Topic Heartbeat

Topic Stats

• 926 posts
  • 140 Pinsiders participating
  • Latest reply 8 hours ago by zombywoof
  • Topic is favorited by 186 Pinsiders

You

Linked Games

No games have been linked to this topic.

Topic Gallery

View topic image gallery

image (resized).jpg
    C107F236-044A-4D78-8DB8-6E00C17D8013 (resized).jpeg
    B2EC73ED-081D-4349-AA09-BA1CC045B6CA (resized).jpeg
    Screen Shot 2021-07-27 at 10.27.01 PM (resized).jpg
    E2F380C5-83C0-4E44-B4F8-C8D25A0D2103 (resized).jpeg
    BDE4FDD4-BCAB-4ABE-ABC9-499830025413 (resized).jpeg
    RM_PINGULP (resized).jpg
    20210709_153033 (resized).jpg
    featured_preview_20210704_004838 (resized).jpg
    ThingiverseModeration (resized).png
    pasted_image (resized).png
    2021-06-25 10.28.36 (resized).jpg
    IMG_2463 (resized).jpg
    IMG_2461 (resized).jpg
    20210629_130034 (resized).jpg
    IMG_20210626_105157.jpg

There are 926 posts in this topic. You are on page 19 of 19.
    #901 18 days ago

I wanted to share a shout out of Heartfelt Thanks to Mr. Tantrum for offering his help, and succeeding with flying colors, in his help with a printed project!

He made it so easy, and supplied printing of exceptional quality, bringing great Joy to me and my family!

#902 18 days ago
    Quoted from BrewNinja:

...From your pics, it looks like the prints are failing pretty early on as well, so they shouldn't be too hot yet...

I made the comment above about running some air across the driver FET's to try to keep them cool. I was thinking along the lines of perhaps a less than perfect solder connection on the FET's thermal connection, allowing the part to eventually heat up. Or maybe no thermal pad between the back of the PWB and the case (assuming they use one).

Granted, I think the driver part would outright fail - but who knows. So a simple test would be to run some air across the FET's and see what happens.

#903 16 days ago

The drivers could fail in a way they just don't provide the same hold (voltage), but again, that would be easy to test. You could tell it to pause and see if any of the axis were movable by hand (they shouldn't be), or stick on a DMM and see if its outputting the same voltage. Honestly, I think Oldfart was just venting maybe and not really in search of an answer. There are a lot of simple things to try to figure out what it is. I guess if the company is willing to send a new board, that may fix it. But I feel like its better to know exactly what is wrong instead of shotgunning something if its possible.

#904 15 days ago

Hi everyone! I'm looking to buy a resin 3d printer.. is anyone familiar with the differences between the elegoo models?

For my business I only need a small surface printing area, but since I’m in the market for a printer I’d like one that can also handle some medium size projects (like a light baffle etc.) Any advice on softwares, resins, UV lights etc greatly appreciated- thanks!

#905 11 days ago
    Quoted from alyssa:

Hi everyone! I'm looking to buy a resin 3d printer.. is anyone familiar with the differences between the elegoo models?
    For my business I only need a small surface printing area, but since I’m in the market for a printer I’d like one that can also handle some medium size projects (like a light baffle etc.) Any advice on softwares, resins, UV lights etc greatly appreciated- thanks!

These are less about specific hardware and more about covering what you need (and how to use it), but here are a couple general resin printing guides that I had saved as reference. Both are good reads:

https://drive.google.com/file/d/1oSVmJOj3e0xDMEifjiK97duhsr8f5I__/view

https://drive.google.com/drive/folders/1AR6NY7mEYC_szR-VR3gtrB5rSWMV7LRG

#906 6 days ago

hey guys,

hope you can help me...

I'm looking for a Bracket to Mounting the Pingulp (picure). I would Print it 3D but I don't have a file and I'm not good enough to design me a new one, cause I have problem with the angle.

