image (resized).jpg
pasted_image (resized).png
Pinside_forum_4210998_1179773 (resized).jpg
IMG_6159 (resized).jpeg
IMG_6158 (resized).jpeg

Topic index (key posts)

12 key posts have been marked in this topic, showing the first 10 items. (Show topic index)

There are 6,599 posts in this topic. You are on page 73 of 132.
#3601 1 year ago

I am still debating selling the p1p and get the xc1 carbon, and the only thing stopping me is my knowledge or lack thereof about 3d printing in general. Really enjoying the p1p but I almost feel it is ok for now and I just should stick with it until I need more.
I am still printing with it, PETG, with the printer inside my office. Bought a PVOC meter to have a sense of what the air is like and it is actually not too bad when it is printing and PETG barely smells (I have to say PLA really bothers me)...

Anyway, not a rant, just sharing a thought. Thinking of getting the ARC for the P1P, and then print and make the BENTO box to filter the air inside the enclosure.

#3602 1 year ago

X1C coming in Saturday. Exciting. Was on the fence between the speed of this one vs a larger build volume like the Kobra Max. But think I need speed first for a while for prototyping stuff. Have a of couple of things at 11inches in length that I'd rather not split, but if I have to I have to. Either way is an upgrade to the Ender 3 V2.

#3603 1 year ago
Quoted from Pin_Fandango:

I am still debating selling the p1p and get the xc1 carbon, and the only thing stopping me is my knowledge or lack thereof about 3d printing in general. Really enjoying the p1p but I almost feel it is ok for now and I just should stick with it until I need more.
I am still printing with it, PETG, with the printer inside my office. Bought a PVOC meter to have a sense of what the air is like and it is actually not too bad when it is printing and PETG barely smells (I have to say PLA really bothers me)...
Anyway, not a rant, just sharing a thought. Thinking of getting the ARC for the P1P, and then print and make the BENTO box to filter the air inside the enclosure.

Strange to hear that PLA bothers you. Most people enjoy the sweet smell that it gives off.

#3604 1 year ago
Quoted from Sleal16:

X1C coming in Saturday. Exciting. Was on the fence between the speed of this one vs a larger build volume like the Kobra Max. But think I need speed first for a while for prototyping stuff. Have a of couple of things at 11inches in length that I'd rather not split, but if I have to I have to. Either way is an upgrade to the Ender 3 V2.

I do a lot of prototyping and the speed which I can get through iterations on my x1c is incredible. I used to have to wait for my old printer and the wait time could be torturous. Great decision.

#3605 1 year ago

I just received my Kobra max today so I can start printing some larger prints. I’m thinking that the Carbon will replace my Ender3. Excuse the mess but the Ender looks so tiny next to the Kobra

63843A53-5545-4698-A11A-9656D849BD72 (resized).jpeg63843A53-5545-4698-A11A-9656D849BD72 (resized).jpeg
#3606 1 year ago
Quoted from Kevin_LHeureux:

I do a lot of prototyping and the speed which I can get through iterations on my x1c is incredible. I used to have to wait for my old printer and the wait time could be torturous. Great decision.

For sure. Especially when the ender fails after a few hours having to adjust and redo again...bleh. what I'm also looking forward to with the X1C is making the bases for the resin statue prints. They've always been the most tedious to build the supports for and the amount of material it takes.

#3607 1 year ago

Had my eye out for a cheap FB marketplace Genmitsu 3018 and finally found it! Came with a spare Z axis, upgraded motor and laser module! Got my settings dialed in and am cutting out plastics easily on it. Just making a mess of my workshop! Fits perfectly with my printer in this little window ledge in my basement workshop.

pasted_image (resized).pngpasted_image (resized).png
#3608 1 year ago
Quoted from dudah:

Had my eye out for a cheap FB marketplace Genmitsu 3018 and finally found it! Came with a spare Z axis, upgraded motor and laser module! Got my settings dialed in and am cutting out plastics easily on it. Just making a mess of my workshop! Fits perfectly with my printer in this little window ledge in my basement workshop.
[quoted image]

I've pretty much relegated my 3018 CNC to the junk pile. I used to cut plastics with it, but such a pain and a mess if you do any quantities. I would also get fairly regular errors just because of how you mount pieces being cut. Also, the cuts are rough and require flame polishing which adds a step. In the end, not bad for a piece now and again, but when the need came along for me to do larger pieces and full sets I found a good/affordable laser cutter I'm able to outsource to (until I buy own CO2 laser, anyway).

#3609 1 year ago

Well shucks. I was expecting my Bambu to day, but instead all I received were the extra build plates I ordered. Should have looked closer as they came by FedEx but a second shipment (the printer) is coming via UPS and currently no ETA on it.

