IMG_7133 (resized).jpeg
IMG_7134 (resized).jpeg
IMG_7137 (resized).jpeg
pasted_image (resized).png
IMG_7129 (resized).jpeg
PXL_20240222_180922418.MP (resized).jpg
IMG_1350 (resized).jpg

Topic index (key posts)

12 key posts have been marked in this topic, showing the first 10 items. (Show topic index)

There are 6,375 posts in this topic. You are on page 109 of 128.
#5401 3 months ago

I wrapped up my Prusa MK3.5 to 3.9 upgrade today. After a couple false starts with calibration failing because of belt tension I have it up and running. It feels like a brand new printer. Faster, quieter, more reliable first layer, easy nozzle changes, WiFi, up to date interface. Just about everything I need. I hear and thank you for all of your comments on Bamboo. I'll remember them when my needs change.

#5402 3 months ago
Quoted from jrcmlc:

Bambu has hardened hot ends and their gold plates on sale as well at the very bottom of the back Friday list, after all the filament. Buy 4 get 20% off and free shipping (on the plates, I didn't look at the nozzles).

No 0.4 nozzle.

#5403 3 months ago

One of our new printers arrived today. Let me know if you see an issue.

PXL_20231127_154722659 (resized).jpgPXL_20231127_154722659 (resized).jpg
#5404 3 months ago
Quoted from jrcmlc:

[quoted image]

Ooooh! A free puzzle!

Seriously, though that sucks, let us know how the support experience is

#5405 3 months ago

Generally speaking their support is miserable, but after a ton of back and forth I've been taken care of every time. I'm sure this will be fine. eventually.

Quoted from BMGfan:Ooooh! A free puzzle!
Seriously, though that sucks, let us know how the support experience is

#5406 3 months ago
Quoted from RobF:

Yep. They have (begrudgingly) improved LAN only mode for sure. An interesting footnote with my interaction with Bambu support is that they provided test FW to experiment with. It was simple to load the file on the SD card and the printer easily recognized it and updated. This means a robust offline update mechanism is already in place, but they still want to restrict it to cloud only for whatever reason.

Not hard to imagine they are uploading data from the prints (if not more from your network) and would want the majority of users to stay on Cloud

#5407 3 months ago
Quoted from jrcmlc:

[quoted image]

good luck. Their support is hit and miss.

Quoted from Rdoyle1978:

Not hard to imagine they are uploading data from the prints (if not more from your network) and would want the majority of users to stay on Cloud

I have found my P1P randomly uploading LOG files overnight a few times. I am not sure if this is when/after submitting a ticket that support would 'request' this. I do not print anything important but those of you that do, I would be concerned.

#5408 3 months ago
Quoted from jrcmlc:

[quoted image]

I'm starting to think the problem may just be you (or your delivery driver).

#5409 3 months ago

Yes I kicked that fucker before I opened it

Quoted from Mr_Tantrum:I'm starting to think the problem may just be you.

#5410 3 months ago

Current situation:

PXL_20231127_165936186~3 (resized).jpgPXL_20231127_165936186~3 (resized).jpg
#5411 3 months ago
Quoted from jrcmlc:

Yes I kicked that fucker before I opened it

The driver or the box?

#5412 3 months ago
Quoted from jrcmlc:

Current situation:
[quoted image]

LOVE the ghetto look!

#5413 3 months ago
Quoted from jrcmlc:

Current situation:
[quoted image]

nice.. now turn the camera off and play Schrödinger's Print-

#5415 3 months ago
Quoted from jrcmlc:

Current situation:
[quoted image]

Is that the one for sale?

#5416 3 months ago

No...but I'll sell you the other one with no door if you want....

Quoted from RyanStl:Is that the one for sale?

#5418 3 months ago
Quoted from jrcmlc:

No...but I'll sell you the other one with no door if you want....

Lol

#5419 3 months ago

Thanks man!

#5420 3 months ago

So far the fedex door is working adequately, that printer has run non stop since it was unboxed and all the parts vacuumed up, so far so good. Who needs that glass anyway.

#5421 3 months ago

Got my box of iiidmax PLA+ today. They use some beefy boxes on the filament itself, probably could be $9 per roll if they used the same boxes as everyone else LOL

#5422 3 months ago

2 days later Bambu asked for a picture of the broken glass, probably similar to the 5 I already sent them. Also asked for all my info, also probably similar to all the info I sent them. Going about like I figured it will, I'll get the replacement part, just have to wade through the horrible support for a while.

#5423 3 months ago
Quoted from jrcmlc:

2 days later Bambu asked for a picture of the broken glass, probably similar to the 5 I already sent them. Also asked for all my info, also probably similar to all the info I sent them. Going about like I figured it will, I'll get the replacement part, just have to wade through the horrible support for a while.

dealing with support at the moment as well, it is really bad.