Would be cool if we can find a design and share it with all

Thank you

RM_PINGULP (resized).jpg
    #907 6 days ago
    Quoted from MightyGrave:

hey guys,
    hope you can help me...
    I'm looking for a Bracket to Mounting the Pingulp (picure). I would Print it 3D but I don't have a file and I'm not good enough to design me a new one, cause I have problem with the angle.
    Would be cool if we can find a design and share it with all
    Thank you[quoted image]

The closest I found is a cup colder with integral bracket.

https://www.thingiverse.com/thing:2268960

#908 6 days ago

I know Popeye is hated by most here, but I like the game play. I designed and printed the lamp cover for the upper playfield. Playing around with integrating the sticker into the print. I'll have a few of these with me at Pinfest along with lamp baffles and Bally pop bumper bases.
    BDE4FDD4-BCAB-4ABE-ABC9-499830025413 (resized).jpegE2F380C5-83C0-4E44-B4F8-C8D25A0D2103 (resized).jpeg

#909 6 days ago
    Quoted from yfz450:

I know Popeye is hated by most here, but I like the game play. I designed and printed the lamp cover for the upper playfield. Playing around with integrating the sticker into the print. I'll have a few of these with me at Pinfest along with lamp baffles and Bally pop bumper bases.
    [quoted image][quoted image]

You did a great job, that looks great!

#910 5 days ago

Can someone print and sell the below piece? If not can someone provide a model I can print?

https://www.marcospecialties.com/control/keywordsearch?SEARCH_STRING=Bookcase+link+arm

#912 5 days ago
    Quoted from yfz450:

[quoted image][quoted image]

What Filement did you use?

#913 4 days ago

I commissioned a Teenage Mutant Ninja Turtles Blimp. Initially I was thinking I would make a topper with it, but ultimately, I wasn't happy with the results of printing it in pieces. My printer's volume isn't big enough and even though it's a cool model, I think it needs some paint and decals to really look good. Maybe when I have more time to work on it, I can do something with it. If you have a TMNT, check it out: https://www.thingiverse.com/thing:4918827

Screen Shot 2021-07-27 at 10.27.01 PM (resized).jpg
    #914 4 days ago
    Quoted from plasticbugs:

I commissioned a Teenage Mutant Ninja Turtles Blimp. Initially I was thinking I would make a topper with it, but ultimately, I wasn't happy with the results of printing it in pieces. My printer's volume isn't big enough and even though it's a cool model, I think it needs some paint and decals to really look good. Maybe when I have more time to work on it, I can do something with it. If you have a TMNT, check it out: https://www.thingiverse.com/thing:4918827[quoted image]

I am just on the other side of the caldacot. I have a cr10s and might be able to give it a go. FYI, check out The Flipper Room.

#915 3 days ago

Awesome, thanks. Someone was able to print and send me one.

#916 21 hours ago

Just joined the 3D printer club though our business owns a half dozen they’re always busy. My partner also does all the engineering and I just ohh and ahh so it’s good to get some real hands on time on one. Picked up the new Anycubic Vyper for $359. The build and setup was dead simple. Auto leveling bed is a huge plus and prints so far looks fantastic.

B2EC73ED-081D-4349-AA09-BA1CC045B6CA (resized).jpegC107F236-044A-4D78-8DB8-6E00C17D8013 (resized).jpeg
    #917 21 hours ago

That lookS verry nice ! Now have fun printing all the shit you don’t need but just want to print haha

#918 17 hours ago

How do I go about paying someone to 3D print Pinball parts for me? I know I can probably pay someone locally to do it who isn't into Pinball and they'd do a one off and probably never make another unless it was for me. I figure if I can pay a pinsider to do one they can save the file and print and sell more to others. Can I pay someone here to print me a part? I'm looking for a drop target for an allied leisure cocktail pin. I know there are other people looking for these and if someone would print the plastic pop bumper rings apparently people need those as well. Please message me if you offer printing services or can recommend a Pinball enthusiaist who does. I can supply a sample of the part I need.