#3610 1 year ago

Needed a sign to hang over my workbench. Making this all fit togeather took a bit of enginnering in Fusion. Going to use a ESP32 with WLED so I have tons o' color options

IMG_8837-2 (resized).jpgIMG_8837-2 (resized).jpgIMG_8839-2 (resized).jpgIMG_8839-2 (resized).jpgScreenshot 2023-02-05 at 10.22.55 AM (resized).pngScreenshot 2023-02-05 at 10.22.55 AM (resized).png
#3612 1 year ago

looking for a stl for a data east launch ball housing if anyone has one

https://www.marcospecialties.com/pinball-parts/545-5285-03

#3613 1 year ago

Just finished a Toy Story topper for a customer.

Toy Story.gifToy Story.gif
#3614 1 year ago

really nice!

#3615 1 year ago

Is the Toy Story Topper all transparent PLA? Looks good.

#3616 1 year ago
Quoted from Mr_Tantrum:

Just finished a Toy Story topper for a customer.[quoted image]

Nice! Was about to print this file once the x1c arrived (seems to have just disappeared in UPS limbo it seems). Did you go full hollow or partial?

#3617 1 year ago
Quoted from Sleal16:

Nice! Was about to print this file once the x1c arrived (seems to have just disappeared in UPS limbo it seems). Did you go full hollow or partial?

I feel your pain, my X1C is MIA since being fulfilled.

#3618 1 year ago

The model the customer wanted originally came in two solid filled STL files (upper Toy area and lower Story area). I ended up pulling into CAD to slice it up some (each color base, each color lid, the white letters, and the yellow letters). I then did some slicer magic and printed everything at 0% infill (letters with 2 perimeters and bases with 4 perimeters and no top layers) in PLA (some Prusament and some 3D Solutech). The lighting is a 12V string of non-weather resistant LEDs around the entire interior top & bottom section perimeters (the dark line you see from the side of the model) which I had to not only stick but also glue in place to prevent the string from detaching.

With just 4 perimeters (1.6mm) on the bases and with the covers/tops being 2mm along with hollow lettering, the extremely bright 12V LED string makes the entire model glow with what is typically very non-translucent filament.

Just shipped it today, so really looking forward to seeing photos from the customer once it is installed as it may be a mod I make available to other Toy Story owners but if so, I might end up redesigning myself to address some of the issues I had with the model.

#3619 1 year ago
Quoted from DannyDodge:

looking for a stl for a data east launch ball housing if anyone has one
https://www.marcospecialties.com/pinball-parts/545-5285-03

Do you have the dimensions?

#3620 1 year ago

Looks awesome! Great work

Quoted from Mr_Tantrum:

Just finished a Toy Story topper for a customer.[quoted image]

#3621 1 year ago

is there a topper thread? I would love to see what people have created (or purchased) - 3d printing or not.

#3622 1 year ago

I did build myself an Elvira topper. Most is 3d printed. Later I added lights in the eyes,the skeleton with moving eyes and some lightning effects with arduino. Also been busy with a Ghostbusters topper. Still need to do the electrics for that......need more time.......

20201221_185818 (resized).jpg20201221_185818 (resized).jpg20210629_234122 (resized).jpg20210629_234122 (resized).jpg20220208_215438 (resized).jpg20220208_215438 (resized).jpg
#3623 1 year ago

TOTAN, base is all 3D printed, sword from amazon, jewels from amazon, and they are interactive with the modes.

IMG_6503 (resized).jpgIMG_6503 (resized).jpg

#3624 1 year ago
Quoted from Soulrider911:

TOTAN, base is all 3D printed, sword from amazon, jewels from amazon, and they interactice with the modes.
[quoted image]

Wow this looks great! The colours really pop, whatever you did worked great.

#3625 1 year ago

Three guesses on what just arrived at my house.

IMG_8546 (resized).JPGIMG_8546 (resized).JPG
#3626 1 year ago
Quoted from Mr_Tantrum:

[quoted image]

Literally 20 minutes ago here as well. Need to wait till I take it to my office at work. Have no room for a 5th printer here without upsetting the misses

#3627 1 year ago
Quoted from Mr_Tantrum:

[quoted image]

Dog treats!

#3628 1 year ago
Quoted from PeterG:

I did build myself an Elvira topper.

TOTAN, base is all 3D printed

Those are so cool! I want to make myself a Cyclone topper. I purchased the roller-coaster model and I am thinking of doing big light-up letters like the ones you guys have been showing. It would be nice if the lights could be synced - how do you wire them? Just run wires from a relevant bulb somewhere up to the topper or reprogram somehow?