#5424 3 months ago

Meanwhile the padded fedex door works like a champ

#5425 3 months ago
Quoted from jrcmlc:

For every ticket I put in now, I just add the SN and purchase info right away. I know it's coming so I just do it. It has sped things up quite a bit. What I hate and currently doing is the "hey swap the first stage feeder and send us a new video" crap. I'm about ready to cut the bottoms off all my AMS so they are easier to service.

They also used to be way faster at replying. But I bet with their sales now, a week out response still isn't that bad.

#5426 3 months ago

I always have included the serial # and all my info, original order #, everything. Also I've never had a reply under 48 hours. They have always eventually taken care of me though.

Quoted from ManbearpigOG:For every ticket I put in now, I just add the SN and purchase info right away. I know it's coming so I just do it. It has sped things up quite a bit. What I hate and currently doing is the "hey swap the first stage feeder and send us a new video" crap. I'm about ready to cut the bottoms off all my AMS so they are easier to service.
They also used to be way faster at replying. But I bet with their sales now, a week out response still isn't that bad.

#5427 3 months ago

At least you recieved your X1c. Mine had some weird shipping issue and now they're sending another unit. UPS trailer in Los Angeles was "unable to be dispatched". Your guess is as good as mine. Theft?

#5428 3 months ago

Probably. All mine are P1S units. 4 of them. Lol. I can't afford those fancy top tier units like you guys.

Quoted from DiabloRush:At least you recieved your X1c. Mine had some weird shipping issue and now they're sending another unit. UPS trailer in Los Angeles was "unable to be dispatched". Your guess is as good as mine. Theft?

#5429 3 months ago

I received my new Bambu X1 Carbon today. Initially, it started fine and printed. I did a test benchy, and was very unimpressed (pic below). This is a pretty lousy benchy by today's standards, not nearly the quality of the speed benchy I've been printing on the Prusa Mk4. Anyway, the SD card reader on the Bambu wasn't working. I tried a half-dozen different SD cards, no joy (with cards confirmed to work in every other device I own).

At the suggestion of the Bambu forum, I reseated the ribbon cable in the color display. It was very loose. Now, the printer won't boot at all. All I get is a backlight on the display on power up and that's it. I've opened a ticket with Bambu, we'll see how they handle this.

A few other comments. It's extremely noisy. Much more so than the Mk4. Print startup is ridiculously long. About 7 minutes to level the bed and calibrate. I keep getting errors that the LIDAR sensor has a dirty lens. I cleaned it according to the Bambu video, but it still gave this error. Finally, I also got an error that the Z leadscrews needed lubrication. I followed the video for this as well, and that error cleared.

Overall, quite unimpressed at this point. Not really faster than the Mk4, lower quality on the few prints I did, and of course, many parts aren't working and now the whole printer is bricked. No doubt my case is an anomoly. That said, I'll see how they handle this for me. Oh, and the printer arrived with a nice, big dent in the corner of the aluminum frame on the left corner. Amazing, actually. Do they QA these things at all?

IMG_0535 (resized).JPGIMG_0535 (resized).JPG

#5430 3 months ago

I had one of my p1s units arrive with issues, no physical damage, like yours or my most recent one with the broken door, anyway, I refused to do the 9k things they wanted me to dick around and try, told them to send me a replacement. Eventually after I disputed the charge with Amex they sent a return label and told me just to order another. That one arrived with the ams making horrible noises and one slot not working. They swapped it and let me keep all the spools and such they include.....on this most recent one I'm still waiting for my door.

To your issues, I would tell them to replace it, period. It shouldn't be loud, it shouldn't give errors, it shouldn't print like shit. If you wanted to send me something you print regularly on your prusas, privately, id be happy to run it and video part of it, send hi res pics of the results, total time etc if that would be helpful so that you know how a Bambu SHOULD work for your stuff. Good luck, keep us posted and feel free to pm me.

Quoted from DiabloRush:I received my new Bambu X1 Carbon today. Initially, it started fine and printed. I did a test benchy, and was very unimpressed (pic below). This is a pretty lousy benchy by today's standards, not nearly the quality of the speed benchy I've been printing on the Prusa Mk4. Anyway, the SD card reader on the Bambu wasn't working. I tried a half-dozen different SD cards, no joy (with cards confirmed to work in every other device I own).
At the suggestion of the Bambu forum, I reseated the ribbon cable in the color display. It was very loose. Now, the printer won't boot at all. All I get is a backlight on the display on power up and that's it. I've opened a ticket with Bambu, we'll see how they handle this.
A few other comments. It's extremely noisy. Much more so than the Mk4. Print startup is ridiculously long. About 7 minutes to level the bed and calibrate. I keep getting errors that the LIDAR sensor has a dirty lens. I cleaned it according to the Bambu video, but it still gave this error. Finally, I also got an error that the Z leadscrews needed lubrication. I followed the video for this as well, and that error cleared.
Overall, quite unimpressed at this point. Not really faster than the Mk4, lower quality on the few prints I did, and of course, many parts aren't working and now the whole printer is bricked. No doubt my case is an anomoly. That said, I'll see how they handle this for me. Oh, and the printer arrived with a nice, big dent in the corner of the aluminum frame on the left corner. Amazing, actually. Do they QA these things at all?

