "

"

and their response

"... we will take it case by case "

Given the weight of the machine, this is a rather vague statement, if I have to pay 200 euros for shipping cost in case of a failure under warranty, I would be really unhappy. And their lack of response is not really encouraging

I really want to jump on the X1C, but seriously, they need to up their country coverage with regards to service (reseller, distributors, etc)

#3691 1 year ago

https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/williams-fire-club/page/19#post-7313878
Anyone know where I can find this?

Pinside_forum_7313878_1 (resized).jpgPinside_forum_7313878_1 (resized).jpgPinside_forum_7313878_2 (resized).jpgPinside_forum_7313878_2 (resized).jpg
#3692 1 year ago

That’s funny. Looks like someone just merged a cow with a cup holder - probably not hard to recreate.

Meanwhile, a few minutes later . . .

Here is my version (it was udderly simple). I inset the legs to make them more durable, and also kept the full shape of the cup/can/bottle holder for strength and personal styling preference.
pasted_image (resized).pngpasted_image (resized).pngpasted_image (resized).pngpasted_image (resized).png
pasted_image (resized).pngpasted_image (resized).pngpasted_image (resized).pngpasted_image (resized).png

Having a little more fun with it.
pasted_image (resized).pngpasted_image (resized).png

#3693 1 year ago

Did my first real multi-color print on the Bambu. This was a custom pop cap I designed for a client several months ago but couldn't print at the time. It came out great and I couldn't be happier with it.

Thought I'd also share the scrap that was generated during filament flushes. A scrap bin is definitely a must behind the printer.

IMG_8588 (resized).JPGIMG_8588 (resized).JPG
IMG_8585 (resized).JPGIMG_8585 (resized).JPG

#3694 1 year ago
Quoted from Ashram56:

Support was my number one reason for cancelling my Kickstarter funding. They never clearly stated how was warranty applied, especially with regards to shipping cost
Here's the question I sent to their service department:

I really want to jump on the X1C, but seriously, they need to up their country coverage with regards to service (reseller, distributors, etc)

Quoted from Mr_Tantrum:

Did my first real multi-color print on the Bambu. This was a custom pop cap I designed for a client several months ago but couldn't print at the time. It came out great and I couldn't be happier with it.
Thought I'd also share the scrap that was generated during filament flushes. A scrap bin is definitely a must behind the printer.
[quoted image]
[quoted image]

you can avoid a lot of the multi-color prints by separating your part into individual pieces and assemble them afterwards (this is how manufacturing works). the only way you can get multicolor in a single part is overmolding, and typically you dont get more than 2 colors (and it too is slow because you're waiting for plastic to set).

#3695 1 year ago
Quoted from toyotaboy:

you can avoid a lot of the multi-color prints by separating your part into individual pieces and assemble them afterwards (this is how manufacturing works). the only way you can get multicolor in a single part is overmolding, and typically you dont get more than 2 colors (and it too is slow because you're waiting for plastic to set).

I do assembly based prints all of the time (I even have some mods that are assemblies of multi-color prints). However, there are often challenges and extra time involved in that method when you can just print in a single run not having to worry about tolerances, gluing, etc.

#3696 1 year ago
Quoted from Mr_Tantrum:

I do assembly based prints all of the time (I even have some mods that are assemblies of multi-color prints). However, there are often challenges and extra time involved in that method when you can just print in a single run not having to worry about tolerances, gluing, etc.

Yeah.. having it all fused and printed as a one piece print is amazing. Love the different color on the lugs etc. Cool design!

#3697 1 year ago
Quoted from Mr_Tantrum:

[quoted image]
[quoted image]

Bambu's default purge values seem to be very conservative. Dialing these in will save a decent amount of waste. I haven't gone through this, but it is on my todo list;
https://www.printables.com/model/390414

There is a purge into infill but I am not sure if there is a purge into a waste object as well. PrusaSlicer has this for the MMU2. Both of these also cut down the waste.

#3698 1 year ago
Quoted from hoby1:

You can use Simplify3D software as a slicer program for Bambu. It costs but its good software.
Mike

#3699 1 year ago

Bambu impressions so far:

I was having issues starting at the .08mm layer height with the .4 nozzle printing models that were intended for resin machines. I thought I could move some bases of the workload from my Saturns over to the X1c, but got several failures. Later I inspected the base I was trying to print and the bottom only touches in like 5% of the plate, and the rest is slightly raised. This was creating crazy supports that on my preview screen thought it was part of the normal print. Well....I'll find something else later more complicated to try out.

Now to my first official test. For one of my projects, I needed something I can articulate to get a pose/angle/etc and found this model that pretty much meets my needs perfectly. 60 pieces so far for the top half of the body. Print time and assembly with my Ender 3 would have been a pain in the ass. Elephant feet was always something that messed up fittings even with extensive calibration to that first layer or two. With Bambu, all the pieces were coming out extremely fast and accurate. Two interface layers for the support filament has worked out fantastic as well. Still havent tested to see if the sample Support W is easily water soluble, but with those 2 small contact points in that filament all the supports have been snapping off super easy.

As part of a second test, printing a keyboard case for my MISTer FPGA. One of the walls is a little thin and has broken off from the body at the point where theres an opening. Also when the pattern changes in a layer (like adding more surface or new windows), it does feel like theres a small layer shift in each of those transitions. I'll take photos of that later to see what can be done with it. Its the pieces in the back of the photo. Might be the filament itself, not sure. I'll make the same part in another roll tomorrow.

2023-02-15 16.27.28 (resized).jpg2023-02-15 16.27.28 (resized).jpg
#3700 1 year ago
Quoted from Sleal16:

Bambu impressions so far:
Now to my first official test. For one of my projects, I needed something I can articulate to get a pose/angle/etc and found this model that pretty much meets my needs perfectly. 60 pieces so far for the top half of the body.
[quoted image]

Where did you find this model? I’d love to give it a shot, it’s amazing looking.

Just got a X1-Carbon with AMS myself (led to it by the posts here, thank you all). It’s my first 3D printer so I have no idea what I’m doing but it’s pretty amazing. I made some small items and they’ve all come out great with very little effort.

Promoted items from Pinside Marketplace and Pinside Shops!
$ 69.00
Gameroom - Decorations
Pinball Pimp

Wanted
Machine - Wanted
Red Oak, TX
4,995 (OBO)
Machine - For Sale
Dunakeszi
$ 27.95
Eproms
Pinballrom

$ 10.00
Playfield - Protection
UpKick Pinball

$ 15.00
Playfield - Other
RobTune

$ 35.99
Eproms
Matt's Basement Arcade

$ 35.00
Cabinet - Other
Rocket City Pinball

$ 15.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
RobTune

$ 12.50
Lighting - Led
RoyGBev Pinball

$ 12.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
UpKick Pinball

$ 15.00
Playfield - Decals
Metal-Mods

$ 20.00
Cabinet - Decals
Pinball Haus

Wanted
Machine - Wanted
Fort Lauderdale, FL
$ 54.99
Cabinet - Shooter Rods
Lighted Pinball Mods

Machine - For Sale
Orange, CA
$ 10.00
Playfield - Protection
UpKick Pinball

$ 53.99
Eproms
Matt's Basement Arcade

Playfield - Other
Rocket City Pinball

$ 18.00
Electronics
Yorktown Arcade Supply

Hey modders!
Your shop name here
There are 6,592 posts in this topic. You are on page 74 of 132.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/3d-printing-sharing-thread-lets-better-the-hobby/page/74 and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.