#3629 1 year ago

Okay, this thing is unreal. I'm printing my first model on the new Bambu (a Benchy) and it literally looks like my DVR when I'm fast forwarding at 4x speed. I can actually see the layers grow and the infill is so fast I can't see it happening.

Unboxing and assembly was pretty simple when following the little instruction booklet that comes with it. As far as space goes, it really isn't that much larger in area that my Prusa MK3S+ (it is taller, of course with the AMS installed on top - you can also set to the side).

As far as loudness goes, I would say that it is just slightly louder that my Prusa MK3S+ but nothing I can't handle while working in my home office (certainly wouldn't have it in a room where I was sleeping).

Front View
IMG_8557 (resized).JPGIMG_8557 (resized).JPG

Top View
IMG_8555 (resized).JPGIMG_8555 (resized).JPG

#3630 1 year ago

17 minute Benchy. I honestly wouldn't believe it if I didn't watch it happen.

IMG_8558 (resized).JPGIMG_8558 (resized).JPG
#3631 1 year ago

Congrats! It is amazing isn't it. I was backer #19 and have been loving mine since July. As you say the size isn't much different, in fact it takes up less space than my Vyper did. It does make sense that is is louder than what we are used to but its also HELLA faster so its going to be. I have mine in my office and it doesn't bother me either.

IMG_1604D (resized).JPGIMG_1604D (resized).JPG
#3632 1 year ago

Congrats! It is amazing isn't it. I was backer #19 and have been loving mine since July. As you say the size isn't much different, in fact it takes up less space than my Vyper did. It does make sense that is is louder than what we are used to but its also HELLA faster so its going to be. I have mine in my office and it doesn't bother me either.
[quoted image]

My only regret is that I didn't purchase an extra AMS up front. Thinking that will be on my list pretty soon. I don't typically do prints with more than 4 colors, but I swap colors a lot and having 8 online would be much more convenient for me (heck, I might even like to have 12 colors online).

#3633 1 year ago

BTW, the printer came with the following test spools of filament:
- PLA | Obvious what this is.
- Support W | Is this water soluble support filament?
- PAHT-CF | I have no idea what this is.

#3634 1 year ago
Quoted from Mr_Tantrum:

BTW, the printer came with the following test spools of filament:
- PLA | Obvious what this is.
- Support W | Is this water soluble support filament?
- PAHT-CF | I have no idea what this is.

support-W - filment that doesnt stick to pla. makes removal easier
cf - carbon fiber

#3635 1 year ago

Yeah, I've considered another AMS as well even though the most I ever do is 2 colors at a time and that's not often. It's great just choosing the color you want in the slicer and you're done.

The support w is water soluble though I've used it and it just pulls right off without water. My roll says PA-CF for the carbon fiber but I will say that Bambu continues to improve and make changes so perhaps the formula/composition is different now.

#3636 1 year ago
Quoted from Sleal16:

Literally 20 minutes ago here as well. Need to wait till I take it to my office at work. Have no room for a 5th printer here without upsetting the misses

Congrats to you too. You're going to love it.

#3637 1 year ago

Congrats to you too. You're going to love it.

i'll find out tomorrow! I have a statue base ready to start =)

#3638 1 year ago

Sorry for interrupting the Bambu gushing! ... I'm jealous BTW.

I'm was messing around with color changes using PrusaSlicer/Ender3 and decided to make some signs for our game room. I want to do logos from the companies that made machines we've had and stuff like pinside, Pinball Pete's, etc. I haven't been able to find much for high res images using google. Does anybody have any ideas of a source I might be able to use?

These were made using low res images with a lot of prep and the turned out "soft", especially Bally...

IMG_20230208_172909 (resized).jpgIMG_20230208_172909 (resized).jpgIMG_20230208_172919 (resized).jpgIMG_20230208_172919 (resized).jpg
#3639 1 year ago

Yeah, I've considered another AMS as well even though the most I ever do is 2 colors at a time and that's not often. It's great just choosing the color you want in the slicer and you're done.
The support w is water soluble though I've used it and it just pulls right off without water. My roll says PA-CF for the carbon fiber but I will say that Bambu continues to improve and make changes so perhaps the formula/composition is different now.

seeing the product description, the paht seems to be more mechanically inclined with lower moisture absorption in that carbon fiber.

#3640 1 year ago
Quoted from Mr_Tantrum:

[quoted image]

Holy shit!