[quoted image]

#5431 3 months ago

My replacement door is being shipped a week and 5 messages later. Not overnight mind you, like I asked for on day one, just regular ground. Across the country.

#5432 3 months ago

Thanks for the updates. I've not given up on Bambu. All my prior printers took a bit of tuning, etc. to become part of my regular lineup.

On closure inspection, it's pretty clear the ribbon cable socket on the display panel has come loose from the board. The solution is another display panel. I'm debating about waiting for Bambu to authorize this, or just order one and ask for reimbursement (or equivalent store credit) later. I think that's the quicker path to getting back up and running.

#5433 3 months ago

I would not fuck with any of it, I would get an entire replacement, starting with that many issues is only a recipe for further crap down the line. My 2 cents.

Quoted from DiabloRush:Thanks for the updates. I've not given up on Bambu. All my prior printers took a bit of tuning, etc. to become part of my regular lineup.
On closure inspection, it's pretty clear the ribbon cable socket on the display panel has come loose from the board. The solution is another display panel. I'm debating about waiting for Bambu to authorize this, or just order one and ask for reimbursement (or equivalent store credit) later. I think that's the quicker path to getting back up and running.

#5434 3 months ago
Quoted from jrcmlc:

To your issues, I would tell them to replace it, period. It shouldn't be loud, it shouldn't give errors, it shouldn't print like shit. If you wanted to send me something you print regularly on your prusas, privately, id be happy to run it and video part of it, send hi res pics of the results, total time etc if that would be helpful so that you know how a Bambu SHOULD work for your stuff. Good luck, keep us posted and feel free to pm me.

Noisy could be subjective. From my experience it is above the noise level I get from most 3d printers in my experience. Not terrible like something is wrong.. just louder overall. This seems to be a known factor.

Annoying about the other issues for sure. Sorry to hear that.

The Benchy doesn't look terrible assuming we're on very high speed. Maybe some slight extrusion issues, most notable on the smokestack Z seam?

#5435 3 months ago

FYI for those new Bambu owners who think the fans are too noisy when printing in your environment: https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/3d-printing-sharing-thread-lets-better-the-hobby/page/75#post-7413005

Also, I always print with the glass top on and the door closed which makes printing quiter. I print 90%+ PLA and just ignore the new nagging warnings about having the door open when printing PLA - this is really not an issue whatsoever in my experience, so I have no idea why they added the message in recent firmware updates (I've posted a ticket on the issue, and they are considering adding a way to disable the message).

#5436 3 months ago

I only saw those warnings those one times, back a month or whatever ago when we spoke about it, since they have never recurred.

Quoted from Mr_Tantrum:FYI for those new Bambu owners who think the fans are too noisy when printing in your environment: https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/3d-printing-sharing-thread-lets-better-the-hobby/page/75#post-7413005
Also, I always print with the glass top on and the door closed which makes printing quiter. I print 90%+ PLA and just ignore the new nagging warnings about having the door open when printing PLA - this is really not an issue whatsoever in my experience, so I have no idea why they added the message in recent firmware updates (I've posted a ticket on the issue, and they are considering adding a way to disable the message).

#5437 3 months ago
Quoted from jrcmlc:

I only saw those warnings those one times, back a month or whatever ago when we spoke about it, since they have never recurred.

The occur every single time when initiating stored prints from the control panel on the Carbon X1.

#5438 3 months ago

Maybe that's the difference? They somehow got stored with the print itself? I don't use the shitty little control panels on my units, they aren't useful like yours....one difference in how we're doing it anyway.

Quoted from Mr_Tantrum:The occur every single time when initiating stored prints from the control panel on the Carbon X1.

#5439 3 months ago

Just noticed the AMS unit on the most recent P1S unit is different than the others I have. The molding on the bottom case is at least different if not (likely) more things.

#5440 3 months ago

Hey folks ! Love to see such an active 3D Printing thread and have enjoyed reading through everyone’s posts !

I’ve getting rid of my last 2.85mm machines. Hoping to sell or trade for another pin. Have tons of 2.85mm filament with them. Ultimaker 2+ extended and a bcn sigma r17 idex printer. Both have been great machines but I have two Bambu machines that have stolen their work. If anyone is interested im in central Illinois, shoot me a Pm ! Excited to have some fun stuff to post soon !

