Topic Stats

• 6 posts
  • 3 Pinsiders participating
  • Latest reply 2 years ago by mikepmcs
  • No one calls this topic a favorite

You

Linked Games

#1 2 years ago

Since Bally Big Shot figures are impossible to find and others received C & D orders that were making them, my first question is if one was to make one for your pin that's missing one, would there be any problem with that? Then the second question is, does anyone know if there's a central spot to find the STL file of an already scanned figure? I'd scan one myself if I had one to scan but then I wouldn't be looking to 3D print one.

#2 2 years ago
Quoted from YippieKiYay:

my first question is if one was to make one for your pin that's missing one, would there be any problem with that?

Just for you and just for your own game. No.

LTG : )

#3 2 years ago

Thanks Lloyd, that's what I figured would keep things legal. Now hopefully someone else while have the scanned figure that I'll be able to print out.

#4 2 years ago
Quoted from YippieKiYay:

Thanks Lloyd, that's what I figured would keep things legal. Now hopefully someone else while have the scanned figure that I'll be able to print out.

maybe reach out to these dudes in Argentina? I think???
this is definitely a 3d print.
https://articulo.mercadolibre.com.ar/MLA-880330053-flipper-dr-dude-big-shot-_JM
Looks like it converts to 45 usd maybe?
maybe they flip you the stl file to print for personal use.

I found another scan googling around but it was absolutely horrible and it wasn't an available stl it was just a photo that led to a euro Ebay listing or some stuff.

#5 2 years ago

mikepmcs, I appreciate the link. They do say in the listing that they do not offer the file. Issue about trying to actually order the item from the site is you need to be signed up and they're asking for a province and now choice to select US and also asking for DNI which I likewise can't enter anything to complete the signup. Searching the feedback about the site also results in some sketchy at best feedback.

#6 2 years ago
Quoted from YippieKiYay:

mikepmcs, I appreciate the link. They do say in the listing that they do not offer the file. Issue about trying to actually order the item from the site is you need to be signed up and they're asking for a province and now choice to select US and also asking for DNI which I likewise can't enter anything to complete the signup. Searching the feedback about the site also results in some sketchy at best feedback.

trust your gut. sketchy always means no way to me.
good luck with your search.
I wish I had a small 3d scanner or better yet some graphics talent to use one of those fancy programs.
tinkercad is about all I can handle.
r/
Mike

Promoted items from Pinside Marketplace and Pinside Shops!
$ 12.50
Lighting - Led
RoyGBev Pinball

$ 22.50
Magazines/books
Pinball Magazine

$ 35.00
Cabinet - Other
Rocket City Pinball

4,200 (Firm)
Machine - For Sale
Phoenix, AZ
$ 80.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Listowel Pinball

$ 27.00
Electronics
Yorktown Arcade Supply

$ 18.95
$ 54.99
Cabinet - Shooter Rods
Lighted Pinball Mods

3,500 (OBO)
Machine - For Sale
Washington, NJ
$ 27.95
$ 95.00
Cabinet - Sound/Speakers
Pinball Mod Co.

$ 29.99
Eproms
Matt's Basement Arcade

Eproms
Matt's Basement Arcade

3,750 (OBO)
Machine - For Sale
Jesup, GA
2,400 (Firm)
Machine - For Sale
Carpentersville, IL
$ 15.00
Cabinet - Sound/Speakers
Gweem's Mods

$ 5.95
Playfield - Protection
The Pinball Scientist

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/3d-printing-question and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.