#919 12 hours ago

Picked this up off Facebook yesterday for $60 with 4 rolls of PLA+. I think I did pretty good for my first printer. If I like it I am going to buy a good one.

image (resized).jpg
    #920 12 hours ago
    Quoted from Pinbub:

How do I go about paying someone to 3D print Pinball parts for me? I know I can probably pay someone locally to do it who isn't into Pinball and they'd do a one off and probably never make another unless it was for me. I figure if I can pay a pinsider to do one they can save the file and print and sell more to others. Can I pay someone here to print me a part? I'm looking for a drop target for an allied leisure cocktail pin. I know there are other people looking for these and if someone would print the plastic pop bumper rings apparently people need those as well. Please message me if you offer printing services or can recommend a Pinball enthusiaist who does. I can supply a sample of the part I need.

You are asking two things:

1. Someone needs to design a part as a 3D model
    2. Someone needs to print a part from a 3D model

The first question is tougher as designing ANY part is time consuming. You'll need to find someone with time on their hands, or someone with the same need for the same part. They need to create the 3D model, with exact dimensions, which takes a fair bit of time and usually requires access to the original part to get it right. Good that you have an old one to get the designer started. They essentially are copying the physical part into a 3D model with some kind of CAD 3D drawing tool. My guess is several hours to copy a simple part, or longer for one with lots of detail.

For the second question, try https://craftcloud3d.com/
    Once you have the 3D model, it's easy to print it. Today, many 3D printing shops are low cost, and from time to time have free shipping. It's basically a clearing house for 3D printing shops. I have used a few times with great results. You can choose the color, material and which location you want it printed from. (hint: consider choosing one close to you)

#921 12 hours ago
    Quoted from BowlingJim:

Picked this up off Facebook yesterday for $60 with 4 rolls of PLA+. I think I did pretty good for my first printer. If I like it I am going to buy a good one.
    [quoted image]

The rolls of material alone are worth the > $60!! You did good, even if the printer is dead!

#922 11 hours ago
    Quoted from BowlingJim:

[quoted image]

A good score! That Monoprice Select Mini goes for just under $200 on Amazon. It's a good starter printer, and there are lots of online resources from other users sharing their experiences with it. I used one for a couple of months, but outgrew it pretty quickly. It's become a standby unit for small builds since I got my Prusa.

#923 11 hours ago

The vyper is FANTASTIC.

You made an excellent choice.

Quoted from Kevin_LHeureux:

Picked up the new Anycubic Vyper for $359

#924 10 hours ago
    Quoted from Markharris2000:

The rolls of material alone are worth the > $60!! You did good, even if the printer is dead!

It seems to work great I am on my second print of the morning.

#925 9 hours ago
    Quoted from BowlingJim:

[quoted image]

Congrats on a great deal!

One thing I'd like to point out (and I'm not familiar w/the Monoprice other than when I considered it for my first printer) - see if it has thermal runaway protection. And if it does, make sure it's turned on. Maybe someone can chime in that owns one.

Thermal runaway is when the hotend thermistor fails and the printer then thinks the hotend isn't hot enough, resulting in the heater power being continuously applied. Worst case result is it could start a fire.

#926 8 hours ago
    Quoted from mbwalker:

see if it has thermal runaway protection.

Judging from the build plate, he has a v2 MP Select Mini. It may have thermal runaway protection (I think from version 40 firmware and later.)

Monoprice does not support user upgraded firmware, but you can find downloads and instructions here:
    https://mpselectmini.com/firmware/motion_controller

There are 926 posts in this topic. You are on page 19 of 19.

Hey there! Got a moment?

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run thanks to donations from our visitors? Please donate to Pinside, support the site and get anext to your username to show for it! Donate to Pinside