#5441 89 days ago

here's some flipper coil cooling fan mounts I designed. for 60mm fans. (did not make the grills, plenty of those around)

https://www.printables.com/model/669815-flipper-coil-fan-mount

pasted_image (resized).pngpasted_image (resized).png
#5442 89 days ago

I got a box from Bambu today....but alas it is still not my replacement door. They gave me tracking a couple of days ago but it still hasn't actually shipped. Awesome.

#5443 86 days ago

Still no bambu door. lol

#5444 86 days ago

Thanks for the update.

#5445 86 days ago

a new bambu A1 going to be announced on the 14th.
crazy.

I still want a Prusa though, I am kind of fed up with Bambu support or lack thereof. They are not much use and it is very frustrating getting anything fixed or replaced by them, unless the printer is brand new, they otherwise do not care.

#5446 86 days ago
Quoted from Pin_Fandango:

crazy.
I still want a Prusa though, I am kind of fed up with Bambu support or lack thereof. They are not much use and it is very frustrating getting anything fixed or replaced by them, unless the printer is brand new, they otherwise do not care.

Last night my middle schooler that is first year band had a concert. Walked by the library in the brand new built high school the conecert was at. Of course, it had glass walls, and saw 8 Prusa Mk3s+ or maybe even 4's. Damn, our schools get nice shit.

#5447 86 days ago
Quoted from Pin_Fandango:

crazy.

hmmm.. so first a prusa mini clone, and now an Mk4 clone. Dear bambu, can we get a bigger bambu P1P like EVERYONE has been asking for?
image-2-853x1024 (resized).pngimage-2-853x1024 (resized).png

#5448 86 days ago

Or even if it is brand new, and you have 4 of them. Lol. They give zero fucks.

Quoted from Pin_Fandango:a new bambu A1 going to be announced on the 14th.
crazy.

#5449 86 days ago

Finally going to jump into this. Have a K1 Max on the way. Probably too much for a starter, but they had an amazing BF deal on them.

#5450 86 days ago

I have a Bambu X1C and just started dabbling in the multicolour prints and came up with a technique to do this.

What are other people's techniques ? - I use the Step file approach.

Promoted items from the Pinside Marketplace
4,995 (OBO)
Machine - For Sale
Dunakeszi
$ 44.99
Cabinet - Shooter Rods
Pinball Shark
Shooter rods
$ 54.99
Cabinet - Shooter Rods
Lighted Pinball Mods
Shooter rods
$ 15.00
Playfield - Decals
Metal-Mods
Decals
$ 79.99
Cabinet - Shooter Rods
Pinball Shark
Shooter rods
$ 35.99
Eproms
Matt's Basement Arcade
Eproms
Wanted
Machine - Wanted
Red Oak, TX
Cabinet - Other
NO GOUGE PINBALL™
Other
$ 10.00
Playfield - Protection
UpKick Pinball
Protection
Tools
NO GOUGE PINBALL™
Tools
$ 52.99
Cabinet - Shooter Rods
Pinball Shark
Shooter rods
$ 54.99
Cabinet - Shooter Rods
Lighted Pinball Mods
Shooter rods
3,000 (OBO)
Machine - For Sale
Elgin, AZ
$ 18.00
Electronics
Yorktown Arcade Supply
Electronics
$ 12.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
UpKick Pinball
Toys/Add-ons
$ 35.00
Cabinet - Other
Rocket City Pinball
Other
$ 49.99
$ 54.99
Cabinet - Shooter Rods
Lighted Pinball Mods
Shooter rods
$ 95.00
Cabinet - Sound/Speakers
Pinball Mod Co.
Sound/Speakers
$ 15.00
Playfield - Other
RobTune
Other
$ 2.50
Lighting - Led
Pinballrom
Led
$ 12.50
Lighting - Led
RoyGBev Pinball
Led
$ 54.99
Cabinet - Shooter Rods
Lighted Pinball Mods
Shooter rods
Cabinet - Other
NO GOUGE PINBALL™
Other
Playfield - Other
Rocket City Pinball
Other
$ 20.00
Cabinet - Decals
Pinball Haus
Decals
Wanted
Machine - Wanted
San Francisco, CA
$ 27.95
Eproms
Pinballrom
Eproms
$ 10.00
Playfield - Protection
UpKick Pinball
Protection
$ 15.00
Cabinet - Sound/Speakers
Gweem's Mods
Sound/Speakers
There are 6,375 posts in this topic. You are on page 109 of 128.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/3d-printing-sharing-thread-lets-better-the-hobby/page/109 and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.