(Topic ID: 152510)

3D Printer pinheads - could you make this part?

By RussMyers

8 years ago

Topic Heartbeat

Topic Stats

You

Topic Gallery

View topic image gallery

IMG_6271_(resized).JPG
IMG_6270_(resized).JPG
Sliders_(resized).jpg

#1 8 years ago

https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/rocky-and-bullwinkle-backbox-sliders

They are Data East parts: Deep Channel 545-5381-01 (longer, x3) and 545-5381-02 (longer, x3)

The animated animal plastics slide up and down in these channels

RussMyers

Sliders_(resized).jpgSliders_(resized).jpg

#2 8 years ago

Yes. I'd be willing to knock it out quickly if it will fit on my printer. How long is that longest one?

Do you have a set of originals I or someone could borrow to measure?

#3 8 years ago

Wolf... very generous!

Russ, check with your local library. Mine has two 3-D printers that I can use for free. All I have to pay for is the media (they charge by the oz). They also have all the software to design (mostly freewhere) and the classes to support designing / printing. They also have a 3-D scanner which is kinda cool. The scanner would not be good for this, but it's just fun to play with.

faz

#4 8 years ago

I think I do have some spares. Let me check my parts stash.

RM

#5 8 years ago

I am quite skilled in 3D modeling and could create the CAD geometry if need be. I would just need parts, or accurate dimensions.

#6 8 years ago
Quoted from RussMyers:

I think I do have some spares. Let me check my parts stash.
RM

If you find em, I'll be glad to knock them out like I mentioned. Just PM me and I'll give you my address if you want me to. No charge, as long as you are cool with me posting the model for free for others to have and print if they want to. I'll print you a few sets and return them with the original.

#7 8 years ago

OK, I have exactly one each of these things as spares.

They are unobtanium apparently. I would think a lot of R&B owners might want some.

I am willing to loan them out for duplication, and I don't care what you do with making the model available for others.

I would want the originals back and it would be nice to have an additional set of spares.

So who am I sending these to? Wolfmarsh or TLamb?

RussMyers

IMG_6270_(resized).JPGIMG_6270_(resized).JPG

IMG_6271_(resized).JPGIMG_6271_(resized).JPG

#8 8 years ago

I have an R&B, and a 3D printer. Wolfmarsh or Tlamb can you share the files when you get them done? Or post to Thingiverse?

#9 8 years ago
Quoted from RussMyers:

So who am I sending these to? Wolfmarsh or TLamb?

How long is the longest one?

I can do it for you if it's under 6 inches.

#10 8 years ago

Small one is 2.2"

Long one is 8.0"

RM

#11 8 years ago

I just wanted to note here, I am bringing this up not because I actually need them for my R&B, but because other R&B owners have asked for them, and I like to try and help people out because frankly, I have gotten a lot of help from other pinheads.

It's good to give back.

RM

#12 8 years ago

I bought the dual extruder 3d printer from monoprice:
http://www.monoprice.com/product?c_id=107&cp_id=10724&cs_id=1072403&p_id=11614&seq=1&format=2

Just shipped it back last week because of a display issue (I think I zapped it with static electricity from my dry house), but I expect a new one back this week. My platform is 8.9" x 5.9" x 5.7".

#13 8 years ago
Quoted from RussMyers:

I just wanted to note here, I am bringing this up not because I actually need them for my R&B, but because other R&B owners have asked for them, and I like to try and help people out because frankly, I have gotten a lot of help from other pinheads.
It's good to give back.
RM

That works for me. Since you don't need them printed, I'd be glad to just do the modeling and share the model for everyone. If you ship them here, I'll ship them back. Drop me a PM and let's do it.

#14 8 years ago
Quoted from toyotaboy:

I bought the dual extruder 3d printer from monoprice:
http://www.monoprice.com/product?c_id=107&cp_id=10724&cs_id=1072403&p_id=11614&seq=1&format=2
Just shipped it back last week because of a display issue (I think I zapped it with static electricity from my dry house), but I expect a new one back this week. My platform is 8.9" x 5.9" x 5.7".

I looked these over, seems like a killer price for a 3D printer, especially dual extruders. After a few weeks of using it let me know how you are liking it. I have a Makerbot replicator and love it. Service is great.

My build platform. Happens to be up to 9.9" so I can print these once the files are done

#15 8 years ago
Quoted from ovfdfireman:

I looked these over, seems like a killer price for a 3D printer, especially dual extruders. After a few weeks of using it let me know how you are liking it. I have a Makerbot replicator and love it

From the few parts I printed, it seems to print pretty well, and it's fairly quiet. I tried to use PVA support material, but it ended up printing stringy no matter what temps I set it at. Tried replicator G, makerbot, and Cura software. Most likely going to buy the Simply3d software because it seems to build phenomenal supports that break away:

#16 8 years ago

Sounds like Wolfmarsh has this covered. Sorry for the delay. I had a busy weekend and wasnt on my computer much. If you need any assistance let me know. I can export in whatever format needed, I am guessing a .stl will be needed though for a 3D print.

#17 8 years ago

If you guys ever have any questions about 3d, I can try to help also. As I run 3 commercial 3d printers for a service bureau.

1 year later
#18 6 years ago

Did anyone wind up making these. I just got my RB and never noticed till I got a replacement lion and there is no short channel looking at game is on right side.
Might start going thru my box of parts from other hobbies to see if there is something that would work.

1 week later
#19 6 years ago

You only actually need two short channels on the RHS; one at the front and one at the rear.

3 years later
#20 3 years ago

I saw this post is old but is anyone willing to help me i need just 1 or 2 rollover caps made for my williams heat wave.

Promoted items from the Pinside Marketplace
$ 18.95
$ 29.50
Playfield - Plastics
Pinball Haus
Plastics
$ 18.00
Playfield - Plastics
Pinball Haus
Plastics
$ 30.00
Playfield - Other
Filament Printing
Other
Playfield - Other
Arcade Upkeep
Other
Cabinet - Sound/Speakers
PinSound
Sound/Speakers
$ 49.95
Lighting - Led
Mitchell Lighting
Led
$ 5.95
Playfield - Protection
The Pinball Scientist
Protection
$ 27.95
$ 14.95
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
ULEKstore
Toys/Add-ons
$ 15.00
Cabinet - Sound/Speakers
Gweem's Mods
Sound/Speakers
$ 79.99
Cabinet - Armor And Blades
PinGraffix Pinside Shop
Armor and blades
$ 30.00
Playfield - Other
YouBentMyWookie
Other
Lighting - Interactive
Professor Pinball
Interactive
$ 12.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
UpKick Pinball
Toys/Add-ons
$ 35.00
Hardware
Filament Printing
Hardware
Playfield - Protection
UpKick Pinball
Protection
3,900 (OBO)
Cabinet - Sound/Speakers
PinSound
Sound/Speakers
$ 285.99
Cabinet - Other
PinSound
Other
$ 12.00
Tools
Nezzy's Pinball Prints
Tools
$ 69.99
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Daddio's 3D Printed Mods
Toys/Add-ons
$ 39.00
Cabinet - Other
Arcade Upkeep
Other
$ 18.00
Playfield - Plastics
Pinball Haus
Plastics
Boards
PinSound
Boards

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/3d-printer-pinheads-could-you-make-this-part and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.