#3641 1 year ago

Just starting my first real print of a mod I make - Barbasol can for Stern Jurassic Park. Excluding the vials, this print is typically done in 5 parts with 4 different colors. 2 of the parts have variable layer heights in them, and some parts are printed in different resolutions than others.

My typical setup is to print 4 different prints since I can print the two silver pieces together (1 object at a time). In this setup, minus the time between manually changing filament and restarting the next print, print time is 4h53m.

In Bambu slicer I was able to layout all 5 pieces in one print, print as objects with different colors for each object (2 silver pieces), and set variable layer heights on the two pieces I needed to. Not only can I start one print now and have all 5 pieces done at the same time, but the projected time is 2h22m.

Looking forward to seeing how the model comes out.

#3642 1 year ago

I do have one complaint so far regarding the Bambu - the 3' power chord it came with. Come on Bambu, 3' . . . really?!

I ended up moving my Prusa to the right and using the short Bambu chord and then used the 5' or 6' power chord (I didn't measure) the Prusa came with on the Bambu.

#3643 1 year ago
Quoted from Mr_Tantrum:

I do have one complaint so far regarding the Bambu - the 3' power chord it came with. Come on Bambu, 3' . . . really?!
I ended up moving my Prusa to the right and using the short Bambu chord and then used the 5' or 6' power chord (I didn't measure) the Prusa came with on the Bambu.

Time to go hit vid’s guide to replacing line cords.

#3644 1 year ago
Quoted from Mr_Tantrum:

Poor Prusa LOL!

Man they better come up with some SERIOUS upgrades stat. I’m going to wait to see the longevity of the Bambu but I’m 99% sold on it from this thread alone

#3645 1 year ago
Quoted from Mr_Tantrum:

[quoted image]

How long did it use to take you? I haven't printed one in a long time and forgot the time scale.

#3646 1 year ago

I see the Bambu comes with a glue stick. Do you have to resort to such trickery to get bed adhesion? All I have had to do with my Prusa is keep the bed clean.

#3647 1 year ago
Quoted from zombywoof:

I see the Bambu comes with a glue stick. Do you have to resort to such trickery to get bed adhesion? All I have had to do with my Prusa is keep the bed clean.

Like all surfaces it depends on what you use. The only thing I use anything on is the cool plate and I spray a light coat of Aqua Net. No glue stick. Most of the time I use the textured PEI and engineering plate, nothing is needed.

#3648 1 year ago

Congrats on the Bambu! I have been seriously considering the P1P

#3649 1 year ago

Like all surfaces it depends on what you use. The only thing I use anything on is the cool plate and I spray a light coat of Aqua Net. No glue stick. Most of the time I use the textured PEI and engineering plate, nothing is needed.

Thanks for the reassurance on that. I don’t mix materials on my plates, and have dedicated surfaces for each type used. I follow Prusa’s guidelines for prepping for each material and have never had adhesion issues, unlike my Monoprice.

#3650 1 year ago

Congrats on the Bambu! I have been seriously considering the P1P

You won't be disappointed. I bought one when it was announced and have been printing, pretty much non stop since. I sold both my creality's and both my prusa's. I also have an AMS hooked up to the P1P. Holding out on the X1C to see if they come out with a larger build plate model.

Promoted items from Pinside Marketplace and Pinside Shops!
$ 2.50
Lighting - Led
Pinballrom

Machine - For Sale
Orange, CA
$ 18.00
Electronics
Yorktown Arcade Supply

$ 15.00
Playfield - Other
RobTune

$ 65.00
Boards
Pinball Haus

$ 54.99
Cabinet - Shooter Rods
Lighted Pinball Mods

Playfield - Other
Rocket City Pinball

Wanted
Machine - Wanted
Red Oak, TX
$ 35.00
Cabinet - Other
Rocket City Pinball

$ 20.00
Cabinet - Decals
Pinball Haus

$ 12.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
UpKick Pinball

$ 95.00
Cabinet - Sound/Speakers
Pinball Mod Co.

Wanted
Machine - Wanted
Fort Lauderdale, FL
$ 10.00
Playfield - Protection
UpKick Pinball

$ 35.99
Eproms
Matt's Basement Arcade

$ 53.99
Eproms
Matt's Basement Arcade

4,995 (OBO)
Machine - For Sale
Dunakeszi
$ 27.95
Eproms
Pinballrom

$ 10.00
Playfield - Protection
UpKick Pinball

$ 15.00
Playfield - Decals
Metal-Mods

$ 15.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
RobTune

$ 69.00
Gameroom - Decorations
Pinball Pimp

There are 6,599 posts in this topic. You are on page 73 of 132.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/3d-printing-sharing-thread-lets-better-the-hobby/page/73